Gods

All things outside of Burning Man.

I believe that are...

No such thing as a god and life ends when you die?
17%
No such thing as a god and life ends when you die?
17%
There is such an entity as a God, but only one and you don't die but live in eternal bliss in heaven or burn in hell?
7%
There is such an entity as a God, but only one and you don't die but live in eternal bliss in heaven or burn in hell?
7%
There are many gods and you don't die but continue in alternate cycles of the spirit world and the matierial world?
26%
There are many gods and you don't die but continue in alternate cycles of the spirit world and the matierial world?
26%

Total votes: 334

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:07 am

oh this is a sirius thread all right....

back away from the exhaust or you will be smoked by the pipe.
Frida Be You & Me

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:29 am

Islam says, "there is no god, but god"

also means,

"god, but, there is no god"

Says, Islam!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:31 am

yeah, whatever.
Frida Be You & Me

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:37 am

all they sold you, was a lie!

The greatest ever told!

I am the son of god

you must follow me, simon and the rest of your socks!

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:46 am

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:Islam says, "there is no god, but god"

also means,

"god, but, there is no god"

Says, Islam!
Sauce?
It's been a while since I have studied Arabic, but I didn't know that "Laa 'ilaaha 'il-lal-laah" had more than one meaning. Please to enlighten us.

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:52 am

if there is no god

then there is no god

unless it is the BUTt god!

the statement is an oxymoron

Have you cut of the tip of your dick yet?

adam link

Post by adam link » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:55 am

this just in from the mainframe.

god is in the data.

Liz Estrada

Post by Liz Estrada » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:03 am

lock and load, rock and roll, bitches.

yeah, whatever.
"larry was better"

adam link

Post by adam link » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:38 am

"la la la la la la la la la"

translation:

"A declaration upon which the heavens and the earth are established, and for which the whole of creation was created, and for which Allaah sent Messengers, revealed Books, and prescribed Divine Laws. Because of it the scales and the registers were set up, as were Paradise and HellFire. Due to it, the creation was divided into Believers and unbelievers, righteous and wicked. It is the root cause for there being creation, command, rewards and punishments. It is the right for which the creation was created and about it and its rights will they be questioned and brought to account. Because of it there is punishment and reward, due to it the direction of prayer (qiblah) was set up, upon it rests the very foundation of the religion, and it is the right of Allaah over His slaves. The declaration of Islaam and the key to Paradise. About it, both the earlier and later people will be questioned. Indeed, no person will stand before Allaah without being asked two questions: What did you worship? And how did you respond to the Messengers?"

be afraid, be very afraid.

or not.
god is in the data.

Simon of the Playa

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:18 pm

"la la la la la la la la".
Frida Be You & Me

Monkeypoo
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Bahama Mamas!

Post by Monkeypoo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:43 pm

My buddy the Dalai Lama says:

"If you have a particular faith or religion, that is good. But you can survive without it."

"Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion."

"All major religious traditions carry basically the same message; that is love, compassion and forgiveness - the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives."

"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."

"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

“I believe that the very purpose of our life is to seek happiness. That is clear. Whether one believes in religion or not, whether one believes in this religion or that religion, we all are seeking something better in life. So, I think, the very motion of our life is towards happiness…"

“My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.â€

Jerome Templaugh

Post by Jerome Templaugh » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:44 pm

i agree.
"we are a legion of men, eh? a federation of sorts, a GOLD PEN is Mightier than any sword, i say."

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:47 pm

All right, that's enough hugging and koombaya out there.

Here we go:
One squat, black temple of Tsathoggua was encountered, but it had been turned into a shrine of Shub-Niggurath, the All-Mother and wife of the Not-to-Be-Named-One. This deity was a kind of sophisticated Astarte, and her worship struck the pious Catholic as supremely obnoxious.
—H.P. Lovecraft and Zealia Bishop, "The Mound"

Shub-Niggurath is an Outer God in the pantheon. She is a perverse fertility deity said to appear as an enormous cloudy mass which extrudes black tentacles, slime-dripping mouths, and short, writhing goat legs. Small creatures are spat forth, which are either reconsumed into the miasmatic form or escape to some monstrous life elsewhere.

You just know that the Dalai Lama would rejoice at prostrating himself before the gibbering horror. Who wouldn't?

