Bush Executive Order: Criminalizing the Antiwar Movement....

All things outside of Burning Man.
Rabbi Dali Rick

Bush Executive Order: Criminalizing the Antiwar Movement....

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:11 pm

Are you really, really, really, Ready? "There will be no election"....

The Executive Order entitled "Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq" provides the President with the authority to confiscate the assets of whoever opposes the US led war. A presidential Executive Order issued on July 17th, repeals with the stroke of a pen the right to dissent and to oppose the Pentagon's military agenda in Iraq.
The Executive Order entitled "Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq" provides the President with the authority to confiscate the assets of "certain persons" who oppose the US led war in Iraq:

"I have issued an Executive Order blocking property of persons determined to have committed, or to pose a significant risk of committing, an act or acts of violence that have the purpose or effect of threatening the peace or stability of Iraq or the Government of Iraq or undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq or to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people."

In substance, under this executive order, opposing the war becomes an illegal act.

The Executive Order criminalizes the antiwar movement. It is intended to "blocking property" of US citizens and organizations actively involved in the peace movement. It allows the Department of Defense to interfere in financial affairs and instruct the Treasury to "block the property" and/or confiscate/ freeze the assets of "Certain Persons" involved in antiwar activities. It targets those "Certain Persons" in America, including civil society organizatioins, who oppose the Bush Administration's "peace and stability" program in Iraq, characterized, in plain English, by an illegal occupation and the continued killing of innocent civilians.
The Executive Order also targets those "Certain Persons" who are "undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction", or who, again in plain English, are opposed to the confiscation and privatization of Iraq's oil resources, on behalf of the Anglo-American oil giants.

here's the link...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...xt=va&aid=6377

benevolently,

rebbi
(is this real?)

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:26 pm

doesn't it refer directly to acts of violence being the criteria?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:35 pm

Vague rules like this were in use in the sixties to go after dissent.
Just the fact that it is an executive order (illegal) and not a law tells the story of intent.
It's been done before and by people with less nerve.
Why else would a law be "created" by the president that has used homeland security to keep protesters off planes as "terrorists"?
As long as the patriot act is in place, we can only be ashamed.

The complete blocking of protest except in controlled areas has made the usa a joke around the world as we reprimand china for copying us.

I have seen it happen.
The people that did all of the illegal dirty tricks never left.
Power will always be abused to the extent it is allowed.
Don't expect anything else.

That they have no shame for all of this, should terrify everyone.
Do you really think other country's fascists are different from ours?
That we are special?

We are only different when we control the criminal.

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:51 pm

Not news to me.
I posted this would happen on eplaya over 4 years ago and posted what the rebbi posted in the politics thread months ago and a video of Bush's pardon of himself and this admin from CNN in the politics thread and on tribe months ago.

This is gonna be fun!
[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

"[i][b]The art is in the digit![/b][/i]"

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

Dusza Beben

Post by Dusza Beben » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:01 pm

So many people forget the prime directive.

The primary goal of a beurocracy, once it is created, is to ensure it's own existence.

Liberty is quickly becoming a myth in this country and nobody seems to care. The founding fathers are spinning in their graves.

DB
Agripunk,
For the angry farmer in all of us.

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:03 pm

Hate to tell you this but the founding fathers is a lie and Washington was not the first president.

Oh and he grew a shit load of weed.
[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

"[i][b]The art is in the digit![/b][/i]"

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:44 pm

The law is irrelevant

Bush already declared, "We've won the war!"

and that was before the 2004 elections

AIIZ

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:12 pm

DVD Burner wrote:Hate to tell you this but the founding fathers is a lie and Washington was not the first president.

tell me more...............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:59 am

ygmir wrote:
DVD Burner wrote:Hate to tell you this but the founding fathers is a lie and Washington was not the first president.

tell me more...............

here we go
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.

gyre

Post by gyre » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:32 am

The army is being employed in the United States.
Is this martial law?
Is it legal?
Crowd control?
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/09/a ... d_090708w/

