not so much a discussion, but something i wanted to share...

All things outside of Burning Man.
Keltoi

Post by Keltoi » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:18 pm

Tzimisce,

I read your writings and found them to be very interesting, was the first example of your writing from a book you ar e creating? Do you write many poems also? You have the unique talent of writing, keep up the good work. I hope to read some more in the future. What type of writing do you prefer? poetry? fiction, science fiction? etc. Your writings are awesome to say the least, I wish you all the best and look forward to your future postings of your writings...
HAPPY EVER AFTER FINALLY CAME MY WAY!
DREAMS DO COME TRUE AND HAPPINESS
CAN BE FOUND WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT.

tzimisce1313

Post by tzimisce1313 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:34 pm

Keltoi wrote:Tzimisce,

I read your writings and found them to be very interesting, was the first example of your writing from a book you ar e creating? Do you write many poems also? You have the unique talent of writing, keep up the good work. I hope to read some more in the future. What type of writing do you prefer? poetry? fiction, science fiction? etc. Your writings are awesome to say the least, I wish you all the best and look forward to your future postings of your writings...
well, i haven't had a book published as of yet. i did post the first page of my novel that i am currently working on (which is stalled due to the fact that i need some expensive reference books before i go on). it's a psychological noir piece that was actually a concept that i had for a full length screen play. at some point it will be a full length screenplay. i prefer all types of writing. so, i could fancy myself a writer of many different things.

i started writing poetry when i was in high school. you know the typical angsty nonsense. got a little more creative and started writing from a vampire's point of view. and have really written for myself until i took a screenwriting class. i have one screenplay currently registered with the wga, and could be a greenlight project if i sold it to a producer, however it's a 45 page short. it works really well as a short and if i sold it, i'm afraid they's want to make a full length piece out of it. i would post some of the scenes from that, but i currently have no copy of final draft so i can't open it.

and thank you muchly for the compliment. i appreciate it very much.
i'm glad that you enjoy my writing. i just hope that i can keep on writing things to keep y'all interested. :)

girl

Is there actually...

Post by girl » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:59 pm

a thread that is truly not so much a discussion but an open forum for things someone wanted to share? I mean, sharing is great...especially when everyone does it. I certainly applaud equal opportunity sharing but I have no mind to start an e-riot.

Re: Is there actually...

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:19 pm

girl wrote:a thread that is truly not so much a discussion but an open forum for things someone wanted to share? I mean, sharing is great...especially when everyone does it. I certainly applaud equal opportunity sharing but I have no mind to start an e-riot.
Well, if you look through the threads, and can't find any topic that fits what you have in mind, start your own!

tzimisce1313

Post by tzimisce1313 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:51 am

girl wrote:a thread that is truly not so much a discussion but an open forum for things someone wanted to share? I mean, sharing is great...especially when everyone does it. I certainly applaud equal opportunity sharing but I have no mind to start an e-riot.
this is open to everyone.

i just happen to post my writing here... but really i don't frown upon anyone posting nifty little snippets of their own.

enthropic

Post by enthropic » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:14 am

I will stay away.

I found out I'm going to be a father yesterday, with my girl of eight years.
Although it is still quite a shock I don't fell the panic I would have expected. I fell a bit of fear, mostly the change in my life. I have had it on easy street for the last few years. She's due in late Aug. early Sep. It all happens to fast. I have yet to tell my family, I'm tryin to figure that one out. Guess thats why I posted it.

as if u care

James
Last edited by enthropic on Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

tzimisce1313

Inner City Life- The Joys of Sleeping in the Kitchenette pt.

Post by tzimisce1313 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:18 am

Every morning I wake up to the same thing… My head cautiously resting upon the kitchen burner. Sometimes I wish we had opted for a bigger place, rather then this tiny abomination of a tenement.

But let me give you a better idea of where I’m living. Picture the apartment that Eric Draven was living in the Crow. That’s what the building reminds me of, except with better security. But it has the kind of run down look; windows that open up to brick walls and some that even open up to these shafts… I’m not even certain where they go, and I’m too afraid to look out too far. Never know what could fall down one of those shafts.

Oh, wait I remember I had looked up one day. I have never loathed pigeons more then after that day. They are really messy... If you get what I mean.

