Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:25 pm

Yes, the truth makes for a long boring headline. :D

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: What's my conspiracy?

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:18 pm

FF26C30C-47A3-4BE4-ACB2-A96726CD8E61.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:20 am

They really are deplorable ^^

And they wear it like a badge of honor...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:25 am

"Saturday’s [mask burning] rally in Boise was organized by Darr Moon, but it was most widely promoted by the People’s Rights Network, a far-right group that brings together various militias, conspiracy theorists and anti-government activists. The group claims to have tens of thousands of members and was founded by Ammon Bundy, who has participated in two high-profile armed standoffs with the federal government in the West.

The family-friendly atmosphere at the Boise rally — with laughing children doing much of the mask burning — points to another contagion that has been increasingly spreading among mainstream conservatives: the once-fringe anti-government views of activists like Bundy.

“We started People’s Rights about a year ago. Forty people met in a warehouse and now there’s 50,000 of us nationwide,” said Lee Joe, an area assistant with People’s Rights Idaho.

Devin Burghart, executive director at the Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights, said the People’s Rights Network is designed to operate in a less obvious way than Bundy’s previous armed standoffs.

“They operate in kind of an old-school network of using text messages and personal communications to build out this network. So if you’re not a part of it, you would almost never know what’s happening,” Burghart said.

The People’s Rights Network has chapters in many western states, including Oregon and Washington. Members of the group sign up and then report to an area leader.

Nick Ramlow, a member of the Montana chapter, described the group in a video posted online as an “Uber-like protective service.” Essentially, if one group calls for help, people from other parts of a state can show up to oppose the government.

“The purpose of People’s Rights is to look out for and defend your neighbor, period,” said Joe, the Boise member. “Whether it’s against a mob or police brutality or government overreach.”

People’s Rights groups have already used the threat of force to defy health policies during the pandemic, from armed guards at restaurants defying COVID-19 closures to protests at hospitals asking people to wear a mask.

“Ammon Bundy with People’s Rights has created a situation where we could have hundreds of little Malhuers for years going forward,” said Burghart, referring to the 2016 armed standoff at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon.

While only the most extreme anti-government activists may be willing to carry a rifle and take over a federal bird refuge, protests like the mask burning events in Idaho offer a more tempered entrance to far-right politics. They also exploit exhaustion some Northwest residents have with health protocols that have dramatically changed life for more than a year.

“Ultimately their goal is to try to carve out pockets in this country that are essentially lawless, where they get to control the situation through force of arms and through force of will, rather than using the democratic process to enact legislation or policies,” Burghart said."

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/03/08/ ... far-right/

https://www.irehr.org/reports/peoples-rights-report/
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

JayBobBoy
Burning Since: 2002

Post by JayBobBoy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:26 am

I can't even figure out to respond to this. I live here in Boise and get to see it daily. It's a tragedy!

A guy I know, who had attended that very event earlier in the day, decided it was a good idea to go to band practice that night with a bunch of people who had been careful to limit their circle of people. When he mentioned his participation, after 15 minutes indoors with the group (unmasked because...of course), he was asked to depart quickly.

There was some heated discussion. He couldn't believe that we were upset and thought we were the delusional ones. There are so many others like him!

Everyone, besides him, is getting tested today.

I've already lost my Mother and nearly my Father to this virus. FUCK HIM. Looking for a Bass player...preferably one willing to wear a mask for his neighbor!
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:24 pm

JayBobBoy wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:26 am
I can't even figure out to respond to this. I live here in Boise and get to see it daily. It's a tragedy!

A guy I know, who had attended that very event earlier in the day, decided it was a good idea to go to band practice that night with a bunch of people who had been careful to limit their circle of people. When he mentioned his participation, after 15 minutes indoors with the group (unmasked because...of course), he was asked to depart quickly.

There was some heated discussion. He couldn't believe that we were upset and thought we were the delusional ones. There are so many others like him!

Everyone, besides him, is getting tested today.

I've already lost my Mother and nearly my Father to this virus. FUCK HIM. Looking for a Bass player...preferably one willing to wear a mask for his neighbor!
Ugh so many maskholes
Keeping you in my thoughts for good results for you and the group.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:40 am

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:19 am

Officials of France, Germany, and Italy concocted this whole unsafe Oxford/Astrazeneca vaccine controversy (blood-clots, etc.), and the subsequent suspension of vaccine rollouts out of safety concerns, as cover for a lack of vaccines availability for distribution. It was just before all this that they were blocking exports of vaccines and components, and trying to sue to for underproduction.

