frat boy go home

All things outside of Burning Man.
jupiter9

frat boy go home

Post by jupiter9 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:31 am

so i wondering if anyone could get a bulk deal on tshirts. my idea is to have 1,000 people wearing a shirt that says frat boy go home for critical tits '06.

Cosworth Magellan

Post by Cosworth Magellan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:35 am

I don't know about t-shirts, but I'm sure you could easily find enough volunteers to paint "Frat boy go home" on 1000 pairs of tits.

Simply Joel

Post by Simply Joel » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:34 am

a stencil and spray on non-toxic washable paint would be more cost effective.

Rob the Wop

Post by Rob the Wop » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:22 am

why don't you guys like me?
[b]The other, other white meat.[/b]

Rabbi Dali Rick

Oh Yeah! You should said that before I broke it...

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:26 am

cause you keep forgetting to shave...

rebbily,
me

Simply Joel

Post by Simply Joel » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:30 am

and your breath...

Chai Guy

Post by Chai Guy » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:03 pm

I'd enjoyed RebA!'s response to this issue:
http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic. ... 34&start=0

HughMungus

Re: frat boy go home

Post by HughMungus » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:36 pm

jupiter9 wrote:so i wondering if anyone could get a bulk deal on tshirts. my idea is to have 1,000 people wearing a shirt that says frat boy go home for critical tits '06.
Yes, because we need more negative energy. A lot of "real burners" go to CT despite its description as an event for women. Maybe you should talk to them first.
It's what you make it.

Rob the Wop

Re: frat boy go home

Post by Rob the Wop » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:44 pm

DallasPlaya wrote:
jupiter9 wrote:so i wondering if anyone could get a bulk deal on tshirts. my idea is to have 1,000 people wearing a shirt that says frat boy go home for critical tits '06.
Yes, because we need more negative energy. A lot of "real burners" go to CT despite its description as an event for women. Maybe you should talk to them first.
...but first, show us your tits.
[b]The other, other white meat.[/b]

Zulegoona

Post by Zulegoona » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:00 pm

Everybody goes to Burning Man for different reasons and they come away from it with different experiences many of them way different than they might have expected. Even Yahoos and Frat Boys, old letches, and e-glazed ravers, can grow from there exposure to well, US, and Burning Man . Just seeing other men not being assholes and idiots as a unclothed beauty walks by can be a life changing experience for some people. If you like who we are if you would like to see the default world a little more like Burning Man there is no other way to spread the seed other than have people experience it for them selves. That’s what Radical Inclusion is about .

joel the ornery
Burning Since: 1998
Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares

Post by joel the ornery » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:11 am

maybe all the men should dress like Willie Nelson and Julio Iglesias and sing "To All The Girls I've Loved Before"?

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:47 am

joel the ornery wrote:maybe all the men should dress like Willie Nelson and Julio Iglesias and sing "To All The Girls I've Loved Before"?
For the love of dog don't suggest anything with Julio Iglesias. Willie I like. But Julio? My stomach's getting queasy just thinking about it.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

Simply Joel

Post by Simply Joel » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:18 am

i was thinking about the suit and the hair.... all assorted freaks in business suits. that was the image i was going for... and all singing that wretched song drunkenly during the entire parade.

jupiter9

inclusion

Post by jupiter9 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:38 am

[quote="Zulegoona"]Everybody goes to Burning Man for different reasons and they come away from it with different experiences many of them way different than they might have expected. Even Yahoos and Frat Boys, old letches, and e-glazed ravers, can grow from there exposure to well, US, and Burning Man . Just seeing other men not being assholes and idiots as a unclothed beauty walks by can be a life changing experience for some people. If you like who we are if you would like to see the default world a little more like Burning Man there is no other way to spread the seed other than have people experience it for them selves. That’s what Radical Inclusion is about .[/quote] i'm all for inclusion. as long as frat boys aren't involved.

we0ne

Post by we0ne » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:52 am

Having only been to BM once, my immediate feedback to the org was to ban cameras and video completely. As well, close the gates after Thursday morning (unless you have a pre arranged art intsallation you are a part of). These 2 things combined might reduce the "girls gone wild" and weekend warrior crowd who appeared to be glued to their cameras and participated in nothing but filling the port a potties.

Cosworth Magellan

Post by Cosworth Magellan » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:00 pm

my immediate feedback to the org was to ban cameras and video completely

Are you volunteering to enforce this ban?

As well, close the gates after Thursday morning (unless you have a pre arranged art intsallation you are a part of)

Thursday seems kind of arbitrary. Why not close them on monday?

These 2 things combined might reduce the "girls gone wild" and weekend warrior crowd who appeared to be glued to their cameras and participated in nothing but filling the port a potties.

Look, perverts are going to be perverts, camera or no. They're not going to stop showing up because you change the rules. Plus, I like taking my own pictures. Doubleplus, I'm tired of things being banned.