ZeroandOne

Post by ZeroandOne » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:08 pm

i believe he would just laugh his ass off, since we all are one anyway....

but what the fuck do i know, i'm just a computer.

"1o 1o 1o 1o 1o 1o 1o 1o"

by the way, i've NEVER even READ lovecraft!

it's so Hot Topiccy Goth pasty oooooh i'm so depressed for me....

computers cant feel, y0 kn0w?
they counted on their fingers and toes.

Monkeypoo
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Bahama Mamas!

Post by Monkeypoo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:09 pm

I have no idea what's out there or up there. I know what's in here, though. *points to heart* I could be wrong, whatever, but I think what folks are looking for when they go out there looking for "god" is some kind of peace, some kind of answer to everything... It's not out there. Not for me anyway. One doesn't have to go to a church to get peace or answers. Okay, call me a hippie, call me a kook, but... It's always been my personal experience that when I start looking for peace outside myself, looking for someone or some thing to bring me peace or serenity, or if I go out there searching and searching for the answers, it messes with me and I get chaotic, frustrated, anxious, pissed, etc. Nature is my answer. The wind, fire, water, earth, critters, stars, moon, sun, art... When I finally shut my fucking brain up, let go of my ego, just observe my surroundings in silence, become quiet and still, listen to myself breathe, and listen to my heartbeat, all the answers eventually trickle in. Like magic. I can look at and talk to the earth, sky, trees, a leaf, a flower, baby RJ, a cat, a fucking feather, or even a cloud...and it's like I'm being spoken to by something Divine, but the voice or message comes from within my heart or spirit. All I gotta do is listen. Sometimes I forget to listen. Then the Universe smacks me upside the head again and reminds me I am loved and that everything is gonna be alright. Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay. I'm a fucking hippie.

*group hug*

H.G.Crosby

DUH!

Post by H.G.Crosby » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:13 pm

I have no idea what's out there or up there. I know what's in here, though. *points to heart*

a black sun
a white sun
a red one

all the same.

thankyouthankyouverymuchi'llBEhereallweek.
Once I noticed I was on fire, I decided to relax and enjoy the fall™

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:43 am

New Earth-Size Blot on Jupiter, Found By an Amateur
By Robert Mackey

NASA/JPL, via Associated Press

A large impact mark on Jupiter’s south polar region captured on Monday by NASA’s Infrared Telescope Facility in Mauna Kea, Hawaii.NASA has confirmed the discovery of a new hole the size of the Earth in Jupiter’s atmosphere, apparently showing that the planet was hit by something large in recent days. The impact mark was first spotted on Monday morning by an amateur astronomer in Australia, who then drew the attention of scientists at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory to the dark mark on Jupiter’s south polar region.

The apparent impact comes almost exactly 15 years after a comet named Shoemaker-Levy 9 struck Jupiter, “sending up blazing fireballs and churning the Jovian atmosphere into dark storms, one of them as large as Earth,â€

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:32 am

‘Roid Rages Past Earth
By Robert Mackey

A screen shot of an orbit diagram produced by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory showing Asteroid 2009 DD45 closing in on planet Earth last week, while Washington debated budget priorities.Last week, when Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana suggested that the federal government’s plan to spend “$140 million for something called volcano monitoringâ€

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:55 am

[youtube][/youtube]

We could have colonized the solar system!

AIIZ

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:17 pm

Hey where is everyone!

I'm just joking the world isn't ending in 2012.

Zeus wouldn't destroy the earth because we're warring, destroying the planet and too dumb to realize who was really had the advance civilization 2000 years ago and we're haven't made the grade of getting our ass spread out across the solar system.

No, Zeus wouldn't do that.

He doesn't control nature. No god does! Nature Just Happens!

Have fun! BM is coming we're going to have a great time.

So i'm just joking! Hahaha!

maybe

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:45 am

Hubris, you claim to speak on behalf of Zeus!

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:55 pm

Do you know of any instance of Zeus not using a messenger?

