Burning Man Screensaver Broadcast

All things outside of Burning Man.
Ladymerv

Burning Man Screensaver Broadcast

Post by Ladymerv » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:42 am

:) Hi there,
I am the NYC regional and we would like to share a broadcast tool with the community. Its a broadcast that we, as burners, can send out to other burners around the world via their screensavers. It includes videos, and visuals of the communities creation. It allows us to share things visually and points the screens to websites that pertain to Burning Man community members.
You can check it out and read more about it before downloading anything at:
www.houseofindulgence.com/mode/index.htm

This topic was posted on the last eplaya, and a few points were discussed. We are not collecting the data submitted, you can submit false names for input if you so desire.
This company is my husbands company, who is also a regional here in NYC. He has donated the technology to Burning Man so that the community can share information, dreams, art, creations with each other...more than an email list. It also allows regions to post upcomming events and post event images. Burning Man has sanctioned this broadcast tool.

This is FREE to Burning Man peeps, and the company will never charge Burning Man or the community people to get involved or to watch the broadcast. It will never include advertisements for anything...
Originally, this tool was created for commercial uses, we have spend a lot of time making this free version for our community.

Many channels can be created in addition to the main Burning Man Channel, and you can subscribe to different channels...so if your themecamp or region wants to create a channel please advise us that it exists, so that we can subscribe and watch your channel too :)

If you would like to submit a screen for broadcast email with BM Broadcast in the subject line to
[email protected]
the screen should be 1024px wide and 716px high
and be 700K or less.
Please do not use images of people without their permission, and be aware that some people may have the broadcast running in their homes and/or office so content should be sutable for either of these.

looking forward!
:wink:
cory aka/ LadyMerv

RebA!

Post by RebA! » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:49 pm

Just fyi I have this on my comptuer and I have seen at least 1 image with nudity in it.

Might want to check over your list o images...
"My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives."
--Rita Rudner

Flux

Post by Flux » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:58 pm

I've had this screensaver for several months, and it rocks! Highly recommended, haven't had any problems with it, new stuff all the time.

Ladymerv

reba, you were correct.

Post by Ladymerv » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:59 pm

Hi Reba,the image you spotted has been removed. thank you for the heads up...

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:30 pm

I would run it at work but that one nude pic would get me a nice visit to HR and a ticket to Missouri unemployment. I run it at home instead....

It's still a wonderful gift and I appreciate you offering it to everyone. At home it's great for alleviating playa home sickness.

Hana Hou

Post by Hana Hou » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:40 pm

Wouldn't a REALLY bad penalty be to make you KEEP WORKING in Missouri?
Darwin was right.

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:46 pm

Hana Hou wrote:Wouldn't a REALLY bad penalty be to make you KEEP WORKING in Missouri?
I fell in love with California and the West years ago and the trip after BM this year rekindled that. But my family and all I've ever known are here. It's safe, secure....and not easy to leave. And I've made a lot of sacrifices staying here to help my family, first my sister, now my mother.

Everything is coming up on one of those points in life where you have to pick a direction....and it's very difficult to do. That's what I'm coming up on in the next 30 days.

Anyway back to the thread, that screensaver is an awesome gift, and thanks again for gifting it to everyone LadyMerv. The last updates were awesome. Even the update screen is cool with the tire tracks across the playa fading into the distance....

Ladymerv

Images about your region, or your project, or your dreams

Post by Ladymerv » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:20 am

Thank you all,
We really appreciate all your kind words.
We are making new screens almost daily, and would love to share stuff going on in your neck of the woods. New screens are being sent in from all over the country.

Hana Hou, if you want to draw a picture of your dreams, or visions of BM04 I'd be happy to post it...or anything that you would like to share with the community.

It is important that the image be 1024pix wide and 716pix high, and 500k or less...

Send it to me with the subject line"BM broadcast" to avoid confusion.
[email protected]

:)

Spokes

Post by Spokes » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:24 am

Screen saver rocks. Only problem I have is visitors in my office can't keep their eyes off it. I'm going to have to rearrange my furniture.

TheJudge

Post by TheJudge » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:53 pm

Just because its been a while since anyone posted anything in this thread. I just thought I'd mention that I LOVE the broadcast screensaver. I like the fact that it updates itself and the pages are created and linked to other people's sites. Its a lot more interactive than a bunch of pictures that just buzz by.

I lost the link to the saver when I upgraded my computer. Glad I found it here again.
"Be at one with the dust of the earth. This is primal union." - Lao Tsu

Spokes

Post by Spokes » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:17 pm

Yep, and ladymerv rocks. She just sent out a screen for me.

Return to “Open Discussion”