Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

All things outside of Burning Man.
ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Post by ygmir » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:17 pm

I've come to the conclusion, the deep divide in our nations politics, is "Idealists vs Pragmatist".
And it does not come down along party lines.
Idealists see "what can be", and have no real grasp of whether it's possible, workable, or true. But it feels good
Pragmatists, won't move out of their comfort zone of "don't fix it, if it's not broken", and "the devil you know". but, have no grasp of the possibilities and human nature, that makes what seems impossible, work.

I think this is the real divide.
I know right wingers, who didn't vote Trump, and left wingers, who didn't vote Clinton.
Many, voted 3rd (as I did), because they could not stomach the two main candidates.

I will say, though, that now that Trump is prez, I hope he does a great job. It's the same wish I sent Obama, and the same I wish for every prez. Stranger things have happened, and in the end, if a prez. is good, we all benefit.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Aurelia
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: the Love Camp

Post by Aurelia » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:34 pm

:mrgreen:
Yes!
Yggy is so right on.
Please let us find ways to work positively.
I just came from one more meeting where everyone was complaining and suggesting negative activity. Instead, I hope we can find energy to do good works no matter who Or what party we voted for.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:46 pm

Aurelia wrote::mrgreen:
Yes!
Yggy is so right on.
Please let us find ways to work positively.
I just came from one more meeting where everyone was complaining and suggesting negative activity. Instead, I hope we can find energy to do good works no matter who Or what party we voted for.
Thanks Aurelia! yeah, put the loss away, and do good things.
At the end of the day, who is in the white house, is far less important, than who your friends and neighbors are. how we interact, help eachother, laugh and drink mead.

IMHO
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Meat Hunter » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:27 pm

ygmir,

I am thinking that I might be either a Liberal Pragmatist or a Conservative Idealist.

What that means, I do not have the faintest idea, But, I am somewhere in that mix.

Be on the lookout out for that blue canopy coming down the 5:00 radial; not long before we visit on the playa again. 'Tis almost jerky making time of the year again.
Specializing in Calibrating Windsocks -- Any where, Any Time, and Any elevation.

Vidi ego exars.

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:20 am

Frida Be You & Me

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:19 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:doo over
this brought up a question in another conversation:
if, they did hack in......and released truthful information and evidence, is that harmful? Sure, it hurts the person who "got caught", but is truth coming to the surface, a bad thing?
If it's factual, is that bad?

ETA: are we being set up for a "constitutional crisis"?
the cheating of Bernie in the primaries, Clinton winning popular, Trump winning electoral, possible voter fraud, foreign interference, conflicts of interest, charitable trusts..........could all this lead us to a crises where an election is declared invalid/corrupted, and a crisis ensues? I can't find anything in "the rules" that deals with this..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:42 am

ygmir wrote:
Simon of the Playa wrote:doo over
this brought up a question in another conversation:
if, they did hack in......and released truthful information and evidence, is that harmful? Sure, it hurts the person who "got caught", but is truth coming to the surface, a bad thing?
If it's factual, is that bad?

ETA: are we being set up for a "constitutional crisis"?
the cheating of Bernie in the primaries, Clinton winning popular, Trump winning electoral, possible voter fraud, foreign interference, conflicts of interest, charitable trusts..........could all this lead us to a crises where an election is declared invalid/corrupted, and a crisis ensues? I can't find anything in "the rules" that deals with this..........
Crazy times for sure
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:56 am

The definition of mining is take all and give nothing - well almost nothing under mining law.

How did many wealthy become so? Mining middle income and lower income people. If you have a 401K, think it is not mined by high frequency trading and insider plays? Pay rent, you are being mined.

Miner productivity in transferring wealth from you to them is about to take an unimaginable increase. Because people don't vote, vote against their interests, pursue false news, and define their identity thinking they are loved by a den of carnivorous wolves.

