What's Your Problem?

Postby SED » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:44 am

Come on, folks. We can share.
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.

tzimisce1313

Postby tzimisce1313 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:07 pm

well, i guess it depends as to what sort of problem you want to hear? :wink:

lolitadelagorgonzola
Location: in a dank, dark, currently dreary,"City of Dreams"in the great northwest

my head hurts

Postby lolitadelagorgonzola » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:07 pm

I'm a star in my own country western song. I'm bleary eyed tired since I put my father to find in then hospital then his very old antique poodle got sick. I was afraid he'd no longer be able to make bad jokes about sleepin with a gray bitch but she got better and is now peeing on my carpets........And then the old horse tried to die of a bellyache but didn't............and then the seven Mexicans living on my property cause they were too poor to find anyplace else (5 children 2 parents).....they put their trailer here...I came home from visiting my Dad to find no less the ten fire trucks and ambulances on my property................the trailer had burned to the ground, no one hurt. I,ve got one hellacious mess to clean up of burnt trailer.............................But FINALY the community is coming together to help the poor family to try and get a tamale take out business going.
The influenza bug is REALLY bad and I'm in the trenches at work trying to not get slimed by the coughing, hacking, febrile masses. Yucky gross sputum. My teenage son has it and is too sick to be obnoxious.
And I haven't found an avatar I like yet.
There are no locomotives or alcohol involved as yet though I'd appreciate any suggestions regarding song lyrics or best type of alcohol to go with my problems.

Lolita

blyslv

Postby blyslv » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:11 pm

I'm broke and I hate my job. Really broke. And I haven't yet figured out a way to figure out what I want to do!
Fight for the fifth freedom!

tzimisce1313

Postby tzimisce1313 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:55 pm

blyslv wrote:I'm broke and I hate my job. Really broke. And I haven't yet figured out a way to figure out what I want to do!

well, count me in for a part of that gripe. i have figured out what i want to do with my life.

but i have a shitty job and am constantly broke.

alice

Re: my head hurts

Postby alice » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:58 pm

lolitadelagorgonzola wrote: There are no locomotives or alcohol involved as yet though I'd appreciate any suggestions regarding song lyrics or best type of alcohol to go with my problems Lolita

may i suggest everclear?
bitch all you want - it won't change nothin.

SED

Postby SED » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:14 pm

tzimisce1313 wrote:well, i guess it depends as to what sort of problem you want to hear? :wink:

Whaddya got?

Wind_Borne

Postby Wind_Borne » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:05 pm

A while back an old associate asked me to join him in a new business venture. Things started OK; but then went south in a bad way. Eventually, in the process of covering losses and ensuring that all creditors and workers got paid, I lost most of my money and my home.

The irony -- my former associate is pissed that I don't care to loose any more!

But hey... Life goes on. Today's a new chapter. And it's Christmas time. So sorry SED, I have no problems worth mentioning.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
-- George Washington

SED

Postby SED » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:02 pm

Wind_Borne wrote:So sorry SED, I have no problems worth mentioning.

Wanna trade brains?

Wind_Borne

Postby Wind_Borne » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:47 pm

Does yours work better than mine?
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

-- George Washington

Isotopia

Postby Isotopia » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:51 pm

My problem lately is reading 'Adbusters' magazine and being damn near overwhelmed by the raw fucking truth of what some people like myself feel up against when contemplating what's really wrong with the corporation-fueled line of bullshit and (dis)information that billions of advertising dollars go towards promulgating every day.

That, and why I write such long sentences when trying to express myself.

stu

Postby stu » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:06 pm

Just the usual winter related blues. But, there are only 13 days until the solstice, then the days will be getting longer again.

ciao and love
<i>What's</i> my fucking gift?

Dustdevil
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers

Problems

Postby Dustdevil » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:14 pm

This is a real problem. With only 270 days remaining, I am having difficulty designing a gate valve that will allow limited amounts of Titanium and Magnesium shavings into the jet stream of my fire art project. I must dump the entire hopper or the gate sticks and the particles just flow slowly into the jetstream and I lose the effect. I think I will be forced to reload the hopper before each use and dump the entire load at one time. And my wife does not understand me.
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.

Iago
Burning Since: 1998
Camp Name: I Camp Remember

Postby Iago » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:08 pm

Hey Dustdevil, How about a butterfly valve used in a single barrel carberateur. Huge variety to select from at the junk yard. Start with small cc motorcycle to an edorado, you pick the year...

Araceli

Postby Araceli » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:48 pm

How am I going to remember who is who when I meet some of this group?

SED

Postby SED » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:09 am

My spoon is too big.

I'm a banana!

My anus is bleeding!

Rob the Wop

Postby Rob the Wop » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:42 am

Watch as ticks fly out of my nipples.

I am a consumer whore!
The other, other white meat.

Lydia Love

Postby Lydia Love » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:59 am

hmmm... yeah. Saying "the guy in the red suit" just ain't gonna cut it is it?
It's all about the squirrels.

Sanjanaclouds

I'm homeless

Postby Sanjanaclouds » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:20 am

Kinda... my ex-roommate/friend decided to break lease and move to another part of the state. Leavening me w/o a home, and because I had so little notice I didnt have enough time to find a new home nor enough money to pay rent on my own even if i did.