Eventually (or even now) they'll resume, amid excuses like risks outweigh side-effects or that it was just bad data, and some subsequent study or paper will find the blood clots or whatever were preexisting conditions or some other minimally related issue.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Zona

Post by Zona » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:53 pm

Well, given the things I've seen, I bet the risks are a range of motion. As always, better comes with risk. People need to figure, and own it.
Now where the hell might I have gotten that?
Laika and me went on a ride.

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:24 pm

[Conspiracy Theorist] Sidney Powell Says ‘No Reasonable Person’ Would Believe Her Election Fraud Lies

Trump’s campaign lawyer baselessly claimed that Dominion Voting Systems machines were rigged to weigh Biden votes more heavily than Trump votes.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sidney-p ... bf58d0d2e4

Twitter is fierce on this one

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:55 pm

Fatal Disfunction: the internal politics of the Trump COVID response

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/2 ... vid-478111

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:05 am

Tonight, Governor Brian Kemp of Georgia signed a 95-page law designed to suppress the vote in the state where voters chose two Democratic senators in 2020, making it possible for Democrats to enact their agenda. Among other things, the new law strips power from the Republican secretary of state who stood up to Trump’s demand that he change the 2020 voting results. The law also makes it a crime to give water or food to people waiting in line to vote.

The Georgia law is eye-popping, but it is only one of more than 250 measures in 43 states designed to keep Republicans in power no matter what voters want.

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.c ... ch-25-2021
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:46 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:05 am
Tonight, Governor Brian Kemp of Georgia signed a 95-page law designed to suppress the vote in the state where voters chose two Democratic senators in 2020, making it possible for Democrats to enact their agenda. Among other things, the new law strips power from the Republican secretary of state who stood up to Trump’s demand that he change the 2020 voting results. The law also makes it a crime to give water or food to people waiting in line to vote.

The Georgia law is eye-popping, but it is only one of more than 250 measures in 43 states designed to keep Republicans in power no matter what voters want.

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.c ... ch-25-2021
I can’t imagine that this will stand up in court. If it does, it will only make people more determined to vote them out. And how could any decent person think this is cool and fair? Pretty sure I’d be breaking this water/food law right off the bat.

This is grosser than the movie munchkins wife made
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:20 am

38677228-B542-44CD-A0BB-FA2C3FEBE369.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:54 am

Gaetz, Greenberg, Stone. Future film noir on the dark side of Florida a'la Chinatown. Nicholson could play Gaetz.

https://twitter.com/JoelGreenbergTC/sta ... 5955480576

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:19 am

Three months after a mob of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol to try to overturn his November election loss, about half of Republicans believe the siege was largely a non-violent protest or was the handiwork of left-wing activists "trying to make Trump look bad," a new Reuters/Ipsos poll has found.

Six in 10 Republicans also believe the false claim put out by Trump that November's presidential election "was stolen" from him due to widespread voter fraud, and the same proportion of Republicans think he should run again in 2024, the March 30-31 poll showed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN2BS0RZ
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:22 pm

He can fuck right off this planet. I wish he’d get raptured soon.

Said it, not sorry :coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Miura-7
Burning Since: 2020

Post by Miura-7 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:11 pm

And for that, you get a lifetime supply of Reeses peanut butter cups.😁

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:33 pm

Miura-7 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:11 pm
And for that, you get a lifetime supply of Reeses peanut butter cups.😁
I am pleased
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:23 pm

"A mysterious Florida company is said to have taken control of a substantial portion of the internet owned by the Pentagon, only three minutes before President Donald Trump's official term in office ended.

Since then, the company has increased its control to about 175 million IP addresses, The Washington Post reported on Saturday."

https://www.businessinsider.com/florida ... ump-2021-4
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:30 am

On Twitter, lawyer and political writer Teri Kanefield did a deeper dive on the way lies serve the authoritarian government of fascism. Stories like that about meat, or about the inhabitants of the nation’s capital being afraid to go outside, or the idea that the January 6 insurrectionists were Biden supporters are not true, and those who tell them know it. But those lies illuminate what those who tell them see as a higher truth, doing so in a way that ordinary people can understand. People challenging the lie prove they do not accept the higher truth, and thus are enemies.