(Insider tip learned from a wealthy individual. Open a mining claim near BRC and build a building to store your stuff. Nevada loves mining!)
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:21 am

1481480482716.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:23 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:1481480482716.jpeg
this! add to that, who does the CIA work for, at least at the moment?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

some seeing eye
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:37 am

NSA & FBI >Jan 20?
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

A-RockLeFrench
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: BONERPILLAR

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:50 pm

Y'all remember that one time the CIA said all that shit about weapons of mass destruction in that one country to justify a war?

Yeah neither do I..

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:16 am

1481548436429.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:42 am

Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:25 am

"Obviously any foreign breach of our cybersecurity measures is disturbing, and I strongly condemn any such efforts," McConnell said.

oh shit boi, waddup?
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:49 am

Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:04 am

1481901355653.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:33 pm

some seeing eye wrote:The definition of mining is take all and give nothing - well almost nothing under mining law.
That's the unsustainable definition. The sustainable method was used here in Missouri, not far from Kansas City, in fact the site got swallowed up by Kansas City and morphed into the largest underground storage space in the world. Called "Subtropolis", it's sixteen times the land area of Arrowhead Stadium. So what's the point? By siting manufacturing and storage underground you save 90% of the utilities that you would spend above ground for heating and cooling. The security for stored goods is superb, and if you're manufacturing precision instruments, the floor is ultra-stable, insulated from traffic and human vibrations. IF you do sustainable mining, there's plenty of roof stability and it won't collapse. The aggregate may be mined out, but the tenants are still paying $2.50/square foot for the opportunity to have a space there. The humidity is so perfect that the US Postal Service had their main stamp storage facility there. They could stack the stamp sheets up to the ceiling and the sheets wouldn't stick together. Precision optics and machining used to be done underground, too.

Amazing place, and sustainable.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:21 am

1482078016611.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

forty_eight
Burning Since: 2013

Post by forty_eight » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:25 am

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:55 am

1482173333861.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Dr. Pyro
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:31 am

I will tip my hats to ePlayans: Compared to the idiots and trolls on Facebook, you at least (for the most part) are civil in your political discourse even to those with whom you might disagree. That said, and some of this falls back to the aforementioned FB, some of the whining and name-calling and the left acting like petulant babies is getting out of hand. If you were against Obama you're a racist. If you're against Hillary you're a sexist, homophobe, xenophobe. And God forbid if you actually supported Trump you're Hitler (enter Godwin's Law remark here). What I don't understand is why not make lemonade out of lemons? The Dow Jones Industrial Average is 30 points away from 20000; it's up 12% since Trump was elected. Why not make your life and the life of your loved ones better and profit by this unique opportunity? It sure as hell wouldn't have come along if Secretary Clinton had been elected. So what to do? Use your IRA or 401k money and buy stocks that will continue to profit under POTUS Trump: Aerospace/Defense (BA, GD, LMT); Banks (JPM); Biotech (AMGN, BIIB, GILD); Energy (CVX, XOM, HAL); Big Pharma (AGN, LLY, JNJ, MRK); and Infrastructure (CAT, JEC). You can even buy a unit trust through First Trust that encompasses all of these and more. But to flail and cry and weep and moan is pointless if your candidate lost. Get over it and live to fight another day. This is your positive chance to do something right for yourself and your family. If you are confused over any of this and need some help, let's just say I know a guy.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:40 am

Hahahaha....Doc, you're absolutely right! (Dear god I can't believe I just said that.)

