Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

All things outside of Burning Man.
Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:48 am

Perpetual Burn wrote: I spent most of my time being a high class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

And I for one thank you for your service.

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:02 pm

Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye
Camp Name: Woo

Postby some seeing eye » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:09 am

The Hidden History of Trump’s First Trip to Moscow (1987)

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... rip-215842

From a new book on Trump by Luke Harding of the Guardian.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Simon of the Playa

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:12 am

Frida Be You & Me

Dr. Pyro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:17 am

Has anybody seen the political bent of let's use those accused of sexual misconduct (rape, etc.) for 2017? Well, here's a partial list:

DEMOCRAT: Harvey Weinstein, John Lasseter, Raul Bocanegra, Tony Mendoza, Charlie Rose, Glen Thrush, Al Franken, Steve Jurvetson, Eddie Berganza, Andrew Kreisberg, Louis C.K., Benjamin Genocchio, Matt Lauer, Jeffrey Tambor, Ed Westwick, David Guillod, Brad Ratner, Kirt Webster, Andy Dick, Michael Oreskes, Hamilton Fish, Kevin Spacey, Ken Baker, Mark Halperin, Rick Najera, Knight Landesman, Leon Wieseltier, Terry Richardson, James Toback, Lockhart Steele, Robert Scoble, Chris Savino, Roy Price, Andy Signore

REPUBLICAN: Roy Moore, Jeff Hoover, John Besh

And the Democrats are nationally the minority party? No wonder Vice President Pence said that he won't be alone in a room with a woman without his wife present. Matt Lauer should have followed that advice.

Jackass

Postby Jackass » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:41 am

You forgot the biggest fish of them all, BOGUS POTUS 45 Donald J. Trump... Or fucking moron as Rex T likes to refer to him as.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

lucky420
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby lucky420 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:45 am

Jackass wrote:You forgot the biggest fish of them all, BOGUS POTUS 45 Donald J. Trump... Or fucking moron as Rex T likes to refer to him as.

Yep, highest office in the country run by an accused rapist. How could you forget THAT buffoon?
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:47 am

And do you really know if all those accused from the entertainment/media industry are democrats? Does it fucking matter? As for Mike Pence, fuck that lil Keebler elf, what a fucking snowflake
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Jackass

Postby Jackass » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:54 am

Oh yeah, Bill O'Reilly too. Where you get your list from, Fox, Breitbart, or Alex Jones? Seems pretty weak and under represented on the red side.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Dr. Pyro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:29 pm

I only used the people from 2017, trying to be current. I didn't mention Trump (or Bill Clinton) because, as guilty as they may well be, they're (comparatively speaking) old news.

Dr. Pyro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Oh, and another thing. I did not vote for the president but I am at something of a loss as to why you people seem to hate him so much and use such vulgar language. Things are demonstrably better now than had his opponent been elected. The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 785 points from August 19 until November 4 to 17883 with the idea Mrs. Clinton would be elected. Consumer confidence was at an eight year low. And can you blame them? Then, when Mr. Trump got elected, the DJIA has skyrocketed to today's record high of 23959, a whopping 6076 points, or 33.6%. That's trillions of dollars in peoples' retirement plans--your IRAs, Keoghs, 401(k)s, ROTHs--that wouldn't be there if you had your way. Consumer confidence is at the highest levels since the Bush administration because objective reasonable people can and do acknowledge that the economy, the single biggest indicator of how people's lives are really doing, is strong and the job market is strengthening. But none of that seems to matter to you people. I know that I for one am worth several hundred thousand dollars more, actually close to a half a million dollars better off, than had Hillary been elected. Each and every one of you should be saying "Thank you" rather than "Fuck you" to the current administration.

OK, your turn, hit me with your best shot. I know it's coming so don't be shy.

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:19 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:I only used the people from 2017, trying to be current. I didn't mention Trump (or Bill Clinton) because, as guilty as they may well be, they're (comparatively speaking) old news.

This orange fucker is the sitting president (not counting when he’s on his knees for glad) so it’s not really old news
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:31 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Oh, and another thing. I did not vote for the president but I am at something of a loss as to why you people seem to hate him so much and use such vulgar language. Things are demonstrably better now than had his opponent been elected. The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 785 points from August 19 until November 4 to 17883 with the idea Mrs. Clinton would be elected. Consumer confidence was at an eight year low. And can you blame them? Then, when Mr. Trump got elected, the DJIA has skyrocketed to today's record high of 23959, a whopping 6076 points, or 33.6%. That's trillions of dollars in peoples' retirement plans--your IRAs, Keoghs, 401(k)s, ROTHs--that wouldn't be there if you had your way. Consumer confidence is at the highest levels since the Bush administration because objective reasonable people can and do acknowledge that the economy, the single biggest indicator of how people's lives are really doing, is strong and the job market is strengthening. But none of that seems to matter to you people. I know that I for one am worth several hundred thousand dollars more, actually close to a half a million dollars better off, than had Hillary been elected. Each and every one of you should be saying "Thank you" rather than "Fuck you" to the current administration.

