frat boy go home

All things outside of Burning Man.
EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:47 pm

DallasPlaya wrote:
EvilDustBooger wrote:.... It is a huge, dusty, bouncy, nipply STORM of magnificent breasts!!!
....We aren`t supposed to watch this????
Actually, no, you're not. It's not there for you. It's there for the participants. Doesn't anyone read the event guide?
Well, actually,... my understanding is CT was fashioned after the "Critical Mass" protests in SF, where people ,on bicycles ,clog traffic in financial districts...etc...to gain ATTENTION to their noble causes.
While indeed
CT is supposed to honor women, and the after-party IS exclusively for women....with a few select "enlightened" male sponsors, it is ludicrous
to suggest that men should not take part in the "parade"....
These wonderful ladies are not just some little clique having their own little titty-party...This is CRITICAL TITS! Let`s give them the "honor" they deserve...
....if all the men have been "sent to their rooms"for the event...who will be there to honor our women?....other women?
Get Real. Be Inclusive.
And stop being so shitty about titty.

HughMungus

Post by HughMungus » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:50 pm

Cabanasprings wrote:
DallasPlaya wrote:
EvilDustBooger wrote:.... It is a huge, dusty, bouncy, nipply STORM of magnificent breasts!!!
....We aren`t supposed to watch this????
Actually, no, you're not. It's not there for you. It's there for the participants. Doesn't anyone read the event guide?
So - thousands of woman have their tits painted (most of them by men) and ride a mile or so in a parade with not one spectator. Gosh that sounds like fun for them. Where's the statement. What's the point. The ability to ignore a complete fucktard would be a great empowerment.
The point is that the event is for THE PARTICIPANTS. What part of that do people not understand? If I play a pickup game of basketball with my friends, we can have a great time without any spectators.
It's what you make it.

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:55 pm

DallasPlaya wrote: The point is that the event is for THE PARTICIPANTS.
Yeah. I don`t think you are fully getting this part yet.

HughMungus

Post by HughMungus » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:58 pm

EvilDustBooger wrote:
DallasPlaya wrote: The point is that the event is for THE PARTICIPANTS.
Yeah. I don`t think you are fully getting this part yet.
How so?
It's what you make it.

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:03 pm

It`s all about the Participation.

If we weren`t participating...

...We wouldn`t be Participants.

ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Post by ZaphodBurner » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:04 pm

Cabanasprings wrote:
So - thousands of woman have their tits painted (most of them by men) and ride a mile or so in a parade with not one spectator.
That's the idea.
Gosh that sounds like fun for them. ...
I watched the parade not by choice but because I couldn't get back to my camp because all access was blocked.
Reminds me of the God-freaks protesting on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. They probably can't get back to their hotel rooms because of the crowd of people on Bourbon Street, so they'll just stand there on the corner and HATE being forced to watch those girls flashing their tits all night.

CT great fun for me, too. I spent Friday morning early morning painting breasts, which is to say, participating. (That must make me a whore.) ((Hmmm...maybe that's why I spent most of the actual ride at Whiskey and Whores.))

Unless you're confused or they're riding in circles around you, though, it's trivially easy to get back to your camp. Here's a clue: aim for the direction where the tits aren't.

-c
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:09 pm

Cabanasprings wrote:
I watched the parade not by choice but because I couldn't get back to my camp because all access was blocked.
Confession:

I watched by choice.

And I LOVED every little jiggle.

So Flame On !!!

HughMungus

Post by HughMungus » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:18 pm

EvilDustBooger wrote:It`s all about the Participation.

Read Who-What-Where sometime.
It's what you make it.

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:19 pm

ZaphodBurner wrote:
Believe it or not, I had better stuff to do. Couldn't get to it in time because there was a certain parade in the way.
ZaphodBurner wrote: Unless you're confused or they're riding in circles around you, though, it's trivially easy to get back to your camp. Here's a clue: aim for the direction where the tits aren't
Thanks

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:23 pm

DallasPlaya wrote:

Got a copy?

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:24 pm

EvilDustBooger wrote:
Cabanasprings wrote:
Confession:

I watched by choice.

So Flame On !!!
Please don't confuse me with someone that begrudges you your right to participate. I was merely relating my experience.

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:29 pm

Cabanasprings wrote:
EvilDustBooger wrote:
Cabanasprings wrote:
Confession:

I watched by choice.

So Flame On !!!
Please don't confuse me with someone that begrudges you your right to participate. I was merely relating my experience.
Thanks, I know you weren`t.
But others on this thread are being so proprietary with other people`s breasts...
...That I was sure they would be "inflamed" that I actually enjoyed those
most precious and elusive titties...
heh heh

Fat SAM

Post by Fat SAM » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:48 pm

I think that for a lot of women, CT is probably just something fun to do. Seems like it's also something fun to watch for other people. The notion that noone will be watching is FUCKING NONSENSE. It's a parade. If it were, say, the Reflective Breast Contemplation Meditation Hour at ______ Camp. There will likely be WAY fewer spectators.

