What's a Palin

All things outside of Burning Man.
akmojo

Post by akmojo » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:41 pm

we have a lot of "Wasilla" mentality types here... but most Dems and Independants have seen through her smoke and BS.. also moderate Republicans.. she would not be reelected here if she ran..
it was hated Murkowski that got the Gas Line started and the Dems helped her push it because her Republican Party hated her for turning in their party leader of the state.. now she and Ruedrich are good buddies.. looks like she is deeply seated in the "good ol boy" network here as well as the lower 48.... so much for her being "different" than the others...
Kodiak has a fair amount of transients so I don't know who you were talking with..
she has cost the state lots of time and $$ with the ethics complaints, has been GONE for more time than she has been here.. charged the state per diem so she could stay in Wasilla instead of being down in Juneau..
the Troopergate thing was a COMPLETE mess and she was aquitted by the investigator she basically hired as well as by the Board she appointed.. the Legislature found her to have abused her powers in their investigation...
she was the Mayor of Wasilla.. maybe 25k people.. (back then Wasilla was a strip mall along the Parks Highway...) then a Commissioner position that she was APPOINTED to and she quit that... now Governor and she has quit there, so where is all her experience she claims to have... it's been a LONG time since she finished a job.... not to mention she is still such an idiot in regards to the US let alone the world and it's politics and problems... even after EXTENSIVE briefings she couldn't give simple answers.. and people think she could be the leader of America in a world crisis situation..?? she is good at "winking", saying blue collar phrases and calling others names....
yes, quite a good role model for women and America...
think big and dare to fail

dr.placebo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Cleu Camp

Post by dr.placebo » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:08 pm

littleflower wrote: family values is an extremely important issue for a lot of people ... there is a lot of despair at the state of the culture, music, movies, tv, &c. the family values voters do not expect moral perfection from their politicians ... moral perfection is impossible, in any case ... and they often punish those who fall too far.

but ... i could go off here on any number of democrat self-righteous sleazeballs ... god, don't get me started ... it's all a matter of trust and perspective, i suppose. do democrats care when their own screw up? it seems like no ... not at all ... they either ignore the situation, or justify it somehow by balancing the bad with everything else the person has done they felt was good. it often makes me sick...

BTW, my parents go off on obama every time i talk to them, and that annoys me, too... and not because i am a fan ... they know i'm not ...
We probably agree more than it appears on the surface. I have a wife, two daughters and two grandsons, and family values mean a great deal to me. And cultural values that influence my family are important. Freedom of speech and religion rank rather high, so I'm not at all well disposed towards anyone who claims that there is one true way, or claims that my family is going to hell, or who wants to control the bodies of my family. And I am quite non-partisan about this.

Are there Democrats who appall me? For sure. LBJ probably heads up my D shit list (still). Clinton was a mixed bag, being sleazy and politically clumsy, but otherwise delivering a better government (and a better budget) than we have experienced since (too early for Obama's results yet). Spitzer (for example) was one incredible hypocrite. Neither the R's nor the D's have a monopoly on this stuff.

But it's the R's as a party who fly the "family values" flag and claim that the D's are a bunch of degenerates. I believe in family values, but not "family values" in the R sense. I'm a reluctant D, but it would take a lot of party reform to make me an R.

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:00 pm

i don't see why we all need to agree on everything ....

i've never been affiliated with either party... my family is conservative, but i've always been a little too bizarre for most conservatives ... grew up in aptos ... art nut ... usually surrounded by liberals, by choice ...

i work hard to understand both sides, and often do ...

i often see people, on right as well as left, wallowing in hate for the other side. nothing disturbs me more. i can deal with disagreement, but the hate and anger will wreck us, IMO.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:37 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:50 pm

From a non-partisan point of view, the last best hope of the GOP has gone bye-bye. There will nobody around to beat Obama in the next election provided that he doesn't screw up royally.

Playa Tom

Post by Playa Tom » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:59 pm

I really wish Nixon was around so I could ask him about soon to be former governor Palin. Whatever else Nixon was a shrewd politican. In 1962 he gave his last press conference after he lost the race for governor of California. His political life was over, six years later he was elected president. Sarah is not as bright as Tricky Dick but she is a competent politican. She either has a looming health issue, a major scandal or some grand strategy. Whatever her motivation for resigning is we have not seen the last of her. It will be interesting.

"When the going gets weird, the weird get weirder."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:03 pm

Please God please, let her run for president, please oh please oh please.....
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:43 am

littleflower wrote: i've always been a little too bizarre for most conservatives ... grew up in aptos ... art nut ... usually surrounded by liberals, by choice ...
If you're an playan, you're a liberal and weird as a default person. You just haven't come to terms with who you really are because you been programed to not accept being different.'

We love you Littleflower

Alway!

People are call Sarah, "Bailn' Palin"

AIIZ

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:34 am

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:
littleflower wrote: i've always been a little too bizarre for most conservatives ... grew up in aptos ... art nut ... usually surrounded by liberals, by choice ...
If you're an playan, you're a liberal and weird as a default person. You just haven't come to terms with who you really are because you been programed to not accept being different.'

We love you Littleflower

Alway!

