Ride OFFERED / BU DRIVER NEEDED - Leaving Sun 8/11 in LA area!

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
tynacity
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: Cafe de la fin du Monde

Ride OFFERED / BU DRIVER NEEDED - Leaving Sun 8/11 in LA area!

Post by tynacity » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:30 pm

Hello! It’s TYNACITY with Cafe de la Fin du Monde in the Black French Quarters. Is there a volunteer available in the LA area that can help with driving from here to BRC with our 26 ft. Box Truck & all the necessities we can carry for our camp/ village??? We are departing early THIS Sunday morning (8/11) and will also be one of the firsts to arrive on the playa for build week (8/19). We will be spending time in Reno for the time in between. Please let me know as soon as you can, awesome Burners!

P.S. No special driver’s license needed. Just make sure yours is with you and is in good condition 😊.

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: Ride OFFERED / BU DRIVER NEEDED - Leaving Sun 8/11 in LA area!

Post by Token » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Wow! Good thing you planned ahead for this ... ;)

Maybe elaborate a bit on what happens in Reno for 7 days and if the driver you’re looking for will get a place to sleep, eat, you know ... the basics?

And are you providing the WAP?

Gotta be tenacious with the details, you know. ;)

tynacity

Post by tynacity » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:26 am

Hey Token!

My village has been searching for drivers for weeks and within our village’s roster.
Also, aspects of my camp leader and I’s travel plans prior to this had changed unexpectedly which creates an inherent short notice. So the summation was with intent- but I’d be happy to elaborate on that further if you reach out one on one about the origins of this post.

I’m not allowed to discuss WAP specifics based on the BM rules in this context. We cannot offer WAP to persons outside our camp/village.

Generally speaking, our village makes sure everyone is accounted for, hence providing a summary as I did for this offer and request. Just make sure you have an event ticket. If not there may still be one for purchase.

In Reno, the backup driver would have a chance to prep for their personal burn whatever that is for them and can help with the Blind Mistress mutant vehicle if interested, but no pressure at all. Just enjoy Reno.

Our route: LA - OAK - RENO - BRC.
We will stop one night 8/12 in OAK for loading before Reno.

Are you asking of these things because you have interest in helping? If so, let’s chat more.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:54 pm

So ARE you offering a WAP to the driver whether he/she camps with you or not? The posting is so vague. Enjoy Reno for a week? On who's dime? You have a ticket to offer them? Wow. Are you new at this? I really do wish you luck. It ain't easy. I'm sure you'll get someone.

What's a 'BU' driver?
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

tynacity

Post by tynacity » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:02 am

Are you of interest? I can follow-up with you one on one for specifics. My previous answer can clarify why I state things as such, encouraging one on one action for specifics.

Are you of interest?

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:48 am

Ratty wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:54 pm
So ARE you offering a WAP to the driver whether he/she camps with you or not? The posting is so vague. Enjoy Reno for a week? On who's dime? You have a ticket to offer them? Wow. Are you new at this? I really do wish you luck. It ain't easy. I'm sure you'll get someone.

What's a 'BU' driver?
They are entirely correct in being vague, WAPs are not to be discussed on the board, they're an internal affair between camp members. Once someone contacts them, they can communicate about what is required ia PM, email, or carrier pigeon. Anyone posting they're providing a WAP gets booted off eplaya. Does this answer your question?

Token

Post by Token » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:23 am

I would go about this a bit different:

Wanted: mostly sane, fully sober driver and build fluffer to share driving duties LA - Oakland - Reno - BRC and back again in a rental 26’ truck. Regular drivers license required with clean record.

Must be willing to commit to a long-ride, departing 8/11 from LA with 1-day layover in Oakland for loading, and 5-day build-out in Reno.

Become a member of the most awesome yadieyadeyyadah in the French quarter.

Qualified candidate will be fun, motivated, and easy going. Hot-pants, cowboy-hat, cowboy-boots wearing a plus.

Must be willing to commit.

Details and arrangement via PM exclusively, so don’t be shy, you know you want it!

But then again, I like to be playful and all that.

p.s. - bumpitty - bump.

Return to “Rideshares & Resource Sharing”