A Supreme Yahoo

All things outside of Burning Man.
Mithra

Hey Mother Fuckers!

Postby Mithra » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:03 pm

There is nothing to see here, move along
Last edited by Mithra on Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby Bob » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:22 am

Mithra wrote:....Perhaps I shouldn't have made the post, but I felt that people aught to have all the info.

Well, which is it? There's an Edit button available. Or, you could repost the entire archive from whatever list you want. There are currently no rules to prevent it on the eplaya, only your better judgment.

I was appalled by all of the people sticking up for the perps, and thier "rights."

Once your pallor returns, that would be between you guys, UC, and the Supreme Court, I think.

Amazing how nasty and/or tiresome people can get in defense of hysteria over bad jokes.

You could build a really, really loud theme camp around that. Might want to consult with our own de facto chairperson of the Department of Imaginary Retribution.

DE FACTO

Postby DE FACTO » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:35 am

Bob wrote:Amazing how nasty and/or tiresome people can get in defense of hysteria over bad jokes.

You could build a really, really loud theme camp around that. Might want to consult with our own de facto chairperson of the Department of Imaginary Retribution.

:lol:

Hey, no comment....even though the thought has crossed the mind.

devils advocate

Postby devils advocate » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:32 am

The article in question doesnt appear to be that bad.
Tawny, it is a shame this yahoo was able to contact you over the internet, however the review did seem to laud the scene at Decompression. I looked at the other reviews in the party section and the decompression party got as many stars as the (presumably) made up Ramona Bon Fire party. Some might believe Decompression would be a made up party as well.

While some of the content in the rest of the issue, might be considered racist and hurtful, the fact of the matter is the decompression review appears as it was written to be the contrary. The author/s? seem to advocate recreational drug use, and homosexuality.

While Burning Man is an alternative form of expression, the same can be said for the The Koala as a simple internet search produces the string, " Alternative Student Newspaper". In effect, this magazine has an alternative demographic and much can be said about both organizations being of an alternative nature.

The picture appeared to be a very compromising position for the young woman involved. Her body language and pose, do indicate however she is comfortable with her sexuality, and was well aware of being photographed.

Bob

Postby Bob » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:44 am

devils advocate --

Which theme club are you in?

You have to be in a theme club to chat in this topic.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

devils advocate

the author of this article

Postby devils advocate » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:32 pm

is me

If you have any questions regarding anything, feel free to email me at mnitzani@ucla.edu.

Thanks,
Dragon Warrior

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:50 pm

Now that's bizarre.

I am the supreme yahoo is basically what you just said. And i cannot deny that is radical self-expression.

Bob

Postby Bob » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:00 am

This thread should go on forever, so everybody can see the difference between A Supreme Yahoo.

Kinetic II

Postby Kinetic II » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:14 am

I seriously wish I had a big container of "shut the fuck up" that I could send somebody in California for Christmas who obviously needs it.

Sylvia

Postby Sylvia » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:25 am

Talkin' to me, K2?

Araceli

Postby Araceli » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:26 am

Actually no, he wasn't. I know exactly who he was referring to. Your not it.

Sylvia

Postby Sylvia » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:29 am

Imagine my relief.

So who's the object of K2's wrath? And how can he prove Don Muerto is the nefarious DF? And why does it matter?

Kinetic II

Postby Kinetic II » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:50 am

You haven't seen my wrath. But your not a target so you have nothing to worry about. Anyway let's get back to the subject at hand....

Badger

Postby Badger » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:49 am

Three posts by three people within the last half hour.

The misuse of 'your' for you're in two of them.

Grasshopper must ask the question: Is this the voice of two socks talking?
Desert dogs drink deep.

Bob

Postby Bob » Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:00 am

No... just inmates, ruining the asylum (from Greek asylon, neuter of asylos inviolable, from a- + sylon right of seizure).

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:03 am

But not to worry: your penis is not a target!

Kinetic II

Postby Kinetic II » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:16 pm

Congrats Badger, you caught the intentional slip.

Running sock puppets is no fun, of course you had a successful run with Isotopia. I needed to kill them off, and come clean at the same time. Thanks for helping me accomplish that. So yeah, Araceli and Cariapata are K2's sock puppets. Before I ask the admins to ghost the accounts but not pull their posts, I ask everyone to look at the creation date for each.

I waited a while before creating the socks and I did it to highlight some strange behaviors I saw on here. Granted, I have problems...but when I'm getting hit on for something and yet others are allowed to slip through without a peep while doing the same thing, that's not right. The socks let me highlight some behaviors in private that have helped make a few changes happen. The socks were wildly successful for me, but they've run their course and it's time to get rid of them. So it is done. A cathartic relief....

Regardless of if you like me or hate me, one fact remains. I have helped generate discussions on here. I have highlighted problems and proposed some solutions which got people talking. I spilled quite a few problems along the way that I shouldn't do online. But in doing so I highlighted the problems with depression, I helped people realize they were not alone, I helped jumpstart some processes and procedures that needed it. I got Badger to open up on the 3-playa and tell a story that boosted his image...despite the sock puppet the man is an Angel, and he does so much good and never gets recognition for it. Now he's about to step up and really make a difference in the life of a child, and I hope he gets all the support he needs to make it happen. The man is awesome. But back to the topic.....

This ID is controversial but for all the shit I've started there's been a lot of good come from it.

To those who have supported me, Thank You. To those who dislike me, you have to admit I got you engaged and talking. Only a few blocked me, quite a few took time to understand and listen, and picked up things along the way. And if I've made anyone think differently about the world around them, even for a minute, I've accomplished what I sat out to do.