People are call Sarah, "Bailn' Palin"

AIIZ
do you make this statement about all "playans"?...........or , just Littleflower?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:46 am

well, some people wouldn't know their A from their Zed.
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:50 am

akmojo wrote:we have a lot of "Wasilla" mentality types here......
They'll probably say that you're not from the "real" Alaska. :D

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:52 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:
akmojo wrote:we have a lot of "Wasilla" mentality types here......
They'll probably say that you're not from the "real" Alaska. :D
is that like Orange county vs Sierra county, here in CA?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:53 am

you guys are just jealous ... !

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:58 am

littleflower wrote:you guys are just jealous ... !
of...........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

akmojo

Post by akmojo » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:47 pm

[quote="ygmir"][quote="Ugly Dougly"][quote="akmojo"]we have a lot of "Wasilla" mentality types here......[/quote]

They'll probably say that you're not from the "real" Alaska. :D[/quote]

is that like Orange county vs Sierra county, here in CA?[/quote]

LOL.. sorta like Ballard vs Bremerton.. one says "bait" the other says "sushi"
think big and dare to fail

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:49 am

Of course, my reference was regarding northern Virginia versus the "real" Virginia.

Don't forget James "Why am I here?" Stockdale. Almost became chief of state.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:05 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:From a non-partisan point of view, the last best hope of the GOP has gone bye-bye. There will nobody around to beat Obama in the next election provided that he doesn't screw up royally.
Obama is the smoothest pres of all time. It's going to take a lot to even replace him after eight years.

A (up.) reporter on Fox when asked about Palin and what the White House was thinking. " Well i'm Sure they are entertained "

The GOP instead of laying back for 7 years, better get some new blood flowing now.

somekind

Post by somekind » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:17 am

The world needs more Trigs, not fewer:
[youtube][/youtube]
http://burningmanvideos2007.blogspot.com/

If someone offers you drugs, it's a cop.
If someone asks you for drugs, it's a cop.
If someone fucks you for drugs, it's not a cop.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:32 am

After she said "kids" did you hear goats????

Monkeypoo
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Bahama Mamas!

Post by Monkeypoo » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:40 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:well, some people wouldn't know their A from their Zed.

Is it just me or does AppL-Zeus sound like Apple Juice?
Just a thought.

Add vodka and a sprig of something and I think we might have something enjoyable.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:35 pm

Nice work, he's got a new name.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:37 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:11 pm

Maybe she resigned for Governor Sanford, in absentia.

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:32 am

Bailin Palin has left the building- for good!

"With this decision, now, I will be able to fight even harder for you, for what is right, and for truth. And I have never felt that you need a title to do that,''

So why did she waste our time? Maybe she ran so she could get her ex brother-inlaw fired and that's the only reason.

Free speech was a theme of her farewell speech at a crowded picnic in Fairbanks, as the 45-year-old outgoing governor scolded ''some seemingly hell-bent on tearing down our nation'' and warned Americans to ''be wary of accepting government largesse. It doesn't come free.''

Alaska receive more FED money then most states- that comes free!

''I cannot express enough there is no plan after July 26. There is absolutely no plan,'' she told The Associated Press.

That says it all. No plan. Who quits a governorship without a plan. Who doesn't have a plan for the future, for themselves, family or those around them. Only an airhead has a plan.

Some people have a plan and her problems won't go away.

Nearly 20 ethics complaints had been filed against Palin, and the outgoing governor cited the resulting investigation's financial toll -- both on her and the state -- for stepping down. An independent investigator looking into the complaints found evidence she may have violated ethics laws by trading on her position as she sought money for lawyer fees, according to a report obtained recently by the AP.

Among those present was Donna Michaels, 57, of Fairbanks, who wore a red T-shirt that said: ''Palintologist.''

The T-shirt defined a Palintologist as ''someone who studies Palin and shares her conservative values, Maverick attitude and American style.''

Michaels also held a poster board sign showing the front page of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner when Palin announced she would resign. Michaels altered the banner headline ''Palin steps down,'' replacing the last word with ''up.''

''She's really not stepping down. She's stepping up to do something bigger and better,'' said Michaels, who attended the picnic with her daughter and two granddaughters, one of whom who wore Sarah Palin-style eyeglasses.

Larry Landry, 51, of Fairbanks held up a red, white and blue sign that that read, ''Quitting: the new American value.'' The other side read: ''Thanks for the laughs.''

Landry, a registered independent, said he respected Palin when she ran for governor in 2006, but he felt she changed during last year's presidential campaign.

''She turned into a vicious vixen,'' he said. ''She descended into ugly, divisive politics.''

Now she will be fodder for the Palineo-archeologists!

AIIZ

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:17 am

palin, the come back butt..

she has a book out nov.17..

i'll just wait for the movie;=(

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:05 am

unjonharley wrote:palin, the come back butt..

LOL ya, it's called "Going Rogue" i believe. hahahahahahaha

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

dr.placebo
Camp Name: Cleu Camp

Post by dr.placebo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:22 am

I'm waiting for the video game.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:25 pm

jkisha wrote:

JK
and you get so pissy when someone teases "the messiah"............

:roll:
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

goathead

Post by goathead » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:00 pm

ygmir wrote:
jkisha wrote:

JK

The Hat has come out of First Camp?

:shock:

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:59 pm

ygmir wrote:

Huh?

Return to “Open Discussion”