No
16%
No
16%

Total votes: 38

Apollonaris Zeus

UFO Sightings on the Playa

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:47 pm

Another report of UFO, remember all that means is the the Object is Unidentified!

I make no clams of Alien Life Forms nor have I had even seen a space travel ship, but I think that I was abducted, but that's another story and it was my ex looking for tantrum sex.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/14/ufo.si ... index.html

AIIZ

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:58 pm

Zeus, what's the difference between tantrum sex and tantric sex??
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

BAS
Burning Since: 2006

Post by BAS » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:18 pm

:? Wait. How can I vote in that poll? I want to put down a "Yes" for UFOs and a "No" for Alien Visitations.... :?
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:57 am

I dunno know about visitations.. but it would seem like a waste of space if we were the only planet with life. Its pretty fookin big out there ya know. I just hope I dont get kidnapped and anal probed anytime soon.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.

bigbluedoggy
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Post by bigbluedoggy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:39 am

Maybe I'm a bit strange (no doubt really) but I rather hope to be abducted one day. I'm sure I'd be terrified at the time, but I think the experience would be worth the fright. I have yet to see a UFO, and I study the night skies quite often and spend a lot of time in the Southern California deserts. Maybe I have been looking too hard.....
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - located in the 3:00 Plaza at G for 2019! Look for our art installation too: The Temple uv Enlightenment!

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:54 am

can't sit still wrote:Zeus, what's the difference between tantrum sex and tantric sex??
Tantric Sex= the ablility to withhold orgasm

Tantric Sex=the reaction of withholding orgasm, i.e. honey when do I get to cum, you fucking had 10 already!

AIIZ

BitterDan

Post by BitterDan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:24 pm

I have seen plenty of UFO's on the playa. I have not, however, seen any alien visitors. Just because I see something in the sky that I cannot identify does not mean that aliens are upon us. I overheard many people seeing skydivers and staring at the sky in bewilderment before I told them, "that is a sky diver".

While I do believe that the universe holds myriads of life outside of the planet earth, I don't believe that any of them even know we exist. Look out into the night sky, all you see is little tiny dots of light that are, for the most part, entire galaxies of billions and billions of stars. That being the case it would be nearly impossible for us to single out even one solar system that is capable of supporting life (as we understand it) let alone a single planet or moon of a planet (because it's not just planets that could support life). So unless the other lifeform is actively seeking us out over LONG periods of time (think about millions of years) then the likelihood of us encountering these life forms will be very slim.

The same stands in reverse, for them to find us they would have to be actively looking for us and considering that we have only discovered radio frequency (let alone microwave and gamma frequency) around 70 years ago, only the absolute nearest of our neighboring stars would just now be receiving our very first broadcasts (assuming they are even looking). Take that on a grander scale and consider that the Milky Way galaxy is 100,000 light years across and 1000 light years thick. That means that our radio signals (which travel at the speed of light by the way) will not reach the farthest extents of even our own galaxy for another 100,000 years.

Now consider the entirety of human history on this planet (I am talking about our known history and not the first ancestors of the human race) is only approximately 5000 years (and that is a generous number considering we know very little about civilization 5000 years ago). Even if we had been broadcasting a "hello universe" signal that entire time we would still have only reached a tiny percentage of our own galaxy, let alone another galaxy entirely.

What am I getting at here? I'll tell you. With all the things above considered, only the absolute closest solar systems to us would be receiving any signal of life on earth just now and it would take them at least as long as it took our signal to reach them to respond. Think about that. That means that if they just received our first transmissions from 70 years ago and responded, we would have to wait another 70 years for that response to reach earth. If it takes THAT long for us to even have a simple phone call with another lifeform, imagine how long it would take us to actually meet them. Even assuming that somehow they have overcome the Mass to Energy paradox (you know E=MC^2) and can travel at near the speed of light, only our closest neighbors would be able to travel here in any reasonable amount of time.