And Bob, thanks for your post over on the Eminent Domain thread. Now I understand you...and realize I really misunderstood your online intent. What I took as an attitude was really not. We all make mistakes, it's what we learn from them that counts.

Badger

Postby Badger » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:31 pm

So, how many permutations of the above message are you going to continue to post at this board?

I think you're floating somewhere around your sixth or seventh to date.

Asking for understanding, seeking forgivness, explaining or justifying your motives... again.

And again.

It's starting to border on the creepy dude. Seriously creepy in the tingliest, skin crawling sort of way. Shit, the only thing needed here is a theremin http://www.obsolete.com/120_years/machines/theremin/ keening in the background for musical effect.

Desert dogs drink deep.

Bob

Postby Bob » Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:12 pm

> ....starting to border on the creepy dude....

(I would have left it at "get the fuck out of my camp, all of you".)

> ....only thing needed here is a theremin....

(Oblique ref. to Lothar and the Hand People, for the Aluminati.)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:47 pm

Regardless of if you like me or hate me, one fact remains. I have helped generate discussions on here.

K, I hate to break it to you, but most people can (and do) do this without the use of fake identities.

I got Badger to open up on the 3-playa and tell a story that boosted his image...

Glad you were there to help. I mean, I know he couldn't have done it without ya.

Badger

Postby Badger » Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:46 pm

I got Badger to open up on the 3-playa and tell a story that boosted his image...

Really K, this is all too much. You give yourself credit where absolutely no credit is due for a series of posts that have shit to do with boosting my image. It's inappropriate enough to reference threadage over from another board to buttress your newest wailing of mea culpa but altogether another thing to
misrepresent content and then pat yourself on the back because posts which I made were responded to in a favorable and supportive light. You sound like the rooster that’s convinced that his crowing is responsible for the rising of the morning sun. As a minimum it’s just wrong. At its worst it’s sickeningly delusional.

Image and reputation are things that are earned (or discarded) based on one’s contribution to a board. Works the same way here. After 1000+ posts one would think you’d have figured that one out.
The tome of the other board has been forged due to diligence on the part of damn near everyone who contributes to it. Its current level of success and elevated discourse is a product of everyone taking responsibility for what they say and doing so under a single moniker rather than the sock puppet schizophrenia that's plagued this board of late - your last series of posts being a stellar example.

Though my displeasure might be best expressed via PM the fact that you did misrepresent me in a public forum warrants that I repudiate your claim here and now lest any confusion by some readers around the issue be sustained.

Rather than allowing this exchange to further spiral back into the swamp of negativity I'll just ask that you refrain from referencing posts here (or elsewhere) done in my name (or any other reference to me) outside of the e-playa realm. Really, K you're becoming almost pitiable.
Last edited by Badger on Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Desert dogs drink deep.

que.f.o.

Postby que.f.o. » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:12 pm

Amen (in a totally non-religous sort of way)
Is it time to Burn yet?

stuart

Postby stuart » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:31 am

so, um, if the old ones are dead, what are the new ones? Inquiring minds want to know.

talisen

Postby talisen » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:44 pm

I'm starting to understand the significance of Badger's avatar. If after all that is a bazooka..........

BlueBirdPoof

Postby BlueBirdPoof » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:58 pm

talisen wrote:I'm starting to understand the significance of Badger's avatar.

Lucky you. I'm still wondering about the one he's been using for the past few weeks (months?) and I'm almost sure there was a third. Is there significance in the switching? Dizzy minds wish to know.

Kinetic II

Postby Kinetic II » Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:09 pm

Badger wrote:The tome of the other board has been forged due to diligence on the part of damn near everyone who contributes to it. Its current level of success and elevated discourse is a product of everyone taking responsibility for what they say and doing so under a single moniker rather than the sock puppet schizophrenia that's plagued this board of late - your last series of posts being a stellar example.

Badger: If socks are the plague you call them above, why not do the right thing. Get rid of your own. Isotopia is your sock, and you created Iso one day after you registered which was Sept 5th. Help solve the plague problem as you call it. Dump your own sock or ask the admins to ghost out the account like I did with Cariapata and Araceli. My socks lasted 30 days. Yours was here for months and made quite a few miserable with your scathing comments and no I don't mean towards me. So...how about it? Is it time to put Iso to rest? Just email the admin account and make the request. Or are you going to let the "plague" continue?

Badger

Postby Badger » Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:54 pm

I don't think anyone here is surprised by the revelation that Isotopia et Badger share the same blood.

If the request weren't coming from a place of almost infantile resentment I'd consider it.

For now I choose to decline the suggestion. Thanks for sharing though.

Desert dogs drink deep.

Isotopia

Postby Isotopia » Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:55 pm

Yeah, what Badger said.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:03 pm

I think there are two points to consider:

-Badger never denied he was also posting under the name Isotopia; in fact, I believe he stated as much in one of his early posts

because

-(and Badger, correct me if I'm mistaken) Badger took a 2nd ID becuase he had login problems with his original name. NOT to create anysort of different identity, and not to cuase trouble (at least, not more trouble than normal...) Not for the purposes of maliciousness, trolling or spying.

Last Real Burner

MMmmmppphhhhhmmmmmpfffffff........

Postby Last Real Burner » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:09 pm

Help.......... must......resist......posting.......stupidass........reply...........must resist .......poking...sticks at the......b..bbb...bbbadgerImage

ok then, howsabout my banana.

"Never miss a good chance to shut up. "

unbelievably,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

Return to “Open Discussion”