*slow fucking clap. Good for you doc, good for you. And don’t tell me who I “should” thank and who I “should” tell to fuck off. Meanwhile dickhead is doing everything he can to destroy our environment, healthcare, education, science. And the rest of the world recoils in horror, oh except for you know duarte, putin and prob a few saudi.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Dr. Pyro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:40 pm

...John Conyers, Garrison Keillor...does it ever end?

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013

Postby Popeye » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:59 pm

The tax "cut" will cost 1.4 trillion over ten years. The Fed scheduled a rate increase for next month. At the same time as taxes are being cut so is planned parenhood, medicare, CFPB, EPA, and any other agency or program that benefits most of the people on here. Instead of government paying, which means we all pay a little, lower income individuals will pay the whole bill.
You say you are a half million ahead, how much is that after you take the actual inflation rate into consideration?
Google "Actual Inflation Rate" and if you dont believe that think how much more you are paying today than a year or two ago.
Yes there are some cuts for lower income people in the bill BUT they are minimal and set to expire while cuts for higher income people will continue.

We are being fucked royally and completely. What I dont understand is why gun control isnt being pushed harder. Looking at history, when a country is devided into aristocracy and peons it is ripe for revolution. I'm not advocating for revolt but if things continue.....

Yeah, I know I've got my head up my ass but I do believe if we dont get rid if Trump and Pence it is coming.

End Rant.
nobody wants to live in a world with only one flavor...

Dr. Pyro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:50 am

Under Republicans doing bad things with women whom work for them let's add Bill O'Reilly and Roger Ailes. Need to be even-handed in this witch hunt.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby ygmir » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:59 am

lucky420 wrote:
Jackass wrote:You forgot the biggest fish of them all, BOGUS POTUS 45 Donald J. Trump... Or fucking moron as Rex T likes to refer to him as.

Yep, highest office in the country run by an accused rapist. How could you forget THAT buffoon?

oh the irony of that statement.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:52 am

ygmir wrote:
lucky420 wrote:

oh the irony of that statement.

What?
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Dr. Pyro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:53 am

Popeye wrote:You say you are a half million ahead, how much is that after you take the actual inflation rate into consideration?

Zero. I look at my 401(k) and it has appreciated nearly $400,000 since Donald Trump was elected. Considering it would have likely lost around $100,000 if Mrs. Clinton had been elected, this is where I get my half million figure from. Inflation has NOTHING to do with it. It is completely related to the growth of the American economy, something you clearly know little or nothing about. Sure, I'm a principal for the New York Stock Exchange and almost certainly have more on the table that you do Popeye. Under this tax bill everyone will be better off. Certainly the wealthy will get more because we pay the most taxes; the poor will get much less because they don't pay income taxes to begin with. (Why they should get anything at all in the way of a "tax break" is beyond me.) So this all makes perfect sense, I think we can agree on that.

Popeye

Postby Popeye » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:03 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:
Popeye wrote:You say you are a half million ahead, how much is that after you take the actual inflation rate into consideration?

Zero. I look at my 401(k) and it has appreciated nearly $400,000 since Donald Trump was elected. Considering it would have likely lost around $100,000 if Mrs. Clinton had been elected, this is where I get my half million figure from.

Clinton? Pure guess and considering your Republican leaning a biased guess.
Inflation has NOTHING to do with it. It is completely related to the growth of the American economy, something you clearly know little or nothing about. Sure, I'm a principal for the New York Stock Exchange and almost certainly have more on the table that you do Popeye. Under this tax bill everyone will be better off. Certainly the wealthy will get more because we pay the most taxes; the poor will get much less because they don't pay income taxes to begin with. (Why they should get anything at all in the way of a "tax break" is beyond me.) So this all makes perfect sense, I think we can agree on that.

Inflation has a lot to do with it. Do you remember in high school when your teacher gave you the race car and stop sign problem? One car could accelerate faster than the other and the slower accelerating car could go faster. The car with less acceleration could never catch up. That is why the rich get richer, the artifical boost in acceleration given by the tax break to the wealthy will let them get further ahead of the average person. You might say it is a corporate tax break which is true but then I have to ask what the difference is between having money in your account an having CONTROL of the money in a corporate or trust account.
Doc you should have more knowledge of the economy than I do. This is what you are educated in, what you enjoy doing.
Your comment on the poor not being worthy of a tax break applies to the wealthy much more than the poor. The wealthy should be taxed more. Bring their after tax income to the median level. As an example look at the huge increase in the comfort level of the English poor when death duties where installed. Look at the huge increase in lifestyle when slavery was abolished.