History suggests we’re in dangerous territory.

Last week, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed into law the “Combatting Public Disorder Act,” designed, as he said, to “stand for the rule of law and public safety.” Recalling the summer’s protests, he said, “We are holding those who incite violence in our communities accountable, supporting our law enforcement officers who risk their lives every day to keep us safe and protecting Floridians from the chaos of mob violence. We’re also putting an end to the bullying and intimidation tactics of the radical left by criminalizing doxing and requiring restitution for damaging memorials and monuments by rioters.”

The new law lowers a “riot” to three people and dramatically increases punishments for “rioting,” including the loss of the right to vote. It also makes local governments financially liable if they do not respond aggressively enough to “unlawful assembly,” and it protects people who happen to injure or kill a protester during a riot, including by driving a car into them.

But a study by The Guardian, released earlier this month, suggests that the summer’s mass arrests were an attempt to control crowds, silence protests, and turn observers against the protesters by portraying them as violent and lawbreaking. Law enforcement dropped, dismissed, or never filed the vast majority of citations and charges it issued to Black Lives Matter protesters.

Guardian reporter Tom Perkins looked at 12 different jurisdictions and found that in most of them, including in Minneapolis where Floyd was killed, at least 90% of the cases were dropped or dismissed. In Dallas and Philadelphia, 95% of the cases were dropped. In San Francisco, 100% of the cases related to peaceful protest were dismissed. In Detroit, most of the tickets were written by officers who were not themselves at the protests.

Tonight, FNC personality Carlson called for his audience to start direct action. He told them to confront people wearing masks, which he says are signs of “political obedience.” He maintained that 64% of white Americans who called themselves “liberal” or “very liberal” “have been diagnosed with an actual mental health condition.” He called them “aggressors” and told supporters, “it’s our job to brush them back and restore the society we were born in.” He said to call the police immediately if they see children wearing masks and keep calling until someone arrives: it is child abuse, he says, and his audience is “morally obligated to prevent it.”

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.c ... il-26-2021
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:51 am

Oh this is going to get real interesting and even more dangerous.

Can Carlson please get raptured? Today would be a good day for that.

And any place of business running fox news in their lobby, store, etc can suck it, I’ll leave :coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:59 am

And also wtf is tucker hiding right now? This mask insanity seems like a distraction ploy as well...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:18 pm

The Matt Gaetz - Marjorie Taylor Greene tour should be real strange, and good remix fodder.

My understanding of IP-gate is that it is a more subtle concern. The V4 Internet, which this involves, is a set of about 4 billion numbered end node addresses. The DOD has a lot because they created the Internet. All owners of the blocks of numbered addresses are announced to the Internet using BGP. The DOD outsourced administration of the BGP announcements to a private company rather than administering that themselves. The real work is to get route filters in place so people do not advertise addresses they don't own. It should not be hard given the small number of blocks the DOD owns. If the DOD wants to advertise honeypots, they can do it themselves.

It is more likely a simple case of outsourcing corruption.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat May 01, 2021 4:20 am

Certain websites, like Patriots dot win, formerly known as TheDonald dot win instruct how thick the cardstock needs to be and how some vaccination centers attach stickers on cards to indicate the date. Some websites have printed labels for dates.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... -people-to
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun May 02, 2021 5:31 am

"BuzzFeed News published an internal memo from Facebook employees on Tuesday, detailing the amount of data the company had about the spread of the “Stop the Steal” campaign prior to the events of January 6. Despite this mountain of evidence, the authors of the review, which Facebook conducted in light of its clear failings, claimed that they could not have known “whether what we were seeing was a coordinated effort to delegitimize the election.” But with the amount of warnings from misinformation researchers about this very thing, it’s hard to interpret this claim as anything but willful ignorance or dishonesty."

https://www.mediamatters.org/facebook/f ... e-election
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue May 04, 2021 4:14 am

Since the January 6 insurrection, Democrats have called the Republican adherence to the idea that Biden did not win the 2020 election “the Big Lie.” This term refers to a propaganda technique associated with Nazi politician Joseph Goebbels (although it did not actually originate with him). It refers to a lie told to garner power, a lie that is so big, so monstrous, and so outrageous that people believe it because they cannot imagine someone lying about something so important.

