Stuck in Reno!

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
mtttp
Burning Since: 2016

Stuck in Reno!

Post by mtttp » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:20 am

I got left behind and im stuck in Reno! Can anyone please help me out! Got a ticket, camp, just need a ride from Reno. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Have 3 bags and will give whatever gas money requested. At least 50. Im super stuck and screwed over. Please please help! Thank you!

Canoe

Re: Stuck in Reno!

Post by Canoe » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:31 am

You've been burning since 2016 and you don't know about the Rideshare locations in Reno?
Get your ass over to:
  • Keystone Savemart, or
  • Reno Airport (see Air Playa Info)
Check this link viewtopic.php?f=508&t=82472#p1144744
or google eplaya for more advice
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Canoe

Re: Stuck in Reno!

Post by Canoe » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:20 pm

On Reddit you say you aren't actually in Reno, but are in Carson City.

In Carson City you might catch someone coming through from CA and they'll be going up 580 to Reno or over on 50 to Clark or Fernley. But the bulk of that traffic is likely over.

So get up to Reno. The rideshares are the better bet, as people are going there looking for people who need a ride.
But gas stations and walmarts are a good bet too, but less so in the south end of Reno as there is less Burner traffic there. The Walmart by the airport is good, as that's where a lot of Burners flying in go to, either before going to Keystone Savemart or back to the airport for a rideshare, or their rideshare took them while both got supplies.

DO NOT urber, taxi or otherwise pay someone to take you to Burning Man. Do to the BLM exclusion order, they're not allowed to be on the playa. Fines & arrest are possible. If you're dropped in Gerlach, you may find a deputy picks you up and you sit there until Burning Man is over and they have time to deal with you. YRMV
Canoe wrote: Only vehicles with a ticket (physical or Will Call) for everyone in the vehicle and a Vehicle Pass is allowed onto the playa due to the BLM Exclusion Order. You must enter Black Rock City by vehicle - the vehicle you arrived in. Exceptions are only for Approved Vendors, like Burner Express bus. Which is why taxis to BRC are not allowed.
You will not be allowed into BRC without the above.
You can be fined.
Everyone can be turned away, possibly with/without tickets confiscated, with the vehicle blacklisted.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Return to “Rideshares & Resource Sharing”