Thinking about Cannonballin' it out to Blackrock Desert to camp this wknd...

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2020.
AddamsonFlint
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: The Flint Fix-It Fort

Thinking about Cannonballin' it out to Blackrock Desert to camp this wknd...

Post by AddamsonFlint » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:56 pm

Oh, all my old school eplaya peeps- I miss you.

I'm thinking about camping out. I'm in Columbus, but have diesel low gears in my TDI, so that drive gets shorter.

Andyways,let's keep it real; there are people out there right now. I see old nineties grainy vhs video of smaller days gone bye, and I can't help but think of the cosy close knit small get together that could be. The only people at this point that would still put in that much effort just to go and camp, would be those quality peeps that really wanted to be there, cuz they cared. I dunno, I think it could maybe be one of the most memorable burning man year there ever wasn't.

Anyways, if anyone knows anybody that will be out that way, let me know.

Flint

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Thinking about Cannonballin' it out to Blackrock Desert to camp this wknd...

Post by lucky420 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:14 am

My brain read “cannablism”. Hahahahaha
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

xea_sea
Burning Since: 2011

Re: Thinking about Cannonballin' it out to Blackrock Desert to camp this wknd...

Post by xea_sea » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:56 am

Thinking about this too! This is the first time in many years that thanks to covid I actually have the time! I'm all the way down here in LA but I'm convincing myself a 10 hr weekend road trip is not a bad idea! Lol :D :shock:
<3

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:49 pm

I’m hitting the road this evening.
You are absolutely spot-on correct, this will be just like going back to 1990.
I haven’t been excited to go to Burning Man for a few years now, and haven’t bothered since ‘16.
But there’s no way I’m not gonna be there for this one, the rogue year where only the real self-reliant do-ers will be there.
Don’t listen to anyone that says the tribes, the people of Gerlach, the BLM or anyone else doesn’t want to there. They’re all fine with it.
Particularly don’t listen to Halcyon, the “pink Jesus”. He’s full of crap.

All you have to do is abide by the regular laws and general good camping practices.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Post by Bless » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:07 pm

Captain, usually the voice of reason...
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:38 pm

When Halcyon does one of his videos, I can't make sense of what he is saying. It's similar to yoga-festival talk in incomprehensibility.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:42 pm

My friend sent me the pink jesus video when I mentioned what I was doing, why you sending me this crap, I'm not listening to this idiot.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Julius

Post by Julius » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:18 pm

I’m aching to go out there this year. I always wanted to experience it in those early years. My first year was 2004.

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:58 am

Julius wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:18 pm
I’m aching to go out there this year. I always wanted to experience it in those early years. My first year was 2004.
I don’t think it’s going to. Probably not quite like the early years. Lots of reports of the po po stopping by to say “heyyyy” and we have a state wide fire ban. :coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:00 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:49 pm
I’m hitting the road this evening.
You are absolutely spot-on correct, this will be just like going back to 1990.
I haven’t been excited to go to Burning Man for a few years now, and haven’t bothered since ‘16.
But there’s no way I’m not gonna be there for this one, the rogue year where only the real self-reliant do-ers will be there.
Don’t listen to anyone that says the tribes, the people of Gerlach, the BLM or anyone else doesn’t want to there. They’re all fine with it.
Particularly don’t listen to Halcyon, the “pink Jesus”. He’s full of crap.

All you have to do is abide by the regular laws and general good camping practices.
Hahahahaha I get you
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Return to “Camps & Villages”