Trolls in hiding

All things outside of Burning Man.
Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:46 pm

oh my good sweet lord I should just go soak my head.

yes, by all means ignore the crazy lady. she's evil and negative (oooh so negative) and ranty ranty ranting.

there *are* some things to pull out of all the shite though. and this goes out to anyone who gives a flying fuck.

help the community by being a part of the community. put yourself apart and above it in some "savior" role and you do bupkiss for it. Technopatra gets big props from me for talking *with* people on the board.

don't feed the fucking trolls. it does no good. it does, in fact, do harm. it feeds them and makes them stronger.

that's it, the pony in the manure pile. thy key to this community. Actually be a part of it and don't feed the trolls.

over and out
It's all about the squirrels.

alice

Post by alice » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:56 pm

Lydia Love wrote:oh my good sweet lord I should just go soak my head.

yes, by all means ignore the crazy lady. she's evil and negative (oooh so negative) and ranty ranty ranting.

there *are* some things to pull out of all the shite though. and this goes out to anyone who gives a flying fuck.

help the community by being a part of the community. put yourself apart and above it in some "savior" role and you do bupkiss for it. Technopatra gets big props from me for talking *with* people on the board.

don't feed the fucking trolls. it does no good. it does, in fact, do harm. it feeds them and makes them stronger.

that's it, the pony in the manure pile. thy key to this community. Actually be a part of it and don't feed the trolls.

over and out

i still love you, lydie. and respect what you say.

and havn't found you to be particularly cranky or crazy, now or before.

i'm just glad you're still here.

thanks - beth
bitch all you want - it won't change nothin.

Booker

Post by Booker » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:18 pm

>> I should just go soak my head

Well, if you think it'd be fun. What ya gonna soak it in? Maybe get Bill to do a little video for us, if y'all have a cam.

Large, gooey smooches,

Booker

SED

Post by SED » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:44 pm

Can I put this image into anyone's head?

Drunk Monkey Knife Fight.
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.

Araceli

Post by Araceli » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:06 pm

He who laughs last laughs best. You earned your SAG card here K but you still have work to do. Good bye and good luck. I leave you with this.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been
the foresight to know where you're going
and the insight to know when you're going too far."

Araceli

SED

Post by SED » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:07 pm

Have a banana!

Kinetic II

Post by Kinetic II » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:35 pm

Araceli, they never knew what hit 'em. Not a clue. Anyway what was their advice? Oh yeah, don't feed the trolls. Considering those negative posts, then accusing me of being bradley and wspr, they were more negative than what the trolls posted in some respects. But it's done, let them gloat. I won't feed them any more responses.

I'll see you on the 20th over in Kansas. And I appreciate the thoughts of good will. C-ya!

foamin' at the mouth
Location: that fishing village designed by interior decorators

Post by foamin' at the mouth » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:56 pm

Kinetic wrote:
Araceli, they never knew what hit 'em. Not a clue. Anyway what was their advice? Oh yeah, don't feed the trolls. Considering those negative posts, then accusing me of being bradley and wspr, they were more negative than what the trolls posted in some respects. But it's done, let them gloat. I won't feed them any more responses.
Who is "they" and "what" hit'em?
I'm still standing and thinking about things like others who have to face off very long needles.
I thought you said you were taking a break. Oh that's no longer in your footer. You are very mercurial.
I'm the one who made the reference. And if I'm wrong I'll live with it.
But are you the troll and have we been feeding you? It's a straight question. I guess I'm feeding you? [/quote]
I often heard the sorrel nag (who always loved me) crying out, ..."Take care of thyself, gentle Yahoo."

precipitate
Location: Somewhere near an ocean and a desert and a mountain

Post by precipitate » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:32 pm

Yeah, bullshit you won't feed any more responses.

Let me give unto you a clue.

Saying <plonk> to someone means you're no longer going to give them
the dignity of listening to their prattlings. It means you're taking yourself
out of the fray, that you're no longer going to provide material for
whatever conflict exists. It does not mean neener neener neener, I think
you're an asshole.

So, plonk. Buh bye.

SED

Post by SED » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:06 am

Mmmmmm! Bananas!

Nothing like a good banana.

Anybody got any termites or grubs?

They're good with bananas, I hear.

precipitate
Location: Somewhere near an ocean and a desert and a mountain

Post by precipitate » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:34 am

My spoon is too big!