And then there’s the apartment. The claustrophobic apartment. There’s only one bedroom, and it is nothing more then a glorified closet. How the hell do I manage in such a place? Even though I sleep with my head in the stove, it’s the only room with heat. Even though someone has the bedroom, I have the heater. As a matter of fact, every time I’m mocked about my sleeping arrangement, I think I need to mention that fact.

But I digress… It’s truly tragic when you find yourself in some weird sleeping position… one time I found myself in the refrigerator.

Now, I know that you are saying to yourself, “That’s impossible.”

Well, I would think that myself. However, one evening I had gone to sleep as I normally do. Trying to make the most out of the tiny area between the kitchenette and the wall. I had finally drifted off.

When I awoke, not only was I in the fridge, but I don’t even know what they did with the food that was in the… Oh, wait… I remember now… I still shudder at remembering what it feels to be nestled between the bread and a dozen eggs. There’s nothing better then the feeling of cold margarine against the skin.

But this is what gets me more… How did I not notice them doing it? I never thought I was that deep a sleeper… Guess I am. However, I did manage to make myself feel better for it. I just reached for the beer that was nestled right next to my butt cheeks and forced the door open with my drink in hand.

Now that was a weird evening. But I guess it beats waking up in the stove entirely. But that is another story altogether.

girl

Post by girl » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:12 pm

as if u care

James[/quote]

I care...I say congratulations!!!!! Life is hard, life is unexpected, but life is beautiful.

Trust me...I know.

Last Real Burner

You're just being funny James...

Post by Last Real Burner » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:04 pm

You couldn't find a more caring thoughtful group of people to be around. Some of them are strange but they still care in a 44 magnum sort of way.

"If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments. "

caringly,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

Keltoi

Post by Keltoi » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:29 pm

:D Congrats Enth. I am very happy for you and wish you and your family the best with the new baby..... :D

Tzismice,

Once again, I like your style of writing keep up the good work... :D
HAPPY EVER AFTER FINALLY CAME MY WAY!
DREAMS DO COME TRUE AND HAPPINESS
CAN BE FOUND WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT.

Sobretta Franjipan

Post by Sobretta Franjipan » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:59 pm

Me like Patience's "Canto"

tzimisce1313

Thank You

Post by tzimisce1313 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:38 pm

I’m sorry,
I’m sorry for the heartache,
The drama
The pain.
I’m sorry that you feel drained.
I never wanted to cause you any harm.
But I want to thank you.
Thank you for loving me,
Thank you for caring.
You have showed me the road.
And I was too stubborn until now to take it.
I only hope that it is not too late,
As I take this road alone.
You may decide whatever may make your heart content.
Whatever the choice,
I love you.
If you decide to walk away,
I love you,
That will never change.

enthropic

You are all beautiful!

Post by enthropic » Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:41 pm

It would have been a honon to have joind you this year. However, I do not think I will be missing to much. This will be more fun "I think". We always have next year, and plenty of grandparents.

And I did not mean to implied that you all did not care.

Thank you!!
Knothing is seperate. Everything is One.
Illusion blinds us. Understanding is enlightenment.
James

joel the ornery
Burning Since: 1998
Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares

Girls for Sale

Post by joel the ornery » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:11 am

January 17, 2004
Girls for Sale
By NICHOLAS D. KRISTOF

POIPET, Cambodia

One thinks of slavery as an evil confined to musty sepia photographs. But there are 21st-century versions of slaves as well, girls like Srey Neth.

I met Srey Neth, a lovely, giggly wisp of a teenager, here in the wild smuggling town of Poipet in northwestern Cambodia. Girls here are bought and sold, but there is an important difference compared with the 19th century: many of these modern slaves will be dead of AIDS by their 20's.

Some 700,000 people are trafficked around the world each year, many of them just girls. They form part of what I believe will be the paramount moral challenge we will face in this century: to address the brutality that is the lot of so many women in the developing world. Yet it's an issue that gets little attention and that most American women's groups have done shamefully little to address.

Poipet, 220 miles on bouncy roads from Phnom Penh, is a dusty collection of dirt alleys lined with brothels, where teenage girls clutch at any man walking by. It has a reputation as one of the wildest places in Cambodia, an anything-goes town ruled by drugs, gangs, gambling and prostitution.

