Re: my mind begins to hum...

Post by Miura-7 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:55 am

If you know you're a fool, you can't be a bigger fool. "I Guess?"

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:51 am

DEFY.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:40 am

sonder
n. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:06 am

15937093_1533735909973242_2694860675350061836_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:17 pm

Beautiful ^^^ such a cool shot
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:42 pm

fine.jpg

Ugly Dougly

Testing 123

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:35 pm

DEFY_1.gif

Ugly Dougly

Fell or pushed?

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:54 pm

Alaska Fish & Game wrote:Lemmings do not commit mass suicide. It's a myth, but it's remarkable how many people believe it. Ask a few.

"It's a complete urban legend," said state wildlife biologist Thomas McDonough. "I think it blew out of proportion based on a Disney documentary in the '50s, and that brought it to the mainstream."

Lemmings are a kind of short tailed vole, a mouse-like rodent that favors tundra and open grasslands. Three kinds are found in Alaska, including the collared lemming, the only rodent that turns white in winter.

In 1958 Walt Disney produced "White Wilderness," part of the studio's "True Life Adventure" series. "White Wilderness" featured a segment on lemmings, detailing their strange compulsion to commit mass suicide.

According to a 1983 investigation by Canadian Broadcasting Corporation producer Brian Vallee, the lemming scenes were faked. The lemmings supposedly committing mass suicide by leaping into the ocean were actually thrown off a cliff by the Disney filmmakers. The epic "lemming migration" was staged using careful editing, tight camera angles and a few dozen lemmings running on snow covered lazy-Susan style turntable.
https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?a ... cles_id=56

Ugly Dougly

Can you feel the animal cruelty tonight?

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:55 pm

lucky420

Re: Fell or pushed?

Post by lucky420 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:49 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:54 pm
Alaska Fish & Game wrote:Lemmings do not commit mass suicide. It's a myth, but it's remarkable how many people believe it. Ask a few.

"It's a complete urban legend," said state wildlife biologist Thomas McDonough. "I think it blew out of proportion based on a Disney documentary in the '50s, and that brought it to the mainstream."

Lemmings are a kind of short tailed vole, a mouse-like rodent that favors tundra and open grasslands. Three kinds are found in Alaska, including the collared lemming, the only rodent that turns white in winter.

In 1958 Walt Disney produced "White Wilderness," part of the studio's "True Life Adventure" series. "White Wilderness" featured a segment on lemmings, detailing their strange compulsion to commit mass suicide.

According to a 1983 investigation by Canadian Broadcasting Corporation producer Brian Vallee, the lemming scenes were faked. The lemmings supposedly committing mass suicide by leaping into the ocean were actually thrown off a cliff by the Disney filmmakers. The epic "lemming migration" was staged using careful editing, tight camera angles and a few dozen lemmings running on snow covered lazy-Susan style turntable.
https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?a ... cles_id=56
Jfc, I also knew Disney was some kinda fu but geebus
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Ugly Dougly

Re: my mind begins to hmmm?...

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:53 pm

It is fascinating that the Mandela (Nelson) entry in the Webster's 2004 New World College Dictionary, 4th edition, is between the Mandean (a Gnostic group) and Mandelbrot (various points used in the study of chaos to create fractals). After Nelson Mandela was released from prison, Donald J. Trump flew Nelson Mandela to Georgia, USA, where Nelson Mandela quickly became a Mason "on sight". There are a lot of esoteric and supernatural stories surrounding Nelson Mandela, especially the Mandela Effect. I was in high school in the early 1980s when I thought Nelson Mandela died in prison in South Africa. I got this 2004 dictionary in 2005 and use it a lot. On 8/30/2019, I noticed the Mandela entry and the two word entries it is between. Of course, I can't prove it but I think the actual entry is an ME. Regardless, I think it's interesting that Mandela is between Mandean (a Gnostic group) and Mandelbrot (points used in the study of chaos to generate fractals). Nelson Mandela was in prison 27 years. Trump's jet is mentioned in the 27th paragraph of the following linked AJC article about Nelson Mandela going to Atlanta.
https://www.ajc.com/news/national/atlan ... spTCaIaUO/
Also Nelson Mandela becoming a Freemason
https://masonologyblog.wordpress.com/20 ... apartheid/

Canoe

Re: Fell or pushed?

Post by Canoe » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:51 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:54 pm
Alaska Fish & Game wrote:...The epic "lemming migration" was staged using careful editing, tight camera angles and a few dozen lemmings running on snow covered lazy-Susan style turntable. ...
There's more to it than that. To get the footage of the lemmings "running off the cliff into the sea", they setup a spinning lazy-Susan style deck, such that the lemmings were spun off it over the edge of a tall river bank (note height in footage), so they could film from below as they "ran" off the cliff... Youtube used to have the footage of that set, complete with lemmings being tossed onto the spinning deck, flying off of it. Couldn't find it the last time I looked for it. Couldn't find it now. Thought I'd saved it, but can't find it...

https://youtu.be/xMZlr5Gf9yY?t=101
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Wilderness_(film) Says it was along the Bow River near downtown Calgary.

Surprisingly, within the past year I've read current articles quoting biologists that state that lemmings will run off a cliff...
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Miura-7
Burning Since: 2020

Post by Miura-7 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:24 am

"Simplicity is the hardest thing to design." A famous furniture maker once said that. I'm part of the Van Life community. We wear a badge on our heart with a deviant smile. We ring out life without spilling a drop on the ground. It's been my goal for a while to survive with the smallest footprint. Obviously I can't get smaller then a pair of 13's, unless I amputate my legs. That's not happening! I've been told to lighten up. With that said,I take a look at my truck, and say "You're right." So I bought a 150cc Scooter that's good for 70mph, and a shift pod. It may not do donuts in the parking lot,(maybe it will?) But it will be an incognito inspector gadget tool for almost extreme survival. How van lifers see survival on the playa? It would be a very cool place to park for ten days. Because yes, we would have air conditioning and heat. If I were to give a new burner advice. The first thing they should do to truly understand the Burning Man lifestyle. "Research Larry."

Ugly Dougly

Got your echo chanber right here bud

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:32 am

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:10 am

Something so counterproductive, and so useless. So many people are so proud of their hatred. Skin color, ethnicity, and wealth. I deal with this shit every day, and it only seems to get worse. These borders close in on descent people, and now we got a pandemic. God I can't wait to free myself from this bullshit!!! "Moving Out."

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:58 pm

Well I'm on the farm, feeding farm animals. Pigs, donkeys, alpacas, goats, sheep, rabbits, chickens, ducks, and quails. I've come real close to being caught in the crossfire of the bovine fireing line, but so far I've only been tagged a few times in the chicken coup. "Life is Good" My little woodchuck sister is an awesome person. So glad I moved to Vermont. Been living so long on the flatland, the roads here look a whole lot steeper, then I remembered.

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:34 pm

Cheers to you ^^^ glad you’re enjoying it
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Return to “Open Discussion”