Rant to Adrian!

All things outside of Burning Man.
Badger

Post by Badger » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:29 pm

I guess this little meltdown of yours has been in the slowly happening in the wings for sometime now. Almost painful to actually witness it unfold here though.

Good luck dude.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: Why am I still talking to an idiot?

Post by Eric » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:01 pm

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:Well that's a low blow! Well those are myths and I can guarentee that they're no republicans like Foley Guy in their pantheon.

Hey you should rename the mag, "Piss Queer"!

HaHa! Piss Queer! HaHa take that Foley Guy!

AIIZ
It takes you two days to formulate a response and that's the best you can do? It's not even original- we've been calling our gay contingent Piss Queer for years.

I'm bored of watching your brain dribble.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:15 am

Badger wrote:I guess this little meltdown of yours has been in the slowly happening in the wings for sometime now. Almost painful to actually witness it unfold here though.

Good luck dude.
Oh yeah, Badger I can now see the depth of our friend ship, but that just how you Black Rock Rangers are right! Ranger are so cocky telling us civies what to do all the time from up high on your pedistal. So you guys wear skirts right. Bet you're a fag too wearing those sissy skirts.

and your name, badger- they like to go down in holes. Hey which one, the cornholeys. You should change your name to Ferret. Yes Ferret Boy fits you fine fag boy!

And Eric

Those olympians god are a bunch of fags too. Yes don't you know they reside in the fag house of Panty-ons! That's gueer!

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:39 am

I'm going to break my silence and say it: This anti-gay bullshit needs to fucking stop NOW.
It don't matter if it's directed towards Badger or anyone else.
Most people know I consider Badger my online arch enemy, ranking right below Fred Phelps on my personal disgust scale. But even with that I won't sit back and see anyone flame him with shit like this.

A to Z, you are about to have a really nasty fucking problem coming at ya. ME! Find another angle of attack which I know you can....and let this part die the death it deserves. Or I'm going to go ballistic on ya.

That's a fucking guarantee and promise...and when I get through I guarantee the admins will ban me because it's going to be brutal.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:45 am

Kinetic IV wrote:I'm going to break my silence and say it: This anti-gay bullshit needs to fucking stop NOW.
It don't matter if it's directed towards Badger or anyone else.
Most people know I consider Badger my online arch enemy, ranking right below Fred Phelps on my personal disgust scale. But even with that I won't sit back and see anyone flame him with shit like this.

A to Z, you are about to have a really nasty fucking problem coming at ya. ME! Find another angle of attack which I know you can....and let this part die the death it deserves. Or I'm going to go ballistic on ya.

That's a fucking guarantee and promise...and when I get through I guarantee the admins will ban me because it's going to be brutal.
Oh year, bring it on Kinetic IV soon to be Kinetic Queen Boy! So you too are coming out of the closet!

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:01 am

I came out of my closet at Kansas City's Gay Pride celebration in 1989 where I skipped a family reunion to attend and ended up being on KMBC Channel 9 and KSHB 41's news coverage of the event. I blew my closet up.

I happen to be bi, I currently have a girlfriend that is bi, she knows about my orientation and has no problem with it. So if you're wanting to attack me your current approach sucks swollen donkey balls and ain't gonna work. So what were you trying to do again? I remember now...you were showing your closed minded ignorance and engaging in some jackassery. I have quite a bit of experience dealing with asshats such as yourself....I'll have no trouble giving you a teaser of what I enjoy doing.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:50 pm

if this started out at an attempt in being funny, it has definately moved into something not.

joel the ornery
Burning Since: 1998
Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares

Post by joel the ornery » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:01 pm

if i had my way, this thread would be locked up tighter than a detainee at GITMO.

AIIZ, take your medication(s), please.

spectabillis

Post by spectabillis » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:53 pm

joel the ornery wrote:AIIZ, take your medication(s), please.
so whats with baiting a2z joel? does not seem the first time, so if you have some personal difference my suggestion is to find some other way to deal with it.

joel the ornery

Post by joel the ornery » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:36 am

So, what’s my beef with the following AIIZ posts… well, for one thing they are hate filled rants.
Apollonaris Zeus wrote:#1- Adrian should fuck pussy for a day and tell all the queers that they too should do that as well! That's for both female and males queers too!

AIIZ

ps- just for a day fags- women are very limited on the playa and most of them are queer too.
Apollonaris Zeus wrote:
Eric wrote:
Apollonaris Zeus wrote:PS- every photograph in your mag has sucked.
I'm one of the photographers.
Of course, than I'd have to copy edit it, and that would suck for me.
Oh so that's how your photos get in because youre the Ed- Whooo Hooo!

I would never EVER submit a photo even if I was a photographer- theyre homos too all of them!!!

Are you Queer Too!

