Looking for my cosmic family

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2020.
Jeannie Ginx
Burning Since: 2021

Looking for my cosmic family

Post by Jeannie Ginx » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:18 pm

I'm new to burning man. My first time will be 2021. I'm learning a lot from the forums today.

I'm looking for a camp. (well duh) :P

I'm a 45 year old single girl. Looking for a laid back crowd. Not a huge drinker but I do take the brownie highway to bed. hint hint wink wink. Hell I don't even know it that is ok in BRC. Is it? I hate the pill road to lala land, but insomnia is a bitch.

If you'd have an old hag in your camp let me know

Loves
J
Normal is boring. Don't be boring.
Love

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Re: Looking for my cosmic family

Post by Popeye » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:02 pm

Jeannie Ginx wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:18 pm
I'm new to burning man. My first time will be 2021. I'm learning a lot from the forums today.

I'm looking for a camp. (well duh) :P

I'm a 45 year old single girl. Looking for a laid back crowd. Not a huge drinker but I do take the brownie highway to bed. hint hint wink wink. Hell I don't even know it that is ok in BRC. Is it? I hate the pill road to lala land, but insomnia is a bitch.

If you'd have an old hag in your camp let me know

Loves
J
Hi Jeannie, and welcome. No one cares what you look like or how old you are. Your attitude is much more important!
Check out the WWW, last years is here: https://playaevents.burningman.org/2019 ... events/01/ of course it will be different next year but this should give you some idea of what might be happening and who is putting it on.
BM is on federal land and pot is still not legal there so of course no one uses it. 8) :lol: .
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

Jeannie Ginx

Post by Jeannie Ginx » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:59 pm

Thanks Popeye
Love

lucky420
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:38 am

Errrmmm what is the brownie highway?

Oh wait, I certainly know what that is, took a min :lol: :mrgreen:

Stick around, you sound pretty cool. Keep an eye out for when camps start posting that they are looking for campers. You’ve got plenty of time to prepare and check out camps that you find interesting. There’s a theme camp list from the 2019 event over at burningman.org

Sorry I’m terrible at linking off my iPad
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:51 am

45!? Damn. That's pretty old to be going to Burning Man. (Says this 72 year old burner.) And I'm not close to being the oldest person you might find on the playa.

Welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Jeannie Ginx

Post by Jeannie Ginx » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:16 am

Thanks Lucky420. funny how that took a min to get. didn't want to just come out and say special brownies.

Thanks Elderberry. Figured I wouldn't be the oldest but sure as damn not in the 20 something crowd. on a good day I can pass for the 30 something crowd.
Love

Return to “Camps & Villages”