Find that Kiwi: Missing Burner/Paraglider Needs Help!

All things outside of Burning Man.
SpikyKitten
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Harmonic Convergence Camp

Find that Kiwi: Missing Burner/Paraglider Needs Help!

Post by SpikyKitten » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:02 am

Heya, Burn Family - this is a call for any aid you can offer a fellow local Burner. My brother, who is a bartender here in New Orleans - has a wonderful landlord and friend, James "Kiwi" Johnston (Oroc) who has gone missing while paragliding in Nevada, around Eureka, NV (about 4 hours east of Reno on Hwy 50).

I don't know if any of you know Kiwi, but he is a longtime member of the Burning Man community, and blogs about culture and has written three books on psychedelics. Originally from New Zealand, he lived in Jackson Hole (Wyoming) and more recently here in New Orleans, in between flying adventures.

I know there's so much going on this year with the pandemic, resulting economic challenges and now down here in Louisiana with Hurricane Laura - but any small help you can share is greatly appreciated, as the local Nevada LEOs have called off the official search and rescue/recovery operation, and it's only Kiwi's family and friends who are continuing to try and find him. Thanks.

Stay safe and well - I'm thinking of, and missing, you all during this virtual Burn week.

Please follow the below link in your browser to reach the Go Fund Me page for more information:
https://gf.me/u/ytq9ah

Return to “Open Discussion”