Gods

All things outside of Burning Man.

I believe that are...

No such thing as a god and life ends when you die?
17%
No such thing as a god and life ends when you die?
17%
There is such an entity as a God, but only one and you don't die but live in eternal bliss in heaven or burn in hell?
7%
There is such an entity as a God, but only one and you don't die but live in eternal bliss in heaven or burn in hell?
7%
There are many gods and you don't die but continue in alternate cycles of the spirit world and the matierial world?
26%
There are many gods and you don't die but continue in alternate cycles of the spirit world and the matierial world?
26%

Total votes: 334

Apollonaris Zeus

Gods

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:03 pm

2,000 years of the One God belief and all to see is more war, division, famine and the distruction of the enviroment and family! Christian Generals speaking of his superior God over the Muslim God. Christian President speaks that his God is humble and a forgiving God, but yet seeks a war with lies and deception without regard for the innocent lives.

Has the house of Abraham and the decentant related religions become the supreme disfunction family of God! Or has God abandon them for their 2,000 years of religious arrogance and non-acceptance of others and their belief in God(s) and their oppressive intepretation of the word of God.

A II Z

Apollonaris Zeus

Was the practise of Book burning by Christians a cover up..

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:24 pm

of past crimes!

Recently the topic was brought up for evaluation by researchers, attorneys, historians and judges in Italy whether or not Nero or the christians was responsible for the burning of Rome in the first century AD. or was it an accident and Nero blamed the Christians to save his ass!

After careful review it was pointed out that with probability of 90% that the christains were behind the burnings and deaths of tens of thousands lives. Some claimed that the christians were 100% behind the burnings but couldn't be exact because first hand accounts of the incident documenting that christian slaves were seen touching buildings were distroyed by christain book burnings, such as the burning of the library of Alexander and Hypathia, trying to hide their dirty little secret. 2,000 years later.

When Emperor Constantine, forced the Christain fate on the masses were thousands of Roman and Greek Pantheists burnt and persecuted as the Wecans, Jews, muslims and a multitude of colorful pagan religions the world over were to be persecuted during their 2,000 reign.

With what has happened since the flaming of rome, did Jesus, whom I beleive never wanted a non-Hebrew form of religion for the Gentiles, but for Jews to return to their Othodox beliefs, desert them then 2,000 for using his name to carry out deaths of innocent! As a once True believer of the Christian faith, I believe so!

A II Z

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:37 pm

speaking of many Gods, any comments on Bush, Saddam, Bin Ladden and Trent resnors Gods?

:twisted:

Zulegoona

Post by Zulegoona » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:48 pm

Dog! I have 3 dogs, I love my dogkids and still haven't figured out what to do with them when I make my first playa trip this year.

Last Real Burner

Post by Last Real Burner » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:18 pm

Zulegoona wrote:Dog! I have 3 dogs, I love my dogkids and still haven't figured out what to do with them when I make my first playa trip this year.
:roll: Try the freezer. It keeps them nice and fresh and ready to thaw and use when you return.

opinionatedly,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:56 pm

"You can get people to kill each other over land. You can get people to kill each other over water. But if you really want them to go at it whole heartedly, get them to do it over religion"

BTW, It is my opinion that there is a difference in being spiritual and being religious. And you can believe that there is a God without being “religious”. What do I personally believe? Well now... you’ll just have to ask me personally.

Peace

M

Apollonaris Zeus

Dress your Dogs into Gods and dedicate a temple to them...

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:17 am

Zulegoona wrote:Dog! I have 3 dogs, I love my dogkids and still haven't figured out what to do with them when I make my first playa trip this year.
... and dedicate a temple to them where people can pay homage to the Dog Gods of the playa. Otherwise, leave them at home and they will think you are the Dog God!

A II Z

Apollonaris Zeus

Is the concept of a one god religion inherently an...

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:28 am

LaChatNoir wrote:"You can get people to kill each other over land. You can get people to kill each other over water. But if you really want them to go at it whole heartedly, get them to do it over religion"
M
...indefferent one!

It is one when people of one religion fight over worldly things, but when they fight over interpretation of the word within their religion as well of those of other religions, it is.

A II Z

PS- "Wha'cha say'n bout ma Goud, Dude!

fnord

Post by fnord » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:25 pm

People fighting over interpretations of god is like fighting over the color of oxygen. Better to just breathe.

Apollonaris Zeus

Who's fighting?

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:30 am

Fighting over gods is silly and its poor entertainment for them anyway!

Alright, lets have some fun then.

Lets play which god am I.

I am the born of the virgin!

Who am I?

