So who is still going?

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
M F Bonz
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:51 pm
Burning Since: 1999

Re: So who is still going?

Post by M F Bonz » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:48 pm

lucky420 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:20 pm
M F Bonz wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:22 am


Don’t look for me I plan on being alone away from everybody and everything.
Now more So...it will only be me alone now.
That’s goddamn beautiful. Thanks for sharing
Yeah... I like the footage also. I used to be able to find the raw footage with time code but without the Music. But that was years ago.

I really did mean I’m gonna be spending my time alone out there. That was always the plan. If I can.....just wanted one more trip out to the desert to drink champagne and watch the sunrise. The future is undefined.
Worrying is like a rocking chair gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.
I will just leave it at that.


Mozy Fucking Bonz~
Coincidence, traced far enough back becomes and inevitable.

User avatar
Captain Goddammit
Posts: 8477
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:34 am
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: So who is still going?

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:14 pm

lucky420 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:13 am
Captain Goddammit wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:43 am
Word is - and it’s just rumors floating in the breeze- that the general burner zone will be north of where BRC usually is.
I would seriously consider it but I need a campfire at night or I’m going to bed at 9. :coffee:
I’m bringing a propane fire pit. They work great.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

User avatar
Captain Goddammit
Posts: 8477
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:34 am
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: So who is still going?

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:19 pm

M F Bonz wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:48 pm


I really did mean I’m gonna be spending my time alone out there. That was always the plan. If I can.....just wanted one more trip out to the desert to drink champagne and watch the sunrise. The future is undefined.
Worrying is like a rocking chair gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.
I will just leave it at that.


Mozy Fucking Bonz~
Hey Mozy, I haven’t seen you since 2007, when you came by and chilled off in my camper out on the perimeter. I think you gave me a big bottle of champagne.
Fuck that’s a long time.
If you stumble across a truck camper, and white Toyota truck and a 10x20 shade, with a sign that says Fish Out Of Water, that’ll be me.
We will have good food and cold drinks. We will totally hook you up.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

User avatar
lucky420
Posts: 9198
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 am
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity
Location: Reno, NV

Re: So who is still going?

Post by lucky420 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:24 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:14 pm
lucky420 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:13 am
Captain Goddammit wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:43 am
Word is - and it’s just rumors floating in the breeze- that the general burner zone will be north of where BRC usually is.
I would seriously consider it but I need a campfire at night or I’m going to bed at 9. :coffee:
I’m bringing a propane fire pit. They work great.
Are those being allowed? I’ve read conflicting reports. Please take a picture and send it right away :wink:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

User avatar
lucky420
Posts: 9198
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 am
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity
Location: Reno, NV

Re: So who is still going?

Post by lucky420 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:28 am

M F Bonz wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:48 pm
lucky420 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:20 pm
M F Bonz wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:22 am


Don’t look for me I plan on being alone away from everybody and everything.
Now more So...it will only be me alone now.
That’s goddamn beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Yeah... I like the footage also. I used to be able to find the raw footage with time code but without the Music. But that was years ago.

I really did mean I’m gonna be spending my time alone out there. That was always the plan. If I can.....just wanted one more trip out to the desert to drink champagne and watch the sunrise. The future is undefined.
Worrying is like a rocking chair gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.
I will just leave it at that.


Mozy Fucking Bonz~
:coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

M F Bonz
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:51 pm
Burning Since: 1999

Re: So who is still going?

Post by M F Bonz » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:36 am

Well fuck.... I would be almost there by now. But something personal has come up.

Fuck.... need to push past this. Champagne is already chilled and the desert is calling me. Fuck....
Coincidence, traced far enough back becomes and inevitable.

M F Bonz
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:51 pm
Burning Since: 1999

Re: So who is still going?

Post by M F Bonz » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:00 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:19 pm
M F Bonz wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:48 pm


I really did mean I’m gonna be spending my time alone out there. That was always the plan. If I can.....just wanted one more trip out to the desert to drink champagne and watch the sunrise. The future is undefined.
Worrying is like a rocking chair gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.
I will just leave it at that.


Mozy Fucking Bonz~
Hey Mozy, I haven’t seen you since 2007, when you came by and chilled off in my camper out on the perimeter. I think you gave me a big bottle of champagne.
Fuck that’s a long time.
If you stumble across a truck camper, and white Toyota truck and a 10x20 shade, with a sign that says Fish Out Of Water, that’ll be me.
We will have good food and cold drinks. We will totally hook you up.

