Re: Donald Trump is my hero

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:43 pm

increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: Donald Trump is Typhoid Mary

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:50 am

The head of the White House security office is gravely ill with COVID-19 and has been hospitalized since September, a White House official has confirmed.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 918371002/
Frida Be You & Me

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:03 pm

A lying sack of shit has spit on the graves of 200.000+ .. All the while saying it s good to kill the geriatic of the nation ..
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:16 pm

Elliott Broidy, a prominent fundraiser for President Donald Trump and the Republican Party, has been charged in an illicit lobbying campaign aimed at getting the Trump administration to drop an investigation into the multibillion-dollar looting of a Malaysian state investment fund.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/0 ... ing-428034
Frida Be You & Me

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:34 pm

An anti body cocktail extracted from (aborted ?) fetal tissue.. Hello christians !! ..Donald Trump is YOUR baby killer hero ..

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:05 pm

That fits the narrative that he subsists on the flesh of the unborn.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:16 am

Steve Schmidt, a Republican strategist, in response to one of Trump's tweets insulting him:
You've never beaten me at anything. This is our first dance Trump Did you like Covita (video)? We are so much better at this than your team of crooks, wife beaters, degenerates, weirdos and losers. You are losing.

We heard you loved Evita. You saw it so many times. Where will you live out your years in disgrace? Will you buy Epstein's island? One last extra special deal from him? Or will you be drooling on yourself in a suite at Walter Reed? Maybe you will be in prison?

I bet you fear that. The Manhattan District Attorney may not be around to cover for you or your crooked kids anymore. Eliza Orlins doesn't believe in different sets of rules for the Trump's. What about the State Attorney General? You know what you've done.

Oh Donald. Who do you owe almost $500 million in personally guaranteed loans to? Its' all coming down. You think you and your disgusting family are going to be in deal flow next year? Are you really that delusional?

You are lucky Chris Wallace interrupted you after Joe Biden said you weren't smart. You started to melt down. That's the place that hurts the most. Right? Fred SR knew it. You've spent your whole life proving it. You aren't very smart. You couldn't take the SAT's on your own. What was the real score? 970? We both know you know. Are the steroids wearing off? Is the Euphoria fading? Do you feel foggy? Tired? Do you ache? How is the breathing? Hmmm. Are you watching TV today Trump? We will have some nice surprises for you. Everyone is laughing at you. You are a joke. A splendid moron turned deadly clown.

Did you watch Sen. Martha McSally in her debate against American hero, fighter pilot, test pilot, astronaut Capt. Mark Kelly. She is so embarrassed by you. She is ashamed and full of self loathing for the choice she made in following you over the cliff. She is in free fall now. She will lose; like most of them, because of you.

We hear from the White House and the campaign every day. They are betraying you. They are looking to get out alive and salvage careers and their names. It's Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner vs Donald Jr and Kim Guilfoyle on the inside. They are at war over scraps and who gets to command what will be the remnants of your rancid cult. It's almost over now. You are the greatest failure in American history Trump.

You are the worst President in American History. Disgrace will always precede your name. Your Grandchildren and great grandchildren will grow up ashamed of their names. One day I suppose there will be some small and not much visited library that bears your name. It will be the type of place where a drunk walks by, staring at the wall for a minute, before deciding it is beneath his dignity to piss on. Trump, that's what is waiting for you.

Joe Biden is a better man. He's smarter. He's winning. Do you remember when you didn't want to name Donald Jr "Donald" because you were worried about him being a loser named Donald. You were right about that. He is. But it is you Donald Trump Sr. who will be remembered as America's greatest loser. You will be crushed in the election. Shhhhhhhh
(stripped of @refs from source)
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:02 am

While speaking with Bartiromo, Trump ranted and raved about his political enemies. He implored Attorney General Bill Barr to "indict these people for crimes," specifically naming Barack Obama and Joe Biden.

Hours later, after Trump's interview with Bartiromo had faded to a degree from memory, Jeffrey Toobin tweeted: "Just so it's clear. [Trump] today called for [Obama] and [Biden] to be indicted and prosecuted. Have our standards fallen so far that this kind of antidemocratic authoritarian behavior passes without criticism? Is this now normal?"

