Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

All things outside of Burning Man.
Rez
Burning Since: 2016

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Post by Rez » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:20 am

Well... But remember this? Around 2:55 and 3:16 is my favorite part.

" I WILL call you pretty for the use of a Shower"

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:53 am

bernie.

period.

the end.

fuck everybody else. they are fucking assholes, dicks, liars, cheats and scoundrels.

there, my position is known.
Frida Be You & Me

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:44 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:bernie.

period.

the end.

fuck everybody else. they are fucking assholes, dicks, liars, cheats and scoundrels.

there, my position is known.
And I totally agree with your position!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Chowski
Burning Since: 2009

Post by Chowski » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:31 pm

It's nice that the Bernie Babies have finally taken a minute out of smoking pot and not participating in politics to suddenly demand their candidate or nothing else because lies and evil and business!!!! But Bernie is losing because he has no political power. Hillary is winning because she has spent her whole life clawing her way into power, against all odds, and clinging there for dear life. I'll stick with Hillary. She's an incredibly tough bitch who has retained and wielded power through decades. She has faced down the Fox News Horseshit Agenda a thousand times and walked away the victor. She has been in the White House during the largest gains to the middle class in human history, was an effective Senator for New York, and the Secretary of State. She is the single most qualified person ever to run for the office. She is a predictable centrist Democrat (like President Obama) who will appoint Supreme Court Justices that continue the work she has fought for her whole life. She has personal relationships with every major head of state, and is owed favors by more than half of Washington. She is going to be a killer Executive who can actually get things done, and she's got my vote.

If you are voting Bernie because "she is a liar", then you know nothing about politics and how shit gets done. If you "can't even" with Hillary because she is not a left-wing ideologue, then you have no idea how politics really works. Take your Che Guevara T-shirt and your political ignorance (sorry, new-found excitement) and go over there in the corner with the teabaggers, the other ideological purists in the room.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:05 pm

Wow! Now tell us how you really feel...

Let me ask you this, if Bernie were to get the dem nomination would you vote for him? I'm a Bernie supporter but if Hillary gets the nomination yes I would vote for her.

And really your painting of Bernie supporters as ignorant pot smoking babies is a little over the top. :roll:

Fuck I can't believe your dickish post got me to post but it did. Fuck me
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:15 pm

Most of the reasons you cited for voting for Clinton are exactly why I'm voting for Bernie. Though I supported her in 08, we now have a much superior choice. #feelthebern
JK
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:44 pm

dear chowski, take your female hubert humphrey and shove it up your nixon.
Frida Be You & Me

Skuzzy61
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp/We got this!

Post by Skuzzy61 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:36 am

A vote for the Hillary is a vote to propagate everything wrong in this country. Just keep on rationalizing why it is acceptable to put people in power who care nothing for this country and the people who live in it.

Yes, Bernie's chances of winning are next to nil, but we should not be voting on who we think might win, but who we think is the best for the job, No one can cite anything about Hillary's beliefs as she has gone from state to state telling a different story, which just happens to coincide with what the people of each state might want to hear. Yes, that is politics.

We are not suppose to know what a politician really wants to do . We are not suppose to expect a politician to be of high moral character. We are suppose to overlook any and all indiscretions a politician is responsible for. We are not suppose to hold any politician responsible for their own actions. We are not suppose to expect a politician to do the right thing for anyone but themselves. We should never question the motives of any politician. We should not care which lobbyists a politician is beholding to. We should not expect any politician to be held accountable for the promises they make. Politicians are supposed to be power hungy ego-manical liars with delusions of godhood.

Given all that, I suppose Hillary is not so bad after all. I am convinced. Where's the Kool-Aid?
As the camp evolves.....
We got this! 2016/2019
We had it! 2020
We almost lost it! 2021
We have no idea where it is! 2022
Who the hell are we and why are we here? 2023

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:35 am

Kasich looks like a pretty decent guy given what we have to work with. Party politics be damned (my politics lie squarely Libertarian), he looks as good or better than most. And compared to Hillary? Please.

vargaso
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Post by vargaso » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:23 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Kasich looks like a pretty decent guy given what we have to work with. Party politics be damned (my politics lie squarely Libertarian), he looks as good or better than most. And compared to Hillary? Please.
Kasich is the only Republican candidate left who isn't a legitimate nutcase. I'd be OK with him only because absolutely nothing would change, he's your average mainstream politician. Same with Hillary, even though she has a lot of personal baggage. She's totally prepared and competent and would not do anything to swing the pendulum one way or another. Cruz is the living embodiment of the word "unctuous" and is a genuinely worrisome ideologue and zealot. Trump is ridiculous. I've love to see Bernie win IF there was a chance in hell he'd accomplish even 10% of his platform, but there's no fucking way. So it's Hillary for me.

