6th yr vets looking for 2020 camp home!

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2020.
totoburner
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Friendgasm

6th yr vets looking for 2020 camp home!

Post by totoburner » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:04 pm

Well it's the day after Christmas -- ready to burn lol.

Wife and I are looking for a new camp home for 2020. This will be my 6th year (her 4th). We’ve co-founded two camps, I volunteer for the placement team and am relatively handy... well, I have arms and legs and a strong desire to contribute :D She is a certified meditation instructor whose beautiful on-playa classes have been well-received.

I've met a lot of camps via my work with placement but since I was working at the time and not really thinking of moving, I kept no notes or call-back deets so I thought I'd try here where camps may be looking.

Seeking a fairly chill, no drama llama camp b/t 3 through 9 & C through K-ish with great people and amazing community & connection. Happy jump through whatever algorithmic loops or performance hoops are necessary!

toto

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: 6th yr vets looking for 2020 camp home!

Post by Ratty » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:57 pm

Toto, Welcome to ePlaya. I understand you wanting to find a camp. Your post didn't have enough info about you and yours. Where do you live? Are you ready/willing to take part in the prep work? When you say you volunteered for placement did you mean the teams that went out for the last two years checking on camps? (Or something else maybe.) What is 'b/t 3 through 9 & C through K-ish'? Nobody knows where their camp is placed in advance so that can't be your preferred addresses. Tell us a bit about yourself. 6 years burning you must have stories.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

totoburner

Post by totoburner » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:36 am

Thank you for the clarifying questions. :) We're in Austin, of course we're willing to prep and be a part of a camp in advance. Yes I was on the placement CSS team last year and plan to be on again this year in a leadership capacity if possible. I added the addresses because many camps know approximately where they'll be placed; most know if they are esplanade vs. suburban for example--our preference is to not be in the loudest/busiest areas. I run my own company, have 3 daughters and attend regionals whenever I can (3 of the 4 Texas regionals last year). And yes, plenty of stories and love to share them.

Hope this is enough to satisfy any camps out there looking for solid experienced campmates, those who might be interested please feel free to message me. :D

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:18 pm

I still don’t get why it’s even necessary to be in someone else’s camp.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

totoburner

Post by totoburner » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:46 am

Not necessary, just a preference. I like the community.

Any camps out there looking? c'mon, me strong on plow.

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:10 pm

By the time I or anyone I know had been to BM six times, this problem didn’t exist.
If community is that important, how do you still not have any friends to camp with??
You’re far better off just camping and hanging with who you end up liking to hang with, not whoever said “yeah, for $xx we will give you a spot”.
There’s always plenty of “community” to be had.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Lightspeed
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Journeylizm

Post by Lightspeed » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:50 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:10 pm
By the time I or anyone I know had been to BM six times, this problem didn’t exist.
If community is that important, how do you still not have any friends to camp with??
You’re far better off just camping and hanging with who you end up liking to hang with, not whoever said “yeah, for $xx we will give you a spot”.
Yikes. No one said anything about looking to pay $ for a spot (which, if that were the case, I would agree that it is a shit approach). But that isn't the case here. The guy is simply looking for another camp to Burn with. If they want to find a camp to Burn with, how would they be "much better off" camping alone?

I plan on open camping this year rather than join our usual Theme camp. But that isn't how everyone wants to do it. Anti M is looking for campmates over in this thread. How is that any different?
----------------------------------------------------------
I love SilverGirl70's Modified Monkey Hut for Kodiak & Shiftpod!

Joose

Post by Joose » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:52 pm

Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
~ Dr. Seuss

totoburner

Post by totoburner » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:06 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:10 pm
damn there are some crusty burners in here. Our camp is taking the year off. Sure I have plenty of friends to camp with, some of whom I am also going to reach out to but naively thought “oh maybe eplaya would be a good place to ask” haha

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Post by gaminwench » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:44 am

This *is* a good place to look for a camp, you're just a bit early (goodonya).
Once ticket sale info has been released, plans will form.
Stay tuned.

Also, some denizens here do tend to be snarky, dusty (it was better before ...) types; just slide right past them!

(*ahem, you know who you are.*) :roll:
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:49 am

What she said ^^^ :mrgreen:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Return to “Camps & Villages”