Guns, Love Em or Leave Em

All things outside of Burning Man.
cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:28 pm

can we now get back to talking about stuff like heavy barrel vs light barrel?
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:19 am

some good ones, IMHO:

"The handgun would not be my choice of weapon if I knew I was Going to a fight....I'd choose a rifle, a shotgun, an RPG or an atomic Bomb instead."

"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: always cheat And always win."

"Every time I teach a class, I discover I don't know something."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. I may get Killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, Cause it's going to be empty."

"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not Loadin, you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut Your head off and put it on a stick."

"When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your Flashlight in your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look Like an angel or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty Soon."

"Do something. It may be wrong, but do something."

"Shoot what's available, as long as it's available, until Something else becomes available."

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's Ridiculous.. If I have a gun, what in the world do I have to be paranoid For."

"Don't shoot fast, shoot good."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long You live depends on how well you do it."

"You cannot save the planet. You may be able to save yourself And your family."

" More Excellent Gun Wisdom....... The purpose of fighting is to Win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more Important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The Final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to Fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics are all wrong.

3. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and Asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they Don't make a 46.'

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous Regularity.

8. Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to Use it!

A people that values its privileges above its principles will Soon lose both. DDE

'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who Do not.'

~ Thomas Jefferson
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

gyre

DPX expansion

Post by gyre » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:03 pm

DPX expansion (first two rows)

Self Defense Ammo

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_Defen ... /index.htm

gyre

Post by gyre » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:22 pm

Trivia
Corbon shuts down for the Sturgis rally.
If you're backordered now, don't hold your breath.

Another contraption
I wish I had a better picture.
It's made of old farm parts.

gyre

Post by gyre » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:25 pm

G3 german 308 aluminum 20 round magazines $1.
cheaperthandirt

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:58 pm

"“This is Texas. I have a magnet on my refrigerator of the state with a plastic gun glued to it that says, ‘We don’t call 9-1-1.’ We find that funny in Texas"
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/a ... or-school/
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Good, so it wasn't this thread after all.

Ok. In Senator John Cornine's office in the Hart Building, there's an old Alamo or something flag in a frame. It's a picture of a canon with the words underneath...
"Come and Take it"

I like that and I love Texas.
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:28 pm

If you can't get the guns,,, get the ammo;
http://www.examiner.com/x-8131-Sunset-D ... is-article
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

Paraflier

Post by Paraflier » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:00 pm

can't sit still wrote:"“This is Texas. I have a magnet on my refrigerator of the state with a plastic gun glued to it that says, ‘We don’t call 9-1-1.’ We find that funny in Texas"
Hello all! New to ePlaya, and found "The Gun Area" so figured I'd take a peek. :) I like the magnet. I saw a yead sign that stated "Our NEIGHBORS believe in gun control".... Figured it would get the point across.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm

This is somewhat strange; The date is 2002. Did I miss a smallpox epidemic or something?
"Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)officials are directing police chiefs nationwide to search local gun owner records to identify and train civilian deputies to secure smallpox vaccination sites"
"Officer McLamb has been persecuted for years for openly criticizing the government while predicting that law officers would be used to enforce coercive public health policies that attack civil liberties and undermine religious freedoms. “My detractors laughed when I said, ‘Tyranny can not come to the home of any American unless it comes in uniform.’ Now no one is laughing anymore."
http://chicago.indymedia.org/newswire/d ... /index.php

Paraflier

Post by Paraflier » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:36 am

Right. "Hi! I'm from (insert government agency here) and I need you to do me a favor." :roll:

Goody.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:49 pm

I posted the story because, the mentality of the idea is cuckoo. If someone doesn't want to be vaccinated, they aren't going to go to the clinic in the first place. That means that you have a clinic of people who came to get vaccinated.
What use would a weapon be in a clinic full of people who came for a shot? Assuming there was some kind of problem, would you open fire in a crowded clinic? If someone is drug in for the shot and a nurse administers it at gunpoint, that might not inspire much confidence in the rest of the people. Where do these morons get the idea that a gun is the best tool around? Did it never occur to them to cuff him and sit on him? Nope !! pull out your piece and endanger everybody. What a mentality :?
P.S., ,,, Paraflier, welcome to the board. It's very quiet now because everybody is out in the desert having fun. Dan

Paraflier

Post by Paraflier » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:41 am

can't sit still wrote:It's very quiet now because everybody is out in the desert having fun. Dan
Sigh..... :( Maybe next time for me.

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:52 pm

me too, but will have my own bar called the truthhit

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:03 am

Swords not allowed, official word. Only boffers.

Pussies.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:51 pm

I had the cops take both my sword and my .44 ,,, for safekeeping. Dunno why they didn't take my steak knives. :lol:

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:51 pm

I'll take one puke gun and that capacitor thingy please.....

RoboCops Come to Pittsburg

No longer the stuff of disturbing futuristic fantasies, an arsenal of “crowd control munitions,â€

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:50 am

no need for a puke gun..........just wear a sandwich board

ImageImage
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:46 am

yech
Henri, I just noticed that you joined the board 2 years ago AND have 7200 posts. That must be some kind of record.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:11 am

I dunno.......hahahaha

"NO, I"m not OCD about eplaya"
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:41 pm

With that look, Hillary could undoubtedly disable the puke gun. Intelligent Optical Systems...way to go Torrence...you know it cuts both ways doncha?