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Post by tatonka » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:11 pm

A college in Miss. has guessed who would win for the last 40 years , and they have been right every time. They predict Bernie to win.
Hard to argue with right every time in the last 40 years.
Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

If a good man is offered power , he has to lower himself to pick it up .

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:44 pm

vargaso wrote: I've love to see Bernie win IF there was a chance in hell he'd accomplish even 10% of his platform, but there's no fucking way. So it's Hillary for me.
There is only ONE reason Sanders would lose, and you have hit it on the head. People have to BELIEVE IT to ACHIEVE IT. If you ever heard your kids talking that way I'd bet you'd have a long talk with them.

Oh dad, I really want to be a doctor, but I'm not smart enough, I could never do it, so I might as well not try, or maybe become an orderly.

Or an artist, I really want to create art, but I'm not good enough. I guess I'll just face the facts and not even try. (Ask Tamara Kay about that.)

You have to support what you believe, not settle because of some ridiculous excuse or lack of faith.

Bernie believes in the power of the people, we can't afford to willfully prove him wrong based on the most used excuse for failure that was ever invented.

#feelthebern #bernieorbust #neverhillary #writeberniein
JK

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:51 pm

tatonka wrote:A college in Miss. has guessed who would win for the last 40 years , and they have been right every time. They predict Bernie to win.
Hard to argue with right every time in the last 40 years.
The only thing they might have missed this time is that there are so many people saying they "won't vote for Sanders because he won't be able to win". THAT'S THE FUCKING REASON HE MIGHT NOT WIN!

Why don't people realize that If everybody that is saying "I think Bernie's the best person for the job but I won't vote for him because I don't think he could win" just went out and voted for him, HE'D WIN IN A LANDSLIDE. Duh!
JK

vargaso

Post by vargaso » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:00 pm

Elderberry wrote:
vargaso wrote: I've love to see Bernie win IF there was a chance in hell he'd accomplish even 10% of his platform, but there's no fucking way. So it's Hillary for me.
There is only ONE reason Sanders would lose, and you have hit it on the head. People have to BELIEVE IT to ACHIEVE IT. If you ever heard your kids talking that way I'd bet you'd have a long talk with them.

Oh dad, I really want to be a doctor, but I'm not smart enough, I could never do it, so I might as well not try, or maybe become an orderly.

Or an artist, I really want to create art, but I'm not good enough. I guess I'll just face the facts and not even try. (Ask Tamara Kay about that.)

You have to support what you believe, not settle because of some ridiculous excuse or lack of faith.

Bernie believes in the power of the people, we can't afford to willfully prove him wrong based on the most used excuse for failure that was ever invented.

#feelthebern #bernieorbust #neverhillary #writeberniein
I don't mean he couldn't win, I mean he would not be able to accomplish any of his platform because, while I do agree with him, he is somewhat of an ideologue, and the Republicans would simply obstruct. And I have some concerns about his acumen on foreign policy. But I agree with you that people should vote their hearts. My heart says Hillary will accomplish more things that I agree with than Bernie could, even though I agree more with Bernie's platform than with Hillary's.

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:09 pm

Elderberry wrote:

Or an artist, I really want to create art, but I'm not good enough. I guess I'll just face the facts and not even try.

<rolling eyes> I would like to be a 24 year old 6' 10" power forward who can dunk at will in the NBA. But genetics/lack of ability and the reality of life doesn't lend itself to this utopian world so many of you naively think exists. Well, I'll keep paying my taxes, root for the San Francisco Giants, and live to see another day. But alas, the NBA doesn't return my calls.

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:13 pm

You are forgetting the cornerstone of his campaign. He even says he can't do it--WITHOUT YOU! That's the whole point. He's not trying to rally you out and vote for him so he can win. He's trying to rally you out and into a hugh coalition that will continue to be a force after he is elected to put pressure on congress to get things done. He wants you involved now, but it's even more important that people continue to stay engaged to make real change happen.