The other thing to consider is that alien lifeforms have "stumbled" across earth. My response to that is, "Why would they bother coming here then?". Unless you are within our own atmosphere, you wouldn't even know there was life on earth. It would look like, to steal the line from Carl Sagan, a pale blue dot with no interesting features whatsoever. Basically for alien lifeforms to stumble across our planet, it would be like having a 10 mile long sheet of paper (actually bigger but that's the example I am going with) that has ONE pinpoint dot on it and throwing a dart, blindfolded, and hitting that dot precisely. Odds are, that's not going to happen any time soon.
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)

mereth

Post by mereth » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:44 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Okay, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?

BitterDan

Post by BitterDan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Hahah great vid. What's that from?

mereth

Post by mereth » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life" -
same source as "Every Sperm is Sacred" and
"The Penis Song" (my personal favorite).

Here's another favorite "Universe Song":
[youtube][/youtube]
Okay, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:50 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

BitterDan

Post by BitterDan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:00 pm

First Video: Ok, I can see how some people would immediately draw the conclusion that this unknown, unexplained phenomenon was in fact, alien lifeforms in flying saucers. It is similar to ancient times when people would have described such a phenomenon as created by God. Personally, being the skeptic that I am, would not draw the conclusion that lights in the sky equaled alien life nor divine action. And those lights are skydivers. :D

Second Video: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:59 pm

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:
can't sit still wrote:Zeus, what's the difference between tantrum sex and tantric sex??
Tantric Sex= the ablility to withhold orgasm

Tantric Sex=the reaction of withholding orgasm, i.e. honey when do I get to cum, you fucking had 10 already!

I meant the spelling of the second definition to be "tantrum" not tantric, but I'm sure you got the message.

It's late and I will respond to your other posts soon.

AIIZ

BAS

Post by BAS » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:46 pm

After some thought, I have concluded that "Alien Visitations" could mean Mexicans, Canadians, French, and other folks from across the border; therefore, I have finally decided upon a "Yes" vote.

I will now return you to your thread, and myself to my vodka and V8 Fusion Lite.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:00 am

I thought Larry was a UFO....hey...bigtime sightings in Stephenville TX. I'm goin to Marfa soon. With camera. They are there and they ain't Mexican.
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

Green Wood

Post by Green Wood » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:18 am

Yes, there were reports of a strange Alien wearing a Hat asking direction to the Black Rock Desert. Must have been his Alter-Universe copy.

Oh those texans, their lies are as big as the state!

http://www.npr.org/templates/player/med ... 01-16-2008

AZ
I might be green, but I can burn brite with the help of my playa friends!

Green Wood

Post by Green Wood » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:32 am

Here is a new update:

http://www.npr.org/templates/player/med ... m=18146257

I'm Hungry!

[youtube][/youtube]

AZ
I might be green, but I can burn brite with the help of my playa friends!

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:45 pm

UFO sightings on the History channel now-

UFO Hunters!

Check it out!

AIIZ

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:49 pm

Want me to find all the youtube vids for skydivers.. I mean UFOS from the playa?

I'm sure there's plenty. I still like to fake UFOS.. I had a blast the last time I did it. I wanna try some EL button cell powered blimp r/c next. Strappin a motor on my back and flyin with a chute at night with fireworks, flares, lights etc just doesn't do it for me anymore. Plus I think alot of folks have caught on. I need to make something alot bigger, maybe something 50ft around would get some publicity.

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Here is a video from Italy. It made the news there. Note how fast this ship leaves the area. It's not a Harrier jet the only other ship that can act like this.

[youtube][/youtube]

On this video, check out the traction beams which look like strings. Those aliens are very smart to conceal them like that.

[youtube][/youtube]

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:55 am

Hey Zeus, I got some good infra-red film of the Marfa lights last night during the full lunar eclipse. The lights are not distant car lights as thought by some, they behave in a too patterned, odd manner for that. What are they? I don't think they're extraterrestrial, but they are definitely super odd and bear more study. Settlers are said to have seen them before technology came around.

