clues

All things outside of Burning Man.
DE FACTO

Postby DE FACTO » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:29 pm

stuart wrote:
i post no more ...in fact less than everyone here.

cites?

I get me, with my original log in, at 10 or so more posts than you. Eh, but your account is just over a week old while mine is over a month old. Now, this math will only be correct as I write this so bear with me...

you, joined oct 9. So, account active for 8 days.
number of posts 176
so, 22 posts per day
me, joined sep 04. Uh, 30 days hath sept... oh yeah, account active for 43 days? is that right? anyway...
number of posts 189
so, 4.4 posts per day.

you wanna restate that?

Look. I'm not here to argue with you, even though it may be fun for you. I'm not here for that. I'm here for fun.

Also, to be a little more acurate, if you count Digiman then i have quite a bit more posts than you. In reality posts without the graphics are a few kilobytes. If the computer can't handle that then let me donate a new one.

But as none of the complainers have noticed, I have not created a new thread as this avatar. so, just another area where my point is made again. I kept my promise and i still get compaints. "Sigh" You can't please everybody.

Have you gotten the clue yet?

stuart

Postby stuart » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:36 pm

Look. I'm not here to argue with you

that's great. In order to avoid it, with me at least, try not posting statements that are so blatantly incorrect.

DE FACTO

Postby DE FACTO » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:43 pm

stuart wrote:
Look. I'm not here to argue with you

that's great. In order to avoid it, with me at least, try not posting statements that are so blatantly incorrect.

again. .....nevermind.

look I reponded to you because i though you deserved a little resect and an answer.

you can do what others do here and ignore me. that would be ok. but i did not ignore you for the reason i just stated.

if some how you are getting a negitive vibe out of what i am writing now forgive me. either that or ignore me. hey either way i'm happy.

hope you are happy and not feeling pissed off about this post. that's not what i meant to do..

now back to happpy happy happy.

stuart

Postby stuart » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:46 pm

no worries. I just took exception to your statement that you posted less than me. So, I posted a correction.

We now return to our regularly scheduled, seratonin loaded program.

DE FACTO

Postby DE FACTO » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:47 pm

stuart wrote:no worries. I just took exception to your statement that you posted less than me. So, I posted a correction.

We now return to our regularly scheduled, seratonin loaded program.

cool here.

thanks.

Alpha

Postby Alpha » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:28 pm

de facto, this is the sort of thing I'm talking about:

de facto wrote:one more time.

this one needs to go to the top again.

I don't mind prolific posters but for god's sake say something meaningful or just be quiet. "diarrhea of the mouth," my mother used to call it.

It's easy enough to ignore you (and I try) but since I don't have a plonk button on my "search for new messages" results, I often have to read threads that have nothing new because you've posted something that has no content. Furthermore, when you DO say something meaningful I usually enjoy reading it.

That's all I'm going to say about it, I've got it off my chest.

DE FACTO

Postby DE FACTO » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:31 pm

Alpha wrote:de facto, this is the sort of thing I'm talking about:

de facto wrote:one more time.

this one needs to go to the top again.

I don't mind prolific posters but for god's sake say something meaningful or just be quiet. "diarrhea of the mouth," my mother used to call it.

It's easy enough to ignore you (and I try) but since I don't have a plonk button on my "search for new messages" results, I often have to read threads that have nothing new because you've posted something that has no content. Furthermore, when you DO say something meaningful I usually enjoy reading it.

That's all I'm going to say about it, I've got it off my chest.

ah. ok

i see what you mean now. i missunderstood you.

sorry about that. i'll do better.

ok? (just did'nt have a clue)

Alpha

Postby Alpha » Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:02 pm

ok, it's all good...

obligatory meaningfulness: they put turn signals on cars for a reason.

*ring* *ring* It's the clue phone... it's for you!

Sylvia

Postby Sylvia » Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:09 am

Hit pause before send. Always. Specially us.

Or not.

alice

Postby alice » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:19 pm

thank god for the voice of reason.

y'all really need to shut the fuck up.

and i mean that in the nicest possible way.
bitch all you want - it won't change nothin.

blyslv

Postby blyslv » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:57 pm

Two ears.
One mouth.
Ten fucking fingers for typing = big problem.
Fight for the fifth freedom!

DE FACTO

Postby DE FACTO » Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:02 pm

blyslv wrote:Two ears.
One mouth.
Ten fucking fingers for typing = big problem.

hey i do not use my ears or mouth for typing.

and

i only use 3 fingers on each hand to type

thank you.

Lydia Love

Postby Lydia Love » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:39 pm

If you ask a customer service type a question e.g. "may I talk to Ann, please?" And they give an answer such as "oh, I'm sorry she's out of the office all day" and you follow up with

"Really?"

You are asking, nay DEMANDING that the customer service representative hunt you down and kick you in the head.

The answer you will always always get:

"Yes, really."

The answers you will never ever recieve:

"Ha ha! Just kidding. She's right here and dying to talk to you."

"Omigosh! She just teleported in and she's reaching for the phone! You're very lucky. She doesn't use her superpowers for just anyone."

What the customer service representative is thinking:

"What, are you from the planet moron?"

"Fuck off you fucking fuckwit!"
It's all about the squirrels.

