Rant to Adrian!

All things outside of Burning Man.
Sensei

Post by Sensei » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:35 pm

I understand Spec, and thanks for the response.

I'm outta here, and you'll all be better of for it, and you know it.

Smooch!

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:05 pm

sure, and i am really sorry that means its not for you anymore. i guess we can all chalk up another mark for those who fuck things up for everyone else with attempts to justify or deny it.

and my comment was not a 'take it or leave it' thing, especially with someone starting their own board. i do honestly wish more people would do that, this place does not have the functional ability to be all things to all people.

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:58 pm

Hi ever-body...who's ADRIAN?
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:13 pm

pinemom wrote:Hi ever-body...who's ADRIAN?
Adrian is the Publisher/ Editor of Piss Clear, the playa's snarky little rag.
http://www.pissclear.org/

Adrian does a column every issue called "Adrians Rant", hence the title of this way off track little thread.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

helitack
Burning Since: 2004

Post by helitack » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:19 pm

Ya think?
Actively helping President Trump build the wall

Winning hearts and minds in lovely TexMexistan...

Bin Noddin

Post by Bin Noddin » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:26 pm

The lights are out...the band left the stage...the bartender and waiters are gone for the night...the chairs are stacked...the janitor is sweeping...and that annoying group at the back JUST WON'T LEAVE!
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:20 pm

I'm ending my rant. My point has been made!

In the next month, America is going to vote and i'm thinking that there won't be change made because if eplaya is a slice of America we are in trouble. Only one person, Mysterious D, got it. This thread is a JOKE! If anyone of you knew what the hell i've been writting for the past 8 years on Eplaya is exactly opposite of this thread. I made fun of and insulted my own beliefs. If this community can forget who and what each of us has posted in the past, then there is no hope for America. NOne of you remembered that I started the same rant several years ago. Many of you replied the same way. How are you going to change the world if you like many nations, including America, apply the same reactions that didn't work in the same place. Korea, Iran, Terrorism will never change if you approach the problem just as our administration has tried and failed.

For what you should have remembered about me:

I am a contributer to Piss Clear and love the paper eversince I read the first issue back in the 90's. I think that more should be printed because I can never find them later in the day!!!!
I am a photographer.
I fight for equal rights for people of all sexualities and sexual preferences.
I am a Hellenic- I worship the Greek Gods. I though you would have called me out then.

If you people couldn't see that then not only is America in Trouble then so is Burning Man.

You're not good enough to Queer because you're all Hetero's

There I said And I'm Glad!

AIIZ

PS- I think Adrian's the cutiest thing on the playa and so is his wife!!!!

helitack

Post by helitack » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:25 pm

Oh, now it all makes sense...

joel the ornery
Burning Since: 1998
Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares

Post by joel the ornery » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:25 pm

RIP: AIIZ's credibility has ceased to exist.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:36 pm

After reading AIIZ's post perhaps a few of us, myself included need to go back and reread the thread and where he was trying to go with it.

And now I feel like an ass for what I've said about the whole thing. If I keep putting my foot in my mouth I won't have any shoes left to wear, I'll have chewed 'em to bits.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

joel the ornery

Post by joel the ornery » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:43 pm

sorry k4, not giving AIIZ the benefit of the doubt...

if the thread was a joke, it was a humorless one.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:22 pm

I come back to the core belief I have that people are fundamentally good. Yeah, even my online enemies. So while I'll get mad, snort, fume, or worse there is almost always the capability to forgive and to learn from a situation. Not everyone shares that mindset and that's ok but it's what works for me.

A II Z, you might not accept it but I will make a public apology for not understanding your intent with the posts. The flipside is we all can learn from this...online communication has some serious flaws sometimes.

With that I'm done with this, I'm moving on. Next topic?
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

Dork

Post by Dork » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:32 pm

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:Only one person, Mysterious D, got it.
You left out a third group - those of us who realized it was all a sham but were too apathetic to do anything about it.

helitack

Post by helitack » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:35 pm

Hmm, some cream cheese and blueberries with those waffles?

joel the ornery

Post by joel the ornery » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:35 pm

Dork wrote:
Apollonaris Zeus wrote:Only one person, Mysterious D, got it.
You left out a third group - those of us who realized it was all a sham but were too apathetic to do anything about it.