And what should be the biggest convincer that this can happen is that he has raised almost every penny for his campaign from individuals donating $2, $10, $50, etc. No PACS, no Speeches, no big banks. Never in the history of politics in my lifetime has this ever happened.
JK

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:17 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:
Elderberry wrote:

Or an artist, I really want to create art, but I'm not good enough. I guess I'll just face the facts and not even try.

<rolling eyes> I would like to be a 24 year old 6' 10" power forward who can dunk at will in the NBA. But genetics/lack of ability and the reality of life doesn't lend itself to this utopian world so many of you naively think exists. Well, I'll keep paying my taxes, root for the San Francisco Giants, and live to see another day. But alas, the NBA doesn't return my calls.
So let's go from the sublime to the ridiculous. You're a pretty bright guy, I know you get the point. You obfuscator you. :lol:
JK

vargaso

Post by vargaso » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:20 pm

Elderberry wrote:You are forgetting the cornerstone of his campaign. He even says he can't do it--WITHOUT YOU! That's the whole point. He's not trying to rally you out and vote for him so he can win. He's trying to rally you out and into a hugh coalition that will continue to be a force after he is elected to put pressure on congress to get things done. He wants you involved now, but it's even more important that people continue to stay engaged to make real change happen.

And what should be the biggest convincer that this can happen is that he has raised almost every penny for his campaign from individuals donating $2, $10, $50, etc. No PACS, no Speeches, no big banks. Never in the history of politics in my lifetime has this ever happened.
I agree, and I donated to his campaign early on. I love that he's in the mix, he surfaces issues that would otherwise not be discussed on a national level, and certainly forces Hillary to the left a bit. All of that is good. And, like Obama before him, he excites young people about politics and gets them involved. And of course, I'd be totally happy voting for him if he did win the nomination. But overall, I still like Clinton better. She's a more well-rounded statesperson and has unrivaled connections with global leaders.

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:47 pm

vargaso wrote:
Elderberry wrote:You are forgetting the cornerstone of his campaign. He even says he can't do it--WITHOUT YOU! That's the whole point. He's not trying to rally you out and vote for him so he can win. He's trying to rally you out and into a hugh coalition that will continue to be a force after he is elected to put pressure on congress to get things done. He wants you involved now, but it's even more important that people continue to stay engaged to make real change happen.

I agree, and I donated to his campaign early on. I love that he's in the mix, he surfaces issues that would otherwise not be discussed on a national level, and certainly forces Hillary to the left a bit. All of that is good. And, like Obama before him, he excites young people about politics and gets them involved. And of course, I'd be totally happy voting for him if he did win the nomination. But overall, I still like Clinton better. She's a more well-rounded statesperson and has unrivaled connections with global leaders.
Not much to disagree with. I'll only say that Sanders has more experience with global leaders and global politics than Obama did when he took office.
JK

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Post by tatonka » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:17 am

Even Spock dont like Obumer

Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

If a good man is offered power , he has to lower himself to pick it up .

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:26 am

A-RockLeFrench
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: BONERPILLAR

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:12 am

Better off Burning it All
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:46 am

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:32 am

Trump and Sanders both lose the nomination, run as independents, Jill Stein becomes a viable candidate, Paul Ryan and Hillary Clinton can't get majorities and Ron Paul ends up winning.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Post by Bless » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:04 am

ygmir wrote:Trump and Sanders both lose the nomination, run as independents, Jill Stein becomes a viable candidate, Paul Ryan and Hillary Clinton can't get majorities and Ron Paul ends up winning.
What about Theodore Cruz?
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:47 am

12974297_10153450552383639_2651298998127834806_n.jpg
Frida Be You & Me

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:16 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Is that what the strategy is? Because I was trying to figure out why the hell he'd make a trip that takes him out of New York the week before the election.
JK

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:45 am

Elderberry wrote:
Simon of the Playa wrote:
Is that what the strategy is? Because I was trying to figure out why the hell he'd make a trip that takes him out of New York the week before the election.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:26 pm

wearegoingtowinNewYork.jpg
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:07 pm

new york values.

yobrooklyn.jpg
Frida Be You & Me

Return to “Open Discussion”