A II Z

juanicoheal

Uranus

Post by juanicoheal » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:55 pm

...... and he went on to marry his mother (Gaea), and create many Titanic children.

tonka

Post by tonka » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:05 pm

"God is a comedian playing to an audience to scared to laugh." -Voltaire

:lol:
[size=75]baring your soul kinda feels like taking off a PVC catsuit after dancing in it all night at a techno rave party...[/size]

tonka

Post by tonka » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:24 pm

i grew up in the type of family where we never went to church, didnt own a bible (i dont think so anyway), and had no strong opinions on any particular religion or seeing them as being right or wrong.

over the years of my life i have gotten to know a little bit about only a handful of religons (and a few cults) out there, but from my life experiences so far figure i know way too little about anything to make up my mind about what there is after death, how the world started, or who, if anyone crontrols the universe...

my current beliefs are right now a brew of many belief systems, and coming from all the people ive met, and the things ive experienced in life. im sure i could write my own book by now, or start some crazy "tonka cult" or something, but i dont think that anyone has the right to set a path for someone else.

whatever you believe life is ment for, whether that be pleasing a god or many gods with worship, leaving a legacy of some sort, bettering humanity, or bettering yourself, maybe becoming one with nature, or maybe you believe life is just a party and youve gotta have fun while it lasts... but i believe youve got to do whatever your heart is set on, and hopefully that doesnt interupt anyone elses plans....

my mind is not set, and both my heart and soul keep changing thier minds after a new experience each day... i dont believe my journey in life will ever be fully complete, although im not about to give up...
[size=75]baring your soul kinda feels like taking off a PVC catsuit after dancing in it all night at a techno rave party...[/size]

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:14 pm

i dont think that anyone has the right to set a path for someone else.
Wise...

I have heard it said, "Many Paths, One Mountain... Many Rivers, One Sea"

And like a walk on a path or the flow of water, neither stand still very long. Keep moving, keep growing....

Apollonaris Zeus

Who's Anus are you talking about?

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:40 am

juanicoheal wrote:...... and he went on to marry his mother (Gaea), and create many Titanic children.
Yes, Cronus. The Titan that Zeus dethroned.

To be born of the Virgin was was applied to many gods.

Apollo was one is which St Peter give that honor to.

But the label virgin didn't always mean what it means today. It also meant to be free from corruption.

Not all the Vestal Virgins weren't virgins at all- They were Roman deities and St Peter stole that idea too.

Tonka- like sex, we should leave our children to be and they would develope they're own natural spiritual awareness. But some individuals are more atune to being connected and can channel the spiritual world. Its too bad that man discovered it to be a very prophet(able) and the most powerful way to control the masses.

OK now back to our game:

Who is this God?

I hurl bolts of lightening!

What God am I?

A II Z

juanicoheal

Post by juanicoheal » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:06 pm

Hey Apollonaris -

Which area of the world do you want it from.....

Almost every culture has a thunderbolt tosser. From your Cronos defeating, Hades beating, MR. ZEUS the Olympian. Right to the "one and only (with a capital G)- 'God'"

Smiting by thunderbolt is probably a sport of choice in the "vaults" - aside from the "Who's got the most followers?" board game.

Apollonaris Zeus

Native Americans your Earth Spirit is a beautiful God!

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:21 pm

for I have met her. Thank you Earth Spirit for offering the Turtle Spirits to me. I will make wise use of them for I make them my Totem.
juanicoheal wrote:Hey Apollonaris -

"one and only (with a capital G)- 'God'"
Can you not see it!

What God would ask his own worshippers to kill their offspring!

Brings plagues and famine to those that follow him as a test of their faith!

Have no other God before me!

The one god concept is a concept of intolerance and indefference!

Only a Titan would do such things!

Beware Juan, the "God" you speak sounds very much like a Titan!

we were told thousands of years ago that they might escape from Hades and the world would be ruled by Titans once again!

And if this upsets you of what I say, then maybe what I say is true!

PS- Oh, You forgot lightning hurling Odin too- the other Teutonic God!
And Zeus didn't beat his brother Hades, unless you equate "Chosing Lots" with his brothers as a motal competition. Zeus rules by concensus of the other Gods. Our Gods are democratic just like highly evolved govenments with decisions. Even Zeus knows that the faiths can be more powerful then him.

juanicoheal

Post by juanicoheal » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:57 pm

Hey, A II Z

We haven't even gone to the middle or eastern areas of pangea yet...

No matter how you call it - I think Hades got the short end of the stick. Poseidon at least got a bath out of the whole mess.

As a thespian, one of my favorites is the god not of woman born..

Badger

Post by Badger » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:00 pm

As a thespian, one of my favorites is the god not of woman born..
Ceasar was not a goD. I'll admit he'd probably think differently of my opinion though.
Desert dogs drink deep.

juanicoheal

Post by juanicoheal » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:57 am

Caesar never went to pieces either...... but made a damn fine drink.

