Selling the tickets that would have been for donations!

A forum for community conversation and deeper discussions about the cultural direction of Burning Man.
joncaso
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Midnight Ridazza

Selling the tickets that would have been for donations!

Post by joncaso » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:09 pm

As we are all aware Burning man is not occurring, at least in the traditional sense, that being said is there a chance that they will still be printing the tickets? I have collected ones from every year I have gone to so far.

I would be happy to donate since I know the org is asking for donations if I could get one.

I really think they should make special ones that both contain this year's theme as well as combining some theme that represents the fact that we are not going to BRC itself.

I can't imagine it coast that much to print them and outside of the designed coast, which I suspect has already happened. Why not sell them for a $50 donation. It would be a cool keepsake for 2020.

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Re: Selling the tickets that would have been for donations!

Post by Popeye » Fri May 01, 2020 2:38 am

Agreed (not that my agreement means anything).
I've heard something like this suggested before, so maybe it will happen. The Burners here on Eplaya have no particular authority but maybe if you dropped your suggestion here https://help.burningman.org/hc/en-us/requests/new it might get to someone who can take it forward.
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Fri May 01, 2020 1:29 pm

Of course we are going to muse on "what if?" Personally I don't support the BORG spending the money on printing tickets this year unless they are locked into the contract.

Maybe in 2022, they could combine the regular ticket run with printing some commemorative 2020 tickets and sell them to collectors for a few hundred dollars.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Fri May 01, 2020 6:34 pm

They wouldn't have to print ALL the tickets.
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

Return to “Black Rock City Cultural Direction”