A coughing Trump insists he's well

Trump continued to careen from topic to topic on Sean Hannity's show, promoting conspiracy theories, peddling falsehoods, and launching attacks on Democrats and the media during a roughly 25 minute conversation. But it was arguably the President's health that took center stage. During the interview, Hannity twice asked Trump if he had been tested for the coronavirus since he became ill last week. It was a question that the President apparently couldn't answer. Trump instead said that he will "probably" be tested on Friday. Medhi Hasan quipped about the non-answer, "Mark the date, we have reached the point where even Sean Hannity is asking Trump simple questions that the president can't or won't answer."

It wasn't just Trump's comments on his health that drew attention. It was what the audience could hear at home. At least twice during the interview, Trump had to pause his sentences and audibly clear his throat and cough. The President insisted he was feeling great, claiming he saw his doctors earlier in the day and that they believe him to be in "great shape." But he sure didn't sound like he was cured, as he claimed to be.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/09/media/tr ... index.html
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:51 am

In 2016, a white man told officers, “Donald Trump will fix them” while being arrested for threatening his Black neighbors with a knife. That same year, a Florida man threatened to burn down a house next to his because a Muslim family purchased it, citing Trump’s Muslim ban made it a reason for “concern.” Then there are the more widely known examples, like Cesar Sayoc, who mailed 16 inoperative pipe bombs to Democratic leaders and referred to Trump as a “surrogate father,” and the mass shooting in El Paso, Texas, in 2019 that left 23 dead, where the shooter’s manifesto parroted Trump’s rhetoric about immigrants.

In some cases, Trump initially denounces the violence, but he often walks back such statements, returning to a message of hate and harm. Recently, he defended a teenage supporter who gunned down three people at a Black Lives Matter protest. And on Thursday, he refused to condemn the domestic terrorists

https://www.vox.com/21506029/trump-viol ... ate-speech
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:59 pm

“Close your eyes and imagine what it would be like to go an entire 24 hours without hearing his voice, or swaying under the yoke of his omnipresent shittyness. How about a whole week? A Trumpless void where the debasement of the entire American enterprise was limited to less catastrophic forces. A life not unlike the one we all remember back on Earth One when times were simpler, and otherwise competent politicians were run out of the profession entirely just for making a weird noise with their mouth.
Imagine how your shoulders would drop if you didn’t have to worry whether we will be suddenly plunged into some extinction-level event as a result of the wounded grievance of our most privileged citizen.
Imagine a world no longer forced to bend to the shallow whims and limited cognitive ability of a septuagenarian toddler with no understanding of how anything works beyond the way it makes him feel.
Imagine public policy being more than instant hot takes shot straight from the wobbly hip of an elderly white man whose total understanding of the world is limited to what someone with little to no short term memory could retain from watching eight hours of FOX News a day.
Imagine what it would be like if all the resources of the American government didn’t have to legitimize the random brain farts of a person coddled beyond the ability to recognize a stupid idea.”

https://medium.com/@buckdown/picture-a- ... 0dfabc7a33
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:31 am

D5439BC1-E998-48D7-929A-1F84E6720E6E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:43 am

nq201012.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Miura-7
Burning Since: 2020

Post by Miura-7 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:45 am

"Septuagenarian Toddler"- A 70 -79 year old mental midget.

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:25 pm

FIGJAM wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:43 am
nq201012.gif
And trump is the judas goat

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:50 am

"I feel so powerful, I'll walk into that audience. I'll walk in there, I'll kiss everyone in that audience," Trump said in Sanford, Florida, showing his illness did not teach him to respect his own government's pandemic guidelines. "I'll kiss the guys and the beautiful women and the -- everybody. I'll just give everybody a big, fat kiss."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/13/politics ... index.html
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:35 am

October 14, 2020
Heather Cox Richardson
Oct 15

Today began with a breathless story from the tabloid paper the New York Post alleging that, according to Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani, Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, had dropped off three laptops for repair in 2019 and had never picked them up again, and that the FBI subpoenaed the hard drives, but before turning them over the repairman had made a copy of the material on them, and he gave it to Giuliani, and it had incriminating material on it….

And yes, it’s as ridiculous as it sounds. Over the course of the day, real journalists have demolished the story, but it is still of note as news because of what its timing might mean.