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/09/24/army/
[youtube][/youtube]

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:15 am

400 farmers wearing overalls and driving tractors heavily armed with pitchforks and shovels and a few single shot rifles managed to bring down Slobadan Milosevic, a feat that NATO could not accomplish.

now i know, that generally, overalls are reserved for farmers, babies and retards, but i think it's time the people of this Nation took back the reins of power by force of numbers, instead of the Video Lottery slots known also as polling booths.

as Duzsa so correctly paraphrased Thoreau when he said that the Government is a machine that serves the people, and when this machine no longer functions to serve it's creator, but merely functions to perpetuate itself, then the machine MUST be destroyed.

"where's my goddamn overalls honey, and my home depot card, i need a pitchfork, i'm a going to Warshington, D.C. with ernie and the Boys, we'll be back...."
Frida Be You & Me

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:07 am

gyre wrote:The army is being employed in the United States.
Is this martial law?
Is it legal?
Crowd control?
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/09/a ... d_090708w/

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/09/24/army/
[youtube][/youtube]
vveedddyyyy iiinnntttteeerrrreeesssttttiiinnnkkkkk (Arty Johnson, Laugh in)

I'd say, for the stated mission, it's legal.
And, if employed as such, helpful.
But,
totally illegal if used for law enforcement............not just illegal, unconstitutional...........
But then again, who in Washington cares much about the Constitution or what's legal?..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:11 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:400 farmers wearing overalls and driving tractors heavily armed with pitchforks and shovels and a few single shot rifles managed to bring down Slobadan Milosevic, a feat that NATO could not accomplish.

now i know, that generally, overalls are reserved for farmers, babies and retards, but i think it's time the people of this Nation took back the reins of power by force of numbers, instead of the Video Lottery slots known also as polling booths.

as Duzsa so correctly paraphrased Thoreau when he said that the Government is a machine that serves the people, and when this machine no longer functions to serve it's creator, but merely functions to perpetuate itself, then the machine MUST be destroyed.

"where's my goddamn overalls honey, and my home depot card, i need a pitchfork, i'm a going to Warshington, D.C. with ernie and the Boys, we'll be back...."
I think the example might be simplified regarding Milosevic, but, I'm with you, (again)
I've got a backhoe, and, can pull a hay wagon with the rest of you (maybe singing some appropriate marching/marshal, or just camp, songs).
I don't think I have a pitch fork, but, I do have a hoe.............grin.......
and, I'm damn good with pruning shears..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

lurker

Post by lurker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:32 am

(maybe singing some appropriate marching/marshal, or just camp, songs).
What, like 'The Internationale'?

Nuh-uh

If anyone's taking over it's not gonna be some pinko wanna-bes, it'll be my Patented Barbarian Horde(TM)

I'm thinking a good, honest Empire, complete with festive orgies, power to the people with the weapons, and some good, old fashioned conquest.

I figue we'll do the US first, then take an easy afternoon and grab Canadia. We won't have to do anything to get Mexico--the second the border patrol is gone the country will empty out--we'll be able to just walk in--AND we'll have lots of tasty Mexican food.

We can fire up them pyramids while we're at it--the gods are gonna be thirsty.

And lookee that, all this is happening as 2012 looms ever closer....

y'know, I'm trying to be at least a little humorous here, but, as this becomes more and more of a viable option, it's just not working....
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"

World Power Foundation

Post by World Power Foundation » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:00 am

My friend contact me at your earliest convenience . I believe that we can do a profitable alliance . Great minds think alike !

lurker wrote:
(maybe singing some appropriate marching/marshal, or just camp, songs).
What, like 'The Internationale'?

Nuh-uh

If anyone's taking over it's not gonna be some pinko wanna-bes, it'll be my Patented Barbarian Horde(TM)

I'm thinking a good, honest Empire, complete with festive orgies, power to the people with the weapons, and some good, old fashioned conquest.