Also...you think that maybe some people are getting a little too mili-tit about the whole thing? It's kind of egotitical to think that everyone watching is there looking at your boobs. Maybe that frat boy is waiting patiently for his girlfriend. Maybe the guy offering to squirt mustard on passing paraders has a mustard/condiment fetish rather than a tit fetish.

If you don't want people to look at/see your breasts, perhaps you shouldn't participate in a parade named after them.

It's easy to have hangups about having hangups and about getting other people over them. At least at BM, everybody has a right to be nude. That much is certain. If you plan on being nude in public, though, others have the right to look. Staring is bad form, sure, but looking is natural.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:59 pm

uh oh.......I just goofed!
never mind this comment
oops! thread drift!.......

--------(.)(.)........

Ok. Back to the boobies!

Nightterror

Post by Nightterror » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:11 pm

On the topic of "Frat boy go Home"

My wife and I were meandering on our bikes friday mid- afternoon when coming towards us were three young men all wearing bluejean shorts (Jorts) t-shirts and backward baseball caps. They appeared to be intoxicated. I will mention neither my wife nor myself were clothed above the waist. These three fine young men were all looking (staring) at my wife. It was a bit rude but I didn't mind. I am a proud husband. In one split second it all turned ugly. Gentleman number three decided that he was entitled to touch my wife's breast - all whilst we were still riding towards each other. I was not close enough to intercede (will be next time) so she quickly swerved out of his way. He then politely called her a "fucking bitch." I stopped and requested a private meeting with this asswipe but they just kept riding. At this point I felt it prudent to accompany my lovely wife back to camp. It really, really pissed me off. First time in three years anything close to that has happened. We will definitely be more cautious in the future.
I express my excitement by brutally interrogating whomever is nearby

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:32 pm

Nightterror wrote: He then politely called her a "fucking bitch."
I`ve noticed that folks like this tend to require more dental
work than say your average polite person.

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:44 pm

EvilDustBooger wrote:I`ve noticed that folks like this tend to require more dentalwork than say your average polite person.

Hey now...

leave the Brits out of it.

montana wildhack

Post by montana wildhack » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:05 pm

here's my final word(s)on titties!

-i got some bodacious titties:D
-i only show 'em to my wonderful eViLLe :D
-but, i got on my bike for the parade and went tits out with lots of fun girls. because ct is an amazing opportunity:D
-i had the time of my life:D
-i'm glad that my man and most hetero men love titties:D
-i would have felt like a dork if no one had been watching and cheering and thanking and misting and smiling and clapping:D
-i think that we all participated :D
-fun with titties is so much better than arguing about titties :D
-those 3 guys were assholios...i am so sorry that that happened to you all.

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:54 pm

montana wildhack wrote: -fun with titties is so much better than arguing about titties :D
I feel absolutely empowered by your bodacious back-up Montana!!!
Thank You for pointing out that we ALL were participants...regardless of the narrow view of the few...

It`s like the Thanksgiving Day Parade !
...you don`t have to ride in it to be a part of it!!!

That way, everybody gets to play!

And those sweet melons of yours Montana baby...
...Heaven sent.

HughMungus

Post by HughMungus » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:08 am

EvilDustBooger wrote:
DallasPlaya wrote:

Got a copy?
Let me know when you want to discuss this like an adult.
It's what you make it.

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:43 am

DallasPlaya wrote: Let me know when you want to discuss this like an adult.
In strictly adult terms:
You can exclude yourself from Critical Tits Rally if you wish.

You may have read that men can`t ride in the event or can`t attend the
after-party, and heard the various "Yahoo" complaints.
But nowhere have you read that men must fuck off and go away
I have grown weary of trying to reason with your particular mindset(trying to be nice here)

You will play hell changing my views about this subject.
So let`s just leave it there. OK?

I don`t think I can make myself any clearer.
And you aren`t offering anything new.

HughMungus

Post by HughMungus » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:10 pm

EvilDustBooger wrote:
DallasPlaya wrote: Let me know when you want to discuss this like an adult.
In strictly adult terms:
You can exclude yourself from Critical Tits Rally if you wish.

You may have read that men can`t ride in the event or can`t attend the
after-party, and heard the various "Yahoo" complaints.
But nowhere have you read that men must fuck off and go away
I have grown weary of trying to reason with your particular mindset(trying to be nice here)

You will play hell changing my views about this subject.
So let`s just leave it there. OK?

I don`t think I can make myself any clearer.
And you aren`t offering anything new.
Do you have a copy of who-what-where? What does it say about CT? Does it say that it's for women?

See, the problem is a common problem for public events: a few dumbshits ruin it for everyone else. Men are not neceassary to CT, so, if none of us are there to "particpate" (as you call it) and it elimiates the yahoos, fine. I'm willing to give up my "partipation" so that they can have their event the way the real participants want it. Anything else, to me, is just selfishness.