First of all, the Trump campaign is in trouble. Polls show the president down by significant numbers, and the voters he has been trying to suppress are turning out in droves. Today Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker, a Republican, issued a statement saying he “cannot support Donald Trump for President,” and the Biden campaign announced that it raised an eye-popping $383 million in September alone, a historic record which comes on top of the historic record of $364.5 million it set in August. This means Biden has $432 million on hand for the last month of the election. Dumping a story like this Hunter Biden fiction in a tabloid, which has wide reach among low-information voters, is a cheap fix for the Trump campaign. It might shore him up among those who will never see the wide debunking of the story.

Second, though, the timing of the story suggests it was designed to distract from the third and final day of Amy Coney Barrett’s testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee in her hearing for confirmation to the U.S. Supreme Court. The hearings have not been going particularly well for the Republicans. They have the votes to confirm her, and confirm her they will, but her insistence that she is an “originalist,” along with her refusal to answer any questions on topics relevant to the present, including on racial prejudice, climate change, voter suppression, and so on, have made her extremism clear.

Democrats have hammered home that putting Barrett on the court at this moment is an extraordinary power grab, and voters seem to agree. Turning attention away from the hearings would be useful for the Republicans when voters are on their way to the polls.

And yet, Republicans are determined to force her appointment through, even though it threatens to delegitimize the Supreme Court.

To what end?

The originalism of scholars like Barrett is an answer to the judges who, in the years after World War Two, interpreted the law to make American democracy live up to its principles, making all Americans equal before the law. With the New Deal in the 1930s, the Democrats under Franklin Delano Roosevelt had set out to level the economic playing field between the wealthy and ordinary Americans. They regulated business, provided a basic social safety net, and promoted infrastructure.

After the war, under Chief Justice Earl Warren, a Republican appointed by President Dwight Eisenhower, the Supreme Court tried to level the social playing field between Americans through the justices' interpretation of the law. They tried to end segregation through decisions like the 1954 Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas, which prohibited racial segregation in public schools. They protected the rights of accused prisoners to legal counsel, and the right of married couples to use contraception in 1965 (it had previously been illegal). They legalized interracial marriage in 1967. In 1973, they tried to give women control over their own reproduction by legalizing abortion with the Roe v. Wade decision.

The focus of the Supreme Court in these years was not simply on equality before the law. The justices also set out to make the government more responsible to its citizens. It required that electoral districts be roughly equal in population, so that a state could not have one district of a few hundred people with another with a hundred thousand, thus establishing the principle of “one man, one vote.”

These were not partisan decisions, or to the degree they were, they were endorsed primarily by Republicans. The Chief Justices of the Court during these years were Republicans Earl Warren and Warren Burger.

Today’s “originalists” are trying to erase this whole era of legislation and legal decisions. They argue that justices who expanded civil rights and democratic principles were engaging in “judicial activism,” taking away from voters the right to make their own decisions about how society should work. They say that justices in this era, and those like them in the present—people like Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who protected women’s equality before the law-- were “legislating from the bench.” They hold tight to the argument that the Constitution is limited by the views of the Founders, and that the government can do nothing that is not explicitly written in that 1787 document.

Their desire to roll back the changes of the modern era serves traditional concepts of society and evangelical religion, of course, but it also serves a radical capitalism. If the government is as limited as they say, it cannot protect the rights of minorities or women. But it also cannot regulate business. It cannot provide a social safety net, or promote infrastructure, things that cost tax dollars and, in the case of infrastructure, take lucrative opportunities from private businesses. In short, under the theory of originalism, the government cannot do anything to rein in corporations or the very wealthy.

As Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), who is a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, illustrated in careful detail at the Barrett hearings yesterday, it is no accident that Barrett’s nomination has the support of secret dark money donors. She will be the key vote to having a solid pro-corporate Supreme Court.

The Trump administration has made it clear that it favors private interests over public ones, combatting regulation and welfare programs, as well as calling for private companies to take over public enterprises like the United States Postal Service. But the New Deal government and the rights enshrined by the Warren and Burger courts are popular in America, so it is imperative for today’s radical Republicans that the courts cement their reworking of the country.

