Postby lucky420 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:38 am

Not surprised
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

FlyingMonkey

Re: Where the fuck does this go?

Postby FlyingMonkey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 am

lucky420 wrote:
FlyingMonkey wrote:
lucky420 wrote:Well you gave enough fucks to comment.

So there’s that...

Thank you for allowing me to disagree with you. Bad day? No, not really. How do you know that it’s all hypocritical and won’t be fixed? A lot of these power creeps have lost their jobs, cred, etc. it’s a start and hopefully it keeps rolling. Maybe the sweeping change will be that we won’t be silent anymore and the fucksticks who abuse this power will think twice before attempting...

I didn't allow you to disagree. That's all you :D

But I respect and appreciate your opinion which may not be the same as mine.

I am cynical because I know how people generally work. I hope I am dead wrong.

There may be people fighting for real change but the change needs to be institutionalized, transparent, and vigorous. I have not heard a single person suggest anything other than wearing black. (How trendy, what a great Instagram moment)

There needs to be a mechanism for reporting this kind of abuse that is tracked & followed up on? If a specific director, actor, or someone else has numerous complaints against them then it should be looked in to & there should be consequences if true. Currently everyone in the biz knows what's been going on but they don't do anything about it because they are possessed by greed and fear getting "black listed" by those in control. The same thing happens to the few conservative actors who speak their minds. They lose jobs because of not toting the liberal hollywood line.

The blame clearly falls on those using their power & wealth to (sexually) abuse others. But the actors/actresses who went along with it (think Ashley Judd) and basically sold their bodies for fame and fortune are the enablers who perpetuate the problem.
Great, they work black, came out & faced their abusers years after the fact, but how many others were abused after them? Had they stood up back then they may have prevented a lot of this culture of abuse. I don't know what to call it because it's not rape. The accusers (well most of them) went along with it because it was known and accepted as the only way to get ahead in the industry. It paid off for some of them & they are now famous and rich for it. But they participated in and enabled the behavior that we now discuss? How many "aspiring actresses" were lied to & sexually used by these slime balls only to be cast to the street? Many.

I support those who wore black (or were brave enough to not) and follow through with real change. But the phony enablers (men & women) who sold their bodies for fame or didn't speak out and now dare to wear black disgust me.

Cheers :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: (WTF Mods? Wheres the beer emoji? I like coffee but come on!)

Lets argue about something else now :D
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

FlyingMonkey

Postby FlyingMonkey » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:43 pm

In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Postby burner von braun » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:33 pm

Godspeed Little Red Roadster

FlyingMonkey

Postby FlyingMonkey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 am

burner von braun wrote:.
Godspeed Little Red Roadster

Streamed live

https://www.space.com/17933-nasa-televi ... ce-tv.html

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Postby burner von braun » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:59 pm

Return to “Open Discussion”