Rob the Wop

Muhammad.

Post by Rob the Wop » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:51 pm

Taking Western Civ: Middle to Reniassance and India History. Both contain write-ups on Muhammad. I kinda liked his approach to things (as opposed to say, the Crusades, Inquisition, and Warrior Popes). Though both Xians and Muslims at the time had a thing for pagans and atheists that wasn't too keen.

Until I started on the essay on his actual life.
Wow.
He purportedly had nine wifes (against his own Qur'an). A couple of them had their husbands murdered to allow him to marry them. One of them, Aisha, he married at 6yrs- and then consumated the marraige at 9yrs. He waited that long due to an apparent illness she had at the time.

I never liked organized religion when I practiced, and I like it even less after getting details on the history of it all.

Off to worship my penis now. That seems like the safest bet so far. Next steps- find followers.
[b]The other, other white meat.[/b]

Apollonaris Zeus

Schwartzenegger for God!

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:39 pm

Athena she was and sprung from the head of Zeus!

What a role model that Athena was and she could kick some ass too! Apollo and most of the other Gods would run from her fury!

Women in most other religions were submissive and weak to the male dieties, but not the Greek Gods!

Let me lose on the Island of Lesbos any day cuz those Amazons would fuck your head off Literally!

A II Z

diane o'thirst

Post by diane o'thirst » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:02 am

"What God would ask his own worshippers to kill their offspring!"

A fair number of the Aztec deities did that. Tezcatlipoca and Tlaloc come to mind immediately. Brujeria also comes to mind, the "dark path" Voudoun, Satanism and black magic did it, too...then again, Satanism is really just an extreme Abrahamist cult from the other direction, for all their protestations. Human sacrifice was not unheard of among those "enlightened" Hellenics and pre-Siddhartha Hindus, too.

Here's a thought: war as mass-scale human sacrifice? Bet Moctezuma wishes he could reincarnate as a general...
[url=http://tinyurl.com/245sagf][img]http://tinyurl.com/2bbr28j/.gif[/img][/url][url=http://tinyurl.com/23753ws][img]http://tinyurl.com/2auqebj/.gif[/img][/url][url=http://tinyurl.com/m4y82q][img]http://tinyurl.com/l56rdn/.gif[/img][/url]

technopatra

Re: Schwartzenegger for God!

Post by technopatra » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:29 am

Apollonaris Zeus wrote: Women in most other religions were submissive and weak to the male dieties, but not the Greek Gods!

A II Z
In Hawaiian mythology,

Vahine-nui-tahu-ra'i (Great-woman-who-set-fire-to-the-sky) protected people from the oppression of aggressive men.

Haumea rescued her husband from kidnappers and when they persued him she killed them by making a tree spray poisonous splinters when they tried to cut it.

And the fire goddess Pele not only destroyed the land of Puna because its chief was boastful, murdered her lover Lohiau - twice - when he fell in love with another... but also laid a curse on all who remove volcanic rock from the ocean or the land that still kills tourists today. When I was a kid there all the kids knew the story of the haole from Arkansas (Texas? Indiana?) that died when a barracuda drove itself straight into his skull while he was snorkeling. He was found with volcanic rock in the pocket of his swin trunks.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Athena a Feminist? I don't think so. . .

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:09 pm

Let's remember that Athena okayed Orestes' killing of his mother. He killed his mother (Clymanestra) because she killed his father (Agamemnon.) He had killed their daughter Iphegenia (or is that the beach in Rio?--boy I'm addled) in order to raise a wind to sail to Troy and fetch Helen back. So potentially it's okay to kill your mom and your daughter (if you're a man) but not to run away from your husband for someone cuter or to kill your husband for killing your kid. (Of course, Athena didn't have a husband or kids, so no telling if she knew how irritating and precious they are.) She also had a bad habit of helping proto-patriarchal heroes overthrow women with power.

Wind_Borne

Post by Wind_Borne » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:13 pm

Tall and tan and young and lovely,
The Goddess from Ipanema goes walking,
And when she passes each ones she passes goes "a-a-ah!"
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
-- George Washington

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:07 pm

diane o'thirst wrote:"What God would ask his own worshippers to kill their offspring!"

Human sacrifice was not unheard of among those "enlightened" Hellenics and pre-Siddhartha Hindus, too.
True that Human sacrifice was a part of the Hellenics history, but it was a rite carried on by followers of the ancient beliefs to pacify the daemon Titan monsters. Somewhere around 4300 – 1500 BC most human sacrifices ended and only continued in poems.

