What are YOU gonnna do while everyone is on the playa?

All things outside of Burning Man.
Monkeypoo
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Bahama Mamas!

Post by Monkeypoo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:56 pm

OK. I'll go first. I'm living in North Carolina now. I'm going to go to Horseshoe/Mills River, NC (right outside of Asheville). It's near where we have our southeastern regional Transformus every year. I'm going to spend 4 fun, relaxing days and nights with my hunk of a man out in the woods of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We might go boating, we might go camping, we might just stay at his house and make love all weekend. Hell yeah. And on Burn Night we will party our asses off, burn an effigy, and go make love some more under the stars. Sounds like a plan.

BigCock

Post by BigCock » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:19 pm

I WAS going to host an anniversary party for myself and my wife and get shitfaced with 30 close friends, but now maybe I'll just think about you wood nymphs forkin like rabbis in the bushes. Don't get poison ivy!

Monkeypoo
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Bahama Mamas!

Post by Monkeypoo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:23 pm

Well, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Big Cock!!!! I hope its a very happy one. :)

BigCock

Post by BigCock » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:40 pm

Thanks.
Have a lot of nice nookie!
btw, my best friend lives in Arden. It's so gorgeous there. And no pesky burners around to bother you!

Bin Noddin

Post by Bin Noddin » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:59 pm

BigCock wrote:I WAS going to host an anniversary party for myself and my wife and get shitfaced with 30 close friends, but now maybe I'll just think about you wood nymphs forkin like rabbis in the bushes. Don't get poison ivy!
You just made my evening, BC.
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Post by goathead » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:58 pm

Got on the playa about 9:30 am, sunny, really nice. Playa surface is small hard chips right now, really tough on tender feet. Nice light breeze, just enough to keep the day really comfortable, but no whiteouts. I was amazed at how big the city already is, it is only Monday how did all these people get in so soon? Helped set a few thing up in our camp, visited a few old friends, served a little home brew. Read todays edition of Piss Clear.
Got in my truck and left at 4 pm, got to work at 5 told my co-worker to wake me at 7, washed up a bit and here I sit at work. God this sucks, GRRRR...
Tuesday I need to sleep some, two more shifts, and will get back out to the playa Wenesday morning.

:evil:

BigCock

Post by BigCock » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:55 am

Bin Noddin wrote:
BigCock wrote:I WAS going to host an anniversary party for myself and my wife and get shitfaced with 30 close friends, but now maybe I'll just think about you wood nymphs forkin like rabbis in the bushes. Don't get poison ivy!
You just made my evening, BC.
Well she did say it was going to be Saturday night, and you know how it goes: the sun is setting, the havdalah candle is lit, incense burning, wine poured, candle thrust into the wine ... very erotic.

Magikal

Post by Magikal » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:27 pm

*sigh* What am I doing? Nuthin'. *double sigh* :( Going to work, paying off the debt hole I'm in, trying not to think about the playa. The Gerlach webcam has a whiff of playa dust in the background, that'll have to do me this year, unless the on-site webcams are available somewhere...

*triple sigh* Poverty sux...
"All the great villainies of history have been perpetrated by sober men, and chiefly by teetotalers"

H.L.Mencken

doberman

Post by doberman » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:57 am

[quote="Magikal"]*triple sigh* Poverty sux...[/quote]

it does my friend..

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:56 am

Get even. Start some rumors. :)

elgin

Post by elgin » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:29 pm

I'm painting their kitchen psykadeelic, they'll think they are on the playa when they get back. Also the plants are glad someone stuck around to talk to them. think good thoughts. love to all.

gladeye

Post by gladeye » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:11 pm

Cry, feel sorry for myself, sleep in, and shower.
"Madness is the first sign of dandruff" - Dr. Winston O'Boogie

dana

Post by dana » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:47 pm

I'm finishing a 16 foot stone arch on my house.
Didn't miss BRC until just now.
Next year. (my favorite mantra)
Sometimes delayed gratification is just what you get.

dragonflyannie
Burning Since: 2000

Post by dragonflyannie » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:43 pm

This would have been my 7th year in a row! Ouch! It hurts... it really does. Next year, it is SO on.

I'm going to a friends bday bash on Saturday night. She told me she's going to have a fire pit going outside and if I feel the need to burn something, I can. FUCK YEAH I'm going to burn something!

BLACK ROCK CITY I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragonfly

Troy Van Berry

Post by Troy Van Berry » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:55 pm

We went from '96 to '04, 8 years in a row. This will be the 3rd missed time. Living in Reno is hard, cause you see all the burners on the freeway everyday, so I'm living through them. The kids will be old enough to stay with grandma in a few years, I can't wait to get back. I'll be burning on Sat as well!(with envy) :wink: Saturday night when your not on the playa is like being nowhere at all.....
The art is in the details

dragon55

Post by dragon55 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:17 am

I plan to go next year and is so bummed I am not there this year. This would have been my 3rd year but it's okay I have my reasons. Tonight, I plan to celebrate a birthday for someone but during the burn I plan to be silent and will close my eyes to vision me there. Next year will be a different story. I plan to bring my lil munchkin for her very first BM experience!! :) I so fuckin look forward to it! Peace and love to everyone on the playa.

~The red dragon.

Return to “Open Discussion”