Driving Gear from LA to BRC -- Recommendations for rentals -- also down to take people's gear/split costs!

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
mgirifalco
Burning Since: 2015

Driving Gear from LA to BRC -- Recommendations for rentals -- also down to take people's gear/split costs!

Post by mgirifalco » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:02 am

I am taking a bunch of gear up to BRC from LA for an art installation up Tuesday Aug 19th. I was going to rent a Uhaul but I don't know if it is the best choice. Does anyone have recommendations for companies?

Also... If anyone else is looking for similar service, I would be down to split some space/costs. We're planning on taking a 15-17ft truck because the price isn't much different from a 10-12'. But really we could probably squeeze everything into a 12' truck.

...So bottom line is I have space if you wanna split costs!

I could also take up people's personal gear, any little bit helps!

burnercat
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Black Rock Bakery

Re: Driving Gear from LA to BRC -- Recommendations for rentals -- also down to take people's gear/split costs!

Post by burnercat » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:50 pm

Hey there,

We're doing something similar this year and Ryder seemed to be cheapest but they're all kinda the same.

Also maybe try posting in the "Hauling" section here: https://rideshare.burningman.org/

Good luck!
see you in the dust!

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: Driving Gear from LA to BRC -- Recommendations for rentals -- also down to take people's gear/split costs!

Post by Token » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:36 pm

Check Avon Rents in LA.

They have been historically very Burner friendly, although it’s down to the wire at this point.

Return to “Rideshares & Resource Sharing”