Popeye

Postby Popeye » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Doc: I ll be away until the end of next week. Would to continue this discussion then.

Popeye

Postby Popeye » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Popeye wrote:Doc: I ll be away until the end of next week. Would love to continue this discussion then.

ACfromSAC
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: SLAYER!

Postby ACfromSAC » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:18 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:I look at my 401(k) and it has appreciated nearly $400,000 since Donald Trump was elected. Considering it would have likely lost around $100,000 if Mrs. Clinton had been elected.

Disclosure 1: I'm not a supporter of The Don. I hate what he's doing with environmental policy, social issues... many things.

Disclosure 2: Like you Doc, LOVE what The Don has done for my 401(k).

Disclosure 3: I think the tax plan is awful for many reasons. I totally understand the points you've made in previous posts and agree with elements of your arguments. I'm just curious to know your thoughts on the impact this is going to have on the deficit... which will be a very significant one. If it all balanced out, poor folks weren't taking it in the shorts AND the rich got the tax breaks without adding $1 trillion+ to the deficit, I could probably live with it. But that's not how it's shaking out and that's one of the biggest pieces that I'm having trouble reconciling. Curious to know your thoughts on the deficit issue....

Dr. Pyro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:32 pm

It will only add to the deficit if we keep the miserable rates of return (GDP growth) of the Obama years. But if we get growth over 3%, which historically is where we ought to be, then the growth in the economy will eclipse the "cost" of the tax cuts and return a positive (read: cut the deficit) return for the American economy. It comes down to a fundamental belief on whether or not we believe that the federal government is wiser at spending our money than we, or the local/state government, are. I don't know for certain that I'm right, as opposed to others on this forum who know they are, but from my perspective (and I recognize than it comes from that of "white privilege" and that life has been more than generous to me) I believe we know better than the federal government on how to spend our own money. I think tax reform is way overdue and that most of us, except perhaps the top taxpayers--including myself--in California or New York, will be better off. But I respect the opposing view (though I know of more than just a few of you that think my opinion is full of s***) and the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Simon of the Playa

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:06 am

Frida Be You & Me

helitack
Burning Since: 2004

Postby helitack » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:44 am

God only knows how far into the shitter we would be if Hitlery had been elected. My .fedgov 401K is up over $175,000 since November last year, the economy would not have taken off if her royal traitorness was in office. The un-Constitutional orders and policies are being reversed, the wall is being surveyed where I am. Perhaps Californistan will do what they say they want to do, secede. But make sure that you close off the gates to OUR water, mmmmkay?
Actively helping President Trump build the wall

Winning hearts and minds in lovely TexMexistan...

helitack
Burning Since: 2004

Postby helitack » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:01 am

lucky420 wrote:
Dr. Pyro wrote:Oh, and another thing. I did not vote for the president but I am at something of a loss as to why you people seem to hate him so much and use such vulgar language. Things are demonstrably better now than had his opponent been elected. The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 785 points from August 19 until November 4 to 17883 with the idea Mrs. Clinton would be elected. Consumer confidence was at an eight year low. And can you blame them? Then, when Mr. Trump got elected, the DJIA has skyrocketed to today's record high of 23959, a whopping 6076 points, or 33.6%. That's trillions of dollars in peoples' retirement plans--your IRAs, Keoghs, 401(k)s, ROTHs--that wouldn't be there if you had your way. Consumer confidence is at the highest levels since the Bush administration because objective reasonable people can and do acknowledge that the economy, the single biggest indicator of how people's lives are really doing, is strong and the job market is strengthening. But none of that seems to matter to you people. I know that I for one am worth several hundred thousand dollars more, actually close to a half a million dollars better off, than had Hillary been elected. Each and every one of you should be saying "Thank you" rather than "Fuck you" to the current administration.

*slow fucking clap. Good for you doc, good for you. And don’t tell me who I “should” thank and who I “should” tell to fuck off. Meanwhile dickhead is doing everything he can to destroy our environment, healthcare, education, science. And the rest of the world recoils in horror, oh except for you know duarte, putin and prob a few saudi.

So, are you saying you are one of those resistance peeps?
Have fun wid dat
Actively helping President Trump build the wall

Winning hearts and minds in lovely TexMexistan...

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:24 pm

Completely and I will. ^^^
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:54 am

83AC19A3-78E8-471A-88C8-20F2960E24FF.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:56 am

Hahahahahaha fuck
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Return to “Open Discussion”