EVERYBODY BAILOUT!

All things outside of Burning Man.
Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

EVERYBODY BAILOUT!

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:43 am

i dont know about you, but this whole bailout thing sounds PRETTY GOOD...

i've decided to send all of my bills, and debts, including the ones for drugs, to Henry Paulson, and tell him to take care of it....just this one time....

IT'S SO COOL!

i mean, if you have let's say, some gambling issues, well NOW"S YOUR CHANCE!

that's right folks, dont worry, be happy, the gubbermint will bail us ALL out.

so, start making a list, check it twice and send it to santa, care of the treasury department.

wow, i feel better already....
Frida Be You & Me

Rabbi Dali Rick

Take No Prisoners, Make Them Friends First....

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:50 pm

What a great fucking idea.....

We all get a one time "get out of jail free card"...

we should all send that bastyard a copy of our one time only write-off list, the rest of my student loan, my morgage, a year of car insurance....

the rabbi

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:45 pm

it'll be like a post-modern miracle on 34th st (the natalie wood version, not the remake with sebastian cabot) where Paulson would recieve bag after bag of peoples debts and bills (and maybe a few thank you notes) and when the collectors start calling, just refer them to that nice man at the treasury dept., "Mr. Henry, yes, thats him, Mr. henry Paulson, c/o Ben Bernacke."
Frida Be You & Me

Dusza Beben

Post by Dusza Beben » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:54 pm

Brilliant! Now I can pay for that trip to burning man!

DB
Agripunk,
For the angry farmer in all of us.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:56 pm

I'm with you, again, Simon.....
wow, this has gotta mean something...........
good idea, too.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:58 pm

absolutely!!!

write it all off as bad debt. The Art Car, The Monster RV, The Glo-sticks, the whole 9 1/2 inches.

yessiree.....aint High finance Grand?
Frida Be You & Me

MikeVDS
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:44 pm

I think at this point bailing them out is necessary, but I think we do need strong repercussions for many high level people who had a hand in this. I saw this coming, a lot of other people saw it coming. I didn't think it would be this bad, but we all knew there were a bunch of crappy loans going out on an artificially inflated market.
[img]http://tikifuckos.org/anisign.gif[/img]

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:12 am

yeah, well tell that to all the people who are suffering the loss of their home, the high prices at the gas pump and the staggering rate of inflation on commodity items, like FOOD.

why should these Greedy Fucks get away scot free? No, wait, they get away WITH their bonuses and whatever other perks they made while creating this crisis...

MEATHOOKS, WE HANG ALL OF THE ASSHOLES ON MEATHOOKS, THIS IS WHAT THEY DESERVE...WHY SHOULD WE PAY FOR THEIR LIFESTYLE AND GROSS ERRORS? STRING THE BASTaRDS UP, THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN THEIVES

and i for one am sending ALL OF MY BAD DEBT to the treasury dept.

Fuck those Fuckity Fucking Fuck Fucks.
Frida Be You & Me

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:40 am

How about we send them all invoices for future spending we want to do but now can't.....?

Since they get bailed out retroactively for bad decisions, perhaps we can do them the favor of forewarning them as to what we'll be doing and allow them time to send the money first?.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Aiee! It burns!

Post by Aiee! It burns! » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:32 am

you will be lucky to have a patch of soil to grow your vegetables on
better off moving to pakistan at this point
the MUJ have won

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:40 am

Since GOV is throwing around so much "money" now would be a good time for BMORG to ask for a grant for continuous operation 8)
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

MikeVDS

Post by MikeVDS » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:20 pm

well tell that to all the people who are suffering the loss of their home,
I know people who lost or are losing their home and it was 100% their fault. Everyone I know decided to do stupid things with their money, live nice for a few years in a house they couldn't afford and go on nice vacations using money they pulled out of the house they already couldn't afford. For anyone who was actually scammed, I feel bad for, but it seems like that's a very small percentage of that whole thing.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:03 pm

Sadly, we've been inculcated with the idea [and necessity] that we should live on the money that we hope to earn,,, not the money that we already have. Any hiccup in our lives and it all goes up in smoke.

I still think that BMORG should ask for a grant to study the life-cycle of the elusive "playa snake" The playa is so big, it would take millions of dollars and years of study.
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:05 pm

MikeVDS wrote:
well tell that to all the people who are suffering the loss of their home,
I know people who lost or are losing their home and it was 100% their fault. Everyone I know decided to do stupid things with their money, live nice for a few years in a house they couldn't afford and go on nice vacations using money they pulled out of the house they already couldn't afford. For anyone who was actually scammed, I feel bad for, but it seems like that's a very small percentage of that whole thing.
well said, MikeVDS........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:52 am

I am going to go bungee diving. I believe that the gov't will show up at the last moment with a bungee.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:59 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:I am going to go bungee diving. I believe that the gov't will show up at the last moment with a bungee.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:06 pm

Mike, my point was how are these people any different in their "gambling" or "excess" than the wall streeters....why should they get bailed out when they fucked up, especially with no strings attached....hell, bail us out, bail out the rest of us who for the most part play by the rules....if you steal a loaf of bread, you go to jail...if you rob 50 million from old ladies pension funds they make you king.

wtf?

bail my ass out too if you're gonna be handing out free money that we're paying for...

(that smell is the logic board in my mind frying).
Frida Be You & Me

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:21 pm

actually i think it's the old ladies' pensions that they are trying to keep solvent... along with one hell of a lot of jobs ... and they aren't bailing out everyone, either...

but why aren't they going after the dickheads who made millions off all that bad paper? the fannie mae/freddie mac gang ... management and politicians ... is it so hard to find out who they are, know where their political contributions go??? where's the press on this?