ALICEtheGOON

Post by ALICEtheGOON » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:43 am

ygmir wrote:no need for a puke gun..........just wear a sandwich board

ImageImage
Wow Hillary looks awesome.

Reep what you sow

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:31 am

Hillary, Madeline and where the Hell is that beauty from the British Isles, Margaret Thatcher?

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:33 am

Hillary looks like that tired housewife who watched too many episodes of The Wire and lost her lease on that crappy room in downtown Demoines.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:09 pm

Clinton and Pelosi,,, the faces that launched a thousand plastic surgeons.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:01 pm

An interesting letter in the Australian Shooter Magazine this week, which I quote: "If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theater of operations during the past 22 months, and a total of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington, DC is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same period.

That means you are about 25 percent more likely to be shot and killed in the US capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the US, than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: "The US should pull out of Washington DC"

gyre

Post by gyre » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Speaking of dangerous cities, I just got a flak jacket.

Does anyone know how to translate german military ratings to class ratings for resistance being used these days?

It has 12 layers of ballistic kevlar.
I got two and can double the layers, so 24 layers.
There is room to add plates, though it doesn't come with them.

An unusually good deal at $50.
I thought they were sold out but maybe they are just hard to find on the site?
They had a czech jacket with ceramic plates for $400 the other day.

The Flecktarn comes in different sizes.
One my friend ordered was brand new.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MIL2115-1.html
Looking at reviews, someone has actually tested one.
Doesn't do poorly with handguns.
I was concerened about the fit as I am 6' 230lb but, as others have said it fits good. Maybe a little short but otherwise fine. Well, I destroyed my first one today doing some testing but I will be ordering more. AS STATED IN THE ITEM DESCRIPTION. THIS IS NOT A BULLETPROOF VEST AND SHOULD NOT BE USED AS SUCH! That being said I decided to test mine against .22, 9mm, .40, and .38 SPL. All testing was conducted at 10yds into back of vest in different areas. Vest was hung over 2 4x8x12 cement blocks stacked on top of each other. .22LR Federal 36gr HP out of 4" Handgun. Easily stopped. Bullet was recovered on the outside of the internal "kevlar" or whatever it is, liner. I'm fairly impressed, figured a .22 would slip through. 9mm Speer Gold Dot 147gr HP out of Beretta 92. Sent the blocks tumbling with authority but bullet was recovered behind inside liner. Pretty much made it through the kevlar but barely left a mark on the cinder block. At least it slowed it way down. Of note: There was little to no expansion of the hollow point, which surprised me. Maybe the material clogged the HP? Would probably just cause a flesh wound if hit with a 9mm HP. However.... 9mm 124gr FMJ out of Beretta 92. Punched straight through back of vest and broke the top block in half. Bullet was not recovered. I'd imagine you'd still be in trouble if hit with a 9mm FMJ at this range. 38 SPL Hornady Critical Defense 115 GR HP out of Smith 442. I figured since the 9mm HP didn't open up I'd try the new Hornady CD "flextip" ammo and see if it would prevent the HP from being clogged. This round rocked the setup but didn't knock it over. Bullet was recovered on the outside of the kevlar, but it cut the inside liner so I'd say it almost made it through. Would probably leave a good mark but wouldn't kill you. Bullet did not expand, same results as the 9m HP. Bullet was a little scrunched up and flex tip was still in HP cavity. .40 SW 165 GR Speer Gold Dot out of Glock 22. Knocked the setup over and left a large hole in the inside of vest. Large dent in the block. Bullet was not recovered. Looks like this bullet opened up some due to the size of the hole on the inside. Might test again inside barn to see if I can contain the bullet. All in all for $50 I'm impressed. They are not bulletproof, but do offer some protection, more than I expected. I'll be getting a couple more soon.

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:30 pm

Watch out, I don't think that's a "bullet proof" vest. Google that directly instead of Cheaper than Dirt. I found some used German police vests in excellent condition for around $2-300

gyre

Post by gyre » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:46 pm

As shipped, it is only designed for flak.
The quality is outstanding though.
The pockets for material are waterproof and roomy enough for more.
It is better designed than many bullet resistant vests, other than thickness.
Bear in mind I will be using mine double layered.

I can't afford anything higher end right now or I would go for the czech vest designed for rifle rounds, the primary military threat.
Huge difference in power there, even between heavy handgun rounds.

Main threat here is handguns.
Any extra protection is a plus, even if not 100%.
I've already received them and fantastic for $50.
Found them for sale in germany and good enough to not be legal for export there.

My friend bought a few and plans on adding ballistic metal plates.

Oldguy
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Oldguy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:32 pm

When I was a deputy for Washoe County I wore a "Second Chance" vest primarily to defend against small hanguns and knife strikes. It wouldn't be good for rifle or large handgun rounds. I'd recommend a center of mass plate or doubling layers. Remember no vest can protect you from a head shot. That's where I wound aim, or the groin. There's a reason swat goes for full coverage.
Image current moon
" Build your wall. we got tunnels. " - George Lopez

Return to “Open Discussion”