Seeking statements about LNT and related topics from property owners where regional burns have happened

All things outside of Burning Man.
sparr
Burning Since: 2015

Seeking statements about LNT and related topics from property owners where regional burns have happened

Post by sparr » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:47 pm

I find myself needing to convince a conservation land trust that burners (in general, not a specific existing regional burn event) are not equivalent to the people ruining campsites in national parks. While LNT and playa restoration stories about BRC are easy to find, I'm looking for something less desert and more green, ideally forest land (Transformus, Firefly, Burn in the Forest, etc). If anyone has contacts with any such land owners who might be willing to write a friendly statement about our community in general, particularly regarding LNT and following land use guidelines, I would appreciate the lead.
If you want to make a reply about my personality instead of about what this thread is about, don't clutter this thread, post over here instead.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: Seeking statements about LNT and related topics from property owners where regional burns have happened

Post by some seeing eye » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:23 am

Each of the regionals is going to have people dedicated to landowner negotiations, traffic, and LNT.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

sparr
Burning Since: 2015

Re: Seeking statements about LNT and related topics from property owners where regional burns have happened

Post by sparr » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:10 pm

Yeah, I've been on some of those teams. I'm already reaching out to the land owners I have contact with.
If you want to make a reply about my personality instead of about what this thread is about, don't clutter this thread, post over here instead.

FlyingMonkey

Post by FlyingMonkey » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:03 am

Sparr,

You've been to Lakes of Fire. Don & Sue like Burners very much and we have what I would consider a long and very good relationship with them. They may be worth approaching.

I'd recommend contacting the leadership of Lakes of Fire before you approach the land owners though.

Having said that, https://www.luckylakecampground.com/contactus.php

They probably have a unique perspective since Electric Forest is the week after Lakes of Fire on an adjoining property. Talk about night & day comparisons.....

Just don't annoy them. Please for the love of Dog don't annoy them.
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

Return to “Open Discussion”