Welcome President Obama

All things outside of Burning Man.
wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Welcome President Obama

Post by wedeliver » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:44 am

Time for change, time for a new beginning.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:57 am

This is the first time I have listened to a presidential speech all the way through. I thought it very good.

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:57 am

Two Tickets to the Inauguration, $10,000
Hotel Room in D.C. for 3 nights, $6,000
Inaugural Ball Clothing $5,000

seeing Dick Cheney in a Wheelchair,

Fucking Priceless..
Frida Be You & Me

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:27 am

Excuse me. Is he going to play the cripple card now?

At least they can remove that heart that they put in him and that caused him so much trouble, and he can get back to being heartless hellspawn.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:29 am

He was allegedly injured in a boxing match.

You should see the other guy.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:33 am

let me guess.....shot in the face?
Frida Be You & Me

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:56 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:He was allegedly injured in a boxing match.

No, no, no! Not a boxing match, moving boxes. LOL

that was funny

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:27 pm

Unfortunately, Obama's job is more that of a janitor than a president. :(

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:29 pm

we can hope so, anyway.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:39 pm

Well, the anointed one has been handed the reins of power. The huge expenditure on the inauguration is an attempt to change the national mood,,, to instill confidence. In order to preserve an immaculate image, the PTB are going to have to shift all dirt to someone else. As things collapse, GOV will need to maintain confidence. They will need a fall guy to catch all the shit. Obama will be powerless to make any real changes in the momentum of the crash. The best that he will be able to do is to shift blame to the outgoing admin.
There is already talk of prosecuting bush.
Obama will evidently get a honeymoon with the press,,, for a while. In the meantime, they can roast bush. Won't that get smelly? :lol: :evil:
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

dr.placebo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Cleu Camp

Post by dr.placebo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:06 pm

An African-American has become President of the USA. He has done so with dignity, intelligence, and grace. Today I feel that I have my country back. I could be wrong, of course, but at least for today I'm going to allow myself that emotion.

Obama will not allow the prosecution of Bush. Personally I think that many in the Administration have committed crimes -- war crimes, perjury, grand theft, and more -- but Obama's approach will not allow widespread prosecution. He is placing all of his bets on unification as a means to pull us out of this mess. I hope that he is right, and I also hope that we grant him his chance.

We have demonstrated that racism, while far from finished, no longer dominates us. We have started to wake up.

Now for the hard part.

HughMungus

Post by HughMungus » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:09 pm

One word: Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
It's what you make it.

wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Post by wedeliver » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:17 pm

I am watching the parade and as I see people, older people walking past the president some of them are black, in all those faces I see a feeling, a joy that inspires me. it makes me wonder how we as a country have treated a large part of ourselves in the past, color doesnt matter, sex doesn't matter, we all the same. Since vietnam I have not felt a feeling of patriotism that I feel now. thanks
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:02 pm

TIMMY!

Frida Be You & Me

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:12 pm

Now can we quit with the stupid fucking "African-American" label? You're an AMERICAN, or you're not. There's no goddamm halfway. It's almost an insult to have to add the prefix "African" to a black man's title. And it's just plain factually wrong. Obama, and most other black people living here, aren't Africans... they've never been there, they don't know anyone there, they have nothing to do with it.

There are WHITE people in Africa... if one comes here and gains citizenship, is he an African-American?

Why aren't the white people "European-Americans"?

God fucking damn I hate that idiotic attempt at being overly politically correct.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:34 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:Unfortunately, Obama's job is more that of a janitor than a president. :(
Yeah, it suddenly occurred to me why he got elected. After all those years of circuses, we're used to seeing a black man following an elephant and cleaning up its shit.

Yes, I'm thrilled to have an intelligent, thoughtful man in the white house.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

dr.placebo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Cleu Camp

Post by dr.placebo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:41 pm

Actually, it is probably more correct to use the term in Obama's case than for most blacks, since his father was a Kenyan and his mother a Kansan. I am quite aware of the various implications of the term, and I was not trying to be politically correct or politically incorrect. I also use Asian-American. I also use Euro-American, even for myself. And all of us are Americans (we can leave the status of Canada, Mexico, and Latin America aside for another flame war).

Incidentally, Obama has no trouble identifying with his African heritage, or with the term African-American. Nor do many other blacks in this country.

In the context of my earlier post I was trying to make a point about racial progress in the US. I'd like to add that such progress comes from facing history, and recognizing where we are in a historical trend. We have to recognize race as a concept that played a large and painful role in our past. Adding the prefix "African" was (I thought) a clear nod in that direction.

