34%
No
16%
No
16%

Total votes: 38

dana

Post by dana » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:00 pm

[quote="Rolan Headon"]Years ago there was an interesting report on cattle mutilations. A country sheriff had stationed men to watch over carcasses all night and they'd seen nothing but the cattle were mutilated anyway. Finally, night filming revealed ...weasels boring in thru the anuses and eating parts of their favorite organs, "surgically removing" them. They'd expected to catch hippies, aliens or satanists. Don't know if it's true but it might make as much sense as anything else.

What about the supposed infinite number of parallel universes? (And does that imply a finite number of perpendicular universes...)

quote]

Yep, thats the "natural" product. It doesn't account for the other ones. I talked to one rancher who had lost most of his small herd, so they had the chance to closely observe the effects.
When the real thing happens, they noted that the scavenger type animals avoid them. They would see the tracks heading in the direction and then taking a detour around them.
Weasels... hmm? Well Frank Zappa aside, a weasel would have considerable difficulty taking down a large hefer or bull. (The ranchers would wait through the night with evening finding the animals alive, and morning finding them dead and mutilated with no signs of what happened while they stayed up watching.) Also a weasel would have difficulty lifting a bull up and then dropping it down onto its head. Ditto with a clear core cut through bone and tissue.

I don't think its caused by aliens either.

Paralel universes? How about multiple enfolded universes? Supposedly some physicists are working on such a model right now.

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:18 pm

Mutulations have basically been debunked and I haven't seen one on the playa since the DPW where given extra rations

AIIZ

BitterDan

Post by BitterDan » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:23 pm

Have you read any of the information from the people who started researching them? Lots of very peculiar findings.
Yeah, they have documented that some people are out there making generally basic crop circles, but not to my knowlege any of the highly complex designs.
The key difference is that when people make them, they have to break or cut the grain stalks. The "naturally" occuring article has very distinct findings where the stalks are sort of "bent". The bend occurs right at the growth nodes, and when they look at the node under microscopy they find that they appear almost imploded. I read the description as appearing as if they were exposed to microwaves applied right at the node. Another difference is that the grain stalks have an interesting "swirl" pattern that is hard to reproduce by simply bashing the grain stalks down.
Not extensively but from what I have seen of those guys in England who call crop circles thier art project they make the circles do exactly the things you mention above. It's not aliens, it's art...
I believe in Extrarterrestrial life. Just seems arrogant to assume that humans on earth are the only ones capable of crawling from the ooze. Out of the trillions of stars and planets circling them, it seems like a pretty simple bet.
Hey, i believe in Extraterrestrial life too! I just doubt that they've ever made it to Earth nor have any reason to hang around. See my rant on page 1 for the reasons why I dont think they have been here.
As far as the vastness problems mentioned by BitterDan, perhaps mental contact of some sort would be more likely.
Ok... So once we master telepathy and discover a parralel universe that we can somehow send our thoughts into without destroying existence then maybe, just maybe we could communicate. However, that wouldn't be "alien" life would it? It would be parallel-terrestrial life.
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)

dana

Post by dana » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:40 pm

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:Mutulations have basically been debunked
AIIZ
Well of course!
Evrything has been debunked : UFO's, crop circles, the whole ugly morass of spirituality and religion (God or the Gods, Scientology, the bible, chakras, kundalini, reincarnation), acupuncture, chi gong, the wild claims of Obama, etc etc - all nonsense. It was all just a neurotic desire to assign meaning and value where there was none. Blind faith and delusion was being substituted for logic, science and reason.
But whats worse, is that this fuzzy logic has even crept into science. A few physicists like Fritjof Capra have been trying to extrapolate off of certain quirky subatomic behavior like the Einstein Podolsky Rosen paradox, to make wild claims as to how this might "prove" mystical ideas. This is adolescent madness, as any worthwhile physicist would know that these kinds of enigmatic effects only apply at a micro and not at a macro level.

If we discover one hoax, a huckster making a buck, or can watch a stage magician reproduce the same thing - all must be a hoax!

In fact it is the moral and ethical duty of each of us to help cleanse these pernicious memes from being spread by people like Donna Matrix, Tom Cruise, the Dalai Lama and their ilk.
There is no such thing as "ineffable mystery". Thats only romantic fantasy. You'll find more comfort in knowing that there is virtually nothing left which is truly unknown which science has yet to discover and explain to us. Anything else should be disregarded.

I think most people would agree that being sensible provides greater reward than any dubious benefit one might derive from taking the chance of being wrong.

Not extensively but from what I have seen of those guys in England who call crop circles thier art project they make the circles do exactly the things you mention above. It's not aliens, it's art...
Except the bit about the nodes, getting permission from the farmer to trample their fields, and geometric perfection???
And why do we automatically assume it has anything to do with aliens? It is certainly art!!