Kinetic II

Postby Kinetic II » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:47 pm

I've actually heard someone say those kinds of comments. Granted mgmt didn't keep them around long but they sure enjoyed doing it and we enjoyed hearing someone say what we've always wanted to.

stuart

Postby stuart » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:49 pm

I used to work IT desktop support. People would always ask 'why is my computer always crashing?' My first response was almost always 'because you are a bad person.'

Lydia Love

Postby Lydia Love » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:52 pm

Stuart, I just got a crush on you.

JezebelinHell

Postby JezebelinHell » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:58 am

More clues for customer service, from a video store manager:

1. If you're looking for a movie, and can't remember the title, I'll need a little more information than, 'that movie with that guy in it. You know, he was in that other movie with that girl.'

2. If there's a box with a movie in it on the shelf, and an empty box behind it that says 'display box only' on it, which one do you think you should bring up to the counter? At least 10% of customers get this wrong.

3. If I tell you a movie's not in stock, that means it's not. That's probably because it's very popular. Do not yell at me. I didn't rent out every single copy myself just to piss you off.

4. If we're closed, and the door is locked, pounding on the door will not get you let in to rent/return movies.

5. If you can't pronounce the name of the movie you want, you don't deserve to watch it.

6. If you have small children, and they pick something up off the shelf, don't tell them to go put it back unless you're going with them. They're gonna set it somewhere it doesn't go, and I'm gonna have to pick it up later. It's not my fault you chose to procreate, so take some fucking responsibility.

7. Don't yell at me if your movie sucked. I'm not the dumbass that decided to rent Legally Blonde 2.

8. Foreign movies are often subtitled. Don't demand a refund. It says 'subtitled' on the fucking box.

9. Don't ask me for movies that haven't even come out in the theatres yet.

10. Your attitude determines whether or not I'll take off your late fees. If you're nice about it, I'll almost always hook you up. If you're a dick, I'll be sending your ass to collections.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe

stuart

Postby stuart » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:36 am

Alpha

Postby Alpha » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:56 am

That link is hilarious, Stuart, and I don't want to know how you know about it. I'm also impressed at how eloquent those video store clerks are!

Lydia Love

Postby Lydia Love » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:01 pm

Stuart that is some fascinating reading!

stuart

Postby stuart » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:02 pm

memepool

Kinetic II

Postby Kinetic II » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:47 pm

A bad day suddenly takes a 180 thanks to one little link and leaves me laughing so hard it hurts. Thanks Stuart.

JezebelinHell

Postby JezebelinHell » Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:29 pm

Retail Clerks revenge!!! This site always makes me feel better after a long day of dealing with stupid people.
http://www.actsofgord.com
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."

--Poe

Isotopia

Postby Isotopia » Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:37 pm

Reminds me of one of the genuinely true disappointments of my life.

Just out of high school and needing a job for the summer. Scoured the papers for two weeks solid looking for ANYTHING that might be a challenge or stimulating.

I was still naive enough at the time to believe that the advert for a book store clerk was just that. Stocking Joyce, Hemigway, Steinbeck on teak shelves so that the hungry, literate masses could could get their fix of literature is fucking NOT what the job at the particular store entailed.

Isotopia

Postby Isotopia » Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:40 pm

{duplicate post removed}
Last edited by Isotopia on Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lydia Love

Postby Lydia Love » Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:05 pm

I once worked one shift as a "Bakers Assistant"

Did I dance around decorating cupcakes? No.

Gleefuly squirt the creamy filling into eclairs? No.

In this case being a "Bakers Assistant" consisted of stuffing hotdog buns into plastic bags for 8 hours with no breaks in the *filthiest* fucking establishment I have ever laid eyes on. No soap in the bathrooms, a woman at the bread slicer chain smoking and dropping ash onto the bread.

Anything dropped on the floor was thrown into a bin that employees could empty out at the end of the shift. Imagine my delight.

I didn't eat bread for 6 months after and became nauseated at the smell of it baking.

Never take a job where the interview process consists of "are you available?"

"Yes."

"You're hired."

Oh - and don't order toast if you eat in a restaurant in Missoula, Montana.

blyslv

Postby blyslv » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:33 am

Lydia Love wrote:INever take a job where the interview process consists of "are you available?"

"Yes."

"You're hired."

hmmm, sounds a little bit like my audition.
Fight for the fifth freedom!

Lydia Love

Postby Lydia Love » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:14 am

acting is different - I've been given a great many acting jobs on the basis that I was... you know... breathing.

Hmmm... though I was recently in the **world's worst** production of the Scottish play - cast because I was... you know... breathing. I could have saved myself some grief by being a little pickier that time.

alice

Postby alice » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:58 pm

do not take love advice from people whose social lives are more screwed up than yours.

do not take nutritional advice from anorectics.

do not trust people to help you when you most need it. drunken promises are dissapointments waiting to happen.

oh, and when your friends and family tell you they preferred you when you were stoked to the gills on painkillers, tell them to go fuck themselves.
bitch all you want - it won't change nothin.

Wind_Borne

Postby Wind_Borne » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:31 pm

Bicyclists never win against cars. So stop blowing through intersections against the red!

Yeah, I'm talking to you commen-sense-deprived Berkeley whiz kids.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
-- George Washington

Return to “Open Discussion”