Page 2 of 2

Re: In the event of cancellation...

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:59 am
by shilohdog
Sham,
I love chicken salad,šŸ“šŸ¹... I will looking forward šŸ˜

Re: In the event of cancellation...

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:40 pm
by edervjo
Yeah, the porta potty pros should know a thing or two about avoiding nasty bugs, germs, etc.

Heck make them the greeters, but instead of rolling in dust you shower in a fresh batch of blue water to get in.

Re: In the event of cancellation...

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:05 am
by Savannah
Sham wrote: ā†‘
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:13 pm
shilohdog wrote: ā†‘
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:46 pm
Unjohnharley,

I am the kid your mother warned you about - šŸ‘¹ lol ... ESQ
I met Unjohn, I know Unjohn, Unjohn is my friend. He will make chicken salad out of you.
:lol:

Re: In the event of cancellation...

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:04 am
by some seeing eye
In the theme camp symposium, Marian said that they may delay the main sale and that they anticipate making a go-no-go decision about the August Nevada event by May 1.

The BORG has a very large network. So it's good to hear they are consulting with Dr Larry Brilliant.

Re: In the event of cancellation...

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:34 am
by lucky420
some seeing eye wrote: ā†‘
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:04 am
In the theme camp symposium, Marian said that they may delay the main sale and that they anticipate making a go-no-go decision about the August Nevada event by May 1.

The BORG has a very large network. So it's good to hear they are consulting with Dr Larry Brilliant.
Thanks for the update. Iā€™m going to try and zoom in soon

Re: In the event of cancellation...

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am
by Soul Patch
some seeing eye wrote: ā†‘
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:04 am
In the theme camp symposium, Marian said that they may delay the main sale and that they anticipate making a go-no-go decision about the August Nevada event by May 1.

The BORG has a very large network. So it's good to hear they are consulting with Dr Larry Brilliant.
From what I gathered in the symposium, main sale tickets will be held end of April, followed by the decision to cancel or not on May 1st. I also understand that tickets will not be held until 2021 in the event of cancellation. The ORG has upwards of 14,000,000 in yearly expenses, leads me to believe there is is zero chance of getting a refund. In the current environment around the globe, many, many people are struggling financially right now, and that situation will continue to only get worse. 35,000 people have purchased DGS tickets, so we are either going to Black Rock City, or making a hefty donation to the ORG. To continue with the Main sale, selling another 20,000 tickets and then making the decision to cancel days later would be shitty.

Re: In the event of cancellation...

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:22 am
by Molotov
For the BORG to put the tickets on sale one day (which will sell out in minutes) and in the next day or so announce the event will not be held and (sorry, suckers!) there will be no refunds, sounds like out-and-out fraud.

It would be done that way to raise enough for operating funds until next year, with no benefit to the participants.

Re: In the event of cancellation...

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:35 pm
by wraith
Sham wrote: ā†‘
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:53 pm
So here we are. Tickets will most likely be much easier to get this year. How bad do you want to attend? Are you willing to take a chance? An opportunity of a lifetime is before you. It's a fork in the road that requires a clear and level head. Do you have a strong constitution?
Fuck that and fuck you for espousing it.

Show a little goddamn civic responsibility rather than encourage people to drag in across little isolated towns and reservations from all across the goddamn map while facing a disease with up to two weeks of symptom free incubation and which can have asymptomatic carriers.

It would be, at this point, grossly negligent if the BLM doesn't pull the permit.

Re: In the event of cancellation...

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:18 am
by Sham
I think you may have missed the point I was making.

The Burning Man of distant pasts were no speed limits, guns were allowed and people were less butt hurt over everything. The term politically correct was left at the gate. People were willing to take a chance. It was grittier and more outrageous.

We are certainly in unusual times. Nothing is guaranteed. I too have tickets flapping in the breeze right now.

Since I posted, the general ticket sale has been put on hold. Sit tight for your sanitized, sparkly sure thing ticket situation for the event. Welcome to the new Burning Man.

Re: In the event of cancellation...

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:19 am
by wraith
I'm not worried about ticket sales, I'm worried about a bunch of burnouts too enamored of fucking off in the desert for a week dragging sickness into isolated communities.

If you think your precious burn is worth the lives of people living in isolated areas with very limited access to medical attention, I'm going to call you a fucking asshole. Not to your face though, because I've got the sense to stay the fuck away.

Taking risks with your own life? Sure, whatever. Taking risks with other people's lives for your own entertainment? People who didn't sign up for it and just happen to live in the path? Fuck right off.