AIIZ
spectabillis wrote:now that has to be a joke..
Unfortunately, there was no humor involved.
Apollonaris Zeus wrote:
Eric wrote: Why yes I am. Just like those Greek gods who's names you use. (you know Zeus was a pederast right? Certainly you've heard of Ganymede. And Apollo just loved the boys: Hyacynth, Acantha, Cyparissus......)
Well that's a low blow! Well those are myths and I can guarentee that they're no republicans like Foley Guy in their pantheon.
Hey you should rename the mag, "Piss Queer"!
HaHa! Piss Queer! HaHa take that Foley Guy!
AIIZ
More hate.
Apollonaris Zeus wrote:
Badger wrote:I guess this little meltdown of yours has been in the slowly happening in the wings for sometime now. Almost painful to actually witness it unfold here though.

Good luck dude.
Oh yeah, Badger I can now see the depth of our friend ship, but that just how you Black Rock Rangers are right! Ranger are so cocky telling us civies what to do all the time from up high on your pedistal. So you guys wear skirts right. Bet you're a fag too wearing those sissy skirts.

and your name, badger- they like to go down in holes. Hey which one, the cornholeys. You should change your name to Ferret. Yes Ferret Boy fits you fine fag boy!

And Eric

Those olympians god are a bunch of fags too. Yes don't you know they reside in the fag house of Panty-ons! That's gueer!
More hate
spectabillis wrote:
joel the ornery wrote:AIIZ, take your medication(s), please.
so whats with baiting a2z joel? does not seem the first time, so if you have some personal difference my suggestion is to find some other way to deal with it.
baiting? Nah…. Insensitive to AIIZ's feelings, sure.

Um, the hate mongering is that “personal difference” that you allude to, my dear Spectabillis.

I’ll behave myself and post no more on the matter.

Bin Noddin

Post by Bin Noddin » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:48 pm

"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen

gyre

Post by gyre » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:06 pm

What?
Gay folk discovered at burning man!

yawn
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

spectabillis

Post by spectabillis » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:05 pm

not baiting? of course your comment was baiting, joel.

i dont have as much a problem with calling someone out on what they post, especially when its as obvious to everyone else who replies as such that this topic progressed into the dark area.

but dont try to play this down in being all about THIS topic after you estabilish a history of such comments.

Toolmaker

!

Post by Toolmaker » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:18 pm

I seem to recall something about radically inclusive...

Methinks someone should stop by Jiffylube in 07, maybe someone over there can remove whatevers stuck up yer ass.

For someone using GREEK names to have such hatred for others due to their preference for GREEK sex baffles my mind.

I am straight but have NO PROBLEMS with other people due to sexual preference. There are lots of better things to worry about.

A few thoughts from our sponsers:

Radical Inclusion
Anyone may be a part of Burning Man. We welcome and respect the stranger. No prerequisites exist for participation in our community.

Participation
Our community is committed to a radically participatory ethic. We believe that transformative change, whether in the individual or in society, can occur only through the medium of deeply personal participation. We achieve being through doing. Everyone is invited to work. Everyone is invited to play. We make the world real through actions that open the heart.

Immediacy
Immediate experience is, in many ways, the most important touchstone of value in our culture. We seek to overcome barriers that stand between us and a recognition of our inner selves, the reality of those around us, participation in society, and contact with a natural world exceeding human powers. No idea can substitute for this experience.

joel the ornery

Post by joel the ornery » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:31 am

spectabillis wrote:not baiting? of course your comment was baiting, joel.

i dont have as much a problem with calling someone out on what they post, especially when its as obvious to everyone else who replies as such that this topic progressed into the dark area.

but dont try to play this down in being all about THIS topic after you estabilish a history of such comments.
i didn't say i wasn't a prick.

spectabillis

Post by spectabillis » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:09 am

by now i think thats a given joel, i just dont have much patience when you try to justify it or act as if you are not part of a problem. so fair warning, and dont bitch if you ever get admin action taken against ya.

joel the ornery

Post by joel the ornery » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:10 am

spectabillis wrote:by now i think thats a given joel, i just dont have much patience when you try to justify it or act as if you are not part of a problem. so fair warning, and dont bitch if you ever get admin action taken against ya.
okie dokie.

admin action = time out?

spectabillis

Post by spectabillis » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:13 am

wouldnt waste my time and just go directly for the perma ip ban, but i am sure everyone else could use a timeout from your posts.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:14 am