So I've had to move back in w/ my parents after living on my own for the past 5 years. Its a sad, sad, very sad world :cry: .

But its ok, because now I have no bills :D

See, every cloud has its silver lining. :wink:

Oh yeah, and my boyfriend was deployed :( He's gone for the next year and a half, minimum.
~Moon and Tides~

SHARPER

Problems?

Postby SHARPER » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:00 pm

My dog died. My boyfriend left me for my brother. I can't remember the words to the redneck version of 12 days of christmas and the tequila is all gone. Bright side - I will be joining the red suited guys in LA on Saturday for Santacon!
Do not think of me as gone, I am with you still in each new dawn.

technopatra

problems..kinda

Postby technopatra » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:43 pm

My best friend had to put her cat to sleep this morning and I couldn't be with her because she couldn't get a hold of me to tell me because THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS AT SPRINT did not credit an online payment I made last week and turned off my service without even text-message warning me.

Frodo was the coolest cat ever and my old roommate. We had a bond that transcended pets & owners. We were friends and I'll miss him terribly. I could kill those fuckers for causing my friend to go through this alone.

technopatra

wait a sec

Postby technopatra » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:48 pm

ok I came here and just posted my own problem, then went and read everyone else's.

Sharper and Sanjanaclouds, I'm so sorry for your losses.

Kinetic II

Postby Kinetic II » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:17 pm

http://3playa.cultureshark.net/?view_th ... 476#bottom
Click on LAST, then scroll back a few pages. When you find Trey's second thread link make sure you read it in a creepy Cartman style voice.

Here's another one to look at...
http://3playa.cultureshark.net/?view_th ... &start=358
Again click on last and work backwards. About the only thing they haven't done is work me into their ongoing story over there.

Why does this group have to overanalyze everything I write, or the people that I know? Or the trolls? The trolls are lurking over there most likely and are getting a kick off their discussions. If your going to tell people to stop feeding trolls, start with yourself. Don't be posting negative stuff.

I'm crazy sometimes but any group that becomes this obsessed with someone has bigger problems than I do.

SED

Postby SED » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:33 pm

K2, I started this thread so that anyone with problems could (and would) say so, and maybe get some perspective.

As you scroll through the more serious postings, I hope you get the sense that the bulk of your problems are self-generated.

For my own part, I can only make up silly joke problems, because I can't see that what I think are real ones stack up to much. Also, that my difficulties, like yours as you have described them, are of my own creation. I'm actually kind of embarrassed about them.

Kinetic II

Postby Kinetic II » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:48 pm

SED, I am very much aware of the seriousness of the thread.

I'm going to leave that post up because it jammed the channel and gave me a chance to ask something. Sharper, Sanjanaclouds, Technopatra, and others have had a rough time of it lately. Here we are going into the holidays and we're reading posts about how bad things have went for them. Is there anything as a group we could do to brighten their day?

TP, I'd call Sprint back and push the account hotlining issue. They have rolled out a lot of new code changes to get ready for WLNP: Local number portability. It might be a great time to see how long you have on your contract and tell them your thinking about switching to Verizon or T-Mobile. If the CSA knows their stuff they will pull up some special plans or additions that can save you some money. Which right before the holidays is always welcome.

I can't help the others except offer a sympathetic ear. But maybe someone else has ideas. And if others post, let's see if we can lift their spirits somehow. That's all I want out of this.

Araceli

Postby Araceli » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:28 am

K, think before you post so you don't spend time covering your tracks.

Sanjanaclouds

Postby Sanjanaclouds » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:12 am

Personally I don't think I've had it all that rough or that my problems are too much for me to handle. Yes, I had to move back in with the family but we're a very close knit bunch, I love them they love me, and they have plenty of room, so its not all that bad (hence the smileys on the earlier post). As for my boyfriend that was tough, but as long as he continues to write, and I know he's safe, I'm cool. He's not worried so I try not to be.
Plenty of people have bigger problems than mine, or that they feel are more than they can take on. So although I appreciate the e-shoulders that have been extended I suggest we all give our support to those who actually deserve and need it.
~Moon and Tides~

DangerMouse
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Bacon Lube - The 8th Food Group

Postby DangerMouse » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:33 am

My problem is that bitch in the big ass excursion driving like a maniac on ice because 4 wheel drive = better handling and stopping power right?

Oh, and her kids hopping up and down in the back seat make it all the more charming.

Darwin at work.

Plus, I went to Taco Hell and they put lettuce in my taco. I told them no lettuce. NO LETTUCE!

Okay, I'm going to go burn the office down now.

Last Real Burner

Death by Foo Foo...

Postby Last Real Burner » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:02 am

Cool....

Can we come watch?

Espically the part where you shoot the innocent victems as they run out of the building. Fucking Sheep!

regrettably,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

SED

Postby SED » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:04 am

[quote="DangerMouse"]

Darwin at work.

Plus, I went to Taco Hell and they put lettuce in my taco. I told them no lettuce. NO LETTUCE!

quote]

You are what you eat but you also are what eats you.

Sounds like a big fat Excurso-Mommy just ate your Taco Bell.
She's probably regurgitating it to her kids in a massive McMansion lined with fast food packaging and crushed small cars.

Your just a part of much larger universe, DM. Why can't you just let go and embrace it?

Return to “Open Discussion”