<snicker>

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:39 pm

helitack wrote:Hmm, some cream cheese and blueberries with those waffles?
Strawberries please. Now if you have recommendations on what goes with shoe leather since I'm always putting my foot in my mouth....
K-IV
~~~~

joel the ornery

Post by joel the ornery » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:46 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:
helitack wrote:Hmm, some cream cheese and blueberries with those waffles?
Strawberries please. Now if you have recommendations on what goes with shoe leather since I'm always putting my foot in my mouth....
a couple of suggestions.... don't wear shoes and wash between your toes thoroughly.

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:53 pm

So what is Adrian doing now?

I heard he does event promotions.

anything happening this month?

©AIIZ

K-mom

Post by K-mom » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:46 pm

Finding all this very confusing, luckily thats how I likes my internet. But if you're going to go out and make a satirical thread at least put a little effort into the whole witty apect.

The funny part for me, reading the paper here and there on the playa (mostly on downtime @ Arctica), is I always thought Adrian was female. Not really the kind of thing I ever stopped and thought about, more of just an assumption.
You call it malt liquor, I call it breakfast.

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:02 pm

K-mom wrote:
The funny part for me, reading the paper here and there on the playa (mostly on downtime @ Arctica), is I always thought Adrian was female. Not really the kind of thing I ever stopped and thought about, more of just an assumption.
Yes, he does have that androgenous thing going.

Back in my trysexual days I would have no problem doing him. he's really cute.

A note to some that haven't got over this thread:

I have never attack anyone personally, other then this thread and I did it to everyone equally as a farce. If it did attack you, it was only your posts, not the information you gave me as a confidant- and that's fair game as I have been attack because of my posts.

Heteros are the cause of over population!

Stop hetero sex now!

AIIZ

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:50 pm

i now understand the remarks about getting back on the meds..
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.

K-mom

Post by K-mom » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:28 pm

I'm just not sure he was ever on them to begin with. Perhaps I haven;'t been around long enough.

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:58 pm

K-mom wrote:I'm just not sure he was ever on them to begin with. Perhaps I haven;'t been around long enough.
A long time ago, before Joel the Ornery, Joel the Simple and three lost versions of eplaya threads, I used to refer to my marijuana use as “My Medsâ€

K-mom

Post by K-mom » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:52 pm

Interesting. Good luck with that.
Pass the medication.

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:28 pm

gyre wrote:What?
Gay folk discovered at burning man!

yawn
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
This says it all!

I don't know if anyone has noticed that I never said anything negative about homosexual behavior here. I mention the words, gay, homos, queers, queens or what ever and all they are labels. Fucking labels that all. Most accepted by the gay community in everyday use. Some are even used in TV show titles. www.homoagogo.com

But read the replies. What it brought out was an image of you. That you applied your connotations, your biases, and your prejudices!

Please read though this topic again and learn something about YOU!

Me,

I’m just a flame.

While I live

I burn bright

For some day

I will expire.

AIIZ

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:20 pm

Here's an interesting topic on slurs.

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/r ... hp?prgId=5

Are All Slurs Created Equal?

When Isaiah Washington, one of the stars of TV's Grey's Anatomy, used a homosexual slur to refer to a co-star, it caused a stir, but not the kind of anger that comedian Michael Richards generated with his verbal tirade of racial slurs. Guests look at the origins and power of insults.

AIIZ

gyre

Post by gyre » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:08 pm

They have tippytoed around this story so much I still have no clue what happened.
So I have no opinion, except that this n-word, f-word horseshit is an insult to everyone.
Remember that the obscenity 'n-word' was invented just to give strength to the term and minimize slashing someone to death.

Do you think it is a good idea to add power to a word?
It's easy.
Just ban the word.

If they feel unable to report a story, they should just stay quiet.

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:17 pm

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:#1- Adrian should fuck pussy for a day and tell all the queers that they too should do that as well! That's for both female and males queers too!

AIIZ

ps- just for a day fags- women are very limited on the playa and most of them are queer too.
Apollonaris Zeus wrote:
Eric wrote:
Apollonaris Zeus wrote:PS- every photograph in your mag has sucked.
I'm one of the photographers.

Of course, than I'd have to copy edit it, and that would suck for me.
Oh so that's how your photos get in because youre the Ed- Whooo Hooo!

I would never EVER submit a photo even if I was a photographer- theyre homos too all of them!!!

Are you Queer Too!

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus wrote:
Badger wrote:I guess this little meltdown of yours has been in the slowly happening in the wings for sometime now. Almost painful to actually witness it unfold here though.

Good luck dude.
Oh yeah, Badger I can now see the depth of our friend ship, but that just how you Black Rock Rangers are right! Ranger are so cocky telling us civies what to do all the time from up high on your pedistal. So you guys wear skirts right. Bet you're a fag too wearing those sissy skirts.

and your name, badger- they like to go down in holes. Hey which one, the cornholeys. You should change your name to Ferret. Yes Ferret Boy fits you fine fag boy!

And Eric

Those olympians god are a bunch of fags too. Yes don't you know they reside in the fag house of Panty-ons! That's gueer!

Its posts like these that I did not see the humor in. All I saw was a hate crime being commited. Now that we are on page 3 he/she is trying to backpedal out of the vile remarks made on page 1. Personally I hope it doesn't work, I hope people see him/her for what they really are. I really don't understand why we have to put up with trolls like this. This BBS is supposed to be about BM but many threads that are kept at the top have little to do with the event. Seems some folks just do all they can to discourage burners from coming here and show the ORG in as bad a light as possible.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:39 pm

It is not a hate crime period. it is a freedom of speech. The open discussion forum is not limited to BM. of course if you knew me and my past posts you would have known that this was farce. if someone calls you a queer why would you get upset in the first place- unless you thought that being one was wrong.

Is that what you really felt?

If I called you a Hetero, would that get you upset. Or Beaver Trapper? Or Clam shucker?

Perhaps NO, if you were hetero, you might even feel proud.

Is that the truth?

AIIZ

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:41 am

You know, no one has to call anyone anything. Freedom of speech also involves discretion. Yes, even under our beloved Constitution, there is what is called "protected speech." Like not yelling fire in a theater kinda deal.

Return to “Open Discussion”