Visiting Nevada via Winnemucca, meet BLM

A forum for community conversation and deeper discussions about the cultural direction of Burning Man.
some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Visiting Nevada via Winnemucca, meet BLM

Post by some seeing eye » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:17 pm

I have many concerns about the direction of Burning Man. I was going to be in the neighborhood so I made an appointment to meet them and did. Build a person relationship. You can do too.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Visiting Nevada via Winnemucca, meet BLM

Post by Bless » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:27 am

Fuck BLM
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:30 am

I'm gonna have to go with Bless on this one...

I'd rather eat a big bowl of milk over dog fur, than hang out with BLM agents in my spare time.

I never got the infatuation with, gifting to, and coddling of BLMs during the event as if they were actually burners.

They make shit loads of money from the event, they get to gawk day and night while being very handsomely paid, and then they drop the hammer on anyone who slips up a bit while enjoying themselves on a vacation they paid big money for.

Bless sums it up perfectly for me.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:24 am

Thanks Mr Jackass for chiming. You were the key driver calling out PnP!

I understand what you are saying.

The BORG would prefer a stupid Republican BLM head sell or gift them Hualapai, right by Fly Ranch.

Peak good was the BLM head appointed at the direction of powerful Nevada Senator Reid.

When I visited, I met with the staffer responsible for vendors and PnP. I would like to diminish PnP which is why I made the appointment. We met for about an hour. The staffer in charge I met was a 20-30s tattooed hipster. We had an honest useful conversation. They are primarily concerned about outside service providers, named and un-named, evading payment.

The big barrier to dismantling the PnP on the BLM side is the privacy of outside services payment records.

One would theoretically have to file a FOIA for outside services records and pay to have them redacted, which could negate the point entirely. The BORG has the full outside services records, including camp delivery points.

The main person in the Winnemucca office has a big concern for preserving native artifacts, which is cool.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:39 pm

SSE: you said that "The big barrier to dismantling the PnP on the BLM side is the privacy of outside services payment records."

Why is BRC not giving BLM access? Are they using this as a negotiating tool to help with the lawsuit or for future negotiations and payments?
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

Return to “Black Rock City Cultural Direction”