Ride OFFERED from SF Bay Area --> BRC (Arriving early/staying late)

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
SunriseSunset
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Hushville

Ride OFFERED from SF Bay Area --> BRC (Arriving early/staying late)

Post by SunriseSunset » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:24 pm

Sooooo... my friend flaked on me, and now I've got a 9-foot cargo van all to myself (total cost = $815 + gas). I'm looking for someone to share the ride and split expenses.

The Details

I’m leaving form the Bay Area on Wednesday 8/21 and spending the night in Reno. Then I plan to go up to BRC really early on Thursday (4 AM) to avoid the lines at the gate.

I’m also planning to stay late and help MOOP the village, so I’ll be leaving Tuesday morning after the burn (no line @ exodus!). Then I plan to spend the night in Reno because trying to do that whole ride from BRC can be exhausting. We’ll be back in the Bay Area on Wednesday, 9/4.

I assume you’d want to join me for all or part of that journey, but if you have another ride + you just want to pay for half the rental + gas and have me take your stuff, that could be arranged, too. I’m open to alternatives.

About Me

I’m a writer and a nomad, currently drifting around the world (spent 3 months in Colombia + heading to Turkey after the burn). I’m a passionate burner and care deeply about the 10 principles—"especially radical inclusion,” “leave no trace,” and “radical self-expression.”

About You

In the spirit of radical inclusion, I don’t care about your age… but I *do* want someone who is emotionally mature and won't flake.

Also, please don’t bring any drugs with you for the ride (including weed, since it’s illegal on BLM territory). I don’t mean to be a buzz kill, but since I don’t get high anymore, I don’t want to take the risk for someone else.

I'd also love to drive up with someone makes good conversation (so we can enjoy the journey)!

Oh, and hopefully this goes without saying, but I don’t care about your gender, race, ethnicity, or anything like that. Just be human. Or android.

Include the practical info: Where you’ll need to be picked up, whether you can do the full journey with me (come early/stay late), if you want to camp with our camp, etc.

Aaaaaand…

Let me know who you are: What are your passions? What draws you to the playa? What does Burning Man mean to you?

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Ride OFFERED from SF Bay Area --> BRC (Arriving early/staying late)

Post by Ratty » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:41 pm

You left out one thing. Your passenger needs to have a WAP. (Early entry pass). They can NOT get in without one. Good luck on the journey.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Ride OFFERED from SF Bay Area --> BRC (Arriving early/staying late)

Post by AntiM » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:33 pm

Ratty wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:41 pm
You left out one thing. Your passenger needs to have a WAP. (Early entry pass). They can NOT get in without one. Good luck on the journey.
This is assumed, and WAPs must be discussed privately, not in the post. But yes, rider must be approved for arriving early to work.

Return to “Rideshares & Resource Sharing”