Extraterrestrial landing beacons? They would seem too erratic or unpredictable for landing lights...video soon
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

dana

Post by dana » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:46 pm

bigbluedoggy wrote:but I rather hope to be abducted one day. I'm sure I'd be terrified at the time, but I think the experience would be worth the fright.
I used to work down in Colorado's hot spot for wierdness - the San Luis Valley. Site of frequent UFO sightings, truly unexplainable cattle mutilations, and other oddities.
I have seen a few strange things and had the chance to talk to a few clear headed sheriffs, police and ranchers. They had some interesting details to tell.
Its the only place I ever witnessed "drop attacks". People with no history of seizures would suddenly lose much of their motor function and just start acting goofy. Their friends would bring them into the ER, where we'd toss them on a gurney and then about a half hour later, they'd suddenly snap out of it.
I mention the drop attacks because I suspect they might be related to what the (scant) evidence suggests is happening with so-called abductions. Many of these people have an intriguing similarity prior to their abductions - odd experiences with electricity, or as some people call it bioelectrical phenomena. They can't keep digital watches running, lights or machinery suddenly turns on or explodes in their presence, etc. (I cant remember who it was, but someone on the eplaya was talking about their own similar experiences.) People who know Whitley Striebner said they noticed these things happening around him. (Remember the wierd electrical stuff from 'Close Encounters'? Thats from the "reports".)
I think its a kind of uncontrolled trance state.

Other odd facts about the San Luis Valley. Some of the cattle mutilations have findings very similar to what they observe with crop circles - peculiar findings with plants that appear "swirled", partially covering the cow.

To quote the lion -

I do, I do, I do believe!!!

sort of...

BitterDan

Post by BitterDan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:53 pm

Some of the cattle mutilations have findings very similar to what they observe with crop circles
Aren't crop circles a proven hoax?

dana

Post by dana » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:13 pm

BitterDan wrote:
Some of the cattle mutilations have findings very similar to what they observe with crop circles
Aren't crop circles a proven hoax?
Have you read any of the information from the people who started researching them? Lots of very peculiar findings.
Yeah, they have documented that some people are out there making generally basic crop circles, but not to my knowlege any of the highly complex designs.
The key difference is that when people make them, they have to break or cut the grain stalks. The "naturally" occuring article has very distinct findings where the stalks are sort of "bent". The bend occurs right at the growth nodes, and when they look at the node under microscopy they find that they appear almost imploded. I read the description as appearing as if they were exposed to microwaves applied right at the node. Another difference is that the grain stalks have an interesting "swirl" pattern that is hard to reproduce by simply bashing the grain stalks down.
Also there have been reports of these things appearing over a 15 minute interval (while someone flew over in a plane and then circled back later.)
The advanced geometric perfection including fractal geometry, size, and progressive complexity over time also argues against a hoax.

The same thing applies to the cattle mutilations. Some are definitely natural phenomena, and others couldn't be reproduced by any technology I'm aware of (to produce a perfect coring cut right through skin, fascia and bone with a clean line and no fragments of the bone.)

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:48 pm

I believe in Extrarterrestrial life. Just seems arrogant to assume that humans on earth are the only ones capable of crawling from the ooze. Out of the trillions of stars and planets circling them, it seems like a pretty simple bet.

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:13 pm

cowboyangel wrote:Hey Zeus, I got some good infra-red film of the Marfa lights last night during the full lunar eclipse. The lights are not distant car lights as thought by some, they behave in a too patterned, odd manner for that. What are they? I don't think they're extraterrestrial, but they are definitely super odd and bear more study. Settlers are said to have seen them before technology came around.
CAn't wait!

What would life be without videos. I heard cavemen used to jack off to still images at one time!