Thanks~
Coincidence, traced far enough back becomes and inevitable.

User avatar
A-RockLeFrench
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: THREAT
Location: USA

Re: So who is still going?

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:27 pm

FUCK IT IM GOING

User avatar
lucky420
Posts: 9198
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 am
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity
Location: Reno, NV

Re: So who is still going?

Post by lucky420 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:50 pm

:lol: :coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

User avatar
burner von braun
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:37 pm
Burning Since: 2010

Re: So who is still going?

Post by burner von braun » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:58 pm

I ran across this live stream from the playa. And here I thought I'd make it through the week without FOMO. Ha!

https://www.twitch.tv/loominairy

Ballpark
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:23 pm
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Esd

Re: So who is still going?

Post by Ballpark » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:16 pm

Yeah, open that link and check out the temp. Currently 103. Sizzle sizzle you’re gonna need some drizzzle.

User avatar
lucky420
Posts: 9198
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 am
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity
Location: Reno, NV

Re: So who is still going?

Post by lucky420 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:56 pm

Ballpark wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:16 pm
Yeah, open that link and check out the temp. Currently 103. Sizzle sizzle you’re gonna need some drizzzle.
Totally, it was 103 in a Reno today.

I gave a stupid stranger a ride up a few blocks today. Saw him walking his dog at 1:30 in the afternoon. Dude didn’t realize it was to hot for his dogs feet. Wtf? ya got shoes, I told him, you’re dog doesn’t. The guy was from the Bay Area visiting... hahahahaha

While I was giving the dog water, the guy got a phone call and the person on the other line was like “wtf, it’s to hot to walk my dog, get back here”

So that was my helping a stranger feel good story for the day.

Oh and the dudes name was Random, hahahahaha
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Ano
Posts: 545
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Everlasting Fuck-you's

Re: So who is still going?

Post by Ano » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:02 am

I got a report - for all intents and purposes, it appears that last night felt like BRC. There's a critical mass of people out there now, a few art cars, at least one sound camp, a lot of bars, artwork etc. It's spread out from the 2019 city site to a few miles north. There are some serious set-ups out there too, more than one camp has brought out most of their gear.

I'm physically incapable of going due to an accident, otherwise I'd be heading out this morning. It sounds like it's been a good time for all involved, and (hopefully) a once-in-a-lifetime experience for experiencing the Black Rock Desert during Labor Day.

A thing think about is that the use that is occurring right now is allowed year-round, for the most part. I wonder if this will inspire folks to explore the desert in more times than Burning Man. I've been a part of non-BRC/non-juplaya renegade events like this out there and it's a fantastic time. People should be expanding their idea of community beyond the Borg, and I think this is one way to do so.
Last edited by Ano on Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lucky420
Posts: 9198
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 am
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity
Location: Reno, NV

Re: So who is still going?

Post by lucky420 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:06 am

Ano wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:02 am
I got a report - for all intents and purposes, it appears that last night felt like BRC. There's a critical mass of people out there now, a few art cars, at least one sound camp, a lot of bars, artwork etc. It's spread out from the city to a few miles north. There are some serious set-ups out there too, more than one camp has brought out most of their gear.

I'm physically incapable of going due to an accident, otherwise I'd be heading out this morning. It sounds like it's been a good time for all involved, and (hopefully) a once-in-a-lifetime experience for experiencing the Black Rock Desert during Labor Day.

A thing think about is that the use that is occurring right now is allowed year-round, for the most part. I wonder if this will inspire folks to explore the desert in more times than Burning Man. I've been a part of non-BRC/non-juplaya renegade events like this out there and it's a fantastic time. People should be expanding their idea of community beyond the Borg, and I think this is one way to do so.
Do you know how the fire ban is holding up?
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Ano
Posts: 545
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Everlasting Fuck-you's

Re: So who is still going?

Post by Ano » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:09 am

AFAIK people are poofing propane and it's okay. I have not asked, but I have seen videos of poofing.

I'm also hearing that this is the best group of BLM anyone has ever met, they are incredibly cooperative, friendly, and happy to be out there. I wish the bulk of the BLM who worked our event had this attitude.

Edit: to be clear, I don't know what the specific rules are and I haven't asked. I was hit by a car and temp partially paralyzed a few months ago so I've been trying to pretend this whole thing isn't happening while my camp feverishly planned to do a bitchin' set-up out there, since I'm incapable of survival camping without infrastructure right now.