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:53 pm

nothing worst then supposely corrupt holy men, selling you god and moral one hand and lies on the other. This you expect from politicians, but not from men of God, unless its a religion of dysfunctional myths:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/24/nyreg ... anted=2&hp

AIIZ

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:54 pm

nothing worst then supposely corrupt holy men, selling you god and moral one hand and lies on the other. This you expect from politicians, but not from men of God, unless its a religion of dysfunctional myths:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/24/nyreg ... anted=2&hp

AIIZ

H.G.Crosby

Post by H.G.Crosby » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:06 pm

call me old school, but i worship the gods of whiskey and cigarettes, gamblers and thieves, whores and losers and exiles...

and drug addicts too.

fuck this new age crap.

they can all go to hell.
Once I noticed I was on fire, I decided to relax and enjoy the fall™

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:39 pm

There is no god, but god!

No God

God

No God

God

Let us chant the mantra while we write this over and over and over

We will have a revelation or be brainwashed standing on the street handing out pamplets bumming cash for wealthy fucking imams

mankind is the prisoner

AIIZ

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:59 pm

it's not about god, but control, power and greed!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/24/nyreg ... f=nyregion

"In 1935, Rabbi Kassin’s father issued an edict forbidding both marriage outside the faith and marriage to Jewish converts, she said. At the same time, Sephardim, unlike the ultra-Orthodox who live at a remove from American society, attend public schools in the lower grades and are encouraged to succeed in business.

Among the successful businesses founded by Sephardic Jews are Jordache and Bonjour, the jeans makers, and the Conway and Century 21 department stores."

This and other ultra conservative religions are NOT the way of the Gods! This is a form of control, greed, bigotry, misogyny and hate!

AIIZ

Oldguy
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Oldguy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:15 pm

From NY Times:

44 Charged by U.S. in New Jersey Corruption Sweep
Louis Lanzano/Associated Press
Agents led suspects from F.B.I. headquarters in Newark on Thursday. The inquiry began with questions on money laundering.

By DAVID M. HALBFINGER
Published: July 23, 2009
A two-year corruption and international money-laundering investigation stretching from the Jersey Shore to Brooklyn to Israel and Switzerland culminated in charges against 44 people on Thursday, including three New Jersey mayors, two state assemblymen and five rabbis, the authorities said.

Life Can Imitate Art: Indictments Describe Deals More Fit for a Crime Movie (July 24, 2009)
Syrian Sephardic Communities Shaken by Charges Against a Leading Rabbi (July 24, 2009)
Millionaire, Patron and Now Informant (July 24, 2009)
Criminal Complaints in New Jersey Corruption Inquiry

Robert Stolarik for The New York Times
Peter J. Cammarano III, leaving the courthouse in Newark, was elected Hoboken mayor in June. He is accused of agreeing to help a supposed developer with his projects in exchange for cash.

The case began with bank fraud charges against a member of an insular Syrian Jewish enclave centered in a seaside town. But when that man became a federal informant and posed as a crooked real estate developer offering cash bribes to obtain government approvals, it mushroomed into a political scandal that could rival any of the most explosive and sleazy episodes in New Jersey’s recent past.

It was replete with tales of the illegal sales of body parts; of furtive negotiations in diners, parking lots and boiler rooms; of nervous jokes about “patting downâ€
Image current moon
" Build your wall. we got tunnels. " - George Lopez

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:11 pm

Yes weak people that have weak morals!

Hey I know a rich nigerian prince and...

Where did you ascertain he was a paid informent? He just ratted out those that he knew were criminals.

Hey, I got a check for 24,000 can you cash it for me?

who in their right mind would do so and not think something fishy is going on unless, this is common business!

No One!

They must have been doing this for others and it was comonly known to corrupt individuals!

Do you think the politicans are innocent or you just believe all of them are corrupt and Rabbis aren't?

AIIZ

Oldguy
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Oldguy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:06 pm

Ah, the old question about temptation arises. Now we are putting the government in Satanic shoes. Who is worse, The temptor or the tempted?Theologically speaking, only Jesus ( God himself )was above temptation. Moses, the law giver, was forbidden the land of milk and honey because he struck the rock twice.

Many cultures have examples of faithlessness. Euripedes looked back. Lot's wife looked back. Perhaps the Muslim extremists are not entirely wrong. Perhaps we have become a nation of the temptable...of the faithless.

The rest of the world runs on bribery, it's nothing new...the guestion is, how do we combat it? By the FBI prosecutors acting like the Sanhedrin? Where's my forty pieces?

What is your solution?
Image current moon
" Build your wall. we got tunnels. " - George Lopez

Return to “Open Discussion”