Nitrous Oxide

All things outside of Burning Man.
TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:28 pm

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:
TomServo wrote:
Which is why they sell it at sex shops..makes your asshole loose.
I thought the reason people fuck ass is because it's tighter then pussy!

Seems to ruin the whole concept.

A Hussein Z
I think its the fuckee that opts for nitrous or not.. Used to have nitrous parties in SF, with beer and a Toy Dolls video on. Friends girlfriend, worked at a sex shop..and that's where she got it..

we made stencils... Nitrous is also a good arts and crafts drug!
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:43 pm

A friend used to work at a medical gas supply co. and he would occasionally take a tank- a four foot tall tank to our community summer camp site.

We would have to watch very carefully to make sure that someone wouldn't pass out with the tube in their mouths or fall in a puddle and drown.

Funny, the guy that would pass out the most ended up being a billionaire trader and advice man to GW Bush on China Trade. He was one of the biggest stoners I've ever met.

I didn't think much of the stuff except as a novelty toy or a laugh during one of our late night munchie attacks on the local supermarket. I can still hear the laughter coming from parts of the store as someone would dose themselves with those whipcream cans. They had to put late night stockers on the lookout for when the hippies would come.

If you ever go to sturgis, SD for the Biker Rally, you have to check out Buffalo Chips: a famous camp with night wet tee shirt or strip with a famous band or singer each nite. There's several guys working the crowd with balloons filled with Nitrous that they sell for $5 each. Bikers on Nitro gets old fast.

Just cheap tricks

A Hussein Z

Plastic G'zus

Post by Plastic G'zus » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:46 am

Ah... good ol' hippie crack. The best way to get quantity is to make friends with someone who works in a gas supply place. Get them to fill your shiny metal industrial grade can with medical grade. Medical grade usually comes in a big blue can, but that can cause problems in some states if you don't have the right paperwork. Also, the crap they add to industrial grade to keep you from huffing it can be filtered out with a simple homemade charcoal filter. Any Phishhead can tell you how. Re-breathing doesn't get any more nos into your system, just deprives your brain of oxygen. If you like that buzz, just hold your breathe until you pass out. It's way cheaper.
My personal favorite method is "The Dental Lab Drip":
Get yourself a nice big balloon and fill it. Find a nice comfy place to sit or lie down. A lazy boy or dentist's chair is perfect. Let a slow stream slip from the balloon and hold it next to your mouth or nose. Inhale deeply and slowly, filling your lungs to capacity, like you are meditating. The idea is to get about half and half nitrous/air. Hold it in just about as long as you would hold a hit from a joint, then exhale slowly through your nose. Repeat until the spaceship lands, then pass the balloon to a friendly alien. You get a much more pleasant, psychedelic rush this way than from filling your lungs with straight nitrous and holding it as long as you can.

CAVEAT: If you have a large supply of nitrous, be prepared to have a bunch of weird trustafarian kids hanging around until its gone.
Make love to anything. Make war on everything.

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:53 am

or try some Absinth..
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:33 am

TomServo wrote:or try some Absinth..
Why not both?

EspressoDude

Post by EspressoDude » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:44 am

don't try this at home kids:

whipped charger NO cartridge =0.735 dia

10 ga shotgun = 0.775 dia
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

DaddyMassive

Post by DaddyMassive » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:50 am

Vapourising absinthe with Nos?
That Hippie speedballs or something?
Sounds risky but I'll give it a go!

Plastic G'zus

Post by Plastic G'zus » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:07 am

Why is it that no matter which direction I head in BRC, I wind up at the abstanenthe?
Make love to anything. Make war on everything.

betrdanevr

Post by betrdanevr » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:53 am

thirt33n wrote:
yo Daddy. Of course a catering shop might think you're planning on inhaling it,...but really, if you think about it, where else would someone plan to "walk around the playa fizzin' whip cream all over anybody"?

..just sayin' that copious amounts of whip cream don't necessarily mean you're breathin' it? If you went to 5 catering shops I bet you'd get one to believe you...
Blech on a combination of playa dust and whipped cream, anyway. LOL

Like many of us, I've had nitrous "both ways." LOL Perhaps I had a generous dentist, but I'll have to say that the best "high" I ever had was in the dentist's chair. Was referred by a friend to a dentist who had no qualms about using nitrous.

