Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

All things outside of Burning Man.
Post Reply
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
Posts: 19000
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins
Location: Rochester, Nevada.

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:59 am

im glad to hear that Yggy is in agreement that this kind of criminal behavior is not ok from any side.

we as americans need to agree on things.

like rape is bad, and should be punished.

Not rewarded, with you know, supreme court seats, or the presidency.
Frida Be You & Me

User avatar
ygmir
Posts: 29372
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq
Location: nevada county

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Post by ygmir » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:25 am

lucky420 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:46 pm
ygmir wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:20 pm
lucky420 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:59 am


I haven’t read much about what kind of platform he has yet. I do like the fact that he donated a lot of money to defeat certain politicians. I think I read somewhere a hike back that he was donating to defeat Mitch McConnell and his cocaine connection a while back, that’s a good thing IMO.
he seems to be a "wing nut", so, sure, that makes sense.
"cocaine connection"? sorry, I have no info on that. Interesting, though, I don't remember any other politicians being targeted for that reason... I mean, just be partisan, and leave it there? seems silly to bring up things that others have gotten a pass for?
El presidente accused her of smuggling big time, not just a lil recreational. So it’s true, El Capitan said so

* plus it just tickles me to say “Mitch McConnell and his cocaine connection” every time
ah ok, fair. I had not heard that one.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

User avatar
Dr. Pyro
Posts: 4690
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:11 am
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro
Location: Meadow Vista, CA
Contact:

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Post by Dr. Pyro » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:02 am

Am I the only one who finds it odd, and partisan, that when Obama published his book prior to his presidency that, in Chicago, he sold cocaine as a teenager, no one in the media thought that was at all important? I mean, I wouldn't have known about it if Fox hadn't shown the quote from the book, which I suspect not many people read. For if they had, he would never have gotten elected if your hatred for McConnell, and his alleged cocaine connection, is sincere. I mean, certainly you would never have voted for a cocaine dealer would you? I know I certainly wouldn't have.

User avatar
Popeye
Posts: 713
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:39 pm
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton
Location: Where the east wind blows

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Post by Popeye » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:09 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:02 am
Am I the only one who finds it odd, and partisan, that when Obama published his book prior to his presidency that, in Chicago, he sold cocaine as a teenager, no one in the media thought that was at all important? I mean, I wouldn't have known about it if Fox hadn't shown the quote from the book, which I suspect not many people read. For if they had, he would never have gotten elected if your hatred for McConnell, and his alleged cocaine connection, is sincere. I mean, certainly you would never have voted for a cocaine dealer would you? I know I certainly wouldn't have.
I might have. Or a pot dealer, or a prostitute. Or anyone who has overcome what has kept them or others like them down. To overcome that background and have enough people behind you to be nominated for president shows strength, shows character.
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/857278 ... t-a-person

I've been told that the Kennedys fortune came from bootlegging. Didn't they have someone in public office?
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

User avatar
Popeye
Posts: 713
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:39 pm
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton
Location: Where the east wind blows

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Post by Popeye » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:27 am

Refusing to vote for, hire or interact with a person because of the group they belong to is the same prejudice that has caused so much pain and poverty and death throughout history.
Doc, when you say that someone is bad because "he sold cocaine as a teenage" I hear "they are evil beyond redemption because they are poor, black, queer, female, a Burner, etc". This is obviously not true. Look at the individual and why they are part of the group. Stereotypeing is not a good idea just the lazy persons power trip.
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

User avatar
Simon of the Playa
Posts: 19000
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins
Location: Rochester, Nevada.

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:01 am

Frida Be You & Me

User avatar
lucky420
Posts: 8638
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 am
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity
Location: Reno, NV

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Post by lucky420 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:53 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:02 am
Am I the only one who finds it odd, and partisan, that when Obama published his book prior to his presidency that, in Chicago, he sold cocaine as a teenager, no one in the media thought that was at all important? I mean, I wouldn't have known about it if Fox hadn't shown the quote from the book, which I suspect not many people read. For if they had, he would never have gotten elected if your hatred for McConnell, and his alleged cocaine connection, is sincere. I mean, certainly you would never have voted for a cocaine dealer would you? I know I certainly wouldn't have.
Oh I hate Mitch McConnell and his cocaine cartel no doubt about that but listen up fool, the cocaine part? Yeah that’s mainly a joke based on your hero (drumpf) making these disparaging remarks. I now realize your sense of humor is either sorely lacking or just so base it doesn’t go beyond “boobies heeehee” lighten up skillet
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

User avatar
lucky420
Posts: 8638
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 am
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity
Location: Reno, NV

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Post by lucky420 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:55 pm

Popeye wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:27 am
Refusing to vote for, hire or interact with a person because of the group they belong to is the same prejudice that has caused so much pain and poverty and death throughout history.
Doc, when you say that someone is bad because "he sold cocaine as a teenage" I hear "they are evil beyond redemption because they are poor, black, queer, female, a Burner, etc". This is obviously not true. Look at the individual and why they are part of the group. Stereotypeing is not a good idea just the lazy persons power trip.
+1000
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

User avatar
Simon of the Playa
Posts: 19000
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins
Location: Rochester, Nevada.

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:43 am

Frida Be You & Me

Post Reply

Return to “Open Discussion”