SED

Post by SED » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:41 am

My anus is bleeding!!!

Don Muerto

Post by Don Muerto » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:04 am

What a pile of horseshit.

K, get a grip. Once you say something, the fact that you can erase the words later does not exculpate you from their content. In fact, it just adds 'weasely' to whatever bad qualities you are trying to hide. To become indignant when people react to your flame bait, (and it *was* flame bait), throws 'asinine' on the heap as well. I think the criticism you have attracted in this thread is spot on, and you would do well to put your ego away long enough to consider it.

Being on the ETF means you should hold yourself to the *highest* standard in your posting here. The only effective way to lead is by example, and if your example of flame-bait, switch, indignation and arrogance is any measure of where the eplaya is headed, then you won't find me here long.

It really is time for you to step up to the position whose hat you have chosen to wear. If you are unable, the only mature thing to do is to remove that hat and leave it for someone more capable of doing it justice.

Make your apologies if you are man enough, because you do owe several, but more importantly, remember that words are empty if they do not herald action. Enough with your particular brand of ego wanking, -the eplaya has enough crap to deal with from other trolls.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Wind_Borne

Post by Wind_Borne » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:13 am

A useful skill:

When faced with criticism:
-stuff the ego
-thank the author for their interest
-look for what may be learned from the experience
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
-- George Washington

technopatra

Post by technopatra » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:19 am

Kinetic II wrote: Even De Facto took a 2 week break, he got sick of you guys. I think he was on to something.
This is not correct. De Facto took a break as a result of a very nice conversation I had with him about his effect on the boards. This conversation happened as a direct result of several emails, PMs, and posts from eplayans asking me for their help.

De Facto's choice to keep cool it on the boards was his own, and it was made more out of respect for the community's feedback than his own frustration.

Kinetic, I encourage you to pull out of this thread emotionally, and just look at what folks are saying: they are just asking you to keep your posts up. Whether you do so or not is entirely up to you.

technopatra

Post by technopatra » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:29 am

OK I posted that one in response to a post a couple of pages ago. Well, I still think you should consider looking at this thread from an analytical, not emotional viewpoint, if possible.

And since I did recieve your request to be removed from the etf lists, I request that you not to represent yourself as a member of that team. If you decide to come back, we are happy to have you.

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:58 am

• The preposterous case of the pink Chihuahua

San Francisco Chronicle
    November 26, 2003

Susan Leong stopped at nothing to find the man who stole her dog. She called police, she offered a $1,000 reward, she even hired a private investigator.

This week, thanks largely to her own persistence and sleuthing, Leong has her dog back. It's now pink, the result of an odd attempt by the thief to disguise it, but it's still her pet.

Leong's hunt started the afternoon of Nov. 8 when she went shopping at her neighborhood Safeway in San Francisco's Marina District and left Casey, her Chihuahua-corgi mix, tied up outside.

While she shopped, police said Tuesday, a man came up to the 5-year-old female dog, gave her a few pats and drove off with her in a Mercedes-Benz.

"Dognapping is serious, especially if you're a dog owner," Lt. Tom Buckley said. "She was frantic."

The dognapper had aroused suspicion, however, and one witness outside the store got a partial license plate number for the Mercedes and a good description of the thief. The witness knew something was wrong because Casey kept looking out of the back window as if she was missing her owner, Buckley said.

Leong called police, alerted the city's animal control department and hired a private eye with Cannon Street Inc. Investigations, run by former FBI agent Rick Smith.

"She was going to do everything she possibly could," Smith said.

On Nov. 18, after days scouring the neighborhood and putting up flyers, Leong spotted Casey with a man near Moscone Playground in the Marina. It was in the exact Mercedes-Benz described by the witness at the Safeway.

Leong shouted to the man, "That's my dog!'' The man insisted the dog was his, jumped into the car and took off.

Leong got the full license number, and the first two characters matched the car outside the grocery store. The registered address was the Metropolitan Community Church on Eureka Street.

Police watched the church last week, but the man didn't show. Cannon investigators took up the stakeout, and on Friday, 49-year-old Jeffery Snyder of San Francisco drove up in the Mercedes -- with a Chihuahua-corgi, its freshly shaved fur dyed pink.