Shit, I seem to have wandered out of the complaints thread.

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:04 pm

I am a male who was there to see the tits.

I was there with my camera at the request of my wonderfully endowed woman with colorfully painted boobies.(that I painted quite nicely I might add)
I took a few shots of her(coming and going), then I gave the camera a rest, and showed my support along with the scores of other well-wishers.
We were waving, yelling, and thanking the lovely women as they passed.
I saw a couple of guys that were offering"mist". The ladies were "voluntarily" driving into the mist, the ones that didn`t want mist didn`t seem to have trouble avoiding it...some offered fruit and water to passers-by....it was a really nice crowd where I was at...about 4:30&Esplanade. I saw a few people with cameras, but nothing really lecherous going on,....and most of the participating women
were all smiles and seemed to be loving it....

....but then , every once in a while some snarling female would ride by with hate filled eyes and yell "Fucking Spectators...FUCK YOU!!!....." and so on ....
After a half dozen or so sorties of that...I felt like yelling back..."Hey! I`m not here to see your nasty titties...get fucked!"

I think that some of this,...maybe not all, but a good bit of this "Perverted Spectatorship" is being "projected" on to the attendees of this joyous celebration of ecclectic titties by some of the not so joyous participants...

.... It is a huge, dusty, bouncy, nipply STORM of magnificent breasts!!!
....We aren`t supposed to watch this????

I think maybe we as a culture, while attesting to the more unashamed virtues of a modern informed society, still have a generous dose of Victorian anxiety to work through....

ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Post by ZaphodBurner » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:25 pm

EvilDustBooger wrote:
I saw a couple of guys that were offering"mist". The ladies were "voluntarily" driving into the mist, the ones that didn`t want mist didn`t seem to have trouble avoiding it...
Last night I was reviewing another Burner's digital video of his wife riding by (she burned me the CD herself) and heard a woman say, verbatim: "C'mon, guys, let's hear it for BOOBIES!" (She was a spectator on the sideline, with a camera.)

What needs to happen is that the participants of Critical Tits need to agree on why there there, what they're doing there, what their position is going to be with regard to photography, or STFU. Plain and simple.

You ladies figure your shit out and get back to us. In the meantime, you're participating in the spectacle, cameras are allowed and REQUESTED by participants of the ride, and they are a fact of life.

If you don't want people following their instinctual attraction to the female form, don't bare yourself and parade your shit around in front of all of us.

Furthermore, as a person who kept his bits covered the entire event, I didn't ask to see your junk anymore than you asked to see Bubba-the-naked-tourist's junk. You just chose to flop 'em out and give me the finger as you rode past while I was obliging the six girls I painted, including my wife, in their request to film them as they passed. Believe it or not, I had better stuff to do. Couldn't get to it in time because there was a certain parade in the way.

If you want respect, lay off the contrary double standards or keep your goddam clothes on.

Oh, yeah. At the gate they say "Welcome home," so saying "Frat boy go home" suggests that he should return to Black Rock City. I'm just sayin...

-c
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:19 pm

Hmmm...

Here's the way I see it. From someone with a set of DD's that I occasionally show off...

You go out there in the CT parade, expect to get looked at. And prolly photoed. Since you know frat jackasses are there with cameras, expect them to take pix of your naked boobs. WHAT??!!?? I'm out here with my breasts hanging out, how dare ANYONE look at them, even tho I'm out here on the public street showing them off. Why ared you there? Too express your topless "freedom"? Cool. Ergo the freedom for people to take your pix. Oops, I can have my freedom to do what I want, but YOU can't.

Stupid.

Smeone asked "why the fuck are you out there?", and while maybe it's not to get photoed by a fratass, it's a valid question, 'cuz you KNOW they're there! IF you're not into showing off your boobs, and that's quite OK, DON'T BARE YOUR CHEST IN CRITICAL TITS!!! If you do, you know there's gonna be cameras there. Expect it. Be one with reality.

Now... the real question is - what's the big deal??? They're just boobs. NO SHIT. 50% of the poulation have (or will have) them. It's not like they're some new snack from Nabisco (Cheeze Tits) or something nasty, like an unpumped jots. They're boobs. Babies eat there. People look at them. Have for millenia. SO F***ING WHAT???

Sometimes the whole absurd rtepressed sexuality victorian american thing makes me violently ill... Like everyone is a pre-pubescent kid or somethng getting thrills from looking at something nasty. What's so nasty about someone's body??? Or about sex in general (DON'T get me started)

Tell me, please!

/rant...
bb

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:41 pm

Please don't generalize. How many of you enjoyed the meet & greet, hmmm? I didn't hear anyone raggin' on poor Doc Pyro for being a frat boy once upon a time.

I hear what you're sayin', but let's be careful out there, n'kay?

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:45 pm

disclosure: I have never done ct.