User avatar
lucky420
Posts: 9198
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 am
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity
Location: Reno, NV

Re: So who is still going?

Post by lucky420 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:54 am

Ano wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:09 am
AFAIK people are poofing propane and it's okay. I have not asked, but I have seen videos of poofing.

I'm also hearing that this is the best group of BLM anyone has ever met, they are incredibly cooperative, friendly, and happy to be out there. I wish the bulk of the BLM who worked our event had this attitude.

Edit: to be clear, I don't know what the specific rules are and I haven't asked. I was hit by a car and temp partially paralyzed a few months ago so I've been trying to pretend this whole thing isn't happening while my camp feverishly planned to do a bitchin' set-up out there, since I'm incapable of survival camping without infrastructure right now.
Thank you for the info, bits and pieces coming in, course I could just take a drive up there...

Hope your healing and rehab are coming along good. Take care
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Ballpark
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:23 pm
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Esd

Re: So who is still going?

Post by Ballpark » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:39 pm

Ano wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:02 am
I got a report - for all intents and purposes, it appears that last night felt like BRC. There's a critical mass of people out there now, a few art cars, at least one sound camp, a lot of bars, artwork etc. It's spread out from the 2019 city site to a few miles north. There are some serious set-ups out there too, more than one camp has brought out most of their gear.

I'm physically incapable of going due to an accident, otherwise I'd be heading out this morning. It sounds like it's been a good time for all involved, and (hopefully) a once-in-a-lifetime experience for experiencing the Black Rock Desert during Labor Day.

A thing think about is that the use that is occurring right now is allowed year-round, for the most part. I wonder if this will inspire folks to explore the desert in more times than Burning Man. I've been a part of non-BRC/non-juplaya renegade events like this out there and it's a fantastic time. People should be expanding their idea of community beyond the Borg, and I think this is one way to do so.
Looking at this live feed it just doesn’t appear to be many peeps out there. I hope I’m wrong. Granted, this is only in one direction but I would think based upon rumor there would be more vehicles in view.

www.twitch.tv/loominairy

User avatar
Captain Goddammit
Posts: 8477
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:34 am
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: So who is still going?

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:34 pm

Reporting live from the playa, it’s Saturday night.
About the propane fire pits, the BLM cops said if we were cooking with it it was ok but due to the fire ban they said we’d have to only use it for that. They were extremely polite and friendly about it.
All the BLM cops out here are super nice.
And they have directly told us they are happy to have us out here enjoying the public land.

It’s very “Burning Man” out here. I’ve run into several eplayans and other old burner friends.
There are art cars rolling on the playa, there are sound camps, there are lasers in the sky, and best of all there’s no gate or perimeter fence.

The cops and our own estimate is that about 3500 people are here, spread out over a much larger area than the old Burning Man was.

I was right, this is the epic year to be here, two decades of being a burner and this is the best year yet.
If it’s cancelled next year, I’ll absolutely be here.
If it isn’t cancelled, fuck it. The old pay the Org to camp on free public land burning man is over.
The winds of change have started blowing.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

User avatar
burner von braun
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:37 pm
Burning Since: 2010

Re: So who is still going?

Post by burner von braun » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:51 pm

Thanks for the live report direct from the playa Captain. Glad to hear it is indeed turning out to resemble the Burning Man from days afore.

User avatar
unjonharley
Posts: 10354
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair
Location: Salem Or.

Re: So who is still going?

Post by unjonharley » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:35 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:34 pm
Reporting live from the playa, it’s Saturday night.
About the propane fire pits, the BLM cops said if we were cooking with it it was ok but due to the fire ban they said we’d have to only use it for that. They were extremely polite and friendly about it.
All the BLM cops out here are super nice.
And they have directly told us they are happy to have us out here enjoying the public land.

It’s very “Burning Man” out here. I’ve run into several eplayans and other old burner friends.
There are art cars rolling on the playa, there are sound camps, there are lasers in the sky, and best of all there’s no gate or perimeter fence.

The cops and our own estimate is that about 3500 people are here, spread out over a much larger area than the old Burning Man was.

I was right, this is the epic year to be here, two decades of being a burner and this is the best year yet.
If it’s cancelled next year, I’ll absolutely be here.
If it isn’t cancelled, fuck it. The old pay the Org to camp on free public land burning man is over.
The winds of change have started blowing.
fuck your burn Cap :D
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

M F Bonz
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:51 pm
Burning Since: 1999

Life says no....