BitterDan

Post by BitterDan » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:02 pm

[quote]“If a faithful account was rendered of Man’s idea upon ALIENS, he would be obliged to acknowledge that for the most part the word ALIENS has been used to express the concealed, remote, unknown causes of the effects he witnessed; That he applies this term when the spring of the natural, the source of known causes, ceases to be visible; As soon as he loses the thread of these causes, or as soon as his mind can longer follow the chain, he solves the difficulty, terminates his research, by ascribing it to ALIENS… When, therefore, he ascribes to ALIENS the production of some phenomenon… Does he, in fact, do anything more than substitute for the darkness of his own mind, a sound to which he is accustomed to listen with reverential awe?â€

cowboyangel

Marfa Lights

Post by cowboyangel » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:48 am

http://www.nightorbs.net/index.html

This seems to be the best study conducted on the Marfa lights as far as I can tell. The guy has an extensive background in AeroSpace. He hasn't published his conclusions yet. Why?
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

Badger

Post by Badger » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:57 am

Why?

Probably because if s/he's doing his study with any scientific rigor the person may be wanting to wait until they're satisfied with the data collected.
Desert dogs drink deep.

BitterDan

Post by BitterDan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:34 am

Why?
Because it's a vast international government cover up. :roll:

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Re: Marfa Lights

Post by mdmf007 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:58 am

cowboyangel wrote:http://www.nightorbs.net/index.html

This seems to be the best study conducted on the Marfa lights as far as I can tell. The guy has an extensive background in AeroSpace. He hasn't published his conclusions yet. Why?
Because any dissertation has to survive review from professionals in your field. Quite embarrassing to have a dissertation rip to shreds. Every candidate ends up waiting to long to publish when in reality they could have published earlier.

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:08 pm

Good thought people. I'd still like to talk to the guy and see if he's willing to say something off the record. He alludes to ball lightning a little. The lights seem to have some of the behaviors of ball lightning, but they also seem to occur during timings and frequencies that do not match observed ball lightning behavior. There's some guy who wrote a book or did a dissertation on ball lightning...I'd like to see that.
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

Badger

Post by Badger » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:59 am

Because any dissertation has to survive review from professionals in your field.
It could also be that there are several theories as to what causes the phenomenon and the conditions under which it occurs. That and the relative infrequency makes for a glacial pace for data collection.

BTW, it'd be damn interesting to see if the Marfa lights are in any way related to 'gigantic jets' which have been known about for some time. Due to their infrequency reports were often dismissed until a concerted effort to capture them on film was made.

This is a fine link from NASA (with better links describing the jets) which shows it happening

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap070829.html
Desert dogs drink deep.

dana

Post by dana » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:51 pm

BitterDan wrote:
“ As soon as he loses the thread of these causes, or as soon as his mind can longer follow the chain, he solves the difficulty, terminates his research, by ascribing it to ALIENS…
-Updated for 2008 by BitterDan
I know this guy in Boulder - (really sweet old guy, grows fantastic flowers and gardens open to the public.) He claimed that he "researches" things like bigfoot (although I never could find out what he meant by that.) He claimed that the cattle mutilations were from aliens who were taking tissue samples down-wind from nuclear power plants. When I threw out some other possibilities, he actually used Occam's Razor as an argument for his theory! (So.... what? the space brothers are here to save us?)

As far as why that guy in Marfa hasn't published anything, I suspect it comes down to the simple fact of something that in essence eludes capture - an emphemeral effect that may not give up much information by photographic observation. You could probably analyze the photos and videos to get more information about what type of phenomena you're looking at, but I suspect it will probably never be "measured" per se.

I woke up this morning and clicked on the radio just as this was playing.
http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kunc/ ... ID=1232492
Some things just don't seem like they are really amenable to scientific research. There have been enough scientists that have pondered the possibility of mind apart from matter (the brain). But what is the medium? So we tend to disregard that kind of information.

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:02 pm

Neat link Badger. The GJs are weird but the Marfa light seem to hover no more than the tallest radio tower out there which is probably 100-200' high.
I also didn't observe them emanating from the ground. They seem to appear and disappear at altitude and move from side to side and sometimes merge and sometimes glow very bright. I saw and filmed a golden kind of light they were giving off.

A Marfa resident and amateur light researcher once got as close as 25 yds to one, which he described as about the size of a basketball. As he approached, the thing kept flying away. As I mentioned the phenomenon seems to be neither entirely mechanical nor entirely organic ...perhaps a little bit of both.

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:17 am

I always wanted to wrap a ballon in mylar, let it go and shine a laser on it just deploy it before sunset or sunrise so that it reflected the last or first rays of sunlite in the upper atmosphere.