Cassidy

but I've been good girl all this time!!!!!

Post by Cassidy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:47 pm

I think it really sux that since I was responsible and only took out a mortgage that I could pay for, given my monthly income, now I still have to continue to be responsible and pay it off. I guess I should'a taken those tv ads up on their flexible rate morts, then I could'a paid less for a few years, taken out a home equity loan to pay for my Burning Man trips and then gotten the rest paid off by U. Sam in a bailout or filed for bankruptcy. Oh well, only 25 more years to go and it's all mine. Is this the culmination of the american dream for Gen. X? Thanx for fuckin' it all up, Fuckers.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:54 pm

good point Cassidy........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

MikeVDS

Post by MikeVDS » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:36 pm

why should they get bailed out when they fucked up
"They" shouldn't but the market should and the market is mostly non-wall-streeters, it's pension funds, "savings", and investments from throughout the world. It's unfortunate that "wall-streeters" will come out on top, but can you think of a better way? I'm all for locking execs up. Most people I knew talked about this mortgage bubble and compared it to the dot come years ago, back when housing prices were still less than half of what they peaked at (since they peeked 5 times higher than they were 5 years ago here in California).

If you let the market go, everyone loses. I wish they got rid of this day trading nonsense. Investing is fine, but if it's only for a few minutes here or there, you're causing more harm than good.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:11 pm

I'm having an addition problem. I just don't understand;" The US Treasury was already planning to borrow $438bn (£237bn) next year to shore up its budget deficit. That could now rise to $1 trillion or more after the cost of the $700bn mortgage rescue fund is taken into account."
How do you borrow money to make up a deficit?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econ ... ilout.html

betrdanevr

Post by betrdanevr » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:55 pm

can't sit still wrote:I'm having an addition problem. I just don't understand;" The US Treasury was already planning to borrow $438bn (£237bn) next year to shore up its budget deficit. That could now rise to $1 trillion or more after the cost of the $700bn mortgage rescue fund is taken into account."
How do you borrow money to make up a deficit?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econ ... ilout.html
I think they just "print it" like they seem to have been doin'. Ugh.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:02 am

IS wall St. THAT IMPORTANT?

will your life cease to be livable if all of these shysters get what they deserve?

what has wall st. done for YOU lately?

and, should we listen to the very same people who stuck it up our collective ass as to how best to fix the torn anal cavity?

HELL NO!

next thing these bastards are gonna do is SKULL FUCK us and THEN WHAT?

thank them for saving our dignity?

yeah, the lunatics have taken over the asylum and are dispensing their wildly hallucinogenic drugs to the rest of the country.

this is the ONE TIME that i refuse a tab....
Frida Be You & Me

MikeVDS

Post by MikeVDS » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:30 am

In general Wall Street is not that important. We could phase it out as we know it today. But currently it is very important and we can't just let it disappear. Most of this country's money is tied up in the market. If it vanished we'd be in deep shit. Most people over 40 would never be able to retire and the value of our dollar would probably match Russia Rupies.

Badger

Post by Badger » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:05 pm

Hell, if the government is going to bail out the banks and mortgage companies I say that all employees of said firms be paid based on federal civil service pay grades with the same health car providers available to all other civil servants. Fuck their gold parachutes, fuck their Maybach limousines and fuck their penthouse.
Desert dogs drink deep.

lurker

Post by lurker » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:24 pm

If you've got any kind of retirement plan YOU'RE 'wall street'. And whatever happens, good or bad will affect you.
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:14 pm

The banks scream that they need the money and they need it now. I found an interesting discussion of the problem.
" Additionally, the FDIC does not need $500 billion of Treasury borrowing authority for the simple reason that in 1991 Congress gave the FDIC the authority to tax banks, without limit, to pay deposit insurance losses. Despite the magnitude of existing regulatory ineptitude, the banking industry has the earnings power to pay the foreseeable cost of bank regulatory failures, "
http://us1.institutionalriskanalytics.c ... sp?tag=310
The bastards just want to use our money so that their money isn't locked up.
The banks have gone into panic mode to shove through legislation without any planning.
Fuck em !!

somekind

Post by somekind » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Have you guys entered your pile of shit that you want the gov't to buy back?

http://www.buymyshitpile.com/[quote]

With our economy in crisis, the US Government is scrambling to rescue our banks by purchasing their "distressed assets", i.e., assets that no one else wants to buy from them. We figured that instead of protesting this plan, we'd give regular Americans the same opportunity to sell their bad assets to the government. We need your help and you need the Government's help!

Use the form below to submit bad assets you'd like the government to take off your hands. And remember, when estimating the value of your 1997 limited edition Hanson single CD "MMMbop", it's not what you can sell these items for that matters, it's what you think they are worth. The fact that you think they are worth more than anyone will buy them for is what makes them bad assets.[/quote]
http://burningmanvideos2007.blogspot.com/

If someone offers you drugs, it's a cop.
If someone asks you for drugs, it's a cop.
If someone fucks you for drugs, it's not a cop.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:34 pm

GOV is not going to give you top dollar for your pile of shit.
" RTC solution as the bill proposed is said to feature a ‘reverse auction mechanism’ in which troubled, opaque paper is sold off to Uncle Sam at the lowest bid."
Somehow, I don't think that the banks are going to go for it. Look at the numbers on this page; http://www.financialsense.com/Market/wrapup.htm
Banks can't afford to take the lowest bid. It would wipe out a notional value of hundreds of trillions worth of so-called value. Paulson has said that this plan is the "last tool in the toolbox" This is really going to get stinky :P
Dan

Return to “Open Discussion”