Virtual Temple?

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about your 2020 playa projects here.
PhoenixHealingFire
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Shamandome, Naked Heart

Virtual Temple?

Post by PhoenixHealingFire » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:13 am

Hey Team!!

I'd like to please start with the idea THEN introduce myself.

IDEA - I'm putting together an online Temple for, indeed, Sunday 9/6. I'm looking for ideas, people that would like to participate, and any enthusiasm you have.

Here's what I have so far-
- To look at a screen can be crazy boring, so SOMETHING needs to be done.
- This has been a rough year. Do we want someone to speak? And what sort of thing would we like to hear?
- The Temple is a quiet experience, and to have much more than that is (potentially) not honoring that.
- I found an AMAZING musician (Burner... of Shamandome camp) who does deliciously deep meditation-y music (he's particularly great with Tibetan bowls & percussion instruments) and he's interested in doing some music. VERY cool, appropriate sound.
- I want to have a place for offerings. I'm thinking some kind of blog entry website? Then you can put on a picture and a blurb. Then my friend (shout to Kitten - Comfort & Joy) said it would be cool to have them appear on a grid - like the ending of Love Actually (Start at 3:28 - VERY cool idea...but needs someone who knows how to do it. Then again, maybe there's a better way?

I'd love your ideas please,
Phoenix

Introduction -
I've been to seven burns since my first in 2010 (shoutout to Shamandome, Camp Contact, Snow Cone Solar and Naked Heart camps), and can't get enough of Burning Man!! Credit to my cousin (another shoutout to Kitten Calfee of Comfort & Joy) who helped me make it happen. Burning Man changed my life. I remember on my last day of that first burn I was sobbing because I realized the lie that I was living. Burning Man was incredible for me that year. But then...it always is...every year. The years I had to miss were heart breaking...but I made sure I did something really amazing just to mark the dates. In default world I'm a healer and artist...and that really only kicked into gear after my first burn. I was done denying who I was. My life transitioned in phenomenal ways...and today I'm so much more joyous, and most of my real friends are burners. I live in NH...which has very little burner activity. But you know...we need to change that. Sounds like a worthy post-Covid objective! In the meantime, I love you all!! And please let me know what you think of the Online Temple idea.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Virtual Temple?

Post by AntiM » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:38 am

Mod note: moved to 2020 A&P as this is a better fit for a project. Greeter's is purely for introductions.

PhoenixHealingFire
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Shamandome, Naked Heart

Re: Virtual Temple?

Post by PhoenixHealingFire » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:58 am

Surfed Kindling and suddenly there is VERY cool stuff around a virtual temple. I'm happy to completely let this go and enthusiastically support theirs. :-)

Return to “Art & Performance”