"The hair was dyed to alter its appearance" after Leong spotted Casey near the playground, Buckley said.

The private investigators called 911, and police came to make the arrest. Buckley said that, dye job aside, the dog is fine.

Snyder, who did custodial work for the church last year and sometimes had meals there, told police he had bought Casey from a homeless man. Investigators, however, said witnesses have identified him as the thief.

He was charged with grand theft and other crimes and released on bail.

Leong didn't want to be interviewed after being reunited with her pet, but Smith said she was pleasantly surprised it all ended so well.

"She loves the little dog,'' Smith said. "She is very pleased she got her animal back in a situation where she was fairly sure it wasn't going to happen. ''
Renault: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.
Rick: I was misinformed.

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:56 am

the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now.... here's looking at you kid.

Last Real Burner

Hey who the hell is that in the mirror?...

Post by Last Real Burner » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:48 am

Who tha fuck took my name. ImageI'm the only Rick Smith in this world,and I do far to many drugs, and far to paranoid to be in the FBI. (their out to get me)

"A difference that makes no difference, makes no difference."
constantly,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:54 am

Lydia,

RE: invitation to "bite me"? Please inform of current status.

That is all.
Fight for the fifth freedom!

Last Real Burner

I'm going in...cover me...

Post by Last Real Burner » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:00 am

can I bite you to Lydia?....Huh? Huh? Can I? Huh?... Pleez...Pleez...Pleez Image

completely,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:39 am

well fuckin a... bites for **fun** are a completely different matter

blyslv... any freaking time

LBR... i dunno. I have to consider whether or not your use of emoticons constitute art...

Booker

Post by Booker » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:32 am

>>Chihuahua-corgi mix

Now you just HAVE to admire that kind of persistence. I wonder what my boxer-lab mix would think of a pink dye job.
"If that plane plane leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life. I'm no good at being noble, Ilsa, but . . .
*sigh*

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:40 pm

*sigh*
I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

nipples

Post by nipples » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:12 am

we unionized the trolls
taught em manners & such

they were heathens
barely able to scratch a fuss

made a boil on someones ass
i think i heard a scream or two

but mostly by and largely
our trolls they all been unionized

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:32 am

nipples wrote:we unionized the trolls
taught em manners & such

they were heathens
barely able to scratch a fuss

made a boil on someones ass
i think i heard a scream or two

but mostly by and largely
our trolls they all been unionized
You are one talented poet.
always have been.
Is there any way that when being poetic you can be very specific?
I beg you to humor my N.Y. state of mind.

thanx
even though...........

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:41 am

ecliptic wrote:Oh, and apparently he believes that "DFTT" was coined for him. I'm sure it's been used in reference to him. But De Facto, my take on that acronym is that it means: Dont Feed The Trolls. Not everything is about you.
Oh, and I forgot about this one but hey, it all worked out in the long run.

No I did not think that "DFTT" was coined for me but was placed as a poetic gesture/justice for future reference as I alway like to look back on.

Just wanted to clarify that.

I just forgot where this thread was.

Thanx Nipples.
even though...........

nipples

all about ME!

Post by nipples » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:13 am

I am sorry, still!

When I posted above, it was not in RESPONSE to this thread, but picked by searching for the word "troll" & seeking to empty a snippet of found-in-my soon-to-be purged old mail file & replaced on the eplaya, where i bore it.

This had nothing to do with you, please move along! Nothing to see here, folks. Show is over. Okay, people, can we have a little DONUT BREAK here, please?!

DE FACTO

Re: all about ME!

Post by DE FACTO » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:17 am

nipples wrote:I am sorry, still!

When I posted above, it was not in RESPONSE to this thread, but picked by searching for the word "troll" & seeking to empty a snippet of found-in-my soon-to-be purged old mail file & replaced on the eplaya, where i bore it.

This had nothing to do with you, move along.
It had nothing to do with any response.....just a request for your talent in other ways.

Thought it may come in handy/profitable in the long run.

Still love (love ) your writings.

truely.

already moved on. In N.Y. speed.

real time only.
even though...........

nipples

Post by nipples » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:36 am

¿Is there any way that when being poetic you can be very specific?

it is possible that i may be more specific, as i do pursue vagaries

i thank you for your input please insert more donuts
Last edited by nipples on Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Open Discussion”