Girlie girls.

All things outside of Burning Man.
Ivy

Post by Ivy » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:12 am

Quote:
when did you request three sentences. you need to start giving some examples and start following your own advise. 3 sentences? i can do that.

Ivy Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:27 pm
write three sentences explaining how that statement indicated that I am a girlie girl.
You are the weakest link. Good-bye.

THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Post by THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:28 am

damn you got me.

shhhhiiiiitttttt

good one. it was in the quote befoe the last. man

ok

can we play again?

hey wait a minute that's one out of three.
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/edwardgevans/desktops/index.htm

Don Muerto

Post by Don Muerto » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:42 pm

Play again?!?! How about giving the rest of us a turn! :wink:
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:46 am

hope this one keeps going. it does'nt seem to be finished yet.

olivia

Post by olivia » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:14 pm

wow. katie can't spell so we're unprofessional. maybe she can't spell so well, and maybe she types in internet-accepted all lowercase, but we are as professional as any 8 person business running out of someone's house will ever be, and at least we hire and train our models instead of getting some random english major temp to staff the office.

dealing with over 200 applications to SG a week and then with each persons individual schedule and limitations is not going to be easy even if you are the most professional, organised person in the world.

i'm not surprised she didn't respond to you if you were snotty and mean to her about how she does her job. no amount of cute is worth having some impatient primadonna on the site who needs everything to be perfect. we learned that the hard way.

PJ

Post by PJ » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:21 pm

...she types in internet-accepted all lowercase...
Note to Bob and Precipitate: all y'all r obsolete.

Kinetic II

Post by Kinetic II » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:35 pm

PJ wrote:
...she types in internet-accepted all lowercase...
Note to Bob and Precipitate: all y'all r obsolete.
Screw this. As long as you add to the discussion and we can understand your ideas or your point, then post. This is not a public school, there are no editors with red pens hovering over your post. Try and at least hit preview and look it over but if you type lower case, your spelling is a bit off or if dyslexia hits like I get sometimes, post anyway.

I'd take a good flaming exchange between Ivy and Olivia over some of the other drivel on here of late. And besides that comment...that's one discussion I want NO PART OF. Exit stage left, I'm running for cover.

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:22 pm

olivia wrote:wow. katie can't spell so we're unprofessional. maybe she can't spell so well, and maybe she types in internet-accepted all lowercase, but we are as professional as any 8 person business running out of someone's house will ever be, and at least we hire and train our models instead of getting some random english major temp to staff the office.

dealing with over 200 applications to SG a week and then with each persons individual schedule and limitations is not going to be easy even if you are the most professional, organised person in the world.

i'm not surprised she didn't respond to you if you were snotty and mean to her about how she does her job. no amount of cute is worth having some impatient primadonna on the site who needs everything to be perfect. we learned that the hard way.
now this is really getting good.

i love this. nevermind. i dont need to play. just as long as i get to watch then i've died and gone to heaven.

Ivy

Post by Ivy » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:19 pm

Lowercase usage, typos, misspellings and bad grammar and acceptable on an internet message board--it's a ottally informal setting.Not in a response to a job application. What if I submitted my resume in all lowercase? Oh, wait, I forgot--that's "artistic."

I'm sorry, but I've seen(and done) single person businesses run out of homes that don't seem to have the same problem.

I'm sure SG is popular and busy. I had no qualms about the from letter response other than the gross grammatical ineptitude (honestly, i thought it might have been a scam, that someone had stolen my email from the SG site and was trying to fake me into responding to them, and that's something you might want to conser about her sending out response letters in the style that she does). it wasn't until she plaintedly ignored my responses that I became snotty. I clearly responded several times with my availablity AS I WAS ASKED TO DO and was ignored each time.

I notice how you didn't even bother to mention anything about being part of a "scene."

I don't have any beef with you, Olivia. I like what you do and I'm glad you're successful. You're clearly doing well with those response letters Katie sends out, so just keep on crankin' 'em. Liklihood is, nowadays, most of the recipients don't know the difference anyway.

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:22 pm

i have died and gone to heavon

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:31 pm

i know (or think) Ivy will be a little upset with me or olivia may get upset with me but (my 2 cents here) i really think the 2 of you should get together and sort out your differences. you guys (girls) would make good buisness from what i see.

plus i like you both.

dont ask me why because niether of you are really my type. not saying either of you is not good looking cause you both are totally fine, but i really see big money there.

(just my 2 sense and six sense. after all i did create this thread.)
Last edited by DE FACTO on Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:45 pm

and where is girlie?

she kinda mellowed things out a bit. i really miss her.
she put things in proper perspective.

and she looks good too. check her out
Last edited by DE FACTO on Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:54 am

Girlie guys rule!
not as much as Girlie girls though.
even though...........

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:43 am

even though...........

Wind_Borne

Post by Wind_Borne » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:45 am

Ouch... head spinning... ahhh....

As if it's not bad enough that men have inherited the need to prove their masculinity, now someone wants women to prove their femininity?

