Otter Space Theme Camp for Burning Man 2020 looking to recruit new members

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2020.
worldjoe
Burning Since: 2018

Otter Space Theme Camp for Burning Man 2020 looking to recruit new members

Post by worldjoe » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:36 am

Looking for a Burning Man camp in the Multiverse? I am hosting a theme camp at this year’s Burning Man. YES IT'S HAPPENING. The theme camp is named Otter Space! We will have a virtual space in Black Rock City VR which is accessible with VR or without (PC). The Burn is August 30 to September 6.

Our space will have a movie theatre, a common area, a cuddle puddle, an interactive art experience and a DJ setup.

I’m looking for people to join my camp. If you join the commitment I ask from everyone is to Host a single event or commit to buy 2 pizzas for people that wander into our camp during our pizza event nights. I will build a spreadsheet for camp volunteers to enter addresses into. The idea is you would call a pizza place near the address and order the cheapest cheese pizza, including delivery and tip. You gift is your time calling and the money to buy 2 orders. Roughly 40$ US (most delivery locations have a minimum order amount so even though a single pizza is less than $20, my research showed that most places will require about $15 US and a tip on top). Think of all the money you'll save not buying a 500$ ticket to the Burn!

If anyone wants to donate money for pizzas but not join the camp feel free to PM me.

And if you want to host a movie, or something in the common space we can work that out too.I have been to the big burn twice but never hosted a camp there. My plan was to host my first camp at Black Rock City this year. But instead I will be hosting my first camp in the multiverse.

The picture is the sign my wife painted for the San Diego regional Kidsville/Otter Space camp that we run. However the multiverse camp won’t be a family oriented camp. I tend to leave my kids at home during the main Burn. But they might pop in. About me. I go by Water Wheel. Although the kids call me Otter Daddy. I have been hosting the Family camp at the San Diego Regional (Youtopia) for the last 4 years. I have co-hosted the Black Rock Explorers at Bequinox for the last 2 years. I have been bringing the Electric Lazy Lounge to both regionals for just as long. I hosted a movie night at the Remote Burn, earlier this year, to test out this new Multiverse and it went great!

We will also be at Burning Man in 2021 with the same setup only physically. Mutant Vehicle, Interactive VR art experience, on playa art, and free food. Our co-lead has experience running large theme camps at Burning Man but wanted to step down from that role to lead a smaller camp of mostly close friends. So we'll have tons of experience for a first year on playa camp.

If you want to be a part of our camp, join this facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/612627472963843

Lastly, AGAIN YES Burning Man 2020 is happening. Yes, it's all digital. If you want to read more about the 8 official universes in this year's Multiverse go here. https://journal.burningman.org/2020/07/ ... ultiverse/

Return to “Camps & Villages”