Whoa! Hold it. SB, I thought this was about A II Z's abnormal behavior and not Joel the Ornery. Joel's been on this board for a very long time and I don't see him as a problem. Did I miss something here? What has he done that warrants the one more fuckup and you're banned approach? I just don't see it. Having met you I don't feel you're an unreasonable person to deal with but in this case I can't see where you're coming from. So I'm asking if you would support your position a bit, if that's not too much to ask. This board has never had any of the frequent posters permanently banned.....this would be a first. It deserves a further bit of explanation.
K-IV
~~~~

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:33 am

spectabillis wrote:wouldnt waste my time and just go directly for the perma ip ban, but i am sure everyone else could use a timeout from your posts.
Speak for yourself - please!

And in my opinion you are way the fuck more annoying than Joel.

joel the ornery

Post by joel the ornery » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:39 am

how about we all take a deep breath?

Ron

Post by Ron » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:32 am

Geeze, SB, do we have to worry about you finding our posts distasteful and so banning us from the board at this point? That's certainly what it looks like right now. What part of the TOS has Joel violated that you'd throw such a threat around in a public forum?

Frankly this is part of why I advocated not having any moderation at all, way back when the conversation was still relevant. It's not fair to you, SB, and it's not fair to everyone else for you to have to play this role and this exchange illustrates just one of the reasons why. Sorry you're having a bad week, or whatever, but I think Joel's posts don't merit the kind of threatened moderation action you've discussed here.

Ron

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:03 pm

In the past if one user's actions warranted admin action a review of the situation and a proposed course of action were posted in Case Studies. Then the community weighed in on it, then....and only then was a decision made. This was done to prevent some previous problems like the Captain Fuckwit injustice.

So coming back to this case if there's a (Edit: Serious) problem (Ed 2: One that the community has failed to resolve on it's own...and I see this one very much as a work in progress)....let's take it to Case Studies, let the community work through it, and come up with a workable solution. The idea of a moderator taking unilateral action flies in the face of how this board has worked...and worked reasonably well with for years. SB, I like you as a person...and I know you want to clean up the board...and God love you for it. But if you act out on your own and don't give the established process a chance to work...oh boy....you will have made an even bigger mess than you intended to clean up.

Thanks for considering my point of view on this.
K-IV
~~~~

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:33 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:SB, I like you as a person...and I know you want to clean up the board...and God love you for it. But if you act out on your own and don't give the established process a chance to work...oh boy....you will have made an even bigger mess than you intended to clean up.
Well said, K. Very well said. Spec, I love ya's, and you KNOW I love ya's, but you've gotta let us be ourselves. If being contrary in an assholish manner is no longer acceptable here, I'm going to have to say goodbye. I don't mean to sound petulant, but I gotta be me, ya' know? Sure, we're cranky assholes sometimes but were HONEST cranky assholes, and that makes all the difference to me. We're not the Rainbow family nor Oracle-gatherers, we're burners. We play with dangerous toys and like to set things on fire. Someone could get hurt, ya' know. And that's the way I like it, and I won't settle for less.

My name is Sensei, and I'm an asshole.

Smooch!

joel the ornery

Post by joel the ornery » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:03 pm

Smooches to you Sensei

spectabillis

Post by spectabillis » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:10 pm

joel the ornery wrote:how about we all take a deep breath?
heh... funny thing about it all, you are the only one who reliped here who doesnt fly off the handle. interesting, hunh?

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:17 pm

That's it? If I didn't know better I'd consider that post to be a bit of "baiting" as it's just begging for a response. And not a good one either.

In any event....if it needs to Case Studies is waiting. My hunch is if this gets that far the community will come back saying this is another tempest in a teapot if they don't just yawn and shrug and suggest who they think should wear the drama queen tiara for today. So can we get the unilateral admin threats out of the way and work this out like we have so many times before?
K-IV
~~~~

joel the ornery

Post by joel the ornery » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:28 pm

spectabillis wrote:
joel the ornery wrote:how about we all take a deep breath?
heh... funny thing about it all, you are the only one who reliped here who doesnt fly off the handle. interesting, hunh?
well, i AM self-medicating.

<Please>

lighten up everyone, the sun is shining somewhere, brewries are making beer, and the treasury is printing money... so drink up, get on with life and please don't take it too seriously on my account.

everyone, have a nice weekend.

spectabillis

Post by spectabillis » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:31 pm

sensei: its a question of how much - its a question of balance.

there is no reason for this level of open hostility and what you are referring to 'assholist behavior.' so if you want to try and compare it to something, then please dont try the opposite touchy-feely extreme of the rainbow family or oracle-whatever-the-fuck-that-is. try something a bit more realistic. and no one said anything about not being open, but for many you would have to include that under general snarkiness.

the problem is the nature of some people who use this board to rant with no intention for discussion - its intentionally negative. its obviously taken too far when others make the attempt to step foreward and positively influence some things for improvement, only to walk away in disgust and apathy.

so yeah, the balance is going to shift a bit. if that means loosing some people... then thats whats going to happen. if those people are the ones who enjoy nothing better than negative fucking about, well, thats not really a loss to everyone else who wants to use the board for other functions.

ultimately its the org's board, and even though its been great to have it provided for us all to use - its not ours, and its supposed to be about the community. so i fully encourage anyone to go out and set up their own board.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:33 pm

Drama Queen tiaras give me a headache no matter who's wearing one. I may not say much, but I think hard thoughts atcha all sometimes.

Yes the sun us shining, and E-11 Decompression is tomorrow. So, a round of nice weekends for everyone, and pass the happy sauce I think I'll start early.

Return to “Open Discussion”