Having never experienced it and having had lots of fairly major dental work without even novocaine, I was more than willing to try it!

Like who in the hell gives a shit about what the dentist is going to do, how many shots of novocaine he's going to give, and what he's going to drill/pull? Everything is "just cool" and all YOUR jokes are funny as hell.

I was later married to a guy who, among other things, did catering, and turned me on to the joys of whippets and whipped cream dispensers.

Well, a couple of times with that and I decided there was absolutely no way to reach that "place" you get with a dentist who knows how to give nitrous -- particularly one like mine, where he'd turn it on and leave me sitting for a half hour or more 8) -- and even listen to me when I'd say, "Can you turn that up, Doc?" :lol: To me, spending the bucks for whippets (and you should buy the dispenser) is a very minimal return on your dollar.

In short, to me it's not worth it to chase a short nitrous-only high, though I know I can do it through a restaurant supply.

Sigh . . .

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:49 pm

Plastic G'zus wrote: Repeat until the spaceship lands, then pass the balloon to a friendly alien.
You mean I wasn't REALLY abducted and anally probed by aliens?

Wait till I see fred again!

betrdanevr

Post by betrdanevr » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:29 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:13 am

EspressoDude wrote:don't try this at home kids:

Isn't that too big a gap? Wouldn't it hang up in the barrel?

I always thought dimes were dandy in a shell.

EspressoDude

Post by EspressoDude » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:20 pm

Toolmaker wrote:
EspressoDude wrote:don't try this at home kids:

Isn't that too big a gap? Wouldn't it hang up in the barrel?

I always thought dimes were dandy in a shell.
0 to -.005" clearance in a 12ga
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

SecretOperativeBear
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: BRC Recycle Camp

ole times

Post by SecretOperativeBear » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:01 am

I used to have a 80 lb N20 tank. they began to strictly regulate the gas more in califoria a few years ago. used to be easy to fill at a race/speed shop.
Then it was tough.

man the places you can go with a 80 lb nitrous tank !!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck those whippet style cartridges. they don't even work well at all.
Seems the same whippet dummies like to litter too. I see em all the time.

-Captian Bear

horserabbit

Industrial grade

Post by horserabbit » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:21 pm

Definitely not recommended due to long term consequences other than death -- besides it causes an awful headache which makes you want to keep going even past the point of sanity. Major warning -- You will not care about anything, though, and I mean anything, even death, if you get too into it with industrial grade (picture that freeway ramp antic- OMG!)

Respectfully, please don't go UI on activities that might hurt other people. And please, please, PLEASE don't traverse or sit on the the playa without lights. That was fun years ago; its too crowded for that now. Death is a possibility for someone who is on/or is hit by a bicycle.
mine is not to reason why, but to do or . . .

horserabbit

Post by horserabbit » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:40 pm

RE: " . . can be filtered out with charcoal. Any Phishhead can tell you how."

Damn! Charcoal would have worked! And I WAS a Phishhead, but I guess I was an ignorant Phishhead. Oh, well. Live and learn.

gyre

Post by gyre » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:18 pm

What is ui?

mk-ultra

Post by mk-ultra » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:06 pm

MikeVDS wrote:It's probably similar here. You can apparently get breathable quality at some high performance racing shops. It's completely legal in that case. I'm not sure if things change if you start breathing it in. Just be discrete, as with anything else.
You CANNOT get breathable (medical grade) nitrous oxide at racing shops. I race... and ALL automotive grade nitrous oxide I've seen is deliberately mixed with sulfur compounds to make it noxious and prevent it from being used "recreationally" (at least in CA). Don't inhale this stuff.

And by "breathable" I, of course, mean safe for inhalation... mixed with enough air to keep you from becoming cyanotic. If you're going to play with nitrous... make damn sure that it's delivered in a way that (if you pass out) you default to breathing air again. For fucks sake don't use a rebreather mask with the straps still on it (I've seen idiots do that before -- Darwin award waiting for a winner).

horserabbit

Post by horserabbit » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:59 am

UI = under the influence

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:30 pm

nothing like slobbering on yourself.