Former White House Counsel Don McGahn explained that the Trump administration wants to skew the judiciary to support its economic agenda. “There is a coherent plan here where actually the judicial selection and the deregulatory effort are really the flip side of the same coin,” he said.

The administration has backed pro-corporate judges whose nominations are bolstered by tens of millions of dollars worth of political advertising paid for by dark money. Trump's Supreme Court appointees have joined other Republican justices on the court, where they consistently prop up business interests—such as with the 2010 Citizens United decision allowing unlimited corporate money in elections—and attack voting rights, as in 2013 with the Shelby v. Holder decision gutting the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

In 2014, New York Times journalist Linda Greenhouse wrote that it is “impossible to avoid the conclusion that the Republican-appointed majority is committed to harnessing the Supreme Court to an ideological agenda.”

That ideological agenda has profound implications for our society as we know it, beginning with the Affordable Care Act, which the court is slated to take up on November 10, just a week after the election. But it is not just our healthcare that is at stake. At risk is the whole infrastructure of laws protecting our civil rights, as well as our democracy.
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:09 pm

Low-information voters are burners too.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:13 am

“Surely we've had enough. Surely it's time for someone to govern the country again, not just use it as a backdrop for his reverse-Truman Show—and as an escape pod to flee his definitely real career as a Business Man who makes Business Deals. The president is the greatest con artist of all time, even with this country's rich history of snake oil and Ponzi schemes. He's deep into One Last Job, but surely we know the trick by now. We all know Mexico ain't paying for that wall. Surely this country has had enough of this ugly bullshit. Good God almighty, enough.”

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a3 ... ump-recap/
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:29 am

So very tired of this shit show
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:18 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:09 pm
Low-information voters are burners too.
Not all of us!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:10 am

5E5B6B1E-7314-44F2-933F-8D80A5645014.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:15 am

The traveling shitshow starring crime grandpa tiny hands magoo is hitting Carson City today. The bootlicker drunk sheriff is about to get his dream come true, he’s gonna get to actually kiss twittlers ass in person.

I’m working as a poll monitor here in Reno early today so it will prob be quiet, most of the insane will be on Carson slobbering over their golden calf. Shitshow starts at 4 but doors open at 1.

Wonder if our everlasting ass chap guy will be there, I think he’s from Tahoe.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:26 am

lucky420 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:15 am
The traveling shitshow starring crime grandpa tiny hands magoo is hitting Carson City today. The bootlicker drunk sheriff is about to get his dream come true, he’s gonna get to actually kiss twittlers ass in person.

I’m working as a poll monitor here in Reno early today so it will prob be quiet, most of the insane will be on Carson slobbering over their golden calf. Shitshow starts at 4 but doors open at 1.

Wonder if our everlasting ass chap guy will be there, I think he’s from Tahoe.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:16 pm

He knows how guilty he is...

Trump suggests he'd leave the country if he loses to Biden
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... nr-vpx.cnn

Nowhere To Run (Nowhere to Hide)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhcflDSUMvc

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:18 pm

BFC7415B-D558-4A28-9760-0F7D29C3E7D4.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:38 pm

I moved on her very heavily. ... I don't even wait

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1318 ... 44577?s=20

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:53 am

19 women have accused Trump of sexual misconduct. Here's what their stories have in common.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/ ... 279155002/

Simon of the Playa

OBAMA is my hero

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:13 am

watch it.

watch ALL OF IT

https://youtu.be/IQnlnk6Y7Kk
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Re: OBAMA is my hero

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:55 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:13 am
watch it.

watch ALL OF IT

https://youtu.be/IQnlnk6Y7Kk
Haha, I just finished viewing it before coming here. Man what an orator!

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:45 pm

This explains so much.
https://youtu.be/WKMZ25VL4co
PBS wrote:Former Senator Joseph McCarthy died more than 60 years ago, but a recently published book offers a new examination of the notorious Wisconsin crusader’s life and lasting political legacy. New York Times bestselling author Larry Tye joins Judy Woodruff to discuss why he chose to write about the controversial senator.
SPOILER: Roy Cohn advised Joseph McCarthy and, in his dying years, also mentored a young Donald Trump. Techniques of McCarthy and Trump can be seen to be very similar.

Plus Youtube is still broken

Return to “Open Discussion”