Post by M F Bonz » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:59 pm

Image
Coincidence, traced far enough back becomes and inevitable.

User avatar
lucky420
Posts: 9198
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 am
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity
Location: Reno, NV

Re: So who is still going?

Post by lucky420 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Bwahahahaha ^^
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

M F Bonz
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:51 pm
Burning Since: 1999

~another day~

Post by M F Bonz » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:37 pm

~ Still Lives to Fight Another day.....

:wink:

fucking life~
Coincidence, traced far enough back becomes and inevitable.

User avatar
Canoe
Posts: 4021
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:01 pm

Re: So who is still going?

Post by Canoe » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:05 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:34 pm
Reporting live from the playa, it’s Saturday night. ...
The cops and our own estimate is that about 3500 people are here, spread out over a much larger area than the old Burning Man was.
I was right, this is the epic year to be here, two decades of being a burner and this is the best year yet. ...
Sounds frigging awesome!!!

Watch out for a change in the weather, Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
The heat is due to be replaced by the jetstreaming jogging way south, bringing some artic air way down south. Even around freezing in the north of Texas.
Nevada is supposed to only get the edge of it, to 45 F overnight, but...
twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/status/1302205882802073605

Monday night winds could gust to 45 mph. But I'm sure everyone there has seen a BRC Survival Guide, so they know what to be prepared for.
4.669
.
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

User avatar
burner von braun
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:37 pm
Burning Since: 2010

Re: So who is still going?

Post by burner von braun » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:26 am

Any mention of rain in the forecast Canoe?

User avatar
Canoe
Posts: 4021
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:01 pm

Re: So who is still going?

Post by Canoe » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:09 am

burner von braun wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:26 am
Any mention of rain in the forecast Canoe?
I was so blown away by the temperature change in the areas the jetstream will affect that I didn't even think to look at rain...

No rain showing in the forecast (out to Friday) for Gerlach et al.
Cooler temps (lows 40's/50's, possibly 30's) Tuesday into Wednesday, warming up to the usual by Saturday.

Other sources show:
  • Tuesday has a bit of rain (possibly snow) in NE Nevada, then along the Eastern border.
  • Mix rain/snow hitting Utah Tuesday into Wednesday, similar possible eastern half of Arizona.
  • Otherwise showing no rain nor major air mass movement in Nevada out as far as Wed. Sept 16.
https://www.windy.com/-Rain-thunder-rai ... -117.312,7
4.669
.
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

User avatar
homo ardentum
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:22 pm
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp Carnivore

Re: So who is still going?

Post by homo ardentum » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:43 pm


DoctorIknow
Posts: 793
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:07 pm
Burning Since: 1998
Location: Sacramento

Re: So who is still going?

Post by DoctorIknow » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:14 pm

Big props to EVERYONE who went out there!

With absolutely no assurance that anyone would be allowed out there for that week, you went anyway, into the unknown.

That kind of decision and action is the only sane approach to how to survive 2020 as of right now and into the forseeable future.

My heroes.... all of you!

User avatar
MyPlayaUserName
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:39 am
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Ass Stamp Camp
Location: Kauai, Hawaii, USA

Re: So who is still going?

Post by MyPlayaUserName » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:52 pm

It's great to see ePlaya is still here. I hope everyone had a great burn week and like many of you wish I had been bold enough to go to this "Not Burning Man".

DoctorIknow
Posts: 793
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:07 pm
Burning Since: 1998
Location: Sacramento

Re: So who is still going?

Post by DoctorIknow » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:12 pm

MyPlayaUserName wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:52 pm
I.....wish I had been bold enough to go to this "Not Burning Man".
You can go next year...hopefully by next August the buzz won't reach the frat boys, freegans, shirt-cockers, sparkle ponies, Instagram influencers, P2P camp leaders...and especially, those megaphone people...so proud of their disruption with infantile word vomit, , excepting the DPW, sitting on their camp perch, cajoling people to use their bike jump in the middle of the road, most of the people falling on their ass even though the jump is 6 inches high. I watch them for hours....schadenfreude one of my fave vices out there.....counting how many unfinished domes on Thursday....any one who's made a dome understands...hey, their failure as a team a great learning experience for the person who THOUGHT he/she HAD a team.

Post Reply

Return to “Tickets Discussion”