So who is still going?

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: So who is still going?

Post by lucky420 » Mon May 17, 2021 6:12 am

>>
Good Morning,
My name is Chelsea McKinney and I work for the Bureau of Land Management in the Black Rock Field Office/Black Rock High Rock Emigrant Trails National Conservation Area. I am writing to you all because you have reached out to our Outdoor Recreation Planner or to our public email, asking questions about what would be needed to bring a group of friends, theme camp members, host a gathering, etc. on the Black Rock Desert playa (NCA) around the time that Burning Man has been held (late August, early September). Internally we have been discussing options and what that would look like and time and personnel power needed. This is an evolving situation and the planning is evolving with the requests and concerns we see as public lands managers. In that effort to provide for safe recreation experiences and protecting the NCA, the BLM would like you to (if you already haven’t) submit a 2930-1 Special Recreation Permit Application and fill out an Operating Plan (attached).
An item of note for your application is that you would be considered an Organized Group. Please select that box. If you intend on charging a fee that would make you commercial.
Once you have filled out the SRP application and Operating Plan, to the best of your ability, please return them to me for review. Emailing me is the best way to make sure I get it. I and the recreation planners will then review them and reach out to you all with questions or next steps. Those next steps could include the following:
Insurance Requirement
Initial payment of $115
Safety Plans/COVID-19 Safety Plans
County Requirements (TBD)
State Requirement (TBD)
If all of those items are met, the application will be processed to a permit and additional items will be needed after the permit (post use reports/closeout).
I want to thank you all for reaching out and asking questions about an area you obviously enjoy visiting. Should you have questions please email me first, and if we need to set up a time to talk I can get that scheduled. I hope you all have a great day.

Chelsea McKinney
Burning Man Project Manager
Bureau of Land Management
Winnemucca District
Black Rock Field Office
[email protected]
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Thu May 27, 2021 8:44 pm

That’s why 2020 was a must-do.
The shit hadn’t yet hit the fan.
This year looks like Hawaii wins.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

FlyingMonkey

Post by FlyingMonkey » Fri May 28, 2021 5:59 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:44 pm
That’s why 2020 was a must-do.
The shit hadn’t yet hit the fan.
This year looks like Hawaii wins.
Agreed.
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”