I figue we'll do the US first, then take an easy afternoon and grab Canadia. We won't have to do anything to get Mexico--the second the border patrol is gone the country will empty out--we'll be able to just walk in--AND we'll have lots of tasty Mexican food.

We can fire up them pyramids while we're at it--the gods are gonna be thirsty.

And lookee that, all this is happening as 2012 looms ever closer....

y'know, I'm trying to be at least a little humorous here, but, as this becomes more and more of a viable option, it's just not working....
Thousands of people are being sacrificed every day. Why not have them sacrificed for you?

lurker

Post by lurker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:43 pm

Well, I'm contacting you. If this is gonna be a long conversation I hope you've got booze and whores.

See, I've already started barbarianing, I figure, why wait? Get a jump on the competition, y'know?

Here's how I figure it.

We get the horde together a a central point, and then ride over everthing in our path. We won't need a supply train, because we can take what we need from whoever's unfortunate to be in from of us--and if there's no stuff, there's always the long pig luau.
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:55 pm

did you ever read the book: "Swan Song"?........it's right there.........

how come I don't get to go "Barbarianing"?.........Being the Nordic Pagan, It seems I'd fit............(pouting and sticking lower lip out, drawing circles in the dust with my broadsword)..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:13 pm

ygmir wrote: I'd say, for the stated mission, it's legal.
But,
totally illegal if used for law enforcement............not just illegal, unconstitutional...........
But then again, who in Washington cares much about the Constitution or what's legal?..........
"They may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control"

From mid-way through the armytimes article in gyres previous post.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

lurker

Post by lurker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:14 pm

how come I don't get to go "Barbarianing"?.........Being the Nordic Pagan
BECAUSE you're a nordic pagan. >sigh<. You have to go a'viking. It's in the Barbarian Handbook, in the 'Diversity' section.

You're gonna need a boat, too. At least that's what it says. You've got the broadsword, do you have an iron helm? A warhammer? And it looks like you're going to have to braid your hair. It says that If you ain't got enough we need to behead someone with extensions--then you can wear their scalp like a hat. Funny, it just assumes that there's no one with real hair.....Oh, this is the Urban Addendum.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:33 pm

LeChatNoir wrote:
ygmir wrote: I'd say, for the stated mission, it's legal.
But,
""

From mid-way through the armytimes article in gyres previous post.

They may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control

that's not ok, or with me.............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:39 pm

lurker wrote:
how come I don't get to go "Barbarianing"?.........Being the Nordic Pagan
BECAUSE you're a nordic pagan. >sigh<. You have to go a'viking. It's in the Barbarian Handbook, in the 'Diversity' section.

You're gonna need a boat, too. At least that's what it says. You've got the broadsword, do you have an iron helm? A warhammer? And it looks like you're going to have to braid your hair. It says that If you ain't got enough we need to behead someone with extensions--then you can wear their scalp like a hat. Funny, it just assumes that there's no one with real hair.....Oh, this is the Urban Addendum.
Well, can't I play with the barbarians?..........I wanna play, too..........
I got no boat, but, I have a nice bike................

and, of course, I have my "shield and magic helmet" (BB reference),
no war hammer, but, broadsword, scramisax, and spear.........

dang, I should have left my hair long.........I saved one braid, though.......

I guess I'll be calling Ed Giest (sp?) about the extra hair thing..........

I guess I'll need that book, I've been reading from the old family Runic inscriptions on a stone in the yard.......
dang.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:42 pm

This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:35 pm

"It's not my fault that Buttle's heart condition didn't appear on Tuttle's file!"
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

gyre

Post by gyre » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:25 am

ygmir wrote:
how come I don't get to go "Barbarianing"?.........Being the Nordic Pagan, It seems I'd fit............(pouting and sticking lower lip out, drawing circles in the dust with my broadsword)..........

Now where did I leave that sword?

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:54 am

LeChatNoir wrote:"It's not my fault that Buttle's heart condition didn't appear on Tuttle's file!"
Nice "Brazil" quote.

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:51 pm

Frida Be You & Me

Return to “Open Discussion”