Any Desert Attire photos floating around out there?

All things outside of Burning Man.
TestesInSac

Post by TestesInSac » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:38 pm

Patience wrote:So is stupidity. I've got a sledgehammer that does the trick every time. Con Fig U R 8, care to experience the cure?
How do you know that didn't start the problem?
I am my own sock puppet.

Angry Butterfly

Post by Angry Butterfly » Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:46 pm

Somebody wrote that this dude should get off the bong. It's not pot, it's speed. Probably really good medical stuff, like adderol or ritalin. It's time to stop. STOP TWEEKING. I know tweeker writing when I see it. YOUR DOCTOR IS WRONG! IT IS ALL POISON! I don't care how smart you think you are, I decided to move back in the slow lane and live my life at my own damn speed, not PHucking Phizer's.
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.

actiongrl

Post by actiongrl » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:16 am

Feels a bit like reading the Dr. Bronner's soap label, dunnit?

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:24 am

makes for a great read though huh?
even though...........

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:51 am

Drop a bad trip??
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

Lark

Post by Lark » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:51 am

Ahhh, here we go:

July 20, 2004
This Is Your Brain on Meth: A 'Forest Fire' of Damage
By SANDRA BLAKESLEE

People who do not want to wait for old age to shrink their brains and bring on memory loss now have a quicker alternative - abuse methamphetamine for a decade or so and watch the brain cells vanish into the night.

The first high-resolution M.R.I. study of methamphetamine addicts shows "a forest fire of brain damage," said Dr. Paul Thompson, an expert on brain mapping at the University of California, Los Angeles. "We expected some brain changes but didn't expect so much tissue to be destroyed."

The image, published in the June 30 issue of The Journal of Neuroscience, shows the brain's surface and deeper limbic system. Red areas show the greatest tissue loss.

The limbic region, involved in drug craving, reward, mood and emotion, lost 11 percent of its tissue. "The cells are dead and gone," Dr. Thompson said. Addicts were depressed, anxious and unable to concentrate.

The brain's center for making new memories, the hippocampus, lost 8 percent of its tissue, comparable to the brain deficits in early Alzheimer's. The methamphetamine addicts fared significantly worse on memory tests than healthy people the same age.

The study examined 22 people in their 30's who had used methamphetamine for 10 years, mostly by smoking it, and 21 controls matched for age. On average, the addicts used an average of four grams a week and said they had been high on 19 of the 30 days before the study began.

Methamphetamine is an addictive stimulant made in clandestine laboratories nationwide. When taken by mouth, snorted, injected or smoked, it produces intense pleasure by releasing the brain's reward chemical, dopamine. With chronic use, the brains that overstimulate dopamine and another brain chemical, serotonin, are permanently compromised.

The study held one other surprise, Dr. Thompson said: white matter, composed of nerve fibers that connect different areas, was severely inflamed, making the addicts' brains 10 percent larger than normal. "This was shocking," he said. But there was one piece of good news: the white matter was not dead. With abstinence, it might recover.

Copyright 2004 The New York Times Company

DVD Burner
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:37 am

Ahhhh......the good ol days when everybody got along and the posts were really funny.

Thanks Lark, I forgot about this thread.

A snapshot in time when we all used to have fun together. Alas......
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:08 pm

This is your Brain and this is your O'Brian, Conan on Late Nite!

A II Z

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:02 pm

will this work? I'm thinkin about it
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

Lark

Post by Lark » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:46 am

The ultimate reference guide for desert attire:

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Now that we've settled that

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:27 pm

How about Dessert Attire?

Psuedo mistical ramblings assemble in transcendent spirals. Where is the pie man? Where is the Pie man?

chickenfish

Post by chickenfish » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:31 pm

I'm a tired of desserts
all thos sweets rot my beak
chickenfish chickenfish you are not a pelican
chickenfish chickenfish your love is like a flea
chickenfish chickenfish your fins are so delicate
chickenfish chickenfish chicken of the sea

robbidobbs
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

Post by robbidobbs » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:53 pm

This is my idea of good desert wear...

Covered from head-to-foot in tattered rags and robes, Tusken Raiders -- or Sand People as they are also known -- brandish a deadly bladed club known as a gaderffii. They also carry projectile rifles with which to shoot at passing vehicles. The male of the species tend to be the aggressors. Females can be distinguished by their elaborate jeweled masks with eyeslits and torso-covering sand-shrouds. Tusken children wear unisex cowls and simple cloaks.

And their "art cars"...

For transportation, Sand People have domesticated the hardy bantha -- a longhaired spiral-horned quadruped also found on Tatooine. These nomads purposely travel in single file, to conceal their numbers.

Return to “Open Discussion”