But as you've said, I can't change YOUR mind. Maybe someone whose mind isn't set in stone will understand what I'm talking about.
It's what you make it.

montana wildhack

Post by montana wildhack » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:29 am

oh, dallas playa. i apologize in advance, because i know that i already posted my final words about this subject. and one of my very worst habits is that i absolutely love to have to last word. so please forgive my okie back-sliding ways....
in my opinion this whole discussion is academic. in an event of the magnitude of burning man, there is no real way of eliminating the attendance of men. there are too many. if you had ever had any experience in events planning at all, you would have seen this as obvious. so, the argument you pose is academic and the point is moot.
and i have been guilty of it many times, so i really recognize this kind of black or white, all or nothing thinking. but in the case of critical tits ( or in any event that involves real people in the real world, not just in a fiery discussion on a message board), don't you think that there are many, many gray areas to consider? i genuinely, as a person, don't think that the event should be radically changed or completely canned just because of 'a few bad apples'. i wouldn't want to exclude all the wonderful, respectful, women-loving men that i observed (from my bicycle) at the event, just because of a few jerks.
if you follow your line of reasoning to its end, you just have nothing. why have a democracy, when it is constantly being up-ended and 'ruined' by a few bad apples? why bother to interact with others at work,social events, church, etc when you are always running into a-holes? best to just stay at home and never show any kind of mettle or individualized thinking. if if felt that way, i would never live life....never do anything. sometimes, you have to change your attitude, because the larger issues of life are never going to change. so instead of constantly butting your head, you adapt. (hmmmm...adaptation...i think that i do that at burning man...)
and as a women, i love that there are men in attendance as well as women. if i wanted to go somewhere where only women were in attendance (for fear that someone may tread on my dainty little toes), then i would be heading on up to the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival, where only women are allowed to attend. and you know what....even they are arguing, because some of the women don't want transsexuals, even post-operative transsexuals to be able to attend. i guess that everybody has to get up in arms about something.
so men may not be 'necessary' to critical tits, but i do believe that they are integral to the spirit of the event. and arguing that they shouldn't be in attendance is interesting (or would that be divisive?) on the message board, but is really a non-issue in real life.
and as an aside, you will never ever meet a man who is more respectful of
women than EDB. I have been around a few 'bad apples' myself (hmmmm, some in Dallas), so i know the difference. EDB would never, ever want me or any other woman to participate in anything where i would be hurt... physically, mentally or spiritually. he is one of the good guys....hell, he is the good man, and i wake up every morning with thanks on my lips and a smile on my face that he is in my life. when i watch how he lives his life on a daily basis, i am proud and impressed and inspired.

thank you for listening....i'm all finished.

(and i must give myself kudos here for not trying to pull rank on this discussion because i actually possess the requisite boobage.)

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:41 am

DallasPlaya wrote:It`s what you make it.
I agree.

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:31 am

DallasPlaya wrote: I'm willing to give up my "partipation" so that they can have their event the way the real participants want it. Anything else, to me, is just selfishness.
Dallas, Dallas, Dallas - By your definition a "real participant" is a woman who does not want men to watch them ride. So you are saying that the women on this thread that like men to watch and cheer for them during the CT parade are not "real participants."

That's bold man.

Sorry Montana you are not a "real participant." Please adjust your experience accordingly.

HughMungus

Post by HughMungus » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:12 am

Cabanasprings wrote:By your definition a "real participant" is a woman who does not want men to watch them ride. So you are saying that the women on this thread that like men to watch and cheer for them during the CT parade are not "real participants."
No, I never said that. I give up. Keep going to CT, everybody -- frat boys and "real burners" alike. I guess the Who-What-Where is wrong.
It's what you make it.

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:34 am

DallasPlaya wrote: I guess the Who-What-Where is wrong.
Who What Where is fine.
Your dogmatic interpretation of it... is wrong.

But thanks for pooping on my post.

It led to some solid, clearly explained and expressed opinions
that I believe supported my point.

robotland

Post by robotland » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:56 am

Years ago, I was walking through downtown Ann Arbor, Michigan with my girlfriend-of-the-time when we came upon a big rally....A Take Back The Night rally. We thought that the whole concept was fantastic, and cheered loudly at appropriate times and when it came time for the march we enthusiastically joined in.....
...I didn't realize, and it wan't announced, that MEN WEREN'T WANTED ON THE MARCH. There were LOTS of men in the march, but supposedly that they were GAY men made it all right while we heteros were THE ENEMY. At the conclusion of the march we reconvened at the starting point for speeches and songs, and at one point a woman stood up and announced that she felt as though she had been RAPED because MEN went on the march. And pointed right at me. I've considered sending this premise to Larry David, since it seems like such a "Curb Your Enthusiasm" type of situation.
Howdy From Kalamazoo

HughMungus

Post by HughMungus » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:09 am

EvilDustBooger wrote:
DallasPlaya wrote: I guess the Who-What-Where is wrong.
Who What Where is fine.
Your dogmatic interpretation of it... is wrong.

But thanks for pooping on my post.

It led to some solid, clearly explained and expressed opinions
that I believe supported my point.
Yes, your opinion that ".... It is a huge, dusty, bouncy, nipply STORM of magnificent breasts!!! "

You have no idea what CT is about.
It's what you make it.

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:50 am

DallasPlaya wrote:You have no idea what CT is about.
Jack Nicholson said in "A Few Good Men":
"You have no idea how to defend the nation"

Makes the same amount of sense.....none.

Return to “Open Discussion”