Lorgasm

Post by Lorgasm » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:11 am

Sorry to hear of the unfortunate experience from that NO cartridge. There should be a place where burners who have used cartridges can go to and drop off; kinda like used syringes in doctors' offices.

Once a big collection has been achieved, art can be made with said cartridges. They can make a massive mobile, sculpture of some sort. The collection will be at a safe place. Maybe I'm just on rant here. Didn't get much sleep last night and lack of food. This causes verbal ejactulation(sp) and I tend to leave "wet spots" everywhere. Maybe I should just step away from the computer, have a cliff bar, and shut the hell up.

Carry on.
BOOBIES!!!

LisaLuckyOne

Post by LisaLuckyOne » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:57 pm

Lorgasm wrote:art can be made with said cartridges
I've got the loveliest little miniskirt made from used cartridges. I absolutely adore it, but it is a bit chilly to wear on the colder days.
It's better to be Lucky!

Lorgasm

Post by Lorgasm » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:28 am

Yo, LisaLuckyOne,

I'm gettin a really cool visual of what that mini must look like. Nice. You must send pix. Maybe I can get a peak next year. Ya think?

Kisses,
Lorgasm
BOOBIES!!!

dana

Post by dana » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:56 pm

mk-ultra wrote:And by "breathable" I, of course, mean safe for inhalation... mixed with enough air to keep you from becoming cyanotic. If you're going to play with nitrous... make damn sure that it's delivered in a way that (if you pass out) you default to breathing air again. For fucks sake don't use a rebreather mask with the straps still on it (I've seen idiots do that before -- Darwin award waiting for a winner).
To put a little finer point on this...
The problem is that nitrous is heavier than air. So it tends to displace the air in your lungs leading to cyanosis (and loss of brain cells.) Giving it with concentrated O2 alleviates this problem. You should also flush the nitrous out with straight O2 when you're done.

I like them little brain cells. Little shits are leaving fast enough on their own...

LisaLuckyOne

Post by LisaLuckyOne » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Lorgasm wrote:Yo, LisaLuckyOne,

I'm gettin a really cool visual of what that mini must look like. Nice. You must send pix. Maybe I can get a peak next year. Ya think?
Well, I don't have any pics (yet!) but I promise you get first peek in '09!
It's better to be Lucky!

andros

Whip Cream Nitrous

Post by andros » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:46 pm

Very lovely, very real, delicious and fun this nitrous oxide. 78% of our atmosphere but the narcosis can't be realized until you transcend to another atmosphere or 200. I had wonderful luck with a company - they have a warehouse near the Bay area and sent it to us in a one day delivery. Only sell the clean nitrous oxide from Europe- not Chinese production like many other companies. the brand was Purewhip- it was from creamright.com.

Enjoy the whip cream- it is all sweet at the Burning Man festival of reality
Andros de Tivi muito obrigado

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:06 pm

DaddyMassive wrote: I've personally done it over 100 times and between me and my friends and their friends we've done this method countless times with zero side effects.
What was the score of your last IQ test?

Make sure you have someone with you to do the counting. Remember, you could get to nine and blackout, counting into eternity!

AIIZ

Jiva

Re: Whip Cream Nitrous

Post by Jiva » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:02 am

andros wrote:Very lovely, very real, delicious and fun this nitrous oxide. 78% of our atmosphere but the narcosis can't be realized until you transcend to another atmosphere or 200.
Er, no--nitrous oxide is not nitrogen.
[color=#ECE3BA][size=75]Stay home; the man will burn without you.[/size][/color]

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:38 am

I remember a friend grinning and nodding from behind a baloon, holding his breath and saying. "you can drill teeth on it."

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:09 am

...and if you do get a tank, DO NOT SEAL YOUR DOORS AND WINDOWS AND TURN THE VALVE ON IN CLOSED ROOM!

...some students chose to get their Darwin awards that way when I was in college. They were on the floor (remember, Nos is heavier than air). The ones up higher on the loft lived....really sucked because after that you could not buy whippits anywhere in the county (we used to actually use them to cook with - had a whip cream maker and would make brandy whip cream for fancy deserts) - we had to drive over an hour to the next county to buy them after that.

It is used as an anesthetic by Dentists - think about it.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to “Open Discussion”