They should place more camera so they could triangulate the lights and get a 3D image.

Driving around with a flame torch or canon could create them, but if someone actually saw one close up as you say if could disprove some of them being faked. Since the lights are close to the ground one could be driving around with a balloon as well.

More camera's around the area and more people in the field would do it.

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 am

Filmed the Marfa Lights last night from the desolate ranch road 169 near the Big Bend Telephone tower. Uploading Feb 20 shots right now...interesting to see the film speeded up 10x.

I also found a great book at the local book store by Judith Brueske, Ph.D called "The Marfa Lights"....first person accounts of up close sightings of the lights...weird....the mystery deepens. Gonna work an angle to get out there right on location where they appear and try to film up close. Maybe they'll take me with em? hey

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:34 am

http://bpathvideo.blogspot.com

So, friends, just how much does anecdotal account figure into your personal assessment of any situation?
After reading through Brueske's book, I've become even more intrigued. I had felt that the lights exhibited some form of intelligence when I first witnessed them. Others have felt this too. It only gets more interesting...and I have a unique strategy that I'm gonna try my best to employ....stay tuned here or my blog....

dana

Post by dana » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:47 pm

cowboyangel wrote:
So, friends, just how much does anecdotal account figure into your personal assessment of any situation?
Multiple anecdotal accounts from unrelated sources that carry on similar themes catch my attention.
My personal assessment comes about from whatever I can add to those accounts.

Anything juicy to share yet?
I'm curious what the "strategy" is.

Some very peculiar anecdotes (true or not?) came out of some of the folks that were trying to research the crop circles. They started doing various kinds of "mind experiments" - trying to reach out with their thoughts and questions towards whatever was making the circles. The crop circles started responding dramatically (if you can believe the account.)

Just don't come back home with any of those "implants"!!

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:19 pm

I can't say exactly what my strategy is other than to say it is unique.
I have a hunch that these lights are bio-luminescent creatures and worthy of a high degree of protection, naturally. I only started to think in these terms after I read Judith Brueske's book on close encounters. My own feeling upon witnessing them in person, is that they exhibit some of the characteristics of living creatures.

I'm gonna keep going out there and film. I've got a link to access for a closer look.

dana

Post by dana » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:50 am

cowboyangel wrote:I have a hunch that these lights are bio-luminescent creatures .....
that they exhibit some of the characteristics of living creatures.
The fact that the lights seem to show intelligence doesn't necessarily have to imply that they are discreet, intelligent organisms. (My thoughts on this are difficult to explain.)

I was looking at the map to find Marfa and noted something that may be part of it. Just for the hell of it I drew a line through Marfa extending up to the San Luis Valley (more on the Sangre de Cristos side) and up through other states. Interesting that along the line also falls Roswell (and I'm pretty sure) the large medicine wheel in Wyoming. Perhaps a ley line?

http://www.occultopedia.com/l/ley_lines.htm
http://geo.org/dowse1.htm
People have been noting peculiar activity along ley lines for centuries.

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:33 pm

Thanks Dana, I'm gonna check out your links now. Just to the northeast is this:
http://www.stephenvillelights.com/

This is tremendously weird and probably related in some way.

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:38 pm

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:38 pm

UFOs are muthafukkas!

uBeRpLaYa

Post by uBeRpLaYa » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:41 pm

i sEe uFo'S aLL tHe tImE nOw tHaT i dOn'T LiVe iN LaS vEgAs aNyMoRe

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:50 pm

I think you learned how ta type from them sweetie!

uBeRpLaYa

Post by uBeRpLaYa » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:53 pm

jEaLoUs?

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:56 pm

It's it's ...I just get dIsTrAcTeD looking at yer avatar cupcake...

uBeRpLaYa

Post by uBeRpLaYa » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:02 pm

WeLL sInCe i qUiT dAnCiNg OnLy oNe pErSoN gEtS tO sEe iT LiVe.

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:04 pm

GoD LoVeS SoMe MeN

Rolan Headon

Post by Rolan Headon » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:04 pm

aS a BeLiEvEr In NaTuReAsThEhIgHeStArTfoRm, WoMeNs AsSeS lIkE YoUrS aRe ThE ePiToMy Of ArT, uBeRpLaYa

ThAnKs! (I DoN't LiVe In ReNo EiThEr, Am I oNe Of ThE cHoSeN oNeS?)
Was born late and falling ever further behind, will soon be in the lead.

uBeRpLaYa

Post by uBeRpLaYa » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:05 pm

cowboyangel wrote:GoD LoVeS SoMe MeN
uBeR LoVeS oNe iN pArTiCuLaR

Return to “Open Discussion”