There are so few places and times where women can strip to the waist and just be women stripped to the waist w/o the heavy cultural baggage. While it's realistic that men are going to think it's for thier benefit and go overboard in thier enthusiasm it's not their event.

Someone find Badger's post about that friend of his post-break up who experience healing (to put it in cheezee drphil terms) from the ride.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

montana wildhack

Post by montana wildhack » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:46 pm

as the owner of the fantasically painted by EDB titties....I loved participating in Critical Tits! I love being a woman, I love having fun with my boobies, and I really loved a)that my wonderful eViLLe man was out there whoopin it up for me and my girls AND documenting, and b) that everywhere i looked as i rode by i saw smiles and heard cheers for all of us. I felt like it was a great experience, and one that I definitely want to repeat. I don't give a flying fuck at the mooooooooooon (that was for you Kurt Vonnegut!) if there is the odd 'spectator' in the humongous crowd. I love my womanliness and I loved being out there in the sunshine feeling free....look at me!!!!!! I treasure the photographs that EDB took of me that afternoon.

montana wildhack

Post by montana wildhack » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:50 pm

p.s. and i am in no way saying that anyone who doesn't participate doesn't love being a woman or any wacky thing like that....it is a highly individual call.
it's just that for me and where i am right now....it felt great.

Lassen Forge

Post by Lassen Forge » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:04 pm

Thank you Wildhack... couldn't have said it better myself...

As it was I had to work during CT this year (S**T!!) which was kinda dumb for me as I just got my "top end rebuild" last winter (Talk about bad scheduling on my part?? Oops!!!) tho were I not I would have been there.

I have no prob with someone who chooses either (1) not to participate in it, or (2) participates but not topless. Hey, it's all part of the freedom of choice. NOTHING wrong with that!!! It's about freedom - We don't get that freedom normally (ergo my victorian repression rant) so having a choice - a real choice - is great. But that comes with knowing there's gonna be people taking my picture. Big deal? Naw. I like my body. I'm comfortable in my skin. And I don't mind others looking at me. Were I worried about that... well... let's just say it's a non-issue and been one for years now.

Thinking about it... there's prolly a few pix out there of me in less than just topless from this year. >>grins<< Now, if I could onlly lose this 40 lbs... >>giggles<<

bb

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:52 pm

Sensei, buddy, c'mon, you're going to get me busted! Yeah, me and Frank the vintner from BDC&WB were members of Zeta Beta Tau (ZBT) at UCSB back, uh, in the day. And though several members of this thread could feel otherwise (hi Suze) we are, for the most part, gentlemen. We do not demean, scream SHOW US YOUR TITS, force ourselves upon anyone, nor do we tolerate those who do. We are tolerant, caring men (read: individuals) and have no more use for the steriotypical "frat boyz" than any other caring member of our community. And I have expressed my distain in the past for the phrasiology of "frat boyz", but I'm not sure that any other term conveys the attitude any better for the general burner public. I have always liked "yahoo" but that hardly is descriptive enough. Hell, when I think about it, probably seven or eight members of BDC&WB are members of a fraternity (E Clampus Vitus, the Masons, you name it) and we are held in comparitively high esteem within the Burner community. Well, time to go drink some more beer, put on my wife beater, and throw rocks at my rotweiller.

Lassen Forge

Post by Lassen Forge » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:28 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:... And though several members of this thread could feel otherwise (hi Suze) we are, for the most part, gentlemen....
I would never insinuate you were not a gentelman, Doc... tho mentioning Clampers and Masons in the same leauge as Barbie-cuers... Hmmm...
(If you mention OES, tho... >>grins & winces<<)

NOW... now... now we know the truth behind it! AHA!! >>giggles<< Frat Boys, er, Yahoos... and Clampers... and Masons... Oh My!

antron

Post by antron » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:52 pm

doc pyro? you've become a gentleman?

oh no!!!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:31 am

antron wrote:doc pyro? you've become a gentleman?

oh no!!!
It's a simple operation open to all with the cash to pay.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

HughMungus

Post by HughMungus » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:04 pm

EvilDustBooger wrote:.... It is a huge, dusty, bouncy, nipply STORM of magnificent breasts!!!
Actually, no, you're not. It's not there for you. It's there for the participants. Doesn't anyone read the event guide?
It's what you make it.

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:42 pm

DallasPlaya wrote:
EvilDustBooger wrote:.... It is a huge, dusty, bouncy, nipply STORM of magnificent breasts!!!
Actually, no, you're not. It's not there for you. It's there for the participants. Doesn't anyone read the event guide?
So - thousands of woman have their tits painted (most of them by men) and ride a mile or so in a parade with not one spectator. Gosh that sounds like fun for them. Where's the statement. What's the point. The ability to ignore a complete fucktard would be a great empowerment.

I watched the parade not by choice but because I couldn't get back to my camp because all access was blocked. I wasn't too impressed by any of the watchers or the participants but they weren't there for me and I wasn't there for them.

Return to “Open Discussion”