The only way to have access to the girls is to appear to be a customer. So I put out the word that I wanted to meet young girls and stayed at the seedy $8-a-night Phnom Pich Guest House — and a woman who is a pimp soon brought Srey Neth to my room.

Srey Neth claimed to be 18 but looked several years younger. She insisted at first (through my Khmer interpreter) that she was free and not controlled by the guesthouse. But soon she told her real story: a female cousin had arranged her sale and taken her to the guesthouse. Now she was sharing a room with three other prostitutes, and they were all pimped to guests.

"I can walk around in Poipet, but only with a close relative of the owner," she said. "They keep me under close watch.They do not let me go out alone. They're afraid I would run away."

Why not try to escape at night?

"They would get me back, and something bad would happen. Maybe a beating. I heard that when a group of girls tried to escape, they locked them in the rooms and beat them up."

"What about the police?" I asked. "Couldn't you call out to the police for help?"

"The police wouldn't help me because they get bribes from the brothel owners," Srey Neth said, adding that senior police officials had come to the guesthouse for sex with her.

I asked Srey Neth how much it would cost to buy her freedom. She named an amount equivalent to $150.

"Do you really want to leave?" I asked. "Are you sure you wouldn't come back to this?"

She had been watching TV and listlessly answering my questions. Now she turned abruptly and snorted. "This is a hell," she said sharply, speaking with passion for the first time. "You think I want to do this?"

Another girl, Srey Mom, grabbed at me as I walked down the street. She wouldn't let go, tugging me toward the inner depths of her brothel — but she looked so young and pitiable that I couldn't help thinking that she really wanted me to tug her away.

So I did. I paid the owner $8 to spring her for the evening and then took her away for an interview. (Photographs of both girls are at www.nytimes.com/kristof.)

The owner let Srey Mom go out unsupervised, it turned out, partly because she had been a prostitute for several years and was trusted to return — and partly because her dark complexion meant that she was of little value anyway. The brothel sold her to men for just $2.50, compared with the $10 commanded by the lighter-skinned Srey Neth.

I asked Srey Mom what her freedom would cost. Payment of about $70 in debts to her brothel owner, she said. Two girls in her brothel had been freed after they found boyfriends who paid their debts, she said, and she spoke of her longing to see her sisters and the rest of her family in her village on the other side of Cambodia.

"Do you really want to leave the brothel?" I asked.

"I love myself," she answered simply. "I do not want to let my life be destroyed by what I'm doing now."

That's when I made a firm decision I'd been toying with for some time: I would try to buy freedom for these two girls and return them to their families. I'll tell you in my column on Wednesday what happens next.

joel the ornery

Girls for Sale

Post by joel the ornery » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:36 am

Hello everyone,

Sometimes I realize just how good my life is... despite all the trials and tribulations I perceive.

sincerely,

Joel Weidinger

que.f.o.

Parenting

Post by que.f.o. » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:40 am

James, your about to enter a wild time of your life. It will be the hardest thing you will ever undertake. It likely will also be the most gratifying. Looking at it from the other side (almost) with a 18yo and a 14yo, I can truthfully say life would of been significantly easier without kids. But having talented, accomplished children is what I'm most proud of. Good luck. Feel free to PM me if you need someone to bounce frights or ideas off of.

Eric
Is it time to Burn yet?

joel the ornery

War of Ideas, Part 4

Post by joel the ornery » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:15 am

A few more thoughts...

January 18, 2004
War of Ideas, Part 4
By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN

Let's not mince words. American policy today toward the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is insane.

Can anyone look at what is happening — Palestinians, gripped by a collective madness, committing suicide, and Israelis, under a leadership completely adrift, building more settlements so fanatical Jews can live in the heart of Palestinian-populated areas — and not conclude the following: That these two nations are locked in an utterly self-destructive vicious cycle that threatens Israel's long-term viability, poisons America's image in the Middle East, undermines any hope for a Palestinian state and weakens pro-American Arab moderates. No, you can't draw any other conclusion. Yet the Bush team, backed up by certain conservative Jewish and Christian activist groups, believes that the correct policy is to do nothing. Well, that is my definition of insane.