Very Ancient Greece was not the most fruitful place for agriculture and the wilderness was no place for the weak. Real Lions, bears, boars and wild cattle- not your docile cows of today- laid in wait just out side the settlements so it was important that only the fittest lived. They practiced infanticide on only those children that could be judged handicapped or unhealthy which could possibly jeopardize the existence of all. Sadly, many healthy children died, left abandon the mountain side to be eaten by the wild beasts. But many people of the world then, as now practice it We in the Modern Age kill more children by using amniocentesis tests then all the Hellenist of ancient times combined.

But a family must do what it must so that the future of all the children isn’t jeopardize.

A II Z

Apollonaris Zeus

Goverment covers up the coming of the "End of Mankind!&

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:23 pm

You may have heard it today. Nasa sent a space ship to rendezvous with asteroid to deflect it! I don't know if it will work! But a little over a month and a half, it was detected and was thought that it might hit us, but the astronomers wanted more time to recalculate the trajectory. They never released the findings and now this. Something is up and the gov isn't saying a thing. What’s up?

I had another recurrence of a dream. A dream of which I thought was a terrorist attack. This time there was more details. In it, there are pryroclastics falling out of the sky coming from a vent on the side of a volcano with massive lava flows as I hike through a forest trying to get away. A woman is with me of which I have yet to meet. Then I wake up.

As many of you know, Yellowstone NP has a giant bulge that has been forming under Yellowstone Lake. I live less then a hundred miles from the lake- just off-center of the largest caldera on earth. Ground Zero. This dome is within an even much bigger dome has been rising for the last 20 years next to the lake. Its risen only several feet, but it covers hundreds of square miles. Officials blow both of them off, just like they did with Mt St. Helens when it too before it too blew it top!

In Mt. St. Helens, a rift formed on the side of the volcano. Officials didn’t know at the time that a lake was forming in the rift. St Helens and Yellowstone have two things in common. They are made of the same type of lava- Rhyolite. Rhyolite has some very disturbing properties. It contains high amounts of H2O and very much like a pressure cooker when its lit is removed while hot. It explodes with great force. If water is present when it does, it will become twice as explosive, like St Helens when that lake water came in contact with the lava.

Now that bulge under Yellowstone Lake might just be a steam pocket with no lava near enough to cause a massive explosion, but if you include the larger dome which cover most of the lake a surrounding area that might mean that lava is close enough that under certain conditions could cause the lava to come in contact with the water. One of those conditions is an asteroid collision and it doesn’t even have to within thousand of miles to get a chain reaction. The earth’s mantel will undulate much like a pebble’s expanding waves to form cracks or rifts allowing the lava to make contact with the water. We are speaking of billions of gallons of water turning instantly into a super heated steam creating the largest explosion this earth has seen in the last 60 million years. Combine the dust clouds that might cover the southern hemisphere from the asteroid falling there with a similar dust cloud in the northern hemisphere covering the earth in a matter of hours not the weeks that only one could cause and you have a massive species die off. 60 millions years ago it was the age of dinosaurs that ended and the age of mammals took over. We eventually evolved from a very primitive mammal, but if evolution forms from another mammal, today it would be a mammal that has evolved into a far superior creature then the one’s we evolved from.

Sorry Creationist but evolution is the Gods tool!

Maybe the symbolization of the Burning Man is this. That from our ashes come beings that might truly ascend to travel the stars to reunite with the Gods! But only a being that lives side by side with others that may look and act different and pray to Gods different from their Gods. Maybe those are the Gods of the Hellenic Pantheon, for it was told that Zeus came from a star beyond our galaxy somewhere between Pollex and Castor. The other Gods came from other galaxies beyond too.

Don’t be sad of what I just said for many of you will be reborn into that race and the others like Hitler, Osama and GW Bush or these people that kill in the name of a nameless god for they will be working hard as your soil decomposers for what will seem an eternity to them.

I once said and will say it once more. No living form that can’t even live amongst itself can ever be allowed to infect the stars with its disease of Hate and Indifference- for we are not the ones for it is time to move on and allow those that can live together without lies and deceptions! The Gods have been patience long enough- and I need to burn a fatty now!

A II Z

Apollonaris Zeus

PS-

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:40 pm

Just one little note I forgot.

They found what may be the indication of water on Mars which means that a planet's fertility doesn't last forever. Someday earth will be a barren wasteland much like Mars. Every day the Moon, one of the elements of our stable rotation, drifts further away. Solar flares on the sun will intensify stripping away what ever atmosphere and the oxygen and moisture with it. Time is of the essence and I fear another collapse of civilization maybe near much like the one which the Christians started two thousand years ago and planets like ours are rare in the Universe. So little time. So much to evolve to.

A II Z

Badger

Post by Badger » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:21 pm

So little time. So much to evolve to.
Well 5 billion years till doomsday gives us a little breathing room.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/env99/env024.htm
Desert dogs drink deep.

Return to “Open Discussion”