The only comment I want to make is that too many people are already making lemonade from lemons picked from those not in the position to take advantage of your suggestion and that will only get worse with Drumpf in office. So yes, for many of us, we will benefit, (at lease financially) but for most, that won't be the case. (And we haven't even begun to talk about potential loss of personal freedoms not to mention that I am personally embarrassed by that man being the leader of our country. I used to think we were so much better than that. :( )
Dr. Pyro wrote:I will tip my hats to ePlayans: Compared to the idiots and trolls on Facebook, you at least (for the most part) are civil in your political discourse even to those with whom you might disagree. That said, and some of this falls back to the aforementioned FB, some of the whining and name-calling and the left acting like petulant babies is getting out of hand. If you were against Obama you're a racist. If you're against Hillary you're a sexist, homophobe, xenophobe. And God forbid if you actually supported Trump you're Hitler (enter Godwin's Law remark here). What I don't understand is why not make lemonade out of lemons? The Dow Jones Industrial Average is 30 points away from 20000; it's up 12% since Trump was elected. Why not make your life and the life of your loved ones better and profit by this unique opportunity? It sure as hell wouldn't have come along if Secretary Clinton had been elected. So what to do? Use your IRA or 401k money and buy stocks that will continue to profit under POTUS Trump: Aerospace/Defense (BA, GD, LMT); Banks (JPM); Biotech (AMGN, BIIB, GILD); Energy (CVX, XOM, HAL); Big Pharma (AGN, LLY, JNJ, MRK); and Infrastructure (CAT, JEC). You can even buy a unit trust through First Trust that encompasses all of these and more. But to flail and cry and weep and moan is pointless if your candidate lost. Get over it and live to fight another day. This is your positive chance to do something right for yourself and your family. If you are confused over any of this and need some help, let's just say I know a guy.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Post by Bless » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:59 am

YIP2016-January-slide-K6LX-superJumbo.jpg
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

A-RockLeFrench

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:21 am

So your advice is to invest in the evil corporations that are wrecking the environment? Take advantage of a windfall, grab the dollars while they're falling from the sky and stop whining..

You must be a boomer.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:58 am

Shuse me, but not all boomers act the same :mrgreen:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:44 pm

A-RockLeFrench wrote:So your advice is to invest in the evil corporations that are wrecking the environment? Take advantage of a windfall, grab the dollars while they're falling from the sky and stop whining..

You must be a boomer.
Painting the wall with a very large splat-gun doesn't necessarily make for the best coverage.

In other words, you're characterizing some of us boomers and painting us with the same broad brush that you use to paint Trump supporters.(shrugs). So be it, but I voted for Bernie, and then Hillary.

AND, you're also characterizing all corporate activity as evil. Wrong again.

One big corporation that I have dealt with is actually into mining. One of the by-products of their mining for aggregate is a pea-sized gravel. They bag it up in 75- pound bags, and sell it as...(get this...) CHICKEN GRIT. WTF, you say? Well, as it turns out, chickens need grit in their gizzards so they can break apart the seeds they ingest to get nutrients. Now, is all mining evil? Heck no...the chickens even need the corporations......and if they make a profit off chicken grit that would otherwise be a wasted byproduct....that's OK by me, and it's OK by their SHAREHOLDERS.

Please! Do the homework before you attempt the math.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015

A-RockLeFrench

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:14 am

Oh come on you guys.

I bet if I tried to allude to something about irony I'd get another lecture about rocks...

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:45 am

A-RockLeFrench wrote:Oh come on you guys.

I bet if I tried to allude to something about irony I'd get another lecture about rocks...
We're not talking allusion or irony here (not an English class) nor do you want another geoscience lecture. Just do the math. Simple addition.

Hugs....

^Rhino!
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)

A-RockLeFrench

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:45 am

I'm sorry.. my post was meant to be ironic. In that I got called out for generalizing and perpetuating stereotypes about baby boomers as a response to a very generalized statement about the left being petulant cry-babies and reductionist arguments along the lines of if you support Trump you're a nazi and so forth.

It was a poor attempt to riff on the current social dynamic of Boomers vs. younger generations and I thought it was funny to call attention to it in a satirical and snarky manner. Especially when it's usually the boomers telling the millenials to stop crying... but alas I'm probably just digging my hole even deeper at this point so my apologies to all the Boomers out there. Dusty hugs and rock and roll for everyone!

P.s. I've worked in agriculture for the better part of a decade and I know that when chickens have access to nature (dirt and rocks and stuff) they are perfectly capable of acquiring their own gizzard grit. It's only when you lock them in cages inside warehouses do you need to supplement their diets with things otherwise abundant..

Return to “Open Discussion”