Israel must get out of the West Bank and Gaza Strip as soon as possible and evacuate most of the settlements. I have long advocated this, but it is now an urgent necessity. Otherwise, the Jewish state is in peril. Ideally, this withdrawal should be negotiated along the Clinton plan. But if necessary, it should be done unilaterally. This can't happen too soon, and the U.S. should be forcing it.

Why? First, because the Arab-Muslim world, which for so long has been on vacation from globalization, modernization and liberalization, is realizing that vacation is over. There is not enough oil wealth anymore to cushion or employ the huge population growth happening in the region. Every Arab country is going to have to make a wrenching adjustment. Israel needs to get out of the way and reduce its nodes of friction with the Muslim world as it goes through this unstable and at times humiliating catch-up.

Second, three dangerous trends are converging around Israel. One is a massive population explosion across the Arab world. The second is the worst interpersonal violence ever between Israelis and Palestinians. And the third is an explosion of Arab multimedia — from Al Jazeera to the Internet. What's happening is that this Arab media explosion is feeding the images of this Israeli-Palestinian violence to this Arab population explosion — radicalizing it and melding in the heads of young Arabs and Muslims the notion that the biggest threat to their future is J.I.A. — "Jews, Israel and America."

Israel's withdrawal is not a cure-all for this. Israel will still be despised. But if it withdraws to an internationally recognized border, it will have the moral high ground, the strategic high ground and the demographic high ground to protect itself. After Israel withdrew from Lebanon, the Hezbollah militia, on the other side, went on hating Israel and harassing the border — but it never tried to launch an invasion. Why? Hezbollah knew it would have no legitimacy — in the world or in Lebanon — for breaching that U.N.-approved border. And if it tried, Israel would be able to use its full military weight to retaliate. Demographically speaking, if Israel does not relinquish the West Bank and Gaza, the Palestinians will soon outnumber the Jews and Israel will become either an apartheid state or a non-Jewish state.

Moreover, an Israeli withdrawal will strip the worst Arab leaders of an excuse not to reform, it will create more space for the best Arab leaders to move forward and it will give Palestinians something to protect.

In sum, Israel should withdraw from the territories, not because it is weak, but because it must remain strong; not because Israel is wrong, but because Zionism is a just cause that the occupation is undermining; not because the Arabs would warmly embrace a smaller Israel, but because a smaller Israel, in internationally recognized boundaries, will be much more defensible; not because it will eliminate Islamic or European anti-Semitism, but because it will reduce it by reducing the daily friction; not because it would mean giving into an American whim, but because nothing would strengthen America's influence in the Muslim world, help win the war of ideas and therefore better protect Israel than this.

The Bush team rightly speaks of bringing justice to Iraq. It rightly denounces Palestinian suicide madness. But it says nothing about the injustice of the Israeli land grab in the West Bank. The Bush team destroyed the Iraqi regime in three weeks and has not persuaded Israel to give up one settlement in three years. To think America can practice that sort of hypocrisy and win the war of ideas in the Arab-Muslim world is a truly dangerous fantasy.

tzimisce1313

Phoenix Rising

Post by tzimisce1313 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:19 am

from these bitter ashes i rise,
struggling with demons past,
yearning for a glorious future.
strong ties keep me fettered to the putrid waste,
i search for the stregth to burst free.
such strength comes slowly.
i will fly free,
unfettered,
unbound.
i will achieve the inner peace,
the beauty that comes with truly knowing,
feeling,
understanding yourself.
to be free of the fear,
the insecurity,
the inane chatter of self-loathing.
one in soul and mind.
self-actualization of a whole,
loosing it's worser half.
free,
soul,
mind,
body,
heart.
free.

tzimisce1313

Post by tzimisce1313 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:33 am

You stand before me,
The many twinkling lights of the nighttime city reflect in your eyes.
Your smile,
It says the world to me.
You mouth opens,
No words come out.
The sonata of the night flies in on swift wings,
And wings us to the blue pacific.
The waters pound the beach,
To the beating of my heart.
Your arms wrap around me,
Pulling me closer.
“I love you.”,
You whisper into my ear.
I gasp,
I cry,
I smile.
With those words,
You capture my soul.
In your eyes,
I see a future divine.
Something so wonderful,
That I can no longer deny.
And to that,
I cannot leave you.
Too close do I feel,
Like two souls intertwined.
And that is most beautiful to me.