Here's a clue: Femine is what females do (even when it doesn't match your pre-conceptions).
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
-- George Washington

ramen

Post by ramen » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:05 pm

where r da coinz???!!!
Short Attention Span Theatre

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:43 pm

Wind_Borne wrote:Ouch... head spinning... ahhh....

As if it's not bad enough that men have inherited the need to prove their masculinity, now someone wants women to prove their femininity?

Here's a clue: Femine is what females do (even when it doesn't match your pre-conceptions).
Heyyyyy!

The Girlie girls thread could use some more of your input.
Do you think you or anybody else can expand on your thoughts here further please?
even though...........

thoughtsurfer

Post by thoughtsurfer » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:54 pm

I would expand on some thoughts, but "girlie girls" don't do that kind of thing...they just surf over thoughts in general...(while they are in between getting their nails done and having pajama parties.)
Sorry boys...If it's "thinking" you want to witness, try posting a thread like "deep thoughts," or something in that vain...
Oops! gotta run! I have to go to my pedicure appointment!
(and, no...you cannot watch!)
(too bad I have to run...I was looking forward to seeing the girls duke it out, myself!)

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:01 pm

thoughtsurfer wrote:..I was looking forward to seeing the girls duke it out, myself!)
I should have been more clear myself about that. I was also hoping for the girls opinion.

do you count?
even though...........

thoughtsurfer

Post by thoughtsurfer » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:05 pm

"...do you count?"

Only on my finger and toes...

Wind_Borne

Post by Wind_Borne » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:19 pm

Someone recently showed me a review of a book devoted to the concept of masculinity through history (the name of which I can't recall just now). I'm sure someone could devote a book (or a library) to the concept of femininity through the ages as well. I'm also sure that someone could devote a book to the issue of how to place a slice of cake on a plate: icing on the left, right, or top.

But just for fun...

Axiom 1: Femininity and masculinity have instinctual and social components.
Axiom 2: Femininity and masculinity are based on comparative biology of each sex.
Axiom 3: Modern technology nullifies some of the above sexual traits (like physical strength).
Axiom 4: Our instincts don't evolve as fast as our technology.

Theorom: Femininity and masculinity are constantly redefined in the context of current technology and social conditions.

Discuss :-)
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
-- George Washington

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:26 pm

jeezzzz Wind_Borne are you male or female?

hey, what's your opinion given the equation you've just gave about current technology, Femininity and masculinity in the world of bisexuallity?
even though...........

Wind_Borne

Post by Wind_Borne » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:35 pm

All my relativism aside, it occurs to me that Digiman may have been simply interested in the various expressions of Girlie Girlness, each for its own sake. A sort of meta-girl watching. Instead of sitting outside of a cafe falling is lust with each girl as she walks by, Digiman can thrill to each description of girlie girlness as it is posted.

Girlie girls for girlie girls sake.
-- George Washington

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:38 pm

Wind_Borne wrote:All my relativism aside, it occurs to me that Digiman may have been simply interested in the various expressions of Girlie Girlness, each for its own sake. A sort of meta-girl watching. Instead of sitting outside of a cafe falling is lust with each girl as she walks by, Digiman can thrill to each description of girlie girlness as it is posted.

Girlie girls for girlie girls sake.
touche'
even though...........

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:00 pm

I should add ...It's sometimes better than watching them in person. The visual can be rather distracting at times.
even though...........

Wind_Borne

Post by Wind_Borne » Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:23 pm

DE FACTO,

I'll have to think about this, but it seems to me that the gender roles (and, therefore, femininity and masculinity) arose in antiquity from the physical qualities and attributes of each sex, not from individual sexual preferences. In other words, how you use your sex organs doesn't change what sort you have or who you are.
-- George Washington

thoughtsurfer

Post by thoughtsurfer » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:16 am

"Theorom: Femininity and masculinity are constantly redefined in the context of current technology and social conditions. "

I like this Wind-borne...
I would venture to take it one step further and suggest that femininity & masculinity are redefined depending upon our choices, in regards to the expression of each, in every single moment.
As individuals, we inherently carry the possibility for both within us, whether or not we are embodied as a man or woman.
In observing my own self, I see myself act from both sides depending upon the situation, my mood, my whim of the moment...
I have many, many masculine traits and many, many feminine traits, as well...
Does this mean that I am bisexual?
Well...that's a whole other topic :wink:

Wind_Borne

Post by Wind_Borne » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:15 am

While it is common usage today to use the word gender to mean sex, anthropologist make a distinction: sex is a physical trait (male/female), gender is a role or behavior (masculine/feminine). So I'm thinking that whether straight, gay, or bisexual, you may indeed be bigender. Most of us probably are.
-- George Washington

thoughtsurfer

Post by thoughtsurfer » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:08 am

I agree...

bi gender
bi ped
bi conscious

(thankfully, not bi-polar...
No...we're not!)

BlueBirdPoof

Post by BlueBirdPoof » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:13 pm

Compare and contrast. Girlie Girl and High Femme.

Return to “Open Discussion”