Near where I grew up in NJ there is similar phenomenon of lights. The hooker man of Long Valley. The myth tells of a train conductor that fell off the back of a train and lost his arm as the train ran him over. He waves his conductor lantern back and forth over railroad tracks. I've seen it. We staged friends around it. Rushed the site after seeing them and nothing. We found nothing. Other people have done the same thing. Scientists have suggested an anomaly of electrical geo-static buildup amplified or concentrated by the tracks. They don't even appear in the same spot.

Could the Marfa Lights be another form of geo-static charges?

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:24 pm

dana wrote:
I used to work down in Colorado's hot spot for wierdness - the San Luis Valley.

Its the only place I ever witnessed "drop attacks". People with no history of seizures would suddenly lose much of their motor function and just start acting goofy.
It was the pot or the potatoes. They grew both out in the valley along many of the springs. They were contaminated with heavy metals.

I used to live in Del Norte along the San Juans in San Luis Valley.

The People were funny there.

AIIZ

dana

Post by dana » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:40 pm

Apollonaris Zeus wrote: I used to live in Del Norte along the San Juans in San Luis Valley.

The People were funny there.

AIIZ
I'll second that! There's an air of desperation there. One of the poorest counties in the US. Lots of old family hispanics. Also seems like higher levels of fear, superstition, frustration, anger.

Which leads into this question - if you're going to have some strange unexplained phenomena happen in your area, does it seem mere coincidence that the San Luis Valley gets freaky cattle mutilations while the Brittish get these really cool and beautiful enigmas dropped onto the canvas of their grain fields?

I think it was in the film 'Southland Tales' (the latest from the director of Donnie Darko). It was this great image of this fantastic crop circle design being harvested by a combine.
No worries! The wheat is perfectly fine.

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:54 pm

I miss Wolf Creek Ski Area. They are on their way to break the average snow pack with the next storm: ave 465", present 458"! Two more months of skiing left!

Could be a record of a record year.
mdmf007 wrote:I believe in Extraterrestrial life. Just seems arrogant to assume that humans on earth are the only ones capable of crawling from the ooze. Out of the trillions of stars and planets circling them, it seems like a pretty simple bet.
I'm positive about extraterrestrial life. Simple life form will be found on several planets in our solar system. Higher intelligent life forms most likely not on the other planets in our solar system. But scientists believe that there are billion of similar planets to our own.

Dan believes that without radio transmissions there is no way to prove of their existence. In a way, I agree. Unless, we have physical proof, i.e. a spaceship with aliens, it is only speculation. But, we have a problem with solar and space background radio interference since the transmissions would be very weak. Also where do you point the antennae? These so called inhabitable planets are small and we have only discovered a few. We first have to find their present position and mathematically find their past positions. what about space drift. Time warping. Lens or gravitaional distortion. Add in our own planets radio interference and we just miss or can't hear them.

The Solution is to put a radio dishes on the dark side of the moon away and out of our own and planets interference.

By that time that happens, we will know where to point them.

AIIZ

Rolan Headon

Post by Rolan Headon » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:52 pm

Years ago there was an interesting report on cattle mutilations. A country sheriff had stationed men to watch over carcasses all night and they'd seen nothing but the cattle were mutilated anyway. Finally, night filming revealed ...weasels boring in thru the anuses and eating parts of their favorite organs, "surgically removing" them. They'd expected to catch hippies, aliens or satanists. Don't know if it's true but it might make as much sense as anything else.

As big as the cosmos gets, it could get just as small going the other way. Read your science fiction.

What about the supposed infinite number of parallel universes? (And does that imply a finite number of perpendicular universes...)

If we could go to other worlds now...just think of all the "Indians" waiting to be civilized and "waste" planets we could develop. Damn, let's get rich!

And what if there are "billions and billions of Carl Sagans'? (as the New Yorker cartoon had it.)

Who could doubt that a sky full of ideal incubator suns and planets harbors many lifeforms?

As far as the vastness problems mentioned by BitterDan, perhaps mental contact of some sort would be more likely. (The search for intelligent life on earth goes on...)
Was born late and falling ever further behind, will soon be in the lead.

Return to “Open Discussion”