DVD Burner
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:47 am

I just want to push tzimisce1313 to the top. She deserves it.
(IMHO)
:wink:
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

tzimisce1313

Post by tzimisce1313 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:40 am

well, thank you very much. :)

now i feel all giddy... like a little school girl. :wink:

joel the ornery

My friends, I've chosen my America.

Post by joel the ornery » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:57 am

My Anti-Stump Speech
By WILLIAM SAFIRE

WASHINGTON — The other night, a woman came up to me and said: "Mr. Candidate — I have a 12-year-old son growing up fast. He said to me, `Momma, I need new shoes because these old ones with the holes hurt my feet and the other kids in school are laughing at me.' But I couldn't afford no $50 on new shoes made in America."

So I said — what did you do, Momma?

"I took him to a factory outlet center. In the back of the Rockport store they were having a clearance of shoes made in China or Indo-someplace. I bought him a pair of fine leather shoes for $24. You shoulda seen my boy's face light up."

Free trade is helping that lady make ends meet because her hard-earned dollar now has more buying power. If those fast-talking protectionists had their way, the high cost of living would deny her boy those shoes.

You want proof? Back in 2000, the last Clinton year, inflation jumped up toward 4 percent. Those higher prices sent real average weekly wages down by half a percent, first time in years. Her "higher" earnings bought less.

But today, inflation is way down. Why? Because workers have better tools and software to help them produce more in the same time, and because cheap clothes from overseas help keep prices down. Those dirty words — "productivity" and "outsourcing" — are raising Americans' standard of living.

Have the politicians on the stump —so certain that America cannot compete in the new, global economy — scared you with those words? Is your job really in danger of being stolen by prisoners in China or children in India?

Fearmongers want you to believe that unemployment is getting worse. Just the opposite is true: We've come down from over 6 percent to five and a half, but the troubadours of trouble have changed the rules about what is good news. Whenever the unemployment rate drops, gloomy-Gus politicians insist "it's because people have given up hope and stopped looking for jobs." But back when unemployment was going up, did you ever hear "it's because people are hopeful and more are out looking for jobs"? Never.

And media fearmongers never report the happy decline in unemployment rates without making the lead "but the rate of job increases is lower than expected." From Democrats, all you hear is the mantra "biggest job loss under Bush since Hoover."

But let's ask the pessimists: When did the job boom of the 90's begin to turn around? Who was in charge when that new measuring stick, "job creation," started to show the news turning bad? It was in the year 2000, when unemployment was low and the stock market bubble was bursting. At the end of Clinton's last year, there were 380,000 fewer new jobs created than had been created at the end of 1999.

And where were Senators Kerry and Edwards then, when job creation started to slump? Not a peep out of either. With their fellow Democrats in charge, they closed their eyes to job growth declining and the hard time coming at us.

Only now — when the Bush tax cuts have stimulated a solid new prosperity, and hundreds of thousands of new jobs are being created again — have these Democrats discovered what an awful legacy their party left.

Only now is the tax-raiser from Massachusetts announcing speeches on job creation, calling low-cost producers traitors, reversing a lifetime's votes on free trade. Only now is the anti-free-trader from North Carolina reviving fears of Ross Perot's "great sucking sound" pulling jobs across our borders, and trying to minimize the impact of this year's bullish stock market on retirement plans of working families.

I stand here before you in my $24 Rockport shoes — yes, I went and bought a pair; my momma didn't raise no fool — and say yes, there are "two Americas."

Pessimistic America is pandered to by politicians demanding tariff walls and costly entitlements, preaching resentment, envy, anger, class war.

Optimistic America responds to competition, opportunity, openness, freedom — ready to do the business that not only creates tomorrow's jobs but spreads the prosperity that leads to peace around the world.

My friends, I've chosen my America. I hope it's yours.

Force

Re: My friends, I've chosen my America.

Post by Force » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:25 pm

WILLIAM SAFIRE wrote:Free trade is helping that lady make ends meet because her hard-earned dollar now has more buying power. If those fast-talking protectionists had their way, the high cost of living would deny her boy those shoes.

