Ticket scalpers taking the piss in U.K. jailed
Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:42 pm
- They used multiple identities and computer robots to buy tickets, selling them for inflated prices on secondary ticketing websites, including Viagogo, GetMein, StubHub and Seatwave.
- Hunter was jailed for four years and Smith for two and a half years.
- It was described by National Trading Standards as a "landmark case" which was "the first successful prosecution against a company fraudulently reselling tickets on a large scale".
- When their home was raided, investigators found 112 different payment cards in 37 names.
- The couple used at least 97 different names, 88 postal addresses and more than 290 email addresses to evade platform restrictions.