I, for one, am happy to have PRESIDENT Obama as an African-American, and as an American, and as an impressive human being. I wish him well.

dj_john69
Camp Name: Root Society & Apex

Post by dj_john69 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:54 pm

I was so excited today when i woke up knowing that Obama was taking over and Bush was heading out forever !!!

Obama has his hands full with trying correct all the mistakes Bush did over the past 8 years.

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:11 pm

dj_john69 wrote:I was so excited today when i woke up knowing that Obama was taking over and Bush was heading out forever !!!

Obama has his hands full with trying correct all the mistakes Bush did over the past 8 years.
True. But had it not been for the state of affairs he might not have even been elected. The more adversity he faces the more opportunities for greatness--or abject failure. The double-edge sword.

However, I think he's bright, not afraid to surround himself with some of the best minds and talent available and he's a great motivational speaker.

He's managed to go into office with an 83% approval rating. I don't think he'll keep everybody happy all the time, but I think he'll get the job done and get the country united and back on track again.

fingers crossed

JK
JK
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:21 am

theCryptofishist wrote: Yes, I'm thrilled to have an intelligent, thoughtful man in the white house.
You mean you didn't enjoy Bush's blanking out at press conferences? :?

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:57 pm

You mean you didn't enjoy Bush's blanking out at press conferences?
Won't get fooled again.

Sort of happy around here today.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote: Yes, I'm thrilled to have an intelligent, thoughtful man in the white house.
You mean you didn't enjoy Bush's blanking out at press conferences? :?
Oh crap, maybe I can start listening to NPR again.
The Lady with a Lamprey

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Well, it looks like Obama isn't welcome everywhere;
http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=90574
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

ygmir
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:36 pm

yeah, it's quite interesting how this seems to be kept quiet and out of the "limelight"..........seems, he'd just step up, show his proof, and, be done......being the "transparent administrator" he says he is.............
Why does no one talk about his other name, Barry, (I forget), and, if he attended college under that name and or got aid........

What the heck?

I know it's not ok to question the messiah......and, those that support him, will support him, eligible or not, and, even resent anyone asking for proof........
but, what a great poke, for him to show that he is eligible............Jeeze, is it that tough to produce proof?

Well,..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:46 pm

can't sit still wrote:Well, it looks like Obama isn't welcome everywhere;
http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=90574
what crap.

JK
JK

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:47 pm

do you think it's untrue, or, not fair to bring up?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:50 pm

ygmir wrote:yeah, it's quite interesting how this seems to be kept quiet and out of the "limelight"..........seems, he'd just step up, show his proof, and, be done......being the "transparent administrator" he says he is.............
Why does no one talk about his other name, Barry, (I forget), and, if he attended college under that name and or got aid........

What the heck?

I know it's not ok to question the messiah......and, those that support him, will support him, eligible or not, and, even resent anyone asking for proof........
but, what a great poke, for him to show that he is eligible............Jeeze, is it that tough to produce proof?

Well,..........
ygmir, are you serious? this question has been asked and answered many times but yet the 'not a citizen urban myth' continues. his complete birth certificate has been published for all to view, complete with official seal, for months and months. I've even posted several links to it here myself. Go to factcheck.org and do a search.

JK
JK

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:54 pm

I'm not saying he's not posted something, or, that you've linked to it.
I just wonder, has he actually provided proof, if he's supposed to, to, whomever checks those things officially?

I think I'm wondering, above all, who would support his being in office, if, he were proven ineligible?........

I don't so much care, but, out of curiosity.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:59 pm

I guess a little of it comes from his statements about being so "transparent" and seeing how the subterfuge permeates so much of what has gone on so far.......I know it's how D.C. works, but, I sure resent it............

So, IMHO, for as much as I hear about the questions regarding eligibility, it seems he'd just step up, publicly, and, show the evidence and dispel the rumors...........

I like some of what he's done, and, he does seem charismatic..........

But, I worry about the results of doing the things he'd done, so quickly..........

I know, I know,,,,,,,,,,cynical bastard...............grin...........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:04 pm

ygmir wrote:I'm not saying he's not posted something, or, that you've linked to it.
I just wonder, has he actually provided proof, if he's supposed to, to, whomever checks those things officially?

I think I'm wondering, above all, who would support his being in office, if, he were proven ineligible?........

I don't so much care, but, out of curiosity.......
Fuck, I had my answer all written out and somehow my browser hiccuped and I lost it all... :(

Anyway, long story short; he has provided all the necessary proof to the necessary authorities.

As those that want him discredited in any way possible realize that they have nothing to back-up their claims, they are taking whatever advantage they can from keeping the rumor alive; knowing how some people just can't resist those conspiracy theories.

JK
JK

Return to “Open Discussion”