Those dirty words — "productivity" and "outsourcing" — are raising Americans' standard of living.
To a certain point, which is known as the point of diminishing returns. When all or most or some significant percentage of products are produced outside of america and even customer service jobs are done in india etc., and we have vast hordes of people unemployed and therefore underbidding each other to death for hard undesireable manual labor jobs, there's not gonna be much currency in that strata of the economy keeping our economic engine running.
WILLIAM SAFIRE wrote:Fearmongers want you to believe that unemployment is getting worse. Just the opposite is true: We've come down from over 6 percent to five and a half, but the troubadours of trouble have changed the rules about what is good news. Whenever the unemployment rate drops, gloomy-Gus politicians insist "it's because people have given up hope and stopped looking for jobs." But back when unemployment was going up, did you ever hear "it's because people are hopeful and more are out looking for jobs"? Never.
I'll be impressed by this when they count unemployment in a real way, which includes people who've been unemployed longer than the length of time they're eligible for unemployment benefits, or people who were self-employed, who are not eligible.
WILLIAM SAFIRE wrote:And media fearmongers never report the happy decline in unemployment rates without making the lead "but the rate of job increases is lower than expected." From Democrats, all you hear is the mantra "biggest job loss under Bush since Hoover."
Other than name-calling, did you have a point here? Because I must have missed it.
WILLIAM SAFIRE wrote:Optimistic America responds to competition, opportunity, openness, freedom — ready to do the business that not only creates tomorrow's jobs but spreads the prosperity that leads to peace around the world.
Well, you probably consider yourself a pretty intelligent guy, Mr. Safire- maybe you could spell out for us exactly what kind of jobs we should be training ourselves for when physical labor, telephone customer service, software creation, accounting, and design jobs are all going outside america? Or in simpler terms, now that we've gone from exporting jobs that only require physical labor to exporting jobs that basically process knowledge, where does one go from knowledge?
WILLIAM SAFIRE wrote:My friends, I've chosen my America. I hope it's yours.
You smug fucking media tool. It's easy enough to sit there comfortable in the fact that you rely on your writing style, and unreproducable (hmmm, well, somewhat) product only you can provide, as you write in vague, general terms about how somehow, some way, the determined in america will find a way to retrain themselves faster than their jobs can be exported while providing no suggestions of how exactly to go about it.

Force

What the hell happened to the edit button?

Post by Force » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:27 pm

Ok, your turn to weigh in on this one Tancorix.

tzimisce1313

A Little Fairy Tale- Or Just Preaching to the Choir :wink:

Post by tzimisce1313 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:53 pm

Once upon a time, there was this girl.
She was never very attractive.
She was overweight, and poor; all of which never boded well for children, especially in a middle class society.
She was constantly mocked for her clothes.
She hit puberty at a very young age.
The other children would laugh at her.
She never quite understood why she could never fit in.
She found solace in books, drawing and other forms of art.
She found friends amongst the artists, intellectuals and theatre folk.
She never was seen as wholly attractive.
But that didn't matter.
She had been able to find solace amogst the disenfranchised.

Zephryus

Post by Zephryus » Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:57 am

Joel and Force - can I make a friendly request that you guys take your discussion to another thread? What you're doing is the equivalent of starting a good ol' fashioned bar brawl - inside a coffee shop on open mike night. With Tzimisce being drowned out by the noise. So please, be respectful and take it outside. Thanks.

DVD Burner
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:03 am

Zephryus wrote:Joel and Force - can I make a friendly request that you guys take your discussion to another thread? What you're doing is the equivalent of starting a good ol' fashioned bar brawl - inside a coffee shop on open mike night. With Tzimisce being drowned out by the noise. So please, be respectful and take it outside. Thanks.
An atempt to explain this very same point was done before via Lilly Flower.

http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic. ... ght=#34356
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

tzimisce1313

Post by tzimisce1313 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:52 pm

zephryus and dvd burner: thank you.

i don't mind political debate. i actually enjoy it. however, i've noticed that arguments have a tendency to flare up in a place of art.

i think that zephryus's analogy said it best.

Zephryus

Post by Zephryus » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:28 pm

Well, they certainly seem to have taken the gentlemanly route and continued their debate in private. Prose away.

joel the ornery

Restating the obvious....

Post by joel the ornery » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:10 pm

The name of the thread is... "not so much a discussion, but something i wanted to share...."

I really don't have to expain myself to anyone.

Return to “Open Discussion”