One of the hallmarks of the former president was his ability to turn any accusations against him into an attack on his opponents. True to form, this morning he set out to appropriate the term “the Big Lie” for his own. Rather than meaning his refusal to admit he lost the election, he wants to use the phrase to mean the opposite: that it refers to “The Fraudulent Presidential Election of 2020.”

Trump’s insistence that he was robbed of the 2020 election is pure fantasy, designed at least in part to enable him to continue to raise money (as I’ve written about before), and certainly designed to whip up supporters to believe the Democrats are illegitimate. It has been the driving force behind voter suppression efforts in a number of Republican-dominated states, efforts that, in Florida, were so extreme they had Republican operatives contemplating carving out exceptions for elderly and military voters to make sure those traditionally Republican constituencies will not be hit by the new rules.

The effort to stoke the Big Lie continues to the present day. The Republican-controlled Arizona senate has authorized a private company with deep ties to Trump and his Big Lie to perform yet another recount of the ballots cast in Maricopa County last year. The firm, Cyber Ninjas, has no experience doing such a recount and is running the process without bipartisan observation. The goal appears to be to “prove” that the 45,000 votes Biden won in the county in 2020 were fraudulent, bringing his win of the state into question to “prove” that Biden’s overall win was fraudulent. One of the people performing the recount is Anthony Kern, a former state representative who was part of the January 6 insurrection.

Today’s incarnation of the Big Lie, though, appears to be an attempt of the former president to solidify his power over the remnants of the Republican Party leadership. According to a recent CNN poll, 70% of Republicans do not believe that Biden actually won the election, but a few leading holdouts, including Representative Liz Cheney (R-WY), refuse to follow the party line. For her troubles, Cheney is facing a move to push her out of her position as the conference chair of the House Republicans, the third most powerful spot in the House for her party.

As he has consolidated power over the Republican Party after leaving office, the former president has been less and less tolerant of those Republicans who have called out his refusal to recognize the legitimacy of President Joe Biden’s election for what it is: a dangerous attack on our democracy. But Cheney is not giving in. After Trump’s announcement this morning, she tweeted: “The 2020 presidential election was not stolen. Anyone who claims it was is spreading THE BIG LIE, turning their back on the rule of law, and poisoning our democratic system.”

This fight is a proxy fight over whether Trump will win full control over the Republican Party. His loyalists have vowed to get rid of Cheney from her position in party leadership by the end of the month. An ally of House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) told Scott Wong and Mike Lillis of The Hill: “She’s a liability, and McCarthy’s as fed up as the rest of us that she is focused on the past rather than winning back the House.”

But Cheney appears to have some key backing, including that of former president George W. Bush, who has recently said that if the party stands for “White Anglo-Saxon Protestantism, then it’s not going to win anything.” Cheney is speaking out and standing firm. In a speech today at the annual retreat for the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank, in Georgia, she said: "We can't embrace the notion the election is stolen. It's a poison in the bloodstream of our democracy…. We can't whitewash what happened on January 6 or perpetuate Trump's big lie. It is a threat to democracy. What he did on January 6 is a line that cannot be crossed."

Heather Cox Richardson.

D03AA089-D1EA-4EF3-AE1D-20A18BBDFF38.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu May 06, 2021 4:18 pm

A new study estimates that the number of people who have died of COVID-19 in the U.S. is more than 900,000, a number 57% higher than official figures.

Worldwide, the study's authors say, the COVID-19 death count is nearing 7 million, more than double the reported number of 3.24 million.

The analysis comes from researchers at the University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, who looked at excess mortality from March 2020 through May 3, 2021, compared it with what would be expected in a typical nonpandemic year, then adjusted those figures to account for a handful of other pandemic-related factors.

The final count only estimates deaths "caused directly by the SARS-CoV-2 virus," according to the study's authors. SARS-CoV-2 is the virus that causes COVID-19.

Researchers estimated dramatic undercounts in countries such as India, Mexico and Russia, where they said the official death counts are some 400,000 too low in each country. In some countries — including Japan, Egypt and several Central Asian nations — the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation's death toll estimate is more than 10 times higher than reported totals.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... -19-in-u-s
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu May 13, 2021 5:05 am

Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye