Where the fuck does this go?

All things outside of Burning Man.
maryanimal
Burning Since: 2011

Re: Where the fuck does this go?

Postby maryanimal » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Woohoo! I went to Fred Meyers and bought two 3"x30"x72" for $20 each! They're not memory foam but they'll work! Sleeping in the van this year. maryanimal's nest!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

gyre

Postby gyre » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:45 pm

I have a truckful of hospital type foam mattresses with washable covers.
Supposed to be fire resistant, expensive new.
You arrange pickup or shipping.
Free of course.

maryanimal

Postby maryanimal » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:13 pm

Thanks gyre! I have what I need!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

maryanimal

Postby maryanimal » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:03 pm

I have a question. If your camp got placement in the past but all of a sudden you don't get placement, even if your camp was green on the map, what could've happened?

gyre

Postby gyre » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:30 am

No idea how they do that, except they have kept tightening requirements every year.

Green should count for something.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Postby unjonharley » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:45 am

They put a thousand monkeys in a room with a thousand type writers and get a placement chart..
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Postby Ratty » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:15 am

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

Fan C
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Mighty Misfits

Postby Fan C » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:41 am

maryanimal wrote:I have a question. If your camp got placement in the past but all of a sudden you don't get placement, even if your camp was green on the map, what could've happened?

This is pure speculation but.... My gut tells me BMOrg deliberately shook things up. At least I hope so. Some of the entitled attitude I've seen from big camps is part of what is slowly evolving BM into a performer/spectator event.

I also have heard they want to make G into a boulevard, sort of a second esplanade. As for not getting placement at all? I have no idea how they determine that.

Be interesting to see.

Jovankat

Postby Jovankat » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:36 pm

I'm sorry I really don't know where to put this. I've just been told that if I insist on coming to the public event that has now become the official on playa meet up for aussie burners that I have been helping to organise for over a year one of the camp mates will do her best to get a temporary restraining order against me. Her grounds for this are that I sent her a terse email asking her to stop publicly disrespecting my boyfriend and I once called her a nasty word on my Facebook wall. I am completely devastated. I've been looking forward to this for so long and half my camp has been invited. It just seems so unfair that because she doesn't want to be near me I can't do something that is super important to me. I am so so so upset and there is nothing I can do. I just needed to get that out there.

I really really really want a hug right now.

FIGJAM

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:48 pm

If she is not in charge of this party, GO!!!

I don't see how she can get a restraining order in BRC.

Is it invite only?

I would just show up anyway and see what happens.

If there's too much drama, leave.

She's only in control if you let her. 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Jovankat

Postby Jovankat » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:06 pm

She's not in charge, the guy who is wants me there and has tried to reason with her but there IS no reasoning with her. The event is listed in the event guide, is public and over 1500 people have been invited to a facebook event. They would get the TRO before we head to the playa. If it were successful it could seriously harm any future plans I might have to immigrate to the US and I have a US boyfriend so I'd like to at least have the possibility open.

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Postby GreyCoyote » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:13 pm

Jovankat wrote:I'm sorry I really don't know where to put this. I've just been told that if I insist on coming to the public event that has now become the official on playa meet up for aussie burners that I have been helping to organise for over a year one of the camp mates will do her best to get a temporary restraining order against me. Her grounds for this are that I sent her a terse email asking her to stop publicly disrespecting my boyfriend and I once called her a nasty word on my Facebook wall. I am completely devastated. I've been looking forward to this for so long and half my camp has been invited. It just seems so unfair that because she doesn't want to be near me I can't do something that is super important to me. I am so so so upset and there is nothing I can do. I just needed to get that out there.

(-hug-)

She is milking without a bucket.

Under US law, and based upon your rendition of the facts here, she has none of the elements necessary to obtain a TRO. She is preying on your alien status and lack of knowledge about the US court system.

Judges do NOT like to issue TROs. A TRO is an emergency, ex parte device designed to preserve the status quo or to prevent irreparable harm in situations where there isnt time to get everyone in front of the judge for a proper hearing. There has to be a clear, justifiable threat, and she will need to show clear evidence of that threat. All her testimony will be sworn and will be recorded, either by a court reporter or by affidavit, or both. The judge will order her to post a bond to cover any harm the TRO may cause you, and this bond will be paid in cash before he signs it. Finally, if a TRO does issue then the judge will order both parties to appear shortly before him (in Texas and in Federal Courts the judge must have a hearing within 14 days) to hear both sides. He WILL impose sanctions, including fines and/or jail time, if he decides the TRO was obtained improperly or for the purpose of harrassment.

TL;dr: It is a bluff. So look her straight in the eye and say "go ahead". Five bucks says she doesnt even have a clue which court has jurisdiction.

Go and have fun. Avoid her if possible just keep the chance of a confrontation down. Not because you have any duty to avoid her, but because she sounds like the kind of person would make a scene and try to make everyone else uncomfortable.

BTW, if she shows up with a pretty piece of paper and claims it to be a TRO, grab a LEO and ask if its real. Some people like to cut-and-paste impressive sounding legal prose and bluff the victim with a meaningless, unsigned document. Any LEO will know if the judge listed is real and you can always call the district clerks office to verify if a TRO was REALLY issued. If its a fraud, she will die screaming when the real judge finds out.

If you need help or further info, PM me.
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

lucky420
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby lucky420 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Jovankat wrote:I'm sorry I really don't know where to put this. I've just been told that if I insist on coming to the public event that has now become the official on playa meet up for aussie burners that I have been helping to organise for over a year one of the camp mates will do her best to get a temporary restraining order against me. Her grounds for this are that I sent her a terse email asking her to stop publicly disrespecting my boyfriend and I once called her a nasty word on my Facebook wall. I am completely devastated. I've been looking forward to this for so long and half my camp has been invited. It just seems so unfair that because she doesn't want to be near me I can't do something that is super important to me. I am so so so upset and there is nothing I can do. I just needed to get that out there.

Is her restraining order going to be enforceable in the US? Does she plan on getting one here? Is she a resident of Pershing county? If the restraining order is from Australia just tell her to piss off, you're in Merica now! And good luck trying to get a pershing county deputy to enforce it and I dont think BLM will be much help to her in this matter either. What a cunt!
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Jovankat

Postby Jovankat » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:30 pm

She's a Bay Area resident.

And thanks GreyCoyote, I don't think she has the evidence for a TRO but since it could affect my VISA chances it feels like a really big chance. And if she's even talking about this sort of thing I guess it means she'll do anything in her power to keep me away and I don't know what that could involve.

VultureChow
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Hooker @ Barbie Death Village

Postby VultureChow » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:32 pm

I say go. Make sure a few camp mates know the situation and stay with you until you figure out how she's going to react.
FREE THE STRIPPERS!

Ulisse

Postby Ulisse » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Ratty wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153042686929815

That was neat. I can picture this going down 6:00. Makes me wish I could dance.
nobody wants to live in a world with only one flavor...

unjonharley

Postby unjonharley » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:39 pm

I'll be saving the whiskers from the electric razor.. Some one can put them in her bed roll..

For you (( ))'s

FIGJAM

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:39 pm

If you haven't been served, you can show up anyway.

You can't violate a TRO you don't know about, and I can't see it being sorted out legally in BRC.

Don't give away your plans.

If she has been threatening you, beat her to the punch and have HER thrown out of the party for violating YOUR TRO. :twisted:
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

unjonharley

Postby unjonharley » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:43 pm

Best stop talking on this subject... Just go with your plans for Burning Man.. WE'll see you in the dust..

Jovankat

Postby Jovankat » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:59 pm

he know's where I'll be staying once I arrive in the country next week. But the more I think about it the more I realise she straight up doesn't have the grounds to get a TRO. I guess it's more of a question of whether I want to deal with the drama of showing up where I know she'll be and causing angst for ehr campmates who are largely very cool people.

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Postby gaminwench » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:17 pm

I'll go with you and drag that bitch out, if you want; I'm good in a cat fight. :mrgreen:
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

GreyCoyote

Postby GreyCoyote » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:21 pm

gaminwench wrote:I'll go with you and drag that bitch out, if you want; I'm good in a cat fight. :mrgreen:

I hear there will be Aussie beer at this party! :mrgreen:

(FWIW, I plan on crashing it, and I'm bringing friends. Who is with me? BROTHERS, TO ARMS!!!.... or... well... to beer at least!)
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Jovankat

Postby Jovankat » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:24 pm

Also sausages and Tim Tams, with which to do Tim Tam slams and fairy bread and a Hills to play good of fortune with and Iced Vovos that look kinda like the word that has gotten me in trouble...

You guys have no idea at all what I just said do you? :roll:

Ratty

Postby Ratty » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:25 pm

I've got an idea. Apologize for the name calling. Call a truce. Don't go to any parties that promise negative drama, (unless you like negative drama). BRC is a BIG place. There is plenty to do and see. Sure, sure. You had your plans and now they're ruined. Plan your burn, burn your plan.

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Postby gaminwench » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:30 pm

(I'm really not in the least bit interested in fighting, but I do want to support JovanKat; I like her.) :D
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

GreyCoyote

Postby GreyCoyote » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:30 pm

Jovankat wrote:Also sausages and Tim Tams, with which to do Tim Tam slams and fairy bread and a Hills to play good of fortune with and Iced Vovos that look kinda like the word that has gotten me in trouble...

Not a clue, but that twinkle in your eyes says we'd LOVE it, so I hereby volunteer for taster-duty. (I'm a giver that way).
(A Beautiful Mind)

GreyCoyote

Postby GreyCoyote » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:33 pm

gaminwench wrote:(I'm really not in the least bit interested in fighting, but I do want to support JovanKat; I like her.) :D

The only thing I'm interested in fighting for is my sobriety, as in GETTING RID OF IT.
After that, we can work on my virginity.

Wench, I'm counting on ya, darlin... :mrgreen:
(A Beautiful Mind)

Jovankat

Postby Jovankat » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Ratty wrote:I've got an idea. Apologize for the name calling. Call a truce. Don't go to any parties that promise negative drama, (unless you like negative drama). BRC is a BIG place. There is plenty to do and see. Sure, sure. You had your plans and now they're ruined. Plan your burn, burn your plan.

I'm pretty sure once someone is talking about getting the courts involved apologising is no longer useful :roll:

And your advice is not really helpful, do you really think it hadn't occurred to me that there might be something else going on in Black Rock City that day?

gaminwench wrote:(I'm really not in the least bit interested in fighting, but I do want to support JovanKat; I like her.) :D

Aw thanks. You're getting a hug at the meet and greet for that :)

GreyCoyote wrote:
Jovankat wrote:Also sausages and Tim Tams, with which to do Tim Tam slams and fairy bread and a Hills to play good of fortune with and Iced Vovos that look kinda like the word that has gotten me in trouble...

Not a clue, but that twinkle in your eyes says we'd LOVE it, so I hereby volunteer for taster-duty. (I'm a giver that way).

Since you've ben nice I'll warn you to be careful with the vegimite ;)

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Postby Elorrum » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:31 pm

I wish we had some cabin biscuits or breakfast biscuits to spread the vegemite on. I'll look on this side of the globe.
"Ask again later." - Magic 8-Ball

Ratty

Postby Ratty » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:02 pm

Wow! Really? You thought my comment was to argue. And I thought I was being helpful. It's just what I would do. I guess I'm wrong to suggest it. Sorry if you took offense. None meant.

Return to “Open Discussion”