what are you making?

All things outside of Burning Man.
^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Re: what are you making?

Post by ^Rhino! » Sun May 10, 2020 10:28 am

What am I making?

Ever since the friggin' coronavirus hit I've spent a LOT of time living totally alone, but I've manged to perfect my take on Chex mix. It's better for me than that stupid premade prebagged stuff you get at the so-called convenience stores. I'll share the recipe:

Rhino's Party Mix

You'll need:

2 cups corn Chex cereal
2 cups wheat Chex cereal
2 cups rice Chex cereal
3 cups Crispix cereal
1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
1/2 cup unsalted roasted almonds
1 cup Cheez-it cheese crackers
2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 stick (1/4 lb or 8 tbsp.) unsalted butter

Don't worry about brand names. I use Kroger's Rice Bitz and Corn Bitz instead of Chex, and they work just fine and are a buck and a half cheaper per box. Seasoning salt is your choice.....you can use Lawry's as a fallback, but any of the Bacon Salts will work, too. I omit the pretzel sticks since I can't find them unsalted, but if you must, add them after the mix is complete so you don't OD on salt. They're already crispy enough.

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F,

Mix together all of the cereals, the cheese crackers, peanuts and almonds in a big bowl. Set it aside.

Now in a second bowl, put in the butter. Melt it in the microwave about 1minute until liquid, Add the seasoning salt, the onion powder, the garlic powder and the Worcestershire sauce. Mix it up with a wire whisk. This is your seasoning mix.

Add the seasoning mix to the bowl of cereals, crackers, and nuts. Stir it up so as to cover everything lightly. Now, pour everything out onto large baking trays or dishes, covering them with a single layer of mix. Put your trays into the oven and bake the mix in for 1 hour and ten minutes.

When you're done, you can pour all of the baked mix into a large serving bowl. It tastes great warm or cold. This recipe makes enough for a party of up to sixteen people, or will feed a Rhino happily for three days.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

taha93
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: no

Re: what are you making?

Post by taha93 » Mon May 18, 2020 12:19 am

I was working on a vpn